Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 9, 2011 11:03 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shinku and Eclair's battle with Leonmichelli was awesome and led to Leonmicheli's surrender and an ecchi end where Eclair loses 100% of her clothes in front of everyone and Leonmichelli losing her jacket and showing off her hot cleavage. This is definitely for otaku due to the ecchi.

5/5

Apr 9, 2011 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
oh my god this show is so awesome xD, because it doesnt take itself serious.
this faces, the cats and even the commander is to fun to watch, this combine with a great cast and nice jokes, woah a really fun to watch anime.^^
Apr 9, 2011 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
XD it was a lot of fun! Watching this episode... I couldn't help but think they should make a videogame for this anime, it'd be an awesome game to play! The ecchi scenes were quite unexpected, I figured it'd be just a cute anime, but it wasn't all that annoying to watch or anything

Seiyuus, as usual, OUTSTANDING! Ayana Taketatsu's tsundere role really was amazing, and Ami Koshimizu as Leonmichelle *¬* she rocks! I'm watching this anime all the way!
Apr 9, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
Ayana Taketatsu and one more annoying character. Horie Yui deserve screen time.
Apr 9, 2011 7:25 PM

Mar 2008
This anime is so fun (not funny. fun.). Couldn't help but smile throughout the whole episode. After watching episode 1, I didn't expect anything in terms of plot, and basically just expected something fun to watch. Didn't disappoint me at all in this aspect and I personally loved the episode. Looking forward to the next~

Apr 9, 2011 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
Wow that was quick. I was sad when it ended. Thinking this is going to be one of those shows that i love despite not really having much noteworthy.

That was one of the few enjoyable fanservice scenes i have seen in a while.
Apr 9, 2011 7:31 PM

Apr 2010
Good 2nd episode. I hope the fanservice in this episode stops all the people saying "Its a kids show". Overall one of my favorite shows so far this season
RyanSaotomeApr 9, 2011 7:45 PM

Apr 9, 2011 7:49 PM
Dec 2010
that episode was alot of fun! god knows i needed that laugh cause im marathoning shuffle right now and its gotten heavy!
Apr 9, 2011 8:01 PM

Aug 2010
Yes, some ecchiness, I love this show even more.
Apr 9, 2011 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
I fucking LOVE this guy....Grade A male lead. Bad-ass, quick on his feet, thinks about the situation and acts on it. A rare breed in current male leads. He was even hilariously slick with the boob grab. And him gracefully dodging the Tsundere swings is a plus.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can totally see the white haired Cat chick falling for him by the end of this
Apr 9, 2011 8:06 PM
Aug 2010
Emm, pretty good episode! ^_^ It definately gives a different feel than a lot of animes nowadays, which is a good thing. Anyways, I sense harem coming >_<
Apr 9, 2011 8:09 PM

Feb 2008
so they do refer to them as chocobo.....haha interesting. this was a fun episode. haha i wonder how he will react to his predicament.
Apr 9, 2011 8:16 PM
Aug 2010
kisami said:
so they do refer to them as chocobo

I think its those stupid subbers (jkjk) that are refering them as chocobos.....
xillia000Apr 9, 2011 8:25 PM
Apr 9, 2011 8:39 PM

Apr 2008
I wonder when they'll realize Shinku doesn't turn into an animal ball when he gets impaled or breaks his legs from a fall. -_-'
Apr 9, 2011 8:39 PM

Feb 2008
prismheart said:
Yes, some ecchiness, I love this show even more.

Same. Hopefully we get more next episode.
Apr 9, 2011 8:56 PM
Mar 2010
blahrgness said:
I wonder when they'll realize Shinku doesn't turn into an animal ball when he gets impaled or breaks his legs from a fall. -_-'

They never said that he will turn into one o_o And a toddler ball would look strange. I don't think any of the "detailed" characters will turn into one, as that would be degrading themselves to the lesser characters. But then they would look real cute...

kisami said:
so they do refer to them as chocobo

Lol, that's what I was thinking too
Apr 9, 2011 9:01 PM

Feb 2008
the funny thing is... i thought it was gonna be a very clean show since i saw the rated "G" on the main page. But as the story went on and I saw the queen with white hair, I was wondering why they would make a character model like that in such a tame show. But this episode let me know that either the rating is wrong, or japan has some pretty perverted kids lol
Apr 9, 2011 9:16 PM

Apr 2010
rreggiebryant1 said:
the funny thing is... i thought it was gonna be a very clean show since i saw the rated "G" on the main page. But as the story went on and I saw the queen with white hair, I was wondering why they would make a character model like that in such a tame show. But this episode let me know that either the rating is wrong, or japan has some pretty perverted kids lol

G rating was probably just submitted by the people who said it was a kids show last episode. I don't know why people expected something airing after midnight with nothing but cute girl characters to be for kids, though...

Apr 9, 2011 9:21 PM

May 2010
It's "G" because animal = naked = normal (jkjk^^")
Apr 9, 2011 9:58 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm... I would have thought that the princess had known about that "can't send the hero back" thing that seems to be standard, but I guess she's just another one of those ditzy pink-hairs.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 9, 2011 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
I'll be following this ^^

The anime is cute and all, also cool in some ways.

The male lead is awesome, such a rarity.
I also lol'd at the Chocobo. Damn. :D
Apr 9, 2011 10:05 PM

Sep 2010
Well I figured out that this might be ecchii at the beginning , look closely at the lion commander's outfit notice that part of her panties are showing. I am not perverted( i hate perverts) but anyone who has watched any ecchi comedies probably noticed.

and the lion commander's cockiness is funny
Apr 9, 2011 10:06 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is pretty bad, but why am I having so much fun watching it!!!
Apr 9, 2011 10:42 PM

Jun 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
I fucking LOVE this guy....Grade A male lead. Bad-ass, quick on his feet, thinks about the situation and acts on it. A rare breed in current male leads. He was even hilariously slick with the boob grab. And him gracefully dodging the Tsundere swings is a plus.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can totally see the white haired Cat chick falling for him by the end of this

+1

cant wait for the next episode, x.x
Apr 9, 2011 11:13 PM

Sep 2008
OMYGAWDITWAS SO AWSOME! Shinku Was fighting and they were explaining the rules and there was a loli hanging around the princess and then we saw ECLAIR and she was sooo cute and they did the spell thingy and the beams intertwined to show TWuu Wuv and then we had an Ecchi Moment!!! Then we saw the enemy princess but she was a monarch and she had a bow but then it was and Axe and then they repeated the Same Ecchi Moment and then Shinku and EClair learned Teamworkz! Then the other princess was wearing denim shorts and her tail went stiff (HOT!) and Eclair was Nekid for Almost No Reason! Apparently the princess sings and then Eclair got dressed again and was soo cute and the Loli revealed that Shinku can't go home (Loli is like sooo adorable0_o) and that means that this is probably a quest to get home which is Infinitely bettar than going back and forth and juggling two lives.

Seriously, there is like nothing about this show I don't love. Especially Eclair. She's awesome :D
Apr 9, 2011 11:54 PM

Feb 2008
Well, he might changed is mind of staying. But I think first of all he try some way to get home.

Well like you said they might questings but I don't kind of think so. I mean the competition must have a purposed, anyway what I believe it going to be more such a think as this episode.
Someone might in that world know how to get back to real world.

Many characters we have not seen yet that are opening.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 10, 2011 12:00 AM

Dec 2009
This is... surprisingly good for stress relief. :O
Apr 10, 2011 12:17 AM

Apr 2008
Still a pretty fun mindless sort of show, but certain parts are grating. The tired jokes of ecchi comedy started appearing toward the end, and the whole relationship with Eclair is a vaguely annoying rehash of a million other series. I'll stay with this as long as it puts a smile on my face, but I can easily imagine it getting way too stupid.
Apr 10, 2011 12:21 AM

Feb 2010
I still don't know... I mean it's lighthearted... and enjoyable at parts... but I don't know if I will be able to stick with it.

We'll see.
Apr 10, 2011 12:30 AM

Jul 2009
Ultimate Move : Gigantic Explosion. That's rather common, or it should be.

Also, ecchiness makes it even funnier.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 10, 2011 12:45 AM

Sep 2008
Robbini said:
Ultimate Move : Gigantic Explosion. That's rather common, or it should be.

Lol. That technique was clearly designed with practicality and efficiency in mind. Though admittedly it would be more at home in a setting that wasn't sports oriented. With the friendly fire she probably loses as many points as she earns in most situations, and with the commentator telling everyone what's happening, ordering the troops to clear out so you can head on in there and explode everything isn't exactly feasible either.

Seemed odd to me that he could just tell Lion King that the guys were coming in to attack her from above, but evidently there's no policy against commentator interference so there it is I guess.

Anyway yeah, that did occur to me. That really should be the only ultimate move when you think about it.

"My ultimate move is a swordstrike that moves faster than the eye can see (unless of course you also have such speed)"

"Yeah, well my ultimate attack vaporizes you from across a football field with no need to aim and gives no feasible means of dodging (Unless of course you can rocket yourself into the stratosphere in half a second)"

X_X
Apr 10, 2011 12:59 AM

May 2010
@kiba1996,Don't worry no one think of you as a pervert.I think this episode was better than the first episode & ....... DON'T RATE IT AS A G SHOW ANYMORE!
Apr 10, 2011 1:01 AM

May 2010
@game8910 Lol,that must be because it is not such a bad anime.
Apr 10, 2011 1:09 AM

Jun 2010
It was almost fan service, but she didn't fight making it not fan service. Oh well, then next episode is bound to be exciting.

Apr 10, 2011 1:45 AM

Sep 2009
This episode was even more fun than the last. I hope they keep giving us updates with what's going on in the human world.
Apr 10, 2011 2:12 AM

Aug 2010
Zero no tsukai all over again?

Apr 10, 2011 2:24 AM

Jul 2009
Seyary_Minamoto said:
XD it was a lot of fun! Watching this episode... I couldn't help but think they should make a videogame for this anime, it'd be an awesome game to play!

This is what I'm thinking when watching this episode. Even hack n slash game will do.

For the episode itself, it was fun, I can't help to smile while I was watching it. There were some ecchi scenes but as long as they don't overdoing it, I'm okay with it.
Apr 10, 2011 3:29 AM
Oct 2009
See, I just knew the guy who did Nanoha wouldn't disappoint. Seriously, this episode was pure win and every single part of it was pretty fun (including the fan service, which normally is simply annoying to me!). Ok, I'll keep it.
Apr 10, 2011 3:42 AM

Sep 2008
I liked how there was no pretention to the fanservice. They weren't gonna show the improbable angling that had him on top of Eclair for the second time in a handful of minutes. There was a comotion, they were on top of eachother, then they moved past it. Didn't dwell on the moment, just "Yeah, we gave you guys another screenshot. Enjoy."

They barely even bothered to come up with a plausible explanation for why Eclair's clothes exploded. Didn't try and make the explanation sound any less ridiculous than it was. It just happened "There we are. Enjoy the screen, have fun with a half naked angry Eclair, cuz we know you're into that." then a two second shot of her dressing. Threw it in there because they couldn't very well skip over that, now could they?

Heck, the fact that the royal monarch of the proud Lion nation dressed in denim shorts with visible lingerie poking out wasn't even really aknowledged beyond the one line pointing out that continuing to fight might prove too much for the audience. Why would the monarch dress like that when the setting has given no indication of even being capable of creating denim, let alone the fact that the other royalty dressed typically for such a setting? Because it's sexy as all hell, that's why.

It's refreshing to see an anime that doesn't have to turn every arousing detail into a five minute shot, slowly dwell on each of the character's understanding of it, then move on to how it effects the witnesses, then try and make it a plot point for the episode to build on. Instead, just sprinkle some ecchi in there with all the fun. Don't spend all this time trying to justify it or make it significant, just throw it in there with a wink and a smile.

They get us at seven arcs. They understand.
Apr 10, 2011 4:39 AM

Jul 2009
all i gotta say is poor eclair. Also, i like the way they do war, it sorta reminds me of hetalia because when they go to war, its them hitting each other with sticks and they never die, just like in dog days except dog days uses real weapons and they turn in to blobs
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2011 4:52 AM
Dec 2010
While I didn't care about the ecchi much, I like this show due to the fact that its a "peaceful" competition rather than some violent war. Being light-hearted is one of the merits of this show and while it has some action going on its quite relaxing.
Apr 10, 2011 5:12 AM

Sep 2009
Great show! Enjoyable :3 Oh no he can't return back O.O but i'm sure he will get back by the end of the series.
Apr 10, 2011 5:25 AM

Apr 2009
"I can continue like this, but it would be a bit too much fan service for the citizens of both countries <3" - LOLLL!
Apr 10, 2011 6:00 AM

Sep 2009
I like how this show is rated G-All ages and still has these breast-grabbing and standing in just panties features :D
Apr 10, 2011 7:02 AM

Jan 2011
was really hoping that cat would say *thats not a kick!*
Apr 10, 2011 7:10 AM

Feb 2010
Gangler said:
I liked how there was no pretention to the fanservice. They weren't gonna show the improbable angling that had him on top of Eclair for the second time in a handful of minutes. There was a comotion, they were on top of eachother, then they moved past it. Didn't dwell on the moment, just "Yeah, we gave you guys another screenshot. Enjoy."

They barely even bothered to come up with a plausible explanation for why Eclair's clothes exploded. Didn't try and make the explanation sound any less ridiculous than it was. It just happened "There we are. Enjoy the screen, have fun with a half naked angry Eclair, cuz we know you're into that." then a two second shot of her dressing. Threw it in there because they couldn't very well skip over that, now could they?

Heck, the fact that the royal monarch of the proud Lion nation dressed in denim shorts with visible lingerie poking out wasn't even really aknowledged beyond the one line pointing out that continuing to fight might prove too much for the audience. Why would the monarch dress like that when the setting has given no indication of even being capable of creating denim, let alone the fact that the other royalty dressed typically for such a setting? Because it's sexy as all hell, that's why.

It's refreshing to see an anime that doesn't have to turn every arousing detail into a five minute shot, slowly dwell on each of the character's understanding of it, then move on to how it effects the witnesses, then try and make it a plot point for the episode to build on. Instead, just sprinkle some ecchi in there with all the fun. Don't spend all this time trying to justify it or make it significant, just throw it in there with a wink and a smile.

They get us at seven arcs. They understand.

This post right here. Very agree.
Apr 10, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2009
I reckon this will be my Must Watch of the season. I always love hearing Horie Yui in a good role.

It reminds me of ZnT but it doesnt take itself serious at all and I actually find this funnier.
Apr 10, 2011 8:16 AM

Feb 2011
very good episode
so much funny
although it give little fan service
i think this still not ecchi
5/5 for this episode
Apr 10, 2011 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
ImNotPro said:
very good episode
so much funny
although it give little fan service
i think this still not ecchi
5/5 for this episode

The rule of ecchi: When there's one ecchi scene, there's bound to be more later on.

Apr 10, 2011 9:28 AM

Jun 2010
The Yuusha is a pervert.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.