Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2007 3:45 PM
May 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Argh, i really hate Makoto...
I'm even depressed after the end of episode 3. =____=~ ~~
a
Jul 22, 2007 11:05 PM

May 2007
I didn't feel like ranting about this n00b dude this week. Makoto is helpless. Zettai yurusenai. p(' -.-)
Jul 23, 2007 7:11 AM

Jun 2007
he's really an idiot. "going out with her is becoming.. boring." daaah!

Jul 24, 2007 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
At least he is trying to do the right thing
Jul 25, 2007 5:50 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Can you really translate it with boring? Conclave translated it with tiring. I don't speak japanese but the words they used were often translated with tiring in other anime I've seen so I guess boring is a little over the top creating a whole different meaning.

Anyway, I liked this episode and what happened. That's just the kind of anime it is, imho it's wrong to expect something from an anime that's not really a part of it to begin with. I'm looking forward to more. Sekai's still my fave character, she looked great in this episode. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 26, 2007 4:14 AM

May 2007
o.O It's appears to be one of of those situations where he's starting to lose interest, but is just waiting for her to dump him. It sort of sad seeing this, since she gaining more interest and opening up more. I think Makoto is a bit selfish, but it doesn't help that Kotonoha is so reserved. The timing just doesn't seem right for those two. Well, I wonder what's next.
Jul 26, 2007 6:44 AM

Feb 2007
mild_even said:
o.O It's appears to be one of of those situations where he's starting to lose interest, but is just waiting for her to dump him. It sort of sad seeing this, since she gaining more interest and opening up more. I think Makoto is a bit selfish, but it doesn't help that Kotonoha is so reserved. The timing just doesn't seem right for those two. Well, I wonder what's next.

Haha...
Jul 26, 2007 9:02 AM

Jul 2007
Hmm...I think Makoto is expecting full blown crazy sex at this point or something it seems he just started dating Kotonoha and he's already calling her tiring, lol craziness :P
well im looking forward to the next episode^^,
Jul 26, 2007 10:44 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
Can you really translate it with boring? Conclave translated it with tiring. I don't speak japanese but the words they used were often translated with tiring in other anime I've seen so I guess boring is a little over the top creating a whole different meaning.

I can't really do a thing, I don't really understand japanese. So everything's up to the translator, right?

Jul 26, 2007 11:13 PM

Feb 2007
"Tiring" seems more fitting. If Makoto were bored, then he'd have moved onto Sekai or something. It's not that he's bored, it's just that he's tired of doing the things he needs to do for Kotonoha to get where he wants.
Jul 27, 2007 1:49 AM

Mar 2007
I was, pretty damn angry after he said that it was tiring to date Kotonoha. I had to review when he said it like 3 times to actually get it.
But it was a great episode, certainly needs the next after that.
Jul 27, 2007 8:11 PM

Feb 2007
you know what, I am TIRED of watching Kotonoha
I am sorry, she's nice and all, but she is so weak. She freaks out over like.. the simplest things like, even when he held her hand her initial reaction was shock! wtf kind of girlfriend is that. I'd dump any girl like that (and yes, I am a girl... long chat on irc of me turning either bi/gay or being a man... but then if I were a man I would apparently thing differently....but whatever).
Sekai is definately a better..choice, because she just seems like more outgoing and less afraid of life.

the best part of the episode was when he called her tiring. Then again, I also don't like Makato, so I think Sekai is too good for him.. but whatever.

I hope makato and Kotonoha die in the end.
Jul 28, 2007 2:12 AM

Mar 2007
I'd choose Setsuna before any of them.
Aug 7, 2007 1:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sobzob said:
I'd choose Setsuna before any of them.

:D

Galatea said:
I can't really do a thing, I don't really understand japanese. So everything's up to the translator, right?

Yes of course, they 'you' I was referring to was meant more in an abstract way. No offense. (:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 7, 2007 11:02 PM

Apr 2007
boooooring ep.

selective_yellow said:
I hope makoto and Kotonoha die in the end.

qft.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 14, 2007 2:40 PM
Sep 2007
My dislike for Makoto grows with this episode, while my liking for Setsuna-chan and Kokoro-chan grows.

Someone needs to slap Makoto across the face and be done with it.
Nov 6, 2007 9:43 PM

Oct 2007
Okay kotonoha really annoyed me for a second in this episode. she hinted at something in the train, then FREAKS out when he hugs her ohsoromantically and it was the most adorable part in the show yet!!! then i was pissed at makoto for being annoyed by her kiss on the cheek at the end. it was sooo cute!! what's wrong with cute!!! i LIKE cute :3 romantic & cute leads up to bigger romantic things.

makoto and kotonoha just really need to watch some shoujo romance anime and see how it works 8D ahahaa
Feb 27, 2008 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
LOL! katsup you're right!

But really, it's not going to be a long-lasting relationship. First of all, it's not that he really liked Kotonoha in the first place. He is just interested in her. And somehow took a picture of her; yet the one who triggered him to go to Kotonoha was Sekai. It was all Sekai's fault or not really fault, but the mastermind is Sekai. LOL!

I really like the character of Sekai. I mean, she's adorable! ^__^

I need someone to punch Makoto head-on! XD

And for the TL, "tiring" is the most appropriate translation than "boring". Tiring < Boring in terms of love/dating. It's because he's just exhausted of adjusting or restraining himself from doing perverted stuffs! (he's purely a pervert anyway!) So, he can't just be normal and stay put. LOL!

Or maybe, I'm wrong! Correct me in that one ^_^
Apr 6, 2008 12:14 PM

Nov 2007
my friend's mom came in at a fanservice part =___='''

May 31, 2008 1:50 AM

Feb 2008
Man, my hate for Makoto keeps increasing by each episode. The guy is a complete dumass.
Pretty good episode btw.
Jul 8, 2008 5:52 PM
May 2008
Makoto is really an idiot... He doesn't understand anything whatsoever. Tiring? OH SHI-
Anyways I was told this was like Higurashi, but still haven't seen any changes besides Sekai being depressed or whatever.
Aug 14, 2008 6:34 AM

Jan 2008
What the shi- , how could he say that at this point?? Kotonoha has started to like him more and now he feels tired???

On another note, Sekai is hot :D
Sep 23, 2008 7:52 PM

Sep 2008
In Makoto's defense, he did just spend an entire day with a girl and her little sister. I get the feeling this is Makoto's first "serious" relationship, and he's just confused/thinks life is like the movies, and love happens in two hours.

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Oct 6, 2008 9:08 PM
Mar 2008
hahaha, omg I love this episode. I know how Makoto feels...women ARE tiring/stressful...you start to walk on egg shells if you're dating one who will freak out at EVERYTHING.

I agree with what's been said here, he needs to just dump her and go for someone more like Sekai, who is actually....alive. Who doesn't stutter all the time...

These two are just so incredibly awkward together...but that also holds true...the first week-ish of a new relationship is often sooo awkward.

I don't know - I think that the anime is really nailing certain aspects of dating, currently.
"I know not what World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will surely be fought with sticks and stones."
Dec 3, 2008 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
cyruz said:

Anyway, I liked this episode and what happened. That's just the kind of anime it is, imho it's wrong to expect something from an anime that's not really a part of it to begin with. I'm looking forward to more. Sekai's still my fave character, she looked great in this episode. :D

I like Sekai as well. Mainly because she resembles alot to Miyako Miyamura.

This VN must be quite interesting. The main male lead seems like a dick though. I wonder how the game is. Thinking Katsura's "tiring"? Hmph.

Out of different endings, the anime's plot seems like one of the VN's "bad" endings to me.

Good episode, albeit, Makoto shows how truly retarded he is.

B25Mitch said:
In Makoto's defense, he did just spend an entire day with a girl and her little sister. I get the feeling this is Makoto's first "serious" relationship, and he's just confused/thinks life is like the movies, and love happens in two hours.

True I guess.
Feb 13, 2009 8:06 AM

Feb 2009
Looking at the start of the 4th episode, i understood how Makoto feels in the 3rd...
What he needs is the most common date in Brasil!!
Find a girl at a party or dancing club, stay together just for some hours,
talk, dance, give some hugs and kisses, maybe go further...
then leave like never have known each other...
That's what we call "stay" (ficar, in portuguese).
You can stay with friends from school too, but that's more complicated since you see each other everyday, so that may become a longer relationship.

I'm against that kind of date, but sometimes i feel i'd like to have had friends who'd call me for parties like that when i was a teen..

Anyway, Kotonoha is trying her best to advance in the relation, even being so conservative. She deserves some merit. But Sekai still be the best girl to date...
And the best translation for "tsukareru" is tiring. I think Makoto said that just because he works a lot for the dates to go well...
BlowITAFeb 13, 2009 8:09 AM
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Mar 27, 2009 1:30 PM

Jan 2009
"I like Sekai as well. Mainly because she resembles alot to Miyako Miyamura."

That was SO~ what I thought too! I adore Miyako X3

Onto the episode. I also find this relationship tiring. It's just not gonna work out, I can see that pretty clearly... The bad thing is, this moron is gonna go for Sekai, and I don't approve that! This just will show how much he "loved" Katsura...

Well that's just what I think will happen ^^'
May 16, 2009 11:59 PM
Apr 2009
Wait, so is it tiring or boring? Because where I saw it it was subbed as tiring.

The fact that he was annoyed with that kiss annoyed me.
May 28, 2009 7:54 PM

Oct 2007
Bladecatcher said:
Wait, so is it tiring or boring? Because where I saw it it was subbed as tiring.

The fact that he was annoyed with that kiss annoyed me.

agreed.
I'd love for a girl to do random cheesy stuff to kiss me like that.
Jul 1, 2009 6:12 PM
Sep 2008
Still waiting to see what the fuss is all about :).
Aug 11, 2009 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
Nice episode, but why does Sekai actually work in bras only?

happyhellhound said:
my friend's mom came in at a fanservice part =___='''

lol^^
Aug 16, 2009 11:53 PM

Jun 2009
either tiring or boring, he couldn't think of anything better to say
Sep 5, 2009 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
So many Fanservice in this ep eh... Makoto, a -5/5 for YOU! Baka!
Oct 27, 2009 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Both Katsura and Makoto piss me off. They should go die somewhere.

So, when do I get to see some violence anyway? :|
itsKatsudonOct 27, 2009 1:21 PM
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Jan 16, 2010 6:51 PM

Oct 2009
So far, I could say Mokoto and Katsura really suck.

Makoto really rushes things and can't read a person's feelings.

While Katsura is shy about everything and can't take anything. I'd seriously think about dumping her.

Sekai is an ok character, nothing too bad or good. But Makoto should have chosen her instead.
Jan 19, 2010 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
I don't think Makoto was the idiot in this situation. He wants the relationship to work but the two of them just don't click on the level that's needed. Katsura is shy, a little too shy for his tastes maybe.
Mar 28, 2010 4:23 PM

Apr 2009
Eeer... tiring? Did he just say tiring?

And damn I'll never get this fixation japs have with how they call each other... seems so silly to me...
Apr 6, 2010 6:59 PM

Feb 2010
nevermore199 said:
Someone needs to slap Makoto across the face and be done with it.

agreed.
Apr 18, 2010 5:48 AM

Aug 2008
so what, makoto is now tired of being with kotonoha? and why the hell he's ringing all the time to sekai and descibes ALL what happened with him x kotonoga O_O

lmao

/ however, i prefer sekai. okay okay, i understand that kotonoha could be shy but don't OVERDO it, she's behaving like a stranger to makoto
May 9, 2010 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
selective_yellow said:
you know what, I am TIRED of watching Kotonoha
I am sorry, she's nice and all, but she is so weak. She freaks out over like.. the simplest things like, even when he held her hand her initial reaction was shock! wtf kind of girlfriend is that. I'd dump any girl like that (and yes, I am a girl... long chat on irc of me turning either bi/gay or being a man... but then if I were a man I would apparently thing differently....but whatever).
Sekai is definately a better..choice, because she just seems like more outgoing and less afraid of life.

the best part of the episode was when he called her tiring. Then again, I also don't like Makato, so I think Sekai is too good for him.. but whatever.

I hope makato and Kotonoha die in the end.

lmao.
This.
Jul 28, 2010 3:45 AM

Jan 2010
come on makoto,have a little patience dude wtf...
i think that i see how will this become ****** up,if he plays with her heart

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 27, 2010 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
Jeez this couple is so awkward it makes the show so hard to watch. >.>
Stop apologizing over every damn thing!
Oct 21, 2010 5:00 PM

Aug 2009
TIRING???? what did you say???? he's just SOOO shallow that he already got tired. no wait i know why... it's that hyena, his little "friend" (friend my ass) that is playing all this game for her enjoyment. And she doesn't need to act innocently... her true face is obvious. So now he's tired and he's gonna through Kotonoha away like trash after he makes sure he doesn't like her anymore... nice...
I srsly hope you get what you deserve you misanthrope!
GAAAAAH this anime makes me want to hit something!!!!!! @#!%#@$$
JusticeUndoneOct 21, 2010 5:04 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Dec 20, 2010 8:31 AM

Nov 2010
i wonder if this anime would be better if Makoto was an Otaku,or it might be worse. Anyway thought it was random that they kissed before they called each other by their first name?
Feb 17, 2011 6:38 PM

Mar 2010
katsura is kinda irritating me... idk why most ppl are complaining bout the guy tho
May 13, 2011 11:13 PM

Jan 2008
- I wish Makoto would stop calling Kotonoha by her last name.. you're lovers, aren't you. -_-
- Finally, Kokoro said it!
Jun 27, 2011 7:55 AM
Apr 2011
The show in general is just irritating me. That tends to happen with romance shows, but if it's any good it should be an exception.

- Makoto is an idiot
- Endless fanservice
- Stupid plot going nowhere
- Boring?

I'll watch it to the end, but I think even the so-called "bad ending" might be the only thing to raise the score I have in mind of it.
Jul 10, 2011 3:01 AM

Jun 2009
The only character I'm anywhere close to liking is Sekai but....I doubt that will even hold up by the end of the series. But, the plot is most certainly going somewhere.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2011 6:10 AM

Aug 2010
Shant said:
The show in general is just irritating me. That tends to happen with romance shows, but if it's any good it should be an exception.

- Makoto is an idiot
- Endless fanservice
- Stupid plot going nowhere
- Boring?

I'll watch it to the end, but I think even the so-called "bad ending" might be the only thing to raise the score I have in mind of it.

This, exactly. The "bad ending" is my only hope and the reason why I started watching this anime)))
Jul 30, 2011 9:39 AM
Jun 2010
sekai should be with makoto. i love katsura but she doesn't seem good with him. she's always so freakin depressing. my friend says this anime is gonna turn out to be a horror anime. highly doubt that. :P
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece? ( 1 2 )

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

51 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
Jun 7, 4:27 PM

» Was Sekai really guilty?

iHateAnimeBro - Jul 29, 2022

23 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 5, 8:25 PM

» why do people like the ending of school days?

uzay99 - Dec 18, 2023

38 by Minhtam24fu68 »»
Jun 3, 11:01 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

163 by eblf2013 »»
Jun 3, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Is this worse than boku no pico?

JustSomeone15 - May 29

16 by KayKimii »»
May 29, 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.