Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 1, 2011 5:24 AM

Feb 2010
I doubt we'll find out what's going on any time soon. :-D Love it! I've got to say tho that the first episodes of ChäoS;HEAd were extremely interesting and entertaining, I can't see this one topping them, judging by the first episode.
May 4, 2011 10:10 PM

May 2010
From the first episode, it pretty confusing. I was watching through it and wondering what the protagonist is doing. I was actually thinking he was crazy. But that last part was interesting.......

I'll continue to watch this, and if it doesn't meet up to my expectations, Steins;gate has lost a fan.

May 5, 2011 10:07 AM

Feb 2009
I was rather taken by this series; from the artwork, to the characters, to the va, to the confusion, to the light tone meshed with the serious undertone.

I'm not saying they're similar but this had the same effect on me that higashi no eden had on me =]
~May you continue being the Messiah....
May 29, 2011 9:19 AM

Dec 2010
I almost thought that Kyouma will break the toy. He does not seem to be that bad :D
The part with “Your banana is soft and squishy” just made me laugh for real xD

And now for the serious part... can't remember if I watched anime with more confusing first episode than this one. I can't really comment on anything then the jokes, cause' they're the only part I really got o.O
Jun 10, 2011 3:43 AM

Mar 2010
That was incredibly confusing.I don't think I understood a single thing.Apart from the end which was kinda promising, the whole episode made no sense to me..
Jun 23, 2011 6:42 AM

May 2008
Oh God, this is much better and more intriguing than that stupid "C" anime. It's so much more interesting/intelligent and not the worst of generic shounen. The humour is actually funny, the animation isn't atrocious, and doesn't have all of the cliched trappings of [C] in general. Nice.

I wouldn't call this anywhere near a masterpiece or something. But at the very least it is intriguing and not terribly banal. One of the more average anime this season. Instead of embarrassing.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 26, 2011 6:02 PM

Aug 2010
Another confused person here :S

I'm not giving up on this one since its only episode 1..but it was really weird lol

That Okarin sure is some character..i'm intrigued and that Mayori well she is or either a clueless person or just an airhead ^^
Jul 8, 2011 7:15 PM

Oct 2010
Interesting, but confusing. And strange. And weird. I hope I'll start getting the story in the next few episodes.

Before starting SG, I was watching Soul Eater and Ao no Exorcist. And when I heard Okarin's and Mayuri's voices I was like, "Death the Kid + Shiemi?" LOL. <3
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 9, 2011 10:04 PM

Nov 2007
Well that was weird.

Already hate the chick. Cutesy voice, dumb and refers to herself in the third person? She needs to either become yandere or just die.

Hope the scientist dude becomes less annoying, also. So far I like Makise the most and all she's done is speak a bit and wind up dead.
Aug 9, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
this was very shitty
:c

But i'll give this shitty show a try
Aug 9, 2011 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
Kerozinn said:
i honestly dotn see why so many ppl voted "5 out of 5: Loved it! "

it was confusing and far from being great.

Atleast it starts giving you questions from the very beggining, unlike how most anime spend the first 4 episodes on character development
Aug 9, 2011 4:18 PM

Feb 2011
Yeah, I don't see how "confusing" is a valid excuse to give this episode anything less than a 5/5. Episode 1 did nothing less than leave me wanting more, as a proper first epsiode should.
Aug 12, 2011 11:40 PM

Jan 2010
A little confusing and a little slow, but I am rather intrigued. And the main character has a really great voice actor!
<looks up who it is>
Ah, no wonder. It's friggin' Light and Tamaki! This looks like a perfect role for him.
I'll give this show a couple more episodes, at least, and see how I feel about it.
Aug 15, 2011 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
Personally, I think the characters seem dry, but everyone has their flaws. Esp. Okarin since he's clearly out of his mind.
The humor is kinda dull. I only had the faintest of smirks at Itaru's perverse floppy banana joke. Clearly, the story seems to be this show's strongest point.
Other than that, I have some faith in this. I hope the story holds up and that the time mechanics get a good explanation as this series proceeds.
Aug 15, 2011 9:59 PM

Feb 2011
I suppose the style of humor isn't for everyone, but I think the show is worth watching even if you can't quite appreciate it all the time.
Aug 15, 2011 10:35 PM
Dec 2007
Sherr said:
Personally, I think the characters seem dry, but everyone has their flaws. Esp. Okarin since he's clearly out of his mind.
The humor is kinda dull. I only had the faintest of smirks at Itaru's perverse floppy banana joke. Clearly, the story seems to be this show's strongest point.
Other than that, I have some faith in this. I hope the story holds up and that the time mechanics get a good explanation as this series proceeds.
Okabe is not completely mad. You start realizing his Kyouma persona is merely his way of dealing with others.

Aug 18, 2011 6:32 PM

Mar 2011
I've been meaning to watch this properly for some time now. I got the SD UTW Mazui rip back when it fist aired and then watched it about 4am or omething. I kept falling asleep, the quality was kinda low, and at first I though it might be a sequel series because some people were talking about characters that wern't in the first episode.

Then I realised that this was a VN, so they had prior knowledge, this wasn't a second series or anything, and it involves time travel.

I usually like stuff with time travel, and it explains the 'wtf is going on' aspect so I'm giving it another shot!

Also, I keep seeing images of that Kurisu girl everywhere, so here we go! Lets see if I can watch this in time to catch up before the last episode!
Sep 15, 2011 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good, but not an amazing episode. The characters kind of amused me with their interactions but I think it's really harsh to judge them based on episode. Hope this lives up to the ridiculously large hype.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2011 12:20 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, it's...pretty damn confusing.

I just think that he's batshit insane right now. Though I'm loving his insanity and the laughs.

What's with all the Dr. Pepper?
Sep 16, 2011 4:24 PM

Jul 2011
Rewatching the series...all the later events fit into this episode amazingly and is a much better episode knowing this... however okabe really is annoying(then)
Sep 16, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2009
ChibiSamurai said:
... however okabe really is annoying(then)

Haha, yes xD. I remember how his laughter annoyed me, but later i got used to it, because i came to really enjoy his character. Hell, even i act like him sometimes (it was a secret until now, ouch). And one more thing - he's not insane!
Sep 16, 2011 4:41 PM

Jul 2011
bakuramariks said:
ChibiSamurai said:

Haha, yes xD. I remember how his laughter annoyed me, but later i got used to it, because i came to really enjoy his character. Hell, even i act like him sometimes (it was a secret until now, ouch). And one more thing - he's not insane!
Yes guys don't drop it after this episode okabe may be annoying now but the characters develop
Sep 16, 2011 4:51 PM

Mar 2011
ChibiSamurai said:
bakuramariks said:
ChibiSamurai said:

Yes guys don't drop it after this episode okabe may be annoying now but the characters develop

Don't know. I liked Kyoma at once. Just from the begining.
Maybe it's because he is really similar to me, except he is more into acting.
Here is the same thing that was with Sato Tatsuhiro.
It's easier to like character and put yourself into character's place when the character is similar to you.

Sep 19, 2011 12:46 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, this episode makes so much more sense now that I completed the series.
Sep 19, 2011 10:08 PM

May 2010
What on earth is going?

There is a guy and a childhood friend (girl). I will continue this.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 19, 2011 10:26 PM

Mar 2009
It's kinda interesting so far.
Oct 11, 2011 4:58 PM
Jun 2011
hmm this is a greate show. ;D

good to see something whitout all those lollis
Oct 24, 2011 5:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not too impressed by this first episode. They try too hard with humor and its just not funny so far. having said that, the cliffhanger at the end is really good and Im sure that what seems a convoluted plot will clear up soon.

I've heard wonderful things about this anime. Let's see if it lives up to the hype.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
What... the fuck... did I just see.

This looks like the kind of series I love. Confusing as freaking hell.
Nov 8, 2011 5:53 PM

Feb 2009
"Your Banana is floppy" LOL

The club was crazy enough to keep me going.
Nov 22, 2011 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
Dam so many questions after seeing this but it looks quite entertaining.
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 24, 2011 7:45 AM

Jun 2011
Now I know why people said this anime was worth to watch. The main cast are just amazing, especially Okarin and Mayushii; they are both lovable and interesting even it just the first episode.

A lot of things still doesn't make any sense like what does Stein Gate that Okarin mentioned means, what is this Organization he spoke of, why his message sent to the past and a lot of things but I'll see what will next =)

Great first episode~
Nov 24, 2011 7:50 AM
Jul 2010
God, I'm lovin how people, still new to the series, already say that it's amazing.... *squeee* Prepair yourself for the ultimate mindbending, this anime knows how to make every single episode worth so much! :3
EDIT: Is it weird, that I feel like S;G is my child and I've properly educated it, so now people are proud of it... lol
Nov 29, 2011 1:19 AM

Nov 2010
I decided to watch steins gate when i saw someone watching online in a internet cafe. I became to be interested to watch the 1st episode.

Im still confuse on the 1st episode but im sure be understand it on the later episodes
Nov 30, 2011 12:19 PM

Dec 2010
fidelbuds1 said:
I decided to watch steins gate when i saw someone watching online in a internet cafe. I became to be interested to watch the 1st episode.

Im still confuse on the 1st episode but im sure be understand it on the later episodes

You will. In fact you can only truly appreciate the anime once you finish it. God, looking back.... It really is one hell of a show.
Dec 5, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Wow! I'm blown away! Great first episode. I felt his conclusion about the message to the past was a little bit rushed, but otherwise really cool episode :)
Dec 5, 2011 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
Intrigued me :) Hoping for more awesome eps :D
Dec 9, 2011 1:03 PM
Jan 2010
Hanazawa is always the cute autistic girl.
Always.
Dec 14, 2011 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
well.....that was.......interesting?

i didnt think that was a good first episode at all.
but from what ive heard it gets better so i'll see wat happens.
Dec 26, 2011 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
when I thought chaos;head was hard to follow

what a total mind;fuck
Dec 29, 2011 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
I have bought both manga Chaos;Head and Stains;Gate, but I didn't get a chance to read them. So I don't know what is going on both series but people keep saying they are somehow related, well, I am going to confirm that sooner or later.
Anyhow, back to the episode, I didn't like it like others, but I guess the series will keep getting better, I hope.
Dec 31, 2011 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
Mayuri~

dat voice
Jan 18, 2012 10:58 AM
Mar 2009
Who will explain to me what happend and why!!!

The first ep. and first meeting of Makise with Okabe. She didn't know him but she said "A few minutes ago, you tried to tell me sth, right" so she had to meet Okabe before but he didn't remember that, why??? She met him in diffrent time line, or???That's strange because Okabe is endowed with remembering memories from other's time lines so even when they are changing he should remember the meeting with Makise???

When Okabe run away from Makise and pulls his phone from the pocket the time lines changed so I persume that then Marise was killed, I'm right???and she is being resurrected because Okari sent a mail about her death to Daru???
Jan 18, 2012 11:19 AM

Jun 2009
kingvince said:

The first ep. and first meeting of Makise with Okabe. She didn't know him but she said "A few minutes ago, you tried to tell me sth, right" so she had to meet Okabe before but he didn't remember that, why??? She met him in diffrent time line, or???That's strange because Okabe is endowed with remembering memories from other's time lines so even when they are changing he should remember the meeting with Makise???

When Okabe run away from Makise and pulls his phone from the pocket the time lines changed so I persume that then Marise was killed, I'm right???and she is being resurrected because Okari sent a mail about her death to Daru???

If you give the show, you know, time it'll answer these questions and more. If, for whatever reason, you have questions after the series is over then ask them then. Please don't expect people to completely blow the plot for you in the first episode, because that's pretty much what you are doing.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 19, 2012 4:30 AM

Jan 2008
kingvince said:

Ep23 shall do it to you. Just be patient and watch the story unfold. ; )
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jan 20, 2012 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
Thanks to all the hype that I was able to finish this awesome anime recently.

First couple episodes were painful to watch though (which is why I dropped it in the first place), and I know I'm not the only one.

That being said.. wish me luck on Gintama...
Jan 30, 2012 1:27 PM

May 2011
very interesting start. heard nothing but good about this anime and im definitely impressed with how it kicks off
Feb 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Feb 2011
Got this to see what the fuss and hype was all about. Pretty interesting I must say. But holy crap it is confusing atm.
Feb 20, 2012 6:32 AM
Dec 2010
ah not fan of crazy characters but then again, why am i actually watching steins;Gate ? haha

Btw: Question for the secret organization, Can it still be called opening when it's played in middle of the show ? I know what you are up to! muhahaha ............. *inner thoughts* "uff wth was that supposed to mean?"

Actually don't mind that and lets have some Banana Gel instead ....
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.