Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2011 7:25 PM

Apr 2010
Not the most interesting concept I've seen, but I caught myself smiling near the end of the episode. It was cute, and it was fairly amusing!

I'm interested to see where this show will be headed, so I'll keep watching this one! :)
"I wish, just one more time to hear your voice. One more time, just one more time... Say my name..."
Apr 2, 2011 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
Arite... i skipped the first few minutes since they were insanely boring and went onto where they introduce the character. When he spoke... first thing that came to my mind. Ginga Bishounen.

Anyways. Finished.. well, watched most of it.. skimmed a lot.... this show is insanely retarded. It's way too childish, yet this show probably isn't even aimed towards children.

Can't say I'll keep up with this series at this rate, not really worth the watch, which I'd really hate to judge by one episode. Do wan to know what he can actually do though.

The only nice thing about the series so far, from my point of view, would be the animation. Specific the part at the end when hes jumping down in the outfit spinning that staff or w/e hes using around.
Apr 2, 2011 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
War without death?

War crossed with Ninja Warrior!?

A Freerunning protagonist? Count me IN!
Muslim_OtakuApr 2, 2011 8:12 PM
Apr 2, 2011 8:08 PM
Jun 2010
hmm lol the voice actor doesn't seem right with the main male character lol

ginga bishounen
Apr 2, 2011 8:15 PM
Mar 2010
Wtf?
Hell, I will just watch it for the seiyuus...
Apr 2, 2011 8:22 PM

Sep 2008
It was interesting... and strange... Let's see where it will get at.

The princess looks like Caro indeed, and Leonmitchelle is so much like Reinforce lol Soon someone equal to Linith will appear like this. Okay, gotta stop thinking about Nanoha now.
Apr 2, 2011 8:34 PM

Aug 2010
I think this show will be cute, so I'll continue to watch it. I laughed when I saw that there wars were more like a sporting event where people (animals?) don't get killed.
Apr 2, 2011 8:40 PM

Sep 2007
Uhhhh yeaaahhh. I think I'll give this one more episode just to see how absurd the premise can get. And is it just me, or did it seem like the bgm was ripped straight off Super Mario and remixed into the show?
Apr 2, 2011 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
Painfully average, but not terrible. I'll see how the next few episodes go before I decide to continue or drop.
Apr 2, 2011 8:52 PM

Apr 2009
Muslim_Otaku said:
War crossed with Ninja Warrior!?

A Freerunning protagonist? Count me IN!

Those were the last things that I expected to see in this anime after seeing the opening. They're nice little touches. Speaking of which, the animation in the opening reminded me of Shukufuku no Campanella somehow, though I'm hoping this will be much more... substantial.

I was starting to get interested in the plot and setting before they turned war into a sporting event. That just didn't seem right to me at first, though as they explained it, it started to make more sense. It's kinda nice to see an anime about war that isn't melodramatic about it. I'm kind of hoping that it will be a light-hearted deconstructive parody of war by treating it as such, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Also, the protagonist looked kind of cool in his entrance to the battleground. If they can keep him from being just another dumb harem guy, I will be pleased.
Apr 2, 2011 8:55 PM

Nov 2010
War their is seen as a game rather than actually problem, a well it seems kinds of interesting and new from many different animes. I am really wondering how this one will play out but i hope its good rather than a lame ending...
Apr 2, 2011 9:14 PM

Nov 2010
i will never call those birds anything but chocobos XD
Apr 2, 2011 9:18 PM

Nov 2010
QysteiN said:
Was interesting the first 10minutes..
but not my type of anime.
Dropped.

DROPPED TOO
kid's show
Apr 2, 2011 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
Oh I lol'd. CUTEST. WAR. EVER.

I like Takuto's voice but the main character in this doesn't fit him.
Apr 2, 2011 9:20 PM

Jun 2008
TAKUTOOOOOOOOO
the ginga bishounen has returned to dazzle the stage once again!

I was hoping for a more interesting fantasy world but I'll settle for nicely animated battles and cute characters.
Apr 2, 2011 9:34 PM

Nov 2008
shinki7 said:
Eternal_Shield said:
seems like a cute anime to watch !

Agreed! Cute series with abit of actions =] Looks fun! Glad the "Hero" isnt a useless guy with no talent. I like him :3

Same. I think its a cute anime to watch, if it gets more violent I won't mind. It does not hurt to watch shows like these once in a while. So I'll be looking forward to the next episode....I really hope this does not turn into a harem/ecchi kind of thing. Although I watch it sometimes...I get tired of it pretty quickly.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 2, 2011 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
odd ... rather generic I guess but still better than the shit that was Dragon Crisis.

what's with all the harem hate? bah :(

I kept waiting for him to go all GINGA BISHONEN or APPRIVOISE.

I prefer the cat people.
Apr 2, 2011 10:05 PM

Jul 2009
Is it too late at night, or is that EMPEROR WAKAMOTO?!
Recognized Sister and Azunyan immediately.
Slightly heavier Takuto voice.
Did NOT catch Yui Horie.
Lol wtf was that impossible jump.
LOL NINJA WARRIOR!
That was one hell of a magic circle.
The fuck, chocobo?
-_-' it's a game?
'''orz it's alternate-dimension MXC...
._. i'm gonna follow for a few more eps, just to see how seriously it takes itself...
wheresthehandleApr 2, 2011 10:40 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 2, 2011 10:16 PM
May 2010
A war where noone gets injured?
WTF am I watching!?
Apr 2, 2011 10:33 PM

Oct 2008
I am always wary about animes where everything is so nice, with no real and actual conflict... It just makes me not care...

Like so many animes, I love the character designs. Plot so far is a letdown as usual. Male protagonist so far hasn't irritated me, but isn't really lacks personality.
Apr 2, 2011 10:40 PM

Jul 2010
i think it looks kinda funny its a new kind of anime one of its own kind and it makes me lol seeing the soldiers turn into digimon or pokemon sigh.. god knws wat they had in mind when doing that but it looks promising cant wait to the next ep and more of cat and dog ears
Apr 2, 2011 10:44 PM

Nov 2007
Liked because Zero no Tsukaima, Utawarerumono, Nanoha were all thrown to the blender and then added a overdose of not taking itself seriously.
Apr 2, 2011 10:46 PM

Sep 2008
The show was awesome until we hit the sports announcers.

I've tried a few drafts, but I just can't even properly say how much it bothers me that they built it up as a war and then made it a high stakes(?) sports match. I'm motherfucking flabbergasted.

Um... aside from that, it was pretty cool when he arrived on the "battlefield". If they hook this up with some well choreographed fight scenes and try and play up the importance of these "battles" for the country (maybe lay out how living quality for the citizens has dropped from the frequent losses and the effects they've had on the trade agreements or something", this could be a good series. As is I'm waiting to see what happens. If it goes ecchi harrem then I can forgive the flaws as my mistakenly thinking it was a genre that it was not. Moe will get the same treatment. For heaven's sake though right now it's complete shit in terms of fantasy and shounen/action, so it's gonna have to start doing something right.

Things I liked. They made the chosen one an experienced acrobat and hard worker. That's good. Quite frankly the "inexperienced bumbling buffoon gets pulled into a new world where everyone's fate rests on his shoulders" has been done too many times before. Wouldn't want him to be an experienced swordsman or anything, but for christ's sake even Robin was an acrobat (well, Dick Grayson anyway).

Thing I liked #2. Nekomimi/inumimi. I like that. Not much to say there, but it's certainly a plus.

Also, the show had a very nice soundtrack. Would have been nice if it was a little bit less obtrusive, but within the context of a setting where it's people are watching this as entertainment and thus there's a certain amount of showmanship to it, it worked. They never play anything subtle at a any form of sports even. They play shit like Are You Ready For This. So even that was actually pretty appropriate. Towards the end the fireworks and such made it clear that this was likely intentional, but even halfway through the show, with the sports announcers and seeing the exact dynamics of the battle, it seemed pretty clear what they were going for.

Just throwing this out there, but I think Eclair will be my fave. Cute, great ears, and some manner of warrior. All the cards are there.
Apr 2, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2009
I expected this to be like ZnT but i was majorly wrong. I'd like to sum up my thoughts about the episode in the form of an equation.

Chocobos + Tokyo Mew Mew + Wipeout gameshow = Dog Days
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Apr 2, 2011 11:14 PM

Feb 2008
What's wrong with Kid show anyway?
We have been watching Digimons and Pokemon, can't see anything wrong with this anime.
I can't really remember what anime I watch but have seen something simliar, not a real wars but a fun competitions to different countries.

Haha yeah when I first saw those birds I call it Chocobos, what else can we called them? Haha :D

It's looks like a fun, but have seen this before, no battle.
Next week :(

You can't really hate Nana Mizuki voice and Horie Yui, my favorite actors.
They should voice acting any characters, they are professional.

Popular voice actor will make this anime show popular thought.

I like the insert musics and opening songs :)
BlackbirdApr 2, 2011 11:18 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 2, 2011 11:22 PM

Oct 2010
I thought this was ok until injured soldiers where exploding into cats.
huh?
Apr 2, 2011 11:42 PM
Jun 2008
The animal ears and the war environment reminds of Utawarerumono.
Apr 2, 2011 11:52 PM

Sep 2008
Blackbird said:
What's wrong with Kid show anyway?
We have been watching Digimons and Pokemon, can't see anything wrong with this anime.

Digimon maintains that life and death is a factor in the journey. It's a kids show, so nothing ever happens, but we are left with the understanding that if they're killed in the Digital World, they die for real.

Pokemon, while the premise is that of a sparing match essentially, we're left with the understanding that there is some level of reality to the combat. Pokemon get injured like all the effing time. Caterpie gets hit with a flamethrower, you better believe Ash is running off to the pokemon center, where he'll spend the night anxiously waiting to see if Caterpie's gonna make it through this.

Kiddie show is all fine and dandy, but A) I didn't think that was what I was in for and B) This is a notch or two past kiddy. Even Kiddy shows are grittier than this. If Pokemon is, by comparison, a gritty depiction of the dangers of combat, then you're in some kind of ridiculous territory.

I'd even be fine with all of this if they hadn't built it up as a war first. They could call it anything else, but war means a very specific thing. This is a competition, a meet, maybe even a fight if we want to stretch it. If you're gonna spend the first ten to fifteen minutes building me up to a war with the fate of a kingdom on the balance, then suddenly switching it out for a japanese game show with the moral of the kingdom on the line isn't a good way to maintain my interest.

It's like "This is a sordid tale of a the Elric brothers who seek to correct their tragic past... Oh wait, no they actually want the philosopher's stone to make infinite candy so everyone will be happy, and the Humunculous's are actually hamburglers. Oops, were you expecting something else?"
Apr 2, 2011 11:54 PM

Nov 2007
The best thing I can say about is that there was a little charm in the setting and various creatures that inhabit that world. Everything else was... lame; the way the hero was recruited, how he reacted and didn't question anything, the nature of the battles, and just how harmless and uninspiring everything was.
Apr 3, 2011 12:13 AM

Apr 2010
Eh, I enjoyed it. Maybe people were just going into it expecting some deep story or something? Taking it as it is, a light hearted harem/comedy show, I think its enjoyable. Pretty mindless but still fun to watch.

Apr 3, 2011 12:36 AM

May 2010
This is going to be lame. Random kid mistakenly called a hero, wars are obstacle courses and are they all using transformation jutsu? IMO this looks too kiddy.

Also, lol at chocobos.
Apr 3, 2011 12:53 AM

Jan 2010
Well, what could I say about this?.. I guess it's.... cute ^_^..
I was into it before they explained about the "war".. even the opening was great.. I thought it'd be some kind of action battle where there is blood and people at the edge of death but it turns out to be some kind of athletic meet or something :D

but it's just fine for me.. I'd still watch the next few episodes and hope something will come out of it..
4/5 for this episode..
Apr 3, 2011 12:56 AM

Nov 2010
seems like it could be a decent watch.
Apr 3, 2011 1:04 AM

Nov 2008
War - A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

War (Dog Days) - A means to showcase athletics and enjoy competition in a fun and healthy manner.

This show has 3 more episodes to convince me not to drop it ^_-
Apr 3, 2011 1:24 AM

Apr 2008
Looks like this is getting a pretty bad response. I, on the other hand, went in expecting crap and actually really enjoyed it. The whole thing was just fun. Reminded be a bit of Erfworld. Arf World as someone else put it. If they play up the game mechanics with real consequences aspect like Erfworld did then this could be really good. I'm not so much expecting that, though, so I'm more hoping for cute, action, lighthearted entertainment, and a lack of ecchi.

SephiriAzure said:
shinki7 said:
Eternal_Shield said:
seems like a cute anime to watch !

Agreed! Cute series with abit of actions =] Looks fun! Glad the "Hero" isnt a useless guy with no talent. I like him :3

Same. I think its a cute anime to watch, if it gets more violent I won't mind. It does not hurt to watch shows like these once in a while. So I'll be looking forward to the next episode....I really hope this does not turn into a harem/ecchi kind of thing. Although I watch it sometimes...I get tired of it pretty quickly.

This is the main line I agree with. It's just fun to watch as is, and while Miyano is a sort of old voice to listen to he makes for very fun characters. I can get behind a hero that knows what he's doing for once. The animal ears thing is a little worrying, though. It can be played for cute, but its main realm is mindnumbing ecchi, so I'm wary.

As a final note, anyone else bothered that there's both dog people and intelligent dogs? The princess even petted Tatsumaki. What kind of social structure is this?
Apr 3, 2011 1:50 AM

Nov 2007
FoxyRoxy said:
War - A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

War (Dog Days) - A means to showcase athletics and enjoy competition in a fun and healthy manner.

This show has 3 more episodes to convince me not to drop it ^_-

My thoughts exactly.
ANN even talks about an 'agressive' attack, so yeah, I expected it to be more serious.
But trolling the watchers seems to be the trend these days, so I'm giving it some more eps, and enjoy the cast. OnoD, Wakamoto, Takehito Koyasu and Takahiro Sakurai voicing catboys, what more can a girl want ^^
Apr 3, 2011 2:21 AM

May 2010
dropped after ep1 ..not for me :)
Apr 3, 2011 2:27 AM

Nov 2007
D'awwwh, that was adorable. Seems like it'll be some silly, pointless fun. And the cast is absolutely amaze <3
Guess I'll give it a shot.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Apr 3, 2011 2:35 AM

Aug 2010
.. reminds me of those Zero no Tsukai series :]

Apr 3, 2011 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
Mizuki Nana doing the OP = Winninng
As long as there is more loli to come, this show is a okay with me.
OShoranOApr 3, 2011 3:10 AM
Apr 3, 2011 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
D'awwwh, that was adorable. Seems like it'll be some silly, pointless fun. And the cast is absolutely amaze <3
Guess I'll give it a shot.

This. It's only 12 eps, so I think, I can stand this...
But who knows, maybe we will get something like Madoka...
Apr 3, 2011 2:55 AM

Sep 2009
Finding out the battles aren't anything serious cracked me up. It does look like a fun little series to watch. Also, I never get tired of hearing Horie's voice.
Apr 3, 2011 4:06 AM

Apr 2009
Don't know why this show is copping this sort of flak so far. While not anything new or extraordinary so far, it's a fun light hearted show with lots of cuteness to boot. Male protagonist is pretty likeable as well. The only real damaging thing about the show is probably the whole premise of boy meets girl again, which has been done to death over the years and done in a bad or boring way in some cases. I found myself laughing at some of the clichedness at times but overall it's pretty decent so far. Also let's not forget about the all-star vocal casts and the people who brough Nanoha A's and StrikerS, which keeps me optimistic. It's an interesting enough show to blog at the very least, and a little more from me about it here.
Apr 3, 2011 4:22 AM

Sep 2008
SteelMaverick said:
Don't know why this show is copping this sort of flak so far. While not anything new or extraordinary so far, it's a fun light hearted show with lots of cuteness to boot. Male protagonist is pretty likeable as well. The only real damaging thing about the show is probably the whole premise of boy meets girl again, which has been done to death over the years and done in a bad or boring way in some cases. I found myself laughing at some of the clichedness at times but overall it's pretty decent so far. Also let's not forget about the all-star vocal casts and the people who brough Nanoha A's and StrikerS, which keeps me optimistic. It's an interesting enough show to blog at the very least, and a little more from me about it here.

Bold

That's exactly the problem though. With all the spectacular talent involved, people were expecting more than a subpar hackneyed show that poorly utilizes an overused premise. Like, an on-par generic piece of crap would be the minimum expectations with that cast.

Now, it's up for debate whether that describes the show or not, but suffice it to say that I walked in expecting one thing, and got its' socially awkward cousin. Come episode two we'll all have had a week to readjust our expectations, and I figure that at the very least, my own thoughts will be a bit more positive. Quite frankly I was sure this was gonna be "The Show" this season. It's really not looking like it is.
Apr 3, 2011 4:43 AM

Apr 2008
Did anyone else felt like they were watching Star Driver with Shinku's voice. I felt like he was going to shout "Dazzling Stage" any moment now.
Apr 3, 2011 4:59 AM

Jul 2008
Not much of a difference between the two LOL

Tiger and Bunny = Real heroes, real danger, but the heroes are also in a "game"
Dog Days = There's a war..except it's a "war" game.

LOL
Apr 3, 2011 5:04 AM

Apr 2009
Gangler said:

Bold

That's exactly the problem though. With all the spectacular talent involved, people were expecting more than a subpar hackneyed show that poorly utilizes an overused premise. Like, an on-par generic piece of crap would be the minimum expectations with that cast.

Now, it's up for debate whether that describes the show or not, but suffice it to say that I walked in expecting one thing, and got its' socially awkward cousin. Come episode two we'll all have had a week to readjust our expectations, and I figure that at the very least, my own thoughts will be a bit more positive. Quite frankly I was sure this was gonna be "The Show" this season. It's really not looking like it is.

Perhaps it's a bit too much to bank everything on the staff and vocal cast, but I still can't help but feel it's going to be better than what we've been given so far. Episode 2 is likely to continue in the same vein as ZnT's episode when Saito fights Guiche and things like hidden powers and whatnot are going to come into play. The real meat is likely to come soon after that when the episodes can branch off the path of genericness. Let's also not forget about the recent (yet sadly still airing) Madoka series, when episode 3 changed almost everyones perception about the show instantly, although for Madoka I was sold on the visuals in the second episode.

Maybe for Dog Days I'm just sold on the colourfulness of the show. Woof.
SteelMaverickApr 3, 2011 5:09 AM
Apr 3, 2011 5:12 AM

Sep 2009
the OP theme was kickass XD

So far I'm liking this show....I can see both nanoha and tsukimia in it.

But damn his reaction was totally off...if I were him, I'd start petting that princess's head and give her tail a few pulls to see how she reacts.

And it was amusing to see that aside from the main chars, everybody looks like they came out of a fax machine

Well I'm def looking forward to the next episode X3
Apr 3, 2011 7:20 AM

Apr 2009
awwww.. but if it's a real war, then it would be more generic recursive fantasy world in war sh*t that i may be too bored to watch.. with this one, i'll be spending time with it no matter what the outcome is until the end.. also, cute show.. and here in the forums, we can find again how filthy humanity is by demanding blood and gore to such a colorful show.. hehe..
argiliumApr 3, 2011 7:25 AM
Apr 3, 2011 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
Then why call it war...
This kind of resembles a children's anime with its pure idealisms and only happy and good consequences.
What happens if the cats take over the castle? Umm... nothing?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.