Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 3, 2011 7:26 AM

Aug 2009
Shinku is too shota-looking(♥) for Miyano Mamoru.
More Becky puriizu.
Apr 3, 2011 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
metalsnakezero said:
Did anyone else felt like they were watching Star Driver with Shinku's voice. I felt like he was going to shout "Dazzling Stage" any moment now.

Haha I went back to rewatch and I didnt notice at first but now i definitely hear that! thats awesome! I love Star Driver!

Pretty good episode btw, looks like something i'll enjoy, something pretty unique IMO. Just dont take it as seriously as something like Bleach xD
Apr 3, 2011 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
Then why call it war...
This kind of resembles a children's anime with its pure idealisms and only happy and good consequences.
What happens if the cats take over the castle? Umm... nothing?

Not every anime has to be 100% serious. Whats wrong with having a unique premise for once?

This is why anime is going down the drain if people complain when theres a show that has a rare unique premise
RyanSaotomeApr 3, 2011 7:51 AM

Apr 3, 2011 9:17 AM

Dec 2008
I like the way its coming off, and even when people complain about Miyano's acting on this, please, take a moment and hear an actual 13 year-old boy talking. A good amount of them are already changing their voices, and I thought that it was quite a nice voice he gave him. It would have made him much more shouta if he'd had a girl voicing him, but I think he did a good job!

As for the rest, the scenary is impresive if you ask me... the art is really good, not only the characters, but everything about it! The effects... they were really nice too!

I understand the war wasn't at all what any of us expected but... why complain? I think it's a different world... so they can hace a nicer way to look at things. To me, it was like watching some sort of Olympics or something XD but honestly, why not watch it? Because dogs and cats don't kill each other properly? Where's the need for blood, blood and more blood? Normally, anime aimed for kids tend to have a message, so... why should they be considered bad? I think this one seems an amazing anime, and I can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 3, 2011 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed it ^^
Apr 3, 2011 10:11 AM

Oct 2009
I have a feeling that I'm going to regret that I started watching this show.

I can't stand Miyano Mamoru's voice. It sounds like he's trying to talk with a sock stuffed down his throat.

The way they don't even bother to draw actual faces for the background characters looks cheap and really stupid. The chocobo ripoffs they ride on look really weird too.

Some of the background music reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine or something.

And their wars...are friendly fights with rules? wat

At least there is lovely Horie Yui to help me through these (probably) painful 11 next episodes.
Apr 3, 2011 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
OShoranO said:
Mizuki Nana doing the OP = Winninng
As long as there is more loli to come, this show is a okay with me.
[

My thoughts of the first episode.. Let's see it's a Cute Anime that's for sure but I will wait until I see more episodes before judging it lol :)..
Now for the real deal of this show is this AWESOME OP
Here is the Full official Scarlet Knight PV by Mizuki Nana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEd7QuJqgR4
dragon132004Apr 3, 2011 10:48 AM

Apr 3, 2011 11:29 AM
Oct 2009
Okay, that was not what I was expecting, but quite entertaining nevertheless. Actually, my main initial concern was the ridiculous looking plot. Luckily the show doesn't take itself too seriously, so we can expect a pretty warm and nice to watch anime (or crazy plot twists and sudden gore).
Apr 3, 2011 11:32 AM

Nov 2008
Tomah said:
Okay, that was not what I was expecting, but quite entertaining nevertheless. Actually, my main initial concern was the ridiculous looking plot. Luckily the show doesn't take itself too seriously, so we can expect a pretty warm anime (or crazy plot twists and sudden gore).

I doubt there will be gore seeing how the dogs and cats being defeated turn into dog and cat balls, a warm anime is pretty much expected from this and it's already ridiculous so a crazy plot twist would not surprise me.

Apr 3, 2011 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
Tomah said:
Okay, that was not what I was expecting, but quite entertaining nevertheless. Actually, my main initial concern was the ridiculous looking plot. Luckily the show doesn't take itself too seriously, so we can expect a pretty warm anime (or crazy plot twists and sudden gore).

I doubt there will be gore seeing how the dogs and cats being defeated turn into dog and cat balls, a warm anime is pretty much expected from this and it's already ridiculous so a crazy plot twist would not surprise me.

Well after the first Nanoha episode, I woulda thought it was just some kids magical girl show. Its waaay too early to write this off.

Apr 3, 2011 11:53 AM

Apr 2009
Easily something that I would love. Probably because it reminds me of a lot of JRPGs I've played lol.

Finally, the 'hero' isn't someone that's useless at first. He's a normal guy at first, but damn, he's athletic.

Also, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a harem, just a nice fantasy anime.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 3, 2011 12:03 PM

Jan 2011
MisaTange said:
Easily something that I would love. Probably because it reminds me of a lot of JRPGs I've played lol.

Finally, the 'hero' isn't someone that's useless at first. He's a normal guy at first, but damn, he's athletic.

Also, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a harem, just a nice fantasy anime.

Agreed, he's my favorite part of this anime right now, very confident, althletic as shit(probably why they picked him) and is able to grasp his situation VERY quickly. Might make one of the best action male leads I've seen in a while.

And I love that bad ass intro he made. Basically letting everyone know he's ready to whoop some ass....
Tenchi_RyuApr 3, 2011 12:09 PM
Apr 3, 2011 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
By the way guys... I've noticed many guys say its Dogs VS. Cats like that as a war setting but the truth is THEY ARE FIGHTING LIONS, the strongest species of cats. That's why the Dogs tribe can't win against them, beside guys, did you miss when they introduced Wakamoto Norio as one the Lion Knights general:

Apr 3, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2008
dragon132004 said:
By the way guys... I've noticed many guys say its Dogs VS. Cats like that as a war setting but the truth is THEY ARE FIGHTING LIONS, the strongest species of cats. That's why the Dogs tribe can't win against them, beside guys, did you miss when they introduced Wakamoto Norio as one the Lion Knights general:

Speaking of which, that also bothered me. It's this medievalesqe setting. This is a legitimate army. Why the hell is no one armored except for the general-leader types? All these hordes of soldiers marching off with these half-assed wooden shields and completely unarmored. They looked more like marauding bandits than any possible variety of soldier.

I'm waiting to hear something about the economy and the situation iron-wise to explain why this so called army could only afford three suits of armor. After that I also want to know why, despite this being an abundantly magical setting, there weren't any mages on the field. Does magic here not have combat applications beyond the kidnapping of extra-dimensional children?

These weapons. Why are they non-lethal? They don't appear to be blunt, so is it some manner of enchantment that polymorphs the target rather than inflict bodily harm? A medieval fantasy equivalent of the nerf club?

You mention the lions being the strongest variety of cats. Do these people have abilities specific to their associated animal? I'll have to wait and find out.

Admittedly, now we're getting into stuff that's more interesting to me than aggrivating. The setting has the potential to actually be compelling, and I'm starting to see that. I just hope they put the time in to make it so.

Why exactly is war the way it is in this setting? Could it be that the people of this world have a biological aversion to harming their fellow sentient being, but are still possessed of all the other human traits that cause contention with their neighbors, and the human desires that would bring them to attempt to take what belongs to other nations? Thus war becomes not only a way that they can settle disputes and steal from other nations without hurting others, but also a means of venting all the constantly building aggression that cannot be expressed because of their biological imperative.

It's only been one episode. They've established the premise, I kind of want to see what they do with it now.
Apr 3, 2011 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
This show is not for Old Geezers and Hags. Drop this already if you don't like kid shows XDD Don't take this show seriously for god's sake o_O

I'm still sticking to this series since it's colorful, cute, entertaining and oddly unique XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 3, 2011 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
This is a funny anime. It's a bit weird but kinda fun to watch.
jjihhyeApr 3, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 3, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2010
Well, this was pretty uhh...interesting. xD

So this is how they practice war in these lands eh? The real world could learn something from their way of sporting behavior! =P

A main character actually being capable of doing something, nice refreshing art and an interesting setting make me want to give this series a shot. Let's see how this turns out and hope it won't be a generic mess of pretty colors and moe.

Apr 3, 2011 2:57 PM

Jun 2009
Please hero, we need you to save the kingdom...from being depressed.

That is....without a doubt....the dumbest reason I have ever heard. They kidnap a kid, take him away from his parents, life and friends and bring him to some whacked out place, tell him to join in a war that has nothing to do with him without even considering his opinion, and all this just to keep the kingdom from getting depressed.
If it was me I would show these guys a real war!

Nanoha didn't get good until Fate joined in around episode 4 or 5. There could be a possibly that this could take on a more serious tone. But if not I suppose I will just watch it for the animated magic spells and laughable story.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Apr 3, 2011 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
Gangler said:
Speaking of which, that also bothered me. It's this medievalesqe setting. This is a legitimate army. Why the hell is no one armored except for the general-leader types? All these hordes of soldiers marching off with these half-assed wooden shields and completely unarmored. They looked more like marauding bandits than any possible variety of soldier.

I'm waiting to hear something about the economy and the situation iron-wise to explain why this so called army could only afford three suits of armor. After that I also want to know why, despite this being an abundantly magical setting, there weren't any mages on the field. Does magic here not have combat applications beyond the kidnapping of extra-dimensional children?

These weapons. Why are they non-lethal? They don't appear to be blunt, so is it some manner of enchantment that polymorphs the target rather than inflict bodily harm? A medieval fantasy equivalent of the nerf club?

Actually I thought the generic soldiers were probably pretty close to what the rank and file medieval soldier was actually fitted out like, except for being armed with swords instead of pruning hooks (glaives), pitchforks (tridents), or spears. Boiled leather jerkins and wooden shields with metal bands are light enough to climb a storming ladder with, even if you are carrying out serious mayhem rather than appearing in a fantasy version of an obstacle course game show.

I doubt we'll get any detailed exposition on the economy, or on the weapons that reduce soldiers into tribbles, but one can always hope. I'm hoping that they ramp up the ecchi content even more as that just might make this watchable (although it didn't work for Rio).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 3, 2011 4:59 PM

Sep 2008
rodac said:

Actually I thought the generic soldiers were probably pretty close to what the rank and file medieval soldier was actually fitted out like, except for being armed with swords instead of pruning hooks (glaives), pitchforks (tridents), or spears. Boiled leather jerkins and wooden shields with metal bands are light enough to climb a storming ladder with, even if you are carrying out serious mayhem rather than appearing in a fantasy version of an obstacle course game show.

I doubt we'll get any detailed exposition on the economy, or on the weapons that reduce soldiers into tribbles, but one can always hope. I'm hoping that they ramp up the ecchi content even more as that just might make this watchable (although it didn't work for Rio).

Good point, although if it's going for realistic medieval as opposed to fantasy medievalesqe then that brings up an entirely different set of problems;)
Apr 3, 2011 5:17 PM
Aug 2009
That was extremely random.
Cats, dogs, chocobos, Nanohas, WTF?

Let see... xD
Apr 3, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
stevewiess01 said:

Dang. here i thought its just started.

anyway, a big war build up turn out to be athletic games. wow. that was something unusual. i was wondering how yosha-sama will fight in blood with his athletic abilities, but he got full stage. not bad for first episode and i'm glad its not harem. yosha x hime will be great.
Apr 3, 2011 8:31 PM

Jan 2010
Chokobo + Ninja warrior = ???
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 3, 2011 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
Gangler said:
dragon132004 said:

You mention the lions being the strongest variety of cats. Do these people have abilities specific to their associated animal? I'll have to wait and find out.

Admittedly, now we're getting into stuff that's more interesting to me than aggrivating. The setting has the potential to actually be compelling, and I'm starting to see that. I just hope they put the time in to make it so.

Why exactly is war the way it is in this setting? Could it be that the people of this world have a biological aversion to harming their fellow sentient being, but are still possessed of all the other human traits that cause contention with their neighbors, and the human desires that would bring them to attempt to take what belongs to other nations? Thus war becomes not only a way that they can settle disputes and steal from other nations without hurting others, but also a means of venting all the constantly building aggression that cannot be expressed because of their biological imperative.

It's only been one episode. They've established the premise, I kind of want to see what they do with it now.

You have put most of thoughts and questions into your post, but as you have said, we'll have to wait and see more episodes as this is just being the episode one only we can't say for sure that anime is not good... and first and foremost the important thing here is that this anime is directed towards the Japanese audience before anything else.. So it depends on what their anime markets have now.
I will watch it and see how it will go and I think its a nice refreshing before the other dark shows start airing you know like the Deadman Wonderland.

Apr 3, 2011 10:27 PM

Aug 2009
Heartfelt-Melody said:
Hoppy said:

It's a kids show, there will be no harem.

It's not a kid's show. Kids shows don't air at 11:30 at night.

I'm sure the TV network got mixed up with the schedule. Maybe next week they'll have it...let's say...7 pm? after Suite Precure? LOL

That or it's another Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica...I'm sure you guys know what I mean LOL.
Apr 3, 2011 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
If this tries to pull a Madoka on me, I'll laugh so hard. I'll stick with it, see what happens. BTW, what was up with the super seiyuu alliance? Wakamoto, Miyano Mamoru, Nana? I fainted twice I think.
Apr 3, 2011 11:37 PM

Mar 2010
shinki7 said:
Cute series with abit of actions =] Looks fun! Glad the "Hero" isnt a useless guy with no talent. I like him :3

(TAKING THAT FREIGHT TRAIN THAT RAN OVER BRUNO MARS DURING HIS "GRENADE" VIDEO AND...) AHEM!!

When I read the synopsis, I shivered. It sounded too much like Zero's Familiar (which I HATED) and didn't particularly trust the Lyrical Nanoha people. However...

Shounen lead NOT a pansy; complete with Light Setsuna's VA. "Dog Vs Cat" (Asobi ni Ikuyo in reverse and without the heavyhanded fanservice). Feight's VA. This'll be an interesting 12 episodes.

"Nice Dog." :)
Apr 4, 2011 12:51 AM

Mar 2011
call it whatever you want, its still a CHOCOBO! :D
Apr 4, 2011 1:01 AM

Aug 2008
This is facepalmingly ridiculous and childish, but I may be able to put up with it. It's cute at least. So long as this doesn't veer too far into harem territory and remains entertaining, I'll give it a fair shot.

Apr 4, 2011 1:09 AM

Jun 2009
DenjaX said:
This show is not for Old Geezers and Hags. Drop this already if you don't like kid shows XDD Don't take this show seriously for god's sake o_O

I'm still sticking to this series since it's colorful, cute, entertaining and oddly unique XDD

WoW... DenjaX it's rarely to see you liking a show, I thought you don't like most of the shows these days ;).

Apr 4, 2011 1:24 AM
Mar 2008
just watched the first ep and here is my summary of it cats vs dogs at a large athletics festavel where when hit they tern in to baby Digimon what is everyone eles think am i right or not
Apr 4, 2011 2:16 AM

Feb 2010
ahh i think i liked this all the way untill they acualy showed you the war... that ruined it for me.
acualy wait it was up untill the part when those announcers came up i was like wtf is this a joke or something
i dno if ill watch the rest ill check next one out n try from that
bestiedamo1Apr 4, 2011 2:24 AM
Apr 4, 2011 4:18 AM

Oct 2008
Ok for a first ep...just ok.

Art and names remind me of Shukufuku no Campanella.
Story and fantasy stuff remind me of Shining Tears x Wind.

I loled at the Cellkulls = Chocobos
And the round cat things.

Nice for a kids show I guess.
Apr 4, 2011 4:22 AM

Feb 2010
Looking good!

That's how you enter the arena like a boss - way to go Takuto!
Apr 4, 2011 5:06 AM

Jun 2009
ACtually, not bad at all. For its Genre its a good one
Apr 4, 2011 5:13 AM

Aug 2010
AidanAK47 said:
Please hero, we need you to save the kingdom...from being depressed.

That is....without a doubt....the dumbest reason I have ever heard. They kidnap a kid, take him away from his parents, life and friends and bring him to some whacked out place, tell him to join in a war that has nothing to do with him without even considering his opinion, and all this just to keep the kingdom from getting depressed.
If it was me I would show these guys a real war!

Haha, you make a good point but if this happened to me I would be all for it just to get closer to the girls.
Apr 4, 2011 8:16 AM

Jul 2010
STRANGE. That's what I got to say, though, the athletic wars part intrigued me. Gonna give it a try since the idea of warring looks fun? xD
Apr 4, 2011 8:19 AM

Feb 2011
weird war
what is it? takashi castle?
i glad i pick this anime
it is fun to watch this anime
Apr 4, 2011 9:17 AM

Jan 2008
So, we got Chocobos by any other name and a very White Mage'ish outfit on the princess when she first meets the hero.. I think I'm on to something here...

Also, I thought I heard NORIA WAKAMOTO's divine voice out of the Leunmitchelli lieutenant. Add the other names already mentioned here and I sense something good =D
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Apr 4, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2009
Love It! <3
Yui Horie's voice is so cuteeee! ~ *-*
Apr 4, 2011 11:02 AM
Jun 2008
I don't know what possessed me to watch this but there's a (very slim) chance of this being hilarious. I'm actually gonna give this another 2 episodes. Have I just stumbled on to a favourite?
Apr 4, 2011 12:37 PM

Jan 2011
heidurzo said:
It looks promising, though I am a little worried about the pace not much actually happened for a whole episode. BTW anyone else reminded of the 4th hokage near the end.

yes lol... which is awesome. i <3 miyano. and i <3 mitano too. YAY.

it was kinda shocking when i found out what their "war" was... but now it makes sense why he was chosen!

Apr 4, 2011 12:42 PM

Jun 2010
Hearing Zastin's voice made me laugh x.x
My type of anime,
And the main char really looks like Jin from GC using 3rd job+ 4th job armour using blonde hair x.x
Apr 4, 2011 1:20 PM

Dec 2010
lol chocobos!! :D
I have no signature at the moment. Cute Ika-musume avatar should be more than enough~
Apr 4, 2011 1:33 PM
Jan 2011
Hoppy said:
My only complaint is how the soldiers end up when they are hurt, the soldiers turning into dogballs is unforgivable, I don't mind bloodless violence but don't turn them into dogballs, leave them the way they are just keep the bandages on them for the childish look (this is still a kids version of Nanoha). Seiyuu selection, OP and ED is outstanding, Nana Mizuki still does the roles of younger characters very well. Characters are between good and above average but the gimmick after the enemies are harmed is terrible even for children's show standards, other kids shows such as Precure did this way better, why didn't they do what I said above or even better let them disappear when hurt, both of these are family friendly but are tolerable. The episode in general was good, completely ridiculous, and what I expected from the series.

3.9/5

Well, I guess the author of this anime wants to have intended it for kids as young as 10 and below. Now, if I've herd it right the male lead is into athletics, but he seems to do parkur than the so-called atheltics.
Apr 4, 2011 3:49 PM

Oct 2009
Jumping two stories down while doing flips is pretty athletic
Apr 4, 2011 5:14 PM

Jul 2008
Apr 4, 2011 10:17 PM

Feb 2010
Meh. I dunno. Kinda stupid... but somewhat entertaining... I'll give it a few eps, then make a decision. I liked when the solders were defeated they turned into kawaii neko-balls. lol.
Apr 4, 2011 11:01 PM

Sep 2008
Nasty001 said:

Well, I guess the author of this anime wants to have intended it for kids as young as 10 and below. Now, if I've herd it right the male lead is into athletics, but he seems to do parkur than the so-called atheltics.

You sound like you might have a misunderstanding regarding the meaning of the word athletics.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/athletes

Parkour would qualify as an exorcise, sport, or game requiring strength, agility, or stamina.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.