Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2011 10:51 AM
Jan 2011
stevewiess01 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

If you have watched this episode, you'll know why this pretty much sums up the episode. :)

It looks like we're nearing the end of the first season and the real battle seems to begin in the 2nd season of Bakuman, which will involve Mashiro & Takagi, Nizuma, Fukuda, and probably also the mysterious guy at the convenience store.

Anyway, I was gently surprised by the improvement of the animation quality from J.C. Staff compared to the earlier episodes of the first season and how the they delivered the story without any major trouble so far. I'm not a big fan of shounen manga, but I think Bakuman is defintiely an exception to that category.

Glad to know that Koogy is out of the race.
Mar 30, 2011 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
"Ma-Mashiro desu!" *beep* *beep* *beep* I loled there, poor Mashiro, he tried so hard to answer xD
Mar 31, 2011 7:42 AM

May 2010
Haha. Poor Mashiro but looks like it didn't affect him . lol

and yeah, Koogy's reaction was priceless. xD
Mar 31, 2011 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
Okay, so KOOGY's work totally sucked compared to the others. No bug surprise, but oh well.
But well, at least the three others all placed the 3rd, which was to be expected.

It feels kinda bad that I didn't put 1 and 1 together until now, and thus didn't realize that the reason why some of the characters look so much alike some Death note characters is because it's the same author behind them.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 31, 2011 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
This episode was a piece of shit.

Honestly, all episodes up to episode 15 were so boring with no pace at all. Then came episode 16 which was a terrific episode; finally something that makes this series worthwhile watching. This kept up until episode 23.

Then came this crappy episode. This was THE one episode where Mashiro and Azuki could develop their relationship further and take a step forward. But no, the producers just had to choose for an all non-realistic approach of a girl not being able to talk to the boy she's gonna marry and be TOTALLY FINE WITH IT. Damn, she even convinced her mom that she won't make the same mistake as her. Really now? Her whole relationship with Mashiro is based on a friggin' mistake.

Maybe I'm just mad because this episode differs from the manga (yes, in the manga Azuki and Mashiro actually do talk on the phone, perfectly fine even). And actually, I don't mind if anime producers take a different approach on the manga. By all means - if it improves the base storyline - go ahead and do it.

But this was just a shitty edit with no improvement whatsoever on the story, it even made it worse.
RekshoMar 31, 2011 4:52 PM
Mar 31, 2011 5:00 PM

Jul 2010
"This is Ma-Mashiro!" *beep* *beep* *beep*
*cue The Price is Right losing horns.

lmao
Apr 1, 2011 11:29 PM

Dec 2010
WAHHH cant wait till next season.. ><
^^Same, koogy couldnt have got a good score.
in real life, this long distance not talking to each other or seeing each other relationship will never work!
Apr 2, 2011 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
So they didn't talk over the phone... Oh and I got the reactions I totally expected from all of you.... But it really sucks that they're not even able to talk each other over the phone.... It's totally lame how she handles the situation and still she had the guts to tell her mom that she won't make the same mistake she did.... But one thing's right... How are they supposed to marry if they can't even have a relaxed phone chit-chat.... pretty lame... And I can't actually remember they had a chat over the phone in the manga... that has been ages ago... pretty much why I can't remember... still... what's up? Why the heck she hung up.... that's quite rude... Suck for the poor Mashiro... I hope the producers dun change future important scenes...

Oh and in the end Niizuma was right! Kiyoshi and Trap tied in first and Hideout Door ending up in third! That's how it turned out... A tie and a third place, plus Koogy's utter defeat setting him back to the Fourteenth Place muahahaaha... Poor guy got crushed... And his reaction was awesome too hahaha... They all got lots of votes... only a few votes of difference... Well then.... the Final Battle (of the season) will be held at the Serialization meeting... YAY!

Hattori is amazing.... I love how he handled the situation... and how he was so sincere with Yuujiro. Yuujiro was interesting as well... Well I do really hope they're captains one of these days... They're doing really well...

Ad Hiramaru was back this episode! And not only once but twice!!! Reading manga and learning stuff about it! Hahahaha... Looks like he will be the surprise factor for the next episode... the Seson Finale... could it be that the anon gets one of the positions for the contenders of the Golden Cup? (I dun remember tho xD) Yoshida had some suspicious movements there.... I'm ready for the next episode!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2011 9:28 PM

Oct 2008
One more ep left. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 9, 2011 12:52 AM

Apr 2009
Haha Miho is so shy >__< Or maybe it's something different from shy, as she doesn't have much problem talking to Takagi...
Jul 14, 2011 1:59 PM

Mar 2010
Lol the nervousness for the phone call was the best part... though she was to nervous to go through with it...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 1, 2012 1:27 PM
Jan 2012
there's one more episode ... I'm curious end
Feb 10, 2012 5:32 AM
Mar 2011
Why would 14-year-olds like the detective story and the 17-year-olds like the typical shounen manga? Isn't is usually the other way round?
Apr 9, 2012 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
I KNEW Azuki would hang up!

I was waiting for it and BAM!
|ω・)
May 11, 2012 1:27 AM

Sep 2011
When Azuki hung up on Mashiro... I almost died laughing! xD
Aug 5, 2012 10:42 PM

Sep 2010
I was really happy to see that KOOGY didn't get even close to first.
It was pretty funny but sad that Azuki hung up on Mashiro.
Aug 17, 2012 2:23 AM

Jan 2011
Koogy got his ass kicked, I loved that!
I want to know who gets serialized, perhaps it will be all 3 of them!
I'm looking forward to the last episode of season 1.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 17, 2012 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
When Azuki hung up on Mashiro, that was a highlight of the entire anime LOL.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 30, 2012 5:52 PM

May 2011
Colorfusical getting 14th was awesome, great display of reader power vs. fanboy power!
May 25, 2013 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
The lack of romantic development really bothered me this episode.
Those bitches better come face to face in the second season.
Dec 10, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2012
Oh boy things sure are going to be great in the next and final episode of this first season, so let's see what the next episode has to offer and lol Miho you're way to shy, open yourself up a bit and listen to your mother!
Jan 18, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
I wonder who's that mysterious guy that we often see but never saw his face. It have to be a big reveal for the first season ending.

Oh god, I would have felt so humiliated if someone I loved would have hung up on me. It was sad but hilarious at the same time xD

So the last mile's up ahead. Go go go!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 18, 2014 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
lol @ Koogy, that's what you get for being a cheap bastard >:D Only one episode to go for S1.
Jan 20, 2014 12:29 AM

Apr 2009
SERIALIZATION time! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
Hattori is awesome, he really wants his guys to do well regardless of the credit he'll get for managing them. Nice bloke.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 7, 2015 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
I'm starting to hate Miho. Her immature outlook on love makes her seem really naive and full of herself, because she doesn't seem to know what she's talking about. Also Mashiro has no balls when it comes to girls like AT ALL. He can follow his dreams but can't talk to a girl he knew for years over the phone.
But I really hope Miho gets some development because as of now she annoys me.
Mar 26, 2015 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
I have a bad feeling about this....
Nov 24, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2016
The female characters in this series are so disappointing considering it has such compelling male characters /sigh. Aoki especially is such a disappointment so far she is such a terribly flat character. Although Azuki's phone call with Takagi was nice.
Nov 29, 2016 1:06 AM

Sep 2013
Gah! This has me on the edge of my seat! I hope they get serialized! I still don't trust the frizzy haired editor for some reason.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 12, 2017 1:07 AM

Dec 2015
There is something going on in the background that I'm not picking up on! They're going to totally ruin everything in the last episode. I just know it!
Dec 14, 2017 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god, KOOGY REEEEEEEE'd because his piece of shit manga got destroyed in the final results. Dude's still got music and a fanbase who will support him no matter what, so he has nothing to complain about.

The fact that Colorfusical even got a 53% approval rating...I bet all of those were those KOOGY fans/girls who would have voted for him if he would have taken a shit and copied it on every page of the magazine.

The median age of Fukuda's manga approval was older, but is that really an issue? I would figure 17-year-olds are easier to sell stuff to than 14-year-olds, which is part of how these manga make money.

The easiest aspect of Bakuman to criticize in my opinion is the Azuki/Mashiro relationship. This whole "we can't have a proper relationship or even conversation until you're a published mangaka" thing is ridiculous. Azuki's mom was wise to share her own experience and basically tell her to stop being an idiot.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 25, 2018 11:43 AM

Feb 2018
Wtf is wrong with this girl. Why does she always have to write (lol) after every email.
Dec 7, 2019 3:11 AM

Mar 2015
What's so hard about opening up to someone you know has mutual feelings for you? Sheesh
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 30, 2020 12:28 PM

May 2018
I really hope that all the pairs got serialised lol, but yeah life ain't that sweet
Jan 11, 2021 1:25 PM

Jul 2017
Congrats to both Ashirogi Muto and Shinta Fukuda for both tying and winning the Golden Future Cup together with pretty similar results achieved from them despite some differences like the gender-age ratios. Mashiro, Takagi, Fukada are all preparing chapters now hoping to be serialized as a result of this, with even Nakai and Ko Aoki preparing serialization names too with the approval of their editor as they all hope to get their first big manga running weekly in Weekly Shounen Jump. Pretty suspenseful episode overall as the anime holds the result of who is getting serialized to the finale.

Bonus too for Miho's mother admitting to Miho about knowing who she likes without revealing anything (she did keep that promise to Mashiro about being silent on the fact that she loved Moritaka's uncle before when they both were just sending letters for years). Miho contemplating on whether or not to call him after just sending each other texts all these times, but given how Mashiro might be getting serialized really soon, that call would definitely come in handy for a congratulations.
Jul 12, 2021 10:40 PM

Jan 2020
So the result turned out just like Eiji said...well not quite I guess, since he doesn't reveal the name...
Oct 17, 2021 2:50 PM

Dec 2007
so we come to 1st season climax which is the meeting, really feel like this whole season is only build-up to this moment and next season.

LOL,takagi and miho sure felt suspicious.

miho's mother worrying about her daughter so she won't be like herself, that was pretty touching, and added a lot.

hattori and yuujiro talk was nice for mature talk, reminds me the elders talk in hikaru no go.
Oct 20, 2022 9:21 PM

Jan 2020
At least KOOGY didn't place very well. I think most people watching this can be happy about that. But, like I mentioned in the last episode, I wouldn't necessarily count him out. He could always become more of a threat in a later season. He's clearly got talent, but he's still got to work at it if he wants to be successful. So, if ends up working at his manga, he might git gud.

I'm glad Aoki ranked lower as well. That's what you get for barging into Team Fukuda's manga circle and then refusing to actually contribute.

Unfortunately now that the Gold Future Cup is out of the way, we're back to this annoying romance rhetoric. If not for how they were going about MoritakaxMiho I would like this series so much more. I feel like that aspect alone is going to keep me from scoring this higher.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 11, 2023 2:49 PM

Dec 2020
I love this anime It's so addicting, though you all know the downside of completing an addicting anime that you like it's going to be a search to fill in the void that it creates.
Jun 10, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 7:53 PM
Jul 2017
boring episode with no purpose
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Help: Bakuman. filler episodes? (All Seasons)

JoNuttanon1994 - May 21

6 by speedranime_ »»
Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

220 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.