Forum Settings
Forums
New
Kyou chapter vs Tomoyo chapter
Mar 19, 2011 1:48 PM

Sep 2010
which ova do you prefer or think is more superior?

I loved them both more than clannad itself but I think I like kyou's chapter a tiny bit more than tomoyos
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2011 1:55 PM

May 2009
I like Kyou's episode better since I like Kyou better... :P
Mar 19, 2011 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
I like Kyou better but I felt that the Kyou OVA was lacking.
It was less Kyou x Tomoya and more the events leading up to it. While the Tomoyo OVA was Tomoyo x Tomoya from the very start.

I would have liked to see more of the actual relationship, is what I'm trying to say.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Aug 29, 2011 2:33 AM
Jul 2010
Yeah, in Kyou Chapter there was move Ryou than Kyou, but all in all, I like Kyou's a bit more. Both are great though.
Nov 18, 2011 2:33 PM

Jul 2011
I prefer Kyuo over Tomoyo (character).

As for the story they showed i liked the one from Tomoyo better since they were more connected in the story, Kyuo's story was to much of Ryuo, I would have liked if they showed more Kyou + Tomoya moments than the ending only.

Story = Tomoyo over Kyou
Character = Kyou over Tomoyo
Nov 18, 2011 2:43 PM

Feb 2009
Well, I liked,

Nagisa End then Tomoyo End then Kyou End

I dunno, Kyou's was just kinda... Weird. It felt a little over the top and like it was too much.
Jan 29, 2012 12:31 AM

Sep 2010
I loved Tomoyo's chapter it made me cry. Kyou's didn't, but it was still good.

So I voted for Tomoyo since she is my favorite girl in Clannad.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 11, 2012 11:39 AM

Jan 2010
Late reply is late, but I'm probably the only one who really despises Kyou, so I loved Tomoyo's chapter. Plus, looking at it in a non-biased way, the Tomoyo one was a bit more developed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2012 3:00 PM

Apr 2012
I voted Kyou, they were, unfortunately, my two least favorite characters, so I didn't really connect with them (they annoyed me really, I'm the person who just wants the hero and heroine to get together, otherwise it's just wrong. Nagisa would never find love if not for tomoya), Tomoyo, for whatever reason, irritated me throughout the whole series, she was the only character I disliked (I really can't fathom why myself), thus I of course liked Kyou's more.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else"
---------------------------------------------Winston Churchill----------------------------------------------------
Apr 11, 2012 4:02 PM

Nov 2009
Kyou's easily, not really too bothered about Tomoyo
Apr 11, 2012 7:46 PM
Apr 2012
Tomoyo's easily. Hers was more touching.
Apr 13, 2012 5:18 AM

Sep 2011
I'm Really Love Tomoyo But I Like Kyou's Chapter More.

May 27, 2012 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
Kyou > Tomoyo, and then came these OVA...
Both offered a unique love scenario, but the self sacrifice in Tomoyo's won my vote.
Also, Kyou in short hair... notsureifwant...
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

May 27, 2012 11:48 PM
Dec 2011
I played through the actual VN once and ended up going with Kyou (partially because I really liked some of the scenes in this OVA) and it's really a shame a lot of you are putting this down because of something that simply couldn't be helped. There is a LOT of dialogue between Tomoya and Kyou and it simply had to be condensed so much that it comes off as a little "lacking" in this OVA. Nonetheless, I really liked it and thought the rain scene was very well done!
May 27, 2012 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
I liked Tomoyo's more, though I also think Tomoyo is the more interesting character.
Jul 18, 2012 10:45 AM

May 2012
It's all about preference. I personally enjoyed the Tomoyo chapter more, but Kyou's chapter was also great! I really wish there was more! :D

Aug 7, 2012 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Kyou is my favorite character and I was expecting a lot from her chapter, but I'll have to admit that Tomoyo's chapter was better.

Tomoyo's chapter was actually better than I expected, the ending was very much to my liking, it was very touching :) The episode truly had what it was supposed to have: a good story of Tomoya and Tomoyo :)

As for Kyou's chapter, I was slightly disappointed. The let down was even bigger because Kyou is my favorite. I already pretty much knew it would be like this, but the focus was still too much on Ryou, I wanted more Tomoya x Kyou :<
The ending part should have been longer and deeper, now it ended up quite awkward and rushed.

Both of the special episodes would've deserved a 2-4 episodes long OVA. I gave Tomoyo's arc 9/10 and Kyou's arc 8/10.
Aug 25, 2012 9:27 PM

May 2012
Tomoyo was my favorite Clannad girl so yeah, I liked the Tomoyo chapter better! lol. It seemed like a more real dilemma that an actual couple could face to me.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Aug 25, 2012 10:34 PM
Dec 2007
Uchihafan25 said:
Tomoyo was my favorite Clannad girl so yeah, I liked the Tomoyo chapter better! lol. It seemed like a more real dilemma that an actual couple could face to me.
Except for the fact they had no chemistry. Think for a second one simple reason why Tomoyo would get chummy with a bum without a goal. In fact, it's pretty uch established backstory that Tomoyo's favorite pastime was to KICK THE ASSES OUT OF THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE. So yeah, there's so little for that relationship to hang on to as to be almost non-existant. And if you actually see the parts KyooAni skimmed over you'd realized Tomoya never really proves himself to have a good heart or to not practice what he preached. He was basically a lecherous bum through most of his time, the only things he did for Tomoyo were taking the suspension instead of her (which he should do anyway as it was his and Sonohara's fault the gangsters followed Tomoyo to school) and helping Tomoyo win the election, and that was only to fix a situation he also help to create (she had created a bad rep for hanging out with Tomoya among other things).

So yeah, I like how their dilemma at the end was indeed pretty realistic, but the begginning was just, out of character. Getting them together requires them to be completely out of character, in a worse way than Kyou's dilemma (at least in Kyou's chapter the whole problem stems from Tomoya entering a relationship without actually being 100% sure and then realizing that whatever he did from then on would hurt someone, which he doesnt likes to do).

Sep 16, 2012 8:15 AM
Jul 2012
Anyway, i'm still waiting for Kotomi's Chapter.
Sep 18, 2012 2:22 AM

Sep 2011
RyderJones said:

That won't happen. If you want to see Tomoya X Kotomi development, get the Visual Novel.

Nov 25, 2012 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
Honestly, I prefer the Kyou chapter. Not because I prefer Kyou to Tomoyo, but just because of I liked how both the sisters liked him & all that.

If I could choose the original as my favorite though, I would. Nagisa x Tomoyo forever. <3
Dec 12, 2012 11:36 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Kyou chapter better, more romance looool !
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 4, 2013 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Tomoyo For Me, But thats hard cause I like Kyou as well, But I like Tomoyo just abit more.

Anyways too bad they didnt make a whole season of these After World Stories. I would have of killed to watch more lol
Jan 10, 2013 5:48 AM
May 2012
Tomoyo's chapter is by far superior. She had a story behind hers and the ending to it was very sad. I like Kyou as a character but her chapter wasn't that well done as Tomoyo's. It was done much better in the VN. I also think Tomoyo is a better character as she has an ambition to reach and she and Tomoya have the best relationship. Leon-Gun is totally wrong in saying they have no chemistry.
Feb 8, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
I prefer Tomoyo, chapter and episode.
Feb 8, 2013 2:04 PM
Jul 2012
Tomoyo. Better drama and I love tomoyo. And the relationship.
Apr 7, 2013 3:22 PM
Jan 2013
I liked both, but I think that the Tomoyo chapter was better.
Plus, Tomoyo is also my favorite too! <3
Aug 16, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
I liked Kyou more as a character, but the Tomoyo chapter was more well rounded. They're both great watches though :)
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Sep 11, 2013 11:17 AM
Aug 2013
Tomoyo. better character than kyou
Sep 11, 2013 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
AkaNoYasha said:
I'm waiting for Sunohara's.
Oct 15, 2013 5:06 AM

Oct 2013
Kyou is amazing and best character on the show :):), but the Tomoyo episode is better, too much Ryou time...
Oct 18, 2013 9:48 AM

Apr 2008
I already wrote my opinion on this in the comment section of Kyou's episode, so I'll be short here. Preference-wise it's Kyou>Tomoyo for me, but as far as the actual OVAs go, it's Tomoyo OVA>Kyou OVA.

I'm not really into visual novels, but I guess I have no choice but to get this one to see some more Kyou time :3. I hope you can skip Nagisa entirely in the VN...
失われた翼を探して
Oct 18, 2013 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
dareck said:
I already wrote my opinion on this in the comment section of Kyou's episode, so I'll be short here. Preference-wise it's Kyou>Tomoyo for me, but as far as the actual OVAs go, it's Tomoyo OVA>Kyou OVA.

I'm not really into visual novels, but I guess I have no choice but to get this one to see some more Kyou time :3. I hope you can skip Nagisa entirely in the VN...

Yeah, you can :) just ignore her a couple times
Oct 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
Tomoyo all the way. I thought her story was better too. Kyou's had too much Ryou in it. Although, both made me depressed af, even though they were both happy endings. Although, Kyou's chapter had a kiss...
Nov 6, 2013 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
Tomoyo >>>> Kyou, but Kyou's chapter is actually better (albeit marginally). Looks like that is a minority opinion.

People argue that it had too much Ryou in it, but that is exactly WHY it's better. Not only does the love triangle aspect give it an extra dimension, but it shows Kyou in a state of weakness - something rarely seen out of her otherwise. Plus that scene where Ryou offered to change herself for Tomoya hit pretty hard.

Anyway, both OVAs are great. The Tomoyo chapter made me cry and this one didn't, so it's still pretty damn close.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 29, 2013 5:53 PM

Apr 2011
I prefer Kyou, But Tomoyo's chapter is just as good.
Dec 30, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
Vinter said:
It was less Kyou x Tomoya and more the events leading up to it. While the Tomoyo OVA was Tomoyo x Tomoya from the very start.

I would have liked to see more of the actual relationship, is what I'm trying to say.

Pyr0 said:
Kyou is my favorite character and I was expecting a lot from her chapter, but I'll have to admit that Tomoyo's chapter was better.

Tomoyo's chapter was actually better than I expected, the ending was very much to my liking, it was very touching :) The episode truly had what it was supposed to have: a good story of Tomoya and Tomoyo :)

As for Kyou's chapter, I was slightly disappointed. The let down was even bigger because Kyou is my favorite. I already pretty much knew it would be like this, but the focus was still too much on Ryou, I wanted more Tomoya x Kyou :<
The ending part should have been longer and deeper, now it ended up quite awkward and rushed.

Both of the special episodes would've deserved a 2-4 episodes long OVA. I gave Tomoyo's arc 9/10 and Kyou's arc 8/10.

I agree completely with both these reviews. Kyou was my favorite hands down but her chapter kind of left me yelling at my screen. I hated how she cut her hair though it was a good trick, I just cant see her without the long hair.
On the other hand the Tomoyo chapter was a beautiful story that ended amazingly but I never really connected with Tomoyo like I did with Kyou.
Dec 30, 2013 11:01 PM
Jul 2013
AkaNoYasha said:

I doubt it's ever going to happen though since her route was mostly covered in season one (I've finished her route in the Clannad VN) but i would love to see it if it ever happens (since she's my fave girl)
"Vanish into the embrace of dark flames!"
Sep 19, 2014 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
I like Kyou's better, because she's my favorite girl, lol.
But Tomoyo's chapter is also nice.
Nov 6, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
I liked Tomoyo's chapter better by far. Kyou's chapter left a bad taste in my mouth.
Nov 21, 2014 2:00 AM

Nov 2014

i would say kyou's ova was better,because tomoyo in her ova seemed that she's not her at all,that's not the tomoyo that we know in the anime,second,there's no chemistry between tomoya and tomoyo,i suggest sunohara to ship him tomoyo,if they are couple it would be very cute..
Iri-SaberJan 21, 2015 6:44 PM
Dec 31, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2014
Tomoyo's OVA was waaay intensive. It was more emotional. Well, for me atleast, because I actually saw myself in Okazaki in this episode. The way they broke up and then reunited was beautiful. ^_^

I freakin' love Kyou, but this chapter made me mad. I just hate the thought of cheating on Ryou. Leaving her for Kyou was sickening. Especially because they are twins. Anyway, I'm a guy, so I'm a rookie on romance seas, people probably liked this better because of the complication.
Jan 6, 2015 5:52 AM

Aug 2014
Tennouji_ said:
RyderJones said:

That won't happen. If you want to see Tomoya X Kotomi development, get the Visual Novel.

I really recommend doing so ^.^ it's better than Tomoyo and Kyou and Nagisa together, but there is not so much new things in VN in any route. They put almost everything from every route of VN into anime :(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 9, 2015 4:16 AM

Jan 2014
Jun 10, 2015 11:39 AM
Aug 2014
I personally like both chapters, but have to side with Kyou.

1) Because I personally like her more.

2) Because I feel, out of all the girls Tomoya interacts with, Tomoyo is the least suited/compatible with him if you think practically for the long-term. She's a world-changer, Tomoya is paint as being content with a very simple life. Even though she gives up her dream for him (which is very touching).....that doesn't leave her personality. She will be restless as the years go by and it will strain on them. All this to say, Kyou melds much more with Tomoya and they would better each other's lives more without sacrifice of who they are/their drives.
Jun 17, 2015 1:11 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Although I like Kyou more, I prefer the special between Tomoya and Tomoyo.
Felt like this special was bland as I have already experienced something similar in the anime. Idk, I felt like this special was forced and there wasn't really any character development. The awkward love triangle bothers me.
Tomoyo's on the other hand, left a bigger impact on me and I think the two main characters as well.
Aug 20, 2015 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
Vinter said:

I would have liked to see more of the actual relationship, is what I&#039;m trying to say.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 24, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2015
can't decide. I guess I like Tomoyo more, but this OVA really made a roller coaster in my head.
Idk how, but... ugh... Clannad really made a mess of me. :/
Feb 5, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
Tomoyo's arc was better (and so is Tomoyo after) but I still like Kyou the most as a character out of all heroines. She has this 'girl next door' feel and she's also the best girl to have by your side.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad: Another World, Kyou Chapter Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ternalnodorei - Jun 30, 2009

420 by dbzakj »»
Feb 24, 9:33 PM

» Where can you watch this

jschwag - Oct 19, 2021

9 by ReeceOliverr »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:22 AM

» is Nagisa doesn't

veeny9 - Jul 9, 2021

4 by MuZe- »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 AM

» Question

CriminalGenius - Sep 18, 2020

0 by CriminalGenius »»
Sep 18, 2020 9:29 AM

» after story?

tthammy - Oct 10, 2010

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.