Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2011 1:51 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
these animators suck, even with the manga as a reference and the dialogue as a guide they have no idea how to create an impact at the most important scenes :/
and what's worse, they seem to actually go out of their way to kill the mood of the play by constantly showing the lighting, altering the viewpoint in failed attempts to create visual drama, and altering key scenes in ways that are detrimental to the plot. Did these people even glance at the manga or did they just read a synopsis written by someone who didn't give damn? :/
May 21, 2011 1:18 PM

Sep 2008
I haven't read the manga so I don't have a point of comparison... but I thought this episode was still quite well done. I enjoyed it! I was a little disappointed that Orgeld - Ayumi's character - did end up being the "star" of the play, but in a way, maybe it was partially Maya's way of playing Aldis -- and letting her "sister" shine.

Next episode looks interesting... I'm really not sure what I think of Maya being paired with Hayami. :|'' The age gap just seems so huge...
May 21, 2011 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
I think I remember he's 11 years older? Not really that strange, especially in other cultures.
Aug 11, 2017 5:38 PM
Aug 2014
Wait. There's a parliament? Then it doesn't really matter all that much who the Queen is does it.

Thought the scenes were quite good, but the play itself doesn't make too much sense.
Nov 12, 2017 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
ugh ayumi this ayumi that i swear if they had both started as nobodies this wouldve been completely different..
Feb 1, 2018 8:39 AM

Jan 2016
I was on the edge of my seat watching this play. It felt real to me. The story was engaging. I love that the play took 2 episodes. It has shown how much both characters have grown and Ayumi first time embodying a character. That's the reason I believe she became the star of the show. But Maya was beautiful and did her part as well.

I really love this episode and this anime. It has alot of key parts, things to learn that u can use for everyday life and for it to be a 2005-2006 anime, I believe they have done well executing this story.
Dec 7, 2019 5:08 AM

Oct 2015
Ayumi shone well in this play, or maybe because she had more lines? But nonetheless it's over now and now onto the next play.

Ayumi is leading in the Scarlet role though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 20, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2020
This was really great episode, its getting better and better. Last two play itself were so interesting stories to watch. I would love to actually see the anime on the play itself
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 25, 2022 2:16 PM

Oct 2014
Ayumi definitely stole the show there. No questioning it but it's because the character writing of her princess was more dynamic than Maya's. If Maya played that role instead, she will stand out as well. Both actress are good at what they do and I really enjoyed these two acts.
Feb 10, 9:00 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to jacobpaige
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
these animators suck, even with the manga as a reference and the dialogue as a guide they have no idea how to create an impact at the most important scenes :/
and what's worse, they seem to actually go out of their way to kill the mood of the play by constantly showing the lighting, altering the viewpoint in failed attempts to create visual drama, and altering key scenes in ways that are detrimental to the plot. Did these people even glance at the manga or did they just read a synopsis written by someone who didn't give damn? :/
@jacobpaige thank you for saying this, now I'm really curious about the differences to manga

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.