Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2011 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice ep.

Was very surprised when Anna suggested going on the date with Nitori crossdressing.
Mar 10, 2011 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
As the Chiba and Takatsuki mentioned Anna is very understanding and mature i like her personality.
It's also nice of her that she goes on a date with Nitori while he is dressed as a girl, it looked very interesting.

Chiba going to school again is also good to see to there where still allot of things that suggested she still had problems accepting Nitori's relationship with Anna.
Especially how she acted rude to Anna at the Karaoke bar.
It was funny to see how annoyed she was at Chi san calling her in class which was very funny.

Nitori's is getting more confident even asking Anna about a kiss and going into a friendship with a guy that used to bully him.
Even tho that guy is probably just after girls since he saw Nitori with Yuki.
I wonder how that guy got Nitori's number and what he will do in future episodes.
I hope it's nothing bad.
Mar 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Oct 2010
Whow, first time making the topic.
Any way i thought this was a great episode, i saw some similarity to real life in a few of the things that happened. looking forward to the next episode, looks good with Doi seeing Nitori dressed up as a girl, can just imagine Doi ripping it out of him because of that, and Nitori's school life going downhill.
Mar 10, 2011 4:17 PM

Jul 2010
I can't believe Nitori was just going to hang out with that Doi guy because he asked. I know Nitori is the timid sort, but surely he can see that this guy is just using him. Nothing good is going to come of this.

And how many juice refills and bathroom breaks do they need to take when they go out to karaoke? Haha, wow. I wonder how much singing they actually did.
Mar 10, 2011 5:10 PM

Jul 2008
Wow this was a really good episode, perhaps my favorite so far. Anna is a way cooler character than I thought she would be, and I love Takatsuki's new hairstyle.

I am really wondering (and dreading) what will happen with Doi in the future.
Mar 10, 2011 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
Chiba was a little less sickening in this episode.
I don't trust that Doi guy!!
Mar 10, 2011 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
I don't trust Doi at all. Seems like Nitori doesn't fully trust him either.
Mar 10, 2011 8:36 PM

Aug 2010
Hahaha. Doi = typical male. Its obvious what his intentions are. Anna is absolutely awesome and Takatsuki definitely looks better with longer hair!

Chi's antics are always so funny
Mar 10, 2011 10:29 PM

Feb 2011
Um, there's 3 topics about this ep so perhads a mod should do a merger?

Anyway good episode. I'm glad to have an anime where a disagreement doesn't automatically lead to a fight breaking out.

BTW, did anyone get a Paffendorf vibe from Sarashina?
Mar 10, 2011 11:32 PM

Feb 2010
Doi=sketch....

Chi is still sooo full of win!
Mar 11, 2011 12:41 AM

Aug 2009
Best episode to date. It was absolutely stunning.

Doi's definitely up to something, I can feel it. I've got a feeling he's going to hurt Nitori in a way.
Anna is pretty cool and easygoing. I mean, she didn't even freak out when her BOYFRIEND told her he likes to dress up as a girl. Do such women even exist?
I think it's great Anna stood up to Chiba. Chiba seriously has some issues. I get that she's jealous of Anna, but you just can't behave like that.
Oh, and Takatsuki's new hairstyle! <3
Mar 11, 2011 2:11 AM

Jul 2009
Takatsuki dressing up as a boy, yet having long hair.
Nitori dressing up as a girl, yet having short hair.

I see what you did there.

Anyhow, an another lovely episode. Lots of stuff happening I'm really starting to feel anxious about the ending, knowing there's just 3 episodes left...

I lol'd at this:
Mar 11, 2011 2:41 AM
Jul 2009
why didn't he wear the hair, he looked like an obvious trap with his regular hair
Mar 11, 2011 8:39 AM

Jun 2009
Ooh you Anna. That's why she's my favorite girl in this series with Chiba as a close second. I mean, a girlfriend that's really understanding, a model, great style and they really have that good chemistry going between her and Nitori. I enjoy watching them together.

I still don't like Takatsuki.

Doi would pretty much fulfill his role, to piss the shit out of me. Such an annoying character.
-QuasarMar 11, 2011 3:21 PM
Mar 11, 2011 8:56 AM

Jul 2009
STM said:
Best episode to date. It was absolutely stunning.

Doi's definitely up to something, I can feel it. I've got a feeling he's going to hurt Nitori in a way.
Anna is pretty cool and easygoing. I mean, she didn't even freak out when her BOYFRIEND told her he likes to dress up as a girl. Do such women even exist?
I think it's great Anna stood up to Chiba. Chiba seriously has some issues. I get that she's jealous of Anna, but you just can't behave like that.
Oh, and Takatsuki's new hairstyle! <3

Everything here.
I love character development.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 11, 2011 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
No matter how much you pray for Doi to not drop the bomb it's sure as fuck he's going to.
Mar 11, 2011 10:44 AM

Mar 2010
Why do i think that the new boy will find out that Nitori cosdresses..?

and Takatsuki's new hair is so nice :P
Mar 11, 2011 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
this last episode was just crazy.

it had drama all over and, believe i dont like doi, we all know that first, shuu isnt used to hang out with regular boys. its hard to hang out with them when you're not the type of skirt chasing guy. Doi probably is one, and his intentions arent any nice.

on the other hand, everyone is split now, nothing good comes from splitting friends. even if its normal, somehow the feeling gets colder and colder. at least they're on the same school.

ah, but the karaoke part, THAT was the strongest part of the episode so far. anna is really understanding, mature, such a nice person. she is alright with most things, she doesnt sees problems if there isnt a real need to.

our little ice queen saori is the same way as always, which is pure love. and takatsuki new hairstyle is just even more love.

just wish nitori could get a bit more courage. we all know and feel its hard being him... but, just a bit more of strength, he will be in need of it soon.
Mar 11, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
STM said:
Agreed.
Anna is one hell of an amazing character.
So glad that Nitori isn't sissy or else i would have disliked him.
imo, after Anna he must be best character in the show.
Sarashina gets too less of screen time:'(
Mar 11, 2011 2:27 PM

Nov 2009
I'll agree with Quaser; Anna is an awesome character.

The last few scenes were a little awkward. XD Of course, that caused much entertainment to be had. Was wondering what the hell he would say to that conversation of a love square; "Lets all sing together."

Think this might of been the best episode.
Mar 11, 2011 4:35 PM

Sep 2008
Geh, Nitori needs a wig in order to look remotely good as a girl.
Chizuru is great as always though; I love how she changes her style regularly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2011 7:49 AM

May 2010
Great ep. It answered my doubts from the previous ep.
It so rare to find girls who accept for who you are but it doesn't seem right if she looks at you like a little sister :/
But still, she's awesome for a GF :)
And the karaoke room scene is just hilarious. This is one of the complex harems I've even seen and loved it. :D
Doi's intention is obvious and judging on the preview, something interesting is going to happen with him.
Also, Chi definitely made me laughed again. lol
Mar 12, 2011 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE TAKATSUKI.
I mean, I love how there's anna and everything, but I just really wish Nitori and Takatsuki would be together..knowing that there are 3 episodes left...I'm so impatient!! rofl

Takatsuki is being very distant (is) with Nitori because...well...he's with Anna and everything...but...the two of them would be the most adorable couple in the whole planet!

Takatsuki looked wonderful in that tie, rofl...something tells me that she just might bring out that boy's uniform and wear it to school...idk..it just seems like she's slowly getting more and more confident.

Also, Doi = trouble.
I can just feel it. Poor Nitori, he better prepare himself for what's going to happen to him, because I can just feel (and it's quite obvious) that Doi is going to screw up his life...again.
Mar 12, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
Jeez sometimes I think Anna is more compatible with Nitori than Takatsuki. Seriously Nitori needs to OPEN HIS EYES.
Mar 12, 2011 11:13 AM

Nov 2010
I could just meh at this episode because of that new character and the drama that is going on between the 4...
Mar 12, 2011 3:18 PM

Jan 2011
Saori was awesome as usual, I laughed when she wanted Anna to order a beer. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes now that Doi was introduced.
Mar 12, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
I like Anna, but I really have no idea why she's dating Nitori. I mean "little sister"?
And the thought of kissing Anna never entered Nitori's brain?
Guess their relationship will not last long.

The Karaoke scene was awesome, with raging hormones all over the place lol.
Mar 12, 2011 8:30 PM

Oct 2010
Something's very fishy about Doi and I don't like it! Don't know how long everything will be delayed or not but I can wait.
Mar 12, 2011 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
Doi is suspicious :/

Takatsuki looked nice this episode with the slightly longer Tom-boyish hair and clothing.
Anna shocked me a little when she asked Nitori for a date with him cross-dressed.

And holy crap, next episode preview showed Doi and Cross-dressed Nitori meeting each other O_O Now that'll be interesting.

Perfect episode to watch right after I watched Fractale. This episode's beginning put a big smile on my face :D

On another thought... is it possible that Doi likes Nitori O.o? Just throwing that out there before we get utterly shocked with something completely unexpected. (Because I've only read Vol.1 of the manga)

At first this show felt a little awkward to me, actually... REALLY awkward. But now I think I've grown into the weird Girl wanting to be Boy/Boy wanting to be Girl thing and I think this is one of the best animes this season. This, including "Fractale" and "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica" of course =D
Mar 13, 2011 5:20 AM

Mar 2011
From watching this episode and the previous episode 7, I'm sorta' finding Yoshino and Chiba's relationship with each other, rather cute.

I'm not really liking Anna and Shuichi as a couple. Not just yet anyway.

Looking forward to the next episode. But just three more episodes to go now. :(
Mar 13, 2011 5:06 PM
Dec 2010
This episode was great! 5/5

Anna and Nitori
Anna is my favorite character, I hope she and Nitori continue dating!

Takatsuki and Chiba
I like Takatsuki and Chiba together, I think they like each other, well Takatsuki let her hair long because Chiba said she likes boys wiht long hairs so, they should definitely dating, would be cool!

~Let's all sing together~
Mar 15, 2011 1:59 PM

Feb 2009
I just love Hourou Musuko. It's funny, relaxing, beautifully directed, intriguing and downright awkward at times - all of these in the same pack. To make the strangest comparison ever, it's like a more slice of life-ish FLCL.

Also, someone please give Chiba-san a beer.
Urufuzu_reinMar 15, 2011 2:05 PM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Mar 16, 2011 12:23 AM

Dec 2009
This may be the first time i noticed how slow paced the narrative is in this show, but everything seems to flow by so naturally, like real life

besides that, nice to see Nitori in drag again looked pretty good, although not having a wig made it a little unbelievable

I love Takatsuchi's longer hair, great look too

That Doi guy is making me feel suspicious, he's definitely up to something
Love & Piece

Mar 16, 2011 6:49 PM

Jul 2007
Why is this show so god damn awesome? Can you say best Winter show hands down!
Mar 17, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
It started off rather disconnected, but I'm really liking Anna more and more as a character. It seems like it's climaxing now, and I fear that it's only going downhill in terms of it all. I can't imagine anything but Nitori and Takatsuki in the end, if at all.
Mar 17, 2011 6:01 AM

Jan 2011
Nitori does not deserve Anna. Simple as that. People would kill for such an awesome gf and hes acting like hes not physically attracted to her AT all. Neither is he bothered that she isnt either. WTF?! He HAS to get a grip soon or I cant see how Anna will stay intrested in him.

Then again, who can understand women?
Mar 17, 2011 4:23 PM

Feb 2011
skullking123 said:
Why is this show so god damn awesome? Can you say best Winter show hands down!

This. Can't believe how it's just filled to the brim with all these subtleties!

And some people might call it a drama, but right now it's the opposite! Every scene that could escalate (such as the 2 girls that like Nitori meeting his gf) end up being really cute and calm. These girls produce less drama than the real life ones ;) and yet somehow this is entertaining. As for Anna (also my fav girl eventhough I think Nitori will end up with Takatsuki, who I like as well), she's obviously just taking things slow with Nitori. I was worried about the "little sister" comment but then in the scene right after that it became pretty clear that she is serious about the relationship. And eventhough you can hate on Nitori for being so passive in the relationship, the fact that he even asked her out is proof he's got more balls than 99% of all male main characters. Finally a show that isn't afraid to explore relationships!

I liked Aoi Hana a lot but this blows it out of the water.
bakuhatsuMar 17, 2011 4:38 PM
Mar 25, 2011 1:26 PM

Jun 2009
How wonderful this episode was. I can’t describe how happy it made me. The karaoke was beyond perfect.

Takatsuki with slightly longer hair is superb <333 She looks more boy-ish, somehow.

Awww, they’re in different classes now. Why? I wanted them to be always together, even though I know they would get separated at some point.

Anna is the most awesomely incredible wonderful amazing fantastic girlfriend ever, really. Will there ever be such a girl in this world? I doubt anyone else would be as accepting, understanding and mature as she is. C’mon, someone “normal” would be beyond disgusted if they knew their boyfriend likes to cross-dress, much less ask them out on a date doing such activity.
Nitori fits perfectly with her, so to not care about Maho’s constant cruel comments towards him. And talking about her, she sure was huffy because Seiya doesn’t address her by her first name.

Doi’s going to do a mess later. We all know it.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 29, 2011 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
This was a really good episode.
May 19, 2011 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
Really wanted Anna to kiss him!
Jan 4, 2012 7:39 PM

May 2009
Nitori doesn't look that girly without his wig.
Anna is an amazing character and I don't like Doi. I feel happy now because Takatsuki and Chiba are getting along.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Mar 29, 2012 6:04 PM

May 2008
Ugh. This anime is just not for me. I like Anna and Chiba though. Also Takatsuki with the semi-long hair.
Nov 19, 2012 2:03 PM

May 2012
Quite nice going actually, she knew and didn't mind at all +1! The last part in the karaoke was quite interesting to watch!
Aug 15, 2013 2:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow Anna is so awesome. I mean I knew she knew that Nitori likes to cross dress, but wasn't expecting her to suggest for him to cross dress for their next date. I love how she puts lip gloss on him too, and when he asked about kissing, she was just like yeah I do, but if you haven't thought of it, let's leave that for later. Most understanding girlfriend ever.

I'm also glad that Chiba and Takatsuki are good friends now, especially how Chiba told Takatsuki that she likes her hair longer. That was kind of awkward though, in the karaoke room, Anna and Chiba don't clash very well, but at the same time, they're kind of just like whatever about it all. I love the character interactions in this anime, it's just so diverse.

Lastly, that Doi guy...I can't believe he touched/held Nitori's hand like that, that's kind of weird. And even his friend said, "Doi is rotten to the core, but he can be nice sometimes." o_o
Sep 8, 2013 6:49 PM
Aug 2012
what the hell, i hate chiba. she DOES have an attitude problem. telling anna over and over again to order her a beer. you are SO COOL chiba
Jun 2, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
Nitori surprises me in more ways than one.

And I think I'm in love with Anna *_*
Jun 26, 2014 2:51 AM

Nov 2011
What escapes me is the scene with Takatsuki with short hair, when it is temporally place?
Plot in evolution, I do not like that guy, I foresee trouble, addictive!
Nice narration, the characters are interesting and have a nice characterization.
Outstanding graphic and technical sector.
Jun 29, 2015 7:17 AM

Sep 2013
I keep imagining Hijikata when Saisho sensei comes on ><
Aug 18, 2015 9:52 PM

Jul 2012
I love Anna, she is just super

And still, I want to know more and more about Chiba
Mar 11, 2016 11:41 PM

Oct 2013
Well that was... something. The atmosphere of awkward was strong with this episode.

Anna is such a sweet girlfriend. Nitori is lucky; not many women would be okay with their boyfriends cross-dressing!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 20, 2011

88 by redheadbros »»
May 22, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

260 by redheadbros »»
May 22, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 17, 2011

56 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hannah_Ana - Jan 27, 2011

88 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 31, 2011

134 by Baskarite »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.