Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2011 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
Sith_Vicious said:
Is there a meaning to the Kyoko's line when she is falling and asks God for a last happy dream ?
Right after she said it, the whole world gets upside down, Homura shows up, and Kyosuke appears too. There might be no connections however, we are used to see Homura coming at the best moment within a fight, but still, when I saw this I felt this had an important meaning.

You see Sayaka-witch (Octavia) slice into the floor, it starts to turn blue, and than they start to fall. It's mentioned somewhere on the puella-wiki, that the deeper you get into the witches labyrinth, the closer you'll get to the nature of the witch, with less elements of reality. Sayaka's outfit and soulgem were blue, it's probably the heart of her labyrinth.
I'm not sure if Kyouko got her last happy dream.
But after rewatching ep 7 I noticed that the thing in her hairband was her fathers amulet. Maybe it was a way to use her special ability: to get through to Sayaka?
Mar 6, 2011 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
BrickBreak said:
Also, this is baffling me.
When Kyoko tries to "heat up" Sayaka's body, nothing happens.
But earlier, when Homura shows her Soul Gem to Madoka, her body actually glows.
Two theories: either Homura has some sort of new special power, or (bleh option) Sayaka's body was simply still warm.
I concur, checked out your theory and it is true. The body glows.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 6, 2011 3:15 AM

Feb 2010
"When you're ready to die for the universe, call me. I'll be waiting."

<3
Mar 6, 2011 3:15 AM

Jul 2010
zenshiki said:
Oh I forgot to add this, 4 ways to kill Kyubey

Ha, ha, ha.., it's a waste for me

Mar 6, 2011 3:38 AM

Sep 2010
QB = pure evil, but from his point of view it all makes total sense (for him its noting special, ye 6 bil ppl on eath, who the fack cares about a few girls right?).

and sad day that kyoko is gone now, not too suprising though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2011 5:06 AM

Dec 2007
Haven't posted in awhile but I'm really going to miss Kyoko she was one of my favorites right off the bat, though I had a feeling she was going to die in this episode. I wasn't really expecting Kyoko to die while taking Sayaka with her but it definitely made it more emotional. Since its only episode 10 coming up next I don't really think we'll see Madoka become a Puella but with this Anime I suppose anything is possible.
Mar 6, 2011 5:11 AM

Jul 2010
It's a royal rumble match, where kyuubi's the referee and cheating by the wat!

*** DIE Kyuubi DIE ***
***** Bastard F *****
Mar 6, 2011 8:24 AM

Jul 2010
Madoka Magica Passes Haruhi as 2channel's Most Popular Anime Ever

http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2011/03/madoka-magica-passes-haruhi-as.html

definitely "as expected"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 6, 2011 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
OShoranO said:
I don't get it. Why all the hate? Kyubey's explaniation of why he uses mahou shoujo's makes complete sense. What is the life of a single personin 7 billion if its for the benefit for the prolonged exiseince of the universe? Useful energy won't last forever and here he is giving a method in which to fix this issue, and yet still all the hate? U all mad?

I don't think we hate because he (and his people) decided a few lives are a worthy sacrifice, we hate because he shows up and is like "you want your wishes to come true? all you have to do is fight witches!" and decides to leave out the part where you ARE gonna be a sacrifice, i mean he told Madoka, what would be so hard about telling all of them? i probably wouldn't hate Kyubey if he was honest about the terms of the deal
Mar 6, 2011 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
BrickBreak said:
Also, this is baffling me.
When Kyoko tries to "heat up" Sayaka's body, nothing happens.
But earlier, when Homura shows her Soul Gem to Madoka, her body actually glows.
Two theories: either Homura has some sort of new special power, or (bleh option) Sayaka's body was simply still warm.
I concur, checked out your theory and it is true. The body glows.

If Sayaka's body glowed, wouldn't it be blue?
I think it's Homura's soulgem.

ShadowGilgamesh said:
OShoranO said:

I don't think we hate because he (and his people) decided a few lives are a worthy sacrifice, we hate because he shows up and is like "you want your wishes to come true? all you have to do is fight witches!" and decides to leave out the part where you ARE gonna be a sacrifice, i mean he told Madoka, what would be so hard about telling all of them? i probably wouldn't hate Kyubey if he was honest about the terms of the deal

Maybe QB tried spelling out the deal at first, but let's face it: how many teenage girls would be willing to do that?

But
. Earth being the only planet to pay the prize for the survival of the universe doesn't seem like a balanced deal.
If he can reproduce himself, why not reproduce human girls and put them through the emotional rollercoaster.
. We're not talking about 1 single girl.
During the short time we've followed Madoka, we've seen 4 magical girls and several witches, and that's only Madoka's part of town. Kyouko came from another town, where Mami was well-known among the MG's there. So it probably happens in every town, perhaps already decades or longer.
On top of that there are the people getting kissed by witches.
Mar 6, 2011 2:43 PM

Dec 2010
cleo said:

If Sayaka's body glowed, wouldn't it be blue?
I think it's Homura's soulgem.

Yes, it should have been blue, and that is why I'm so curious.
It happened when Homura showed her Soul Gem, but the glow is coming from Sayaka's body, if you look at the scene.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 6, 2011 4:50 PM

Apr 2009
cleo said:
If he can reproduce himself, why not reproduce human girls and put them through the emotional rollercoaster.

I doubt he's able to clone a human with his/her soul. If he was, it would all be very simple - clone a given person how many times you want, and then drain the souls of the clones how much you like. Since he doesn't do that, he obviously is unable to clone a human with the soul, or maybe not at all.

There is no mention about Kyubey actually reproducing himself, it's only said that he has spares. Personally, I don't think that the planet from where Kyubey originates is populated primarily by Kyubey's race. I predict that that planet's main society is some other race, who created Kyubey and alike specifically for the task of collecting energy on Earth. So it's only natural for them to create spares for their creations.

On top of that, I think that since Kyubey cannot feel emotions, he's soulless. It's relatively easy to duplicate mattery, but it's almost impossible to duplicate soul. It kind of doesn't flow, though, since Soul Gem is essentially a soul in a material form, so as a mattery, it should be possible to duplicate... or maybe it's not really a mattery? Oh well, I'm getting to the point where I forget that this is not reality, nor even hard SF...

Anyway, he's apparently not able to duplicate humans.
BalibuliMar 7, 2011 8:04 AM
Mar 7, 2011 12:00 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was quite informative and we got to see how it reflects back to the very beginning of the show with the scene of Madoka watching Homura get beaten by some huge creature which we now know is a witch. I actually like that this show is twisted and dark and cruel. I probably would have dropped it if it turned out to be your typical magical girl show.

I laughed during the scene with Kyubey explaining things to Madoka because as messed up as it was it was just the truth cut and dry no sweetener. That's why I don't like Madoka's character type. I prefer characters like Kyubey or Homura when she's not feeling emotional >.>

All of this has been somewhat of a mindfuck because I certainly didn't see them eventually turning into witches and being used for their energy coming. One of the best shows this season in my opinion.
Mar 7, 2011 12:45 AM

Nov 2010
cleo said:
Yumekichi11 said:
BrickBreak said:

But
. Earth being the only planet to pay the prize for the survival of the universe doesn't seem like a balanced deal.
Earth have the most emotionally superior creatures, why waste your time on other planets if you'll get little results?

He's not made of magic, I'm sure they would of if they could. sounds alot easier.

On top of that there are the people getting kissed by witches.
People need to be kissed by witches because then there would me no valid reason for there to be Magical Girls... because if the witches just hang around and do nothing, who would want to???
Mar 7, 2011 4:56 AM

Aug 2009
Kyuubee seriously reminds me of Dungbeetle in Bokurano.
No doubt about it, they both doing the same thing through different styles.
Mar 7, 2011 8:08 AM

Sep 2010
AmberFebruary said:
Madoka Magica Passes Haruhi as 2channel's Most Popular Anime Ever

http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2011/03/madoka-magica-passes-haruhi-as.html

definitely "as expected"

oh yaaay ;o;

Mar 7, 2011 11:22 AM

May 2009
Madoka needs to grow a friggin' spine. How much more evidence does that girl need to realize that it's VERY unwise to contract with Kyubey? She's seen three people who got themselves involved with him die in the most gruesome ways imaginable, she got saved by them on at least four different occasions, usually at the cost of their own lives. If anything, I'd say Madoka is enormously ungrateful for only now doubting Kyubey's words.

Anyway, Kyubey turned out to be one skillful manipulator. He tricked Kyouko into claiming he didn't know that Witches can't be transformed back into humans and sent her to her death, leaving Homura to fend for herself when Walpurgis Night comes. And I bet he will again try and sweet-talk Madoka into contracting with him when she sees Homura in distress (just like the vision she saw in her dream). And unless someone steps up and helps Homura out, chances are that Madoka will fall for Kyubey's trickery.

And why is he doing all this? To prevent heat death of the universe, which he sees as a noble cause, but comes at a huge price for mankind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2011 11:28 AM

Nov 2010
About the only thing redeeming about Madoka is her guts not to give into QB's temptation, despite the pain and suffering we've seen in the last 9 episodes, the situations attempting to force her to submit to QB's will.
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 7, 2011 11:44 AM
Jul 2009
I wonder when it was it became obvious Q had no sign of good intention, everything it said this time weather its true or not might as well been bs. I don't belive its doing this for the universe at all, he can't prove that, but to think of girl's emotions as energy source, can I step on any doll made of Q. I think the beings from wence Q came from want to use the energy themselves, rather they found the awsome energy of these girls and decided to take of it themselves.
Sayaka could be changed back if that boy perhaps came to realise what it was she did for him, and professed his love for her act. But it would have to be up to the boy himself to do it. It would be more empithetic to see the boy she liked come to rescue her himself. But he's never going to do that is he, quite a sad ignorent fool I think. But it would be interesting to know what would happen if a guy was able to interfere in this. Does not this call for a knight and chivalry. I'm sorry if that's corny but at the end of watching this I have that idea on my head from other stories.
Mar 7, 2011 12:19 PM

Dec 2009
May any one of you, young girls, pass a contract with that kind Kyubey and wish for the forums databases to be synchronized again ?

Mar 7, 2011 7:59 PM
Dec 2007
sidewaysviews said:
Actually, Kyouko's self-sacrifice was also inspired by knightly heroism and chivalry. In the end, realizing not even Madoka could reach her, and knowing even she was to become this black cursed being she decided to end it all and die with pure intentions accompanying Sayaka to whichever place lies after death. So, even after all the self-proclaimed selfish nature, Kyouko was as much a believer in justice and heroic sacrifice as Sayaka herself.

Mar 7, 2011 11:24 PM

Nov 2009
Wow definitely not a happy ending for this series...
I'm still waiting for Madoka to get powers ):<
Mar 8, 2011 2:32 AM

Nov 2007
BrickBreak said:
It happened when Homura showed her Soul Gem, but the glow is coming from Sayaka's body, if you look at the scene.

It looks more like the glow is behind Sayaka's body, and Homura is standing somewhat behind Kyouko.
http://img651.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img651/340/shot0033s.png&via=mupload

*If he can reproduce himself, why not reproduce human girls and put them through the emotional rollercoaster.*
kFYatek said:
I double he's able to clone a human with his/her soul. If he was, it would all be very simple - clone a given person how many times you want, and then drain the souls of the clones how much you like. Since he doesn't do that, he obviously is unable to clone a human with the soul, or maybe not at all.

paperbomb said:

He's not made of magic, I'm sure they would of if they could. sounds alot easier.

We don't know that. They might think that using gullible young girls is a lot easier. Remember him aiming for them at hospitals and car crashes?
Sure, Madoka needs a lot of effort. The other girls: none whatsoever.

paperbomb said:
*On top of that there are the people getting kissed by witches.*
People need to be kissed by witches because then there would me no valid reason for there to be Magical Girls... because if the witches just hang around and do nothing, who would want to???

Yeah I know witches do what they have to do.
My point was that we're not merely talking about the lifes a couple of girls, but that there are a lot more human lifes involved.

kFYatek said:
There is no mention about Kyubey actually reproducing himself, it's only said that he has spares. Personally, I don't think that the planet from where Kyubey originates is populated primarily by Kyubey's race. I predict that that planet's main society is some other race, who created Kyubey and alike specifically for the task of collecting energy on Earth. So it's only natural for them to create spares for their creations.

That's probable. You're right, it's hard to determine QB's reproduction when one moment he speaks of 'me' ("that's the 2nd time you've killed me"), the next moment of 'us'. Maybe each town has a QB, capable of respawning himself countless times? If he has several lives, that would explain his "save me!" in ep 1.
(knowing what we know now, that bordered on lying, btw.)

More room to speculate because of scans from Animedia
Mar 8, 2011 4:47 AM

Jun 2008
kFYatek said:

Ether that or his race has a collective mind. If they all share the same mind then their bodies are irrelevant since all of them are the same entity. So when one dies another one takes his place very simply because it still has the memories and experience of the other since they have the same collective mind. A little like the Borg for Star Trek in a way. WE ARE KYUBEY, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. ALL LOLIS WILL MAKE CONTRACTS WITH US.
Mar 8, 2011 6:05 AM

Dec 2010
cleo said:
BrickBreak said:

It looks more like the glow is behind Sayaka's body, and Homura is standing somewhat behind Kyouko.
http://img651.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img651/340/shot0033s.png&via=mupload

That's just the angle from that camera. She's actually standing on her right (from Madoka's point of view), which you can see in later (and previous) scenes.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

Mar 8, 2011 8:38 AM
Feb 2009
basically leon-gun n AO968 had spoken my thou n i have nothing dicuss about this ep

anyway, with all respect, i bit farewell to kyoko, one of the most awesome character in madoka magica
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 8, 2011 4:39 PM
Jun 2010
MadoSaya pics

Mar 8, 2011 8:11 PM

Dec 2010
Ronimxus said:
MadoSaya pics

Well, Hitomi would laugh endlessly if she saw that.

Mar 8, 2011 8:34 PM

Oct 2008
Sith_Vicious said:
May any one of you, young girls, pass a contract with that kind Kyubey and wish for the forums databases to be synchronized again ?

I know this is the wrong place to reply, but I have to agree with you. Posts not appearing for hours is rather annoying. I thought it was a short-term bug, but its been like this for months now.

Back to Madoka...
Ep 10 will involve Homura perishing bravely.
Ep 11 will involve Madoka putting up a good fight, but dying tragically.
Ep 12 will involve a nice cruise ship sailing on serene waters, with the full majestic beauty of nature in full view.
After a few weeks, we will get the real Ep 12...
Mar 9, 2011 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
BrickBreak said:

That's just the angle from that camera. She's actually standing on her right (from Madoka's point of view), which you can see in later (and previous) scenes.

Well it looks like.... Oh, nevermind, I give up.
I can't think of any good reason for Sayaka's body to glow purple.
I don't Homura would use her magic on Sayaka's dead body.
Unless':

I've been defending that Mami's soulgem was eaten by Charlotte, and Homura picked up her griefseed - which was clear earlier in that scene. But in the pic it looks like a mix of charlotte's griefseed and Mami's soulgem. The sunset plays it's part as well.
I don't know what to think anymore. It could be a (huge) animation error, or we might see Mami in Sayaka's body?

Omniknight said:

Back to Madoka...

That doesn't fit the "Please first just watch episode 10. You'll see Homura in a much better light." I think it's Homustory time.
Mar 9, 2011 5:35 AM

Dec 2010
cleo said:
BrickBreak said:

Well it looks like.... Oh, nevermind, I give up.
I can't think of any good reason for Sayaka's body to glow purple.
I don't Homura would use her magic on Sayaka's dead body.

Yeah... that's exactly it. I can't think of a good reason for that glow, either.
But if it is some sort of power Homura has, I don't think she's aware of it yet. She had no reaction to that glow (in fact, no one did), and as it was shown to us in a quick flash, I guess the producers wanted to tell us exactly that.

Alternatively... it might be that Sayaka's body was still "hot", and was cold by the time Kyoko got to her hotel room. Maybe Soul Gems (in this case, any) react to bodies without a soul...

cleo said:

Unless':

I've been defending that Mami's soulgem was eaten by Charlotte, and Homura picked up her griefseed - which was clear earlier in that scene. But in the pic it looks like a mix of charlotte's griefseed and Mami's soulgem. The sunset plays it's part as well.
I don't know what to think anymore. It could be a (huge) animation error, or we might see Mami in Sayaka's body?

Hmm... How would Mami and Charlotte's souls be separated, then?
There is only one vessel for the both of them. So, even if that was possible, the only two ways that would work would be:

A- Kill Charlotte for good, leaveing only Mami.
B- Somehow, transferring Mami's soul to Sayaka's body, effectively making her human again.

But I'm honestly not seeing that happen...

cleo said:

Omniknight said:

Back to Madoka...

That doesn't fit the "Please first just watch episode 10. You'll see Homura in a much better light." I think it's Homustory time.

But I think Omni is right. Probably not in ep 10, but in ep 11 or 12.

It's quite simple. Even in the middle of the fight with Walpurgis, she will use every last bit of her strength to keep Madoka from making a contract. She will never allow that, as long as she lives. But he can't beat Walpurgisnacht alone either...

Or alternatively, she might be forced to use too much magic... leading to... another ending, for her.

Mar 9, 2011 10:58 AM
Jan 2010
In the manga, it's shown that Homura only picks up a grief seed.
Mar 9, 2011 11:13 AM
Dec 2010
So Kyuubey's an alien? ...... what the fuck? An adorable alien that rips out girls soul's and then turns them into magical girls, who are then fated to die, that's fucking awesome.
Mar 9, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
endtime said:

But the manga differs from the anime.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 9, 2011 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
I wish my cat was Kyubey.
Mar 9, 2011 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
endtime said:

Yes, but according to Gen the rough sketch of the manga was done before the storyboard. So the manga isn't canon. I'm still inclined to think Mami's soulgem was crunched by Charlotte, and they're just trolling us. But I've been wondering if they can move a soulgem into any body (like a phylactery), so now would be a nice time to find out if that option exists.
Mar 9, 2011 12:59 PM
Dec 2007
RomanaDesu said:
endtime said:

But the manga differs from the anime.
Indeed, people need to get it through their skulls that it's been said A LOT that the anime and the manga share only the general the script but they won't adapt the script the same way. For all we know we might get a different ending in the manga.

Mar 9, 2011 6:24 PM

Feb 2011
I didn't want to lose Kyouko! QB's explaination is definitely out of this world.
Mar 9, 2011 11:33 PM

Jul 2010
Kinzo said:
Hi!
Mar 10, 2011 12:57 AM

Dec 2010
zimno said:
Kinzo said:
Hi!

Lmao!
That made my day xD

Mar 10, 2011 4:39 AM

Nov 2007
zimno said:

OMG, careful what you wish for indeed.

Is anyone here watching Star Driver?
In ep 22...

How likely is it for 2 shows in 1 season to come up with aliens -> entropy?
I can't help but think Urobuchi Gen is trolling us big time!

sidenote: Oktavia's card is up on the Wiki
Oktavia: "The witch of the Mermaid. Her nature is love attachment." d'awww
And Walpurgis Night is the name of a witch instead of the event (or it could be both).
The official site says it's "A gargantuan witch impossible for a single magical girl to handle on her own."

I also noticed this:
sakaMar 11, 2011 6:30 PM
Mar 10, 2011 7:37 AM

Feb 2011
noo kyoko's my fav character
wryyyyyyyyyyyy
;~;
Mar 10, 2011 4:01 PM
Dec 2007
cleo said:
zimno said:

OMG, careful what you wish for indeed.

Is anyone here watching Star Driver?
In ep 22...

How likely is it for 2 shows in 1 season to come up with aliens -> entropy?
I can't help but think Urobuchi Gen is trolling us big time!

sidenote: Oktavia's card is up on the Wiki
Oktavia: "The witch of the Mermaid. Her nature is love attachment." d'awww
And Walpurgis Night is the name of a witch instead of the event (or it could be both).
The official site says it's "A gargantuan witch impossible for a single magical girl to handle on her own."

I also noticed this:
The Star Driver seems like more of a coincidence than anything, besides Star Driver is not exactly an anime with widespread appeal. Also, japanese shows like using elements from religion and science a lot so, I wouldn't make too much noise about something like that.

As for the last part, is there a point you were trying to reach? Cause scientists have, for a long time, used mythology and religion as a source of inspiration when naming astronomical objects. That's why the greeks would call the constellations with the names of mythological creatures or people, for example.
sakaMar 11, 2011 6:31 PM

Mar 10, 2011 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
Not a long post this time.

Although I am not well versed in the section of thermodynamics, I am utterly disappointed in how Kyuubey tires to explain entropy. Entropy is simply the level of disorder of the universe, ie the number of ways the particles in the objects could be arranged in a system and the second law of thermodynamics suggest that the entropy of the universe is increasing. Unless you suggest that the universe is not the internal system by itself.

Through I would like to write a long post about it, but someone have beaten me into it.

http://www.darkmirage.com/2011/03/06/the-physics-of-puella-magi/

PS 1: Anyone remember Gibbs free energy equation and its derivation for the feastiblity of an occurance or reaction?

PS 2 (To anime directors):And for the unpteemth time, time travel is not possible, using lorentz contraction under special relativity. It also defies the second law of thermodynamics as well.

Anime physics, anyone?
nerdyguyMar 10, 2011 11:52 PM
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
Mar 11, 2011 4:31 AM

Sep 2010
Entropy..... reminded me thermodynamics lectures..... :P
Mar 11, 2011 5:02 AM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
The Star Driver seems like more of a coincidence than anything, besides Star Driver is not exactly an anime with widespread appeal. Also, japanese shows like using elements from religion and science a lot so, I wouldn't make too much noise about something like that.

How many anime do you know involving entropy? I highly doubt it's a coincidence.
Whether Star Driver is popular or not has nothing to do with it. If anything, the link of Star Driver with the hottest show in Japan atm will increase interest in SD, so it's a win-win situation.

Leon-Gun said:
As for the last part, is there a point you were trying to reach?
Nope, just an observation. They could've gone with random names, instead they seemingly went with the names of asteroids. Could be a vague hint at Faust, looking for knowledge about the universe. But I know that's farfetched.
cleoMar 11, 2011 5:07 AM
Mar 12, 2011 12:31 AM

Mar 2008
So, we know why QB does contracts. But that whole I can't understand why you get mad since I have no emotions thing was crap.

If he lives in a society he knows what contracts are and knows that not informing the other party of all aspects is harmful.

Also, while it could be said that what happens to the mahou shoujo is fair, the same can't be said to the humans the witches and familiars kill.

Not having emotions doesn't mean he doesn't have self-preservation instincts. And since he has, he can understand how what he does is harmful to the normal humans.

The stuff about entropy was wrong, at least considering the translation. And putting that in the show was a bad move. Now it makes people think of physics and other stuff that have nothing to do with the plot.

They could've just made QB a member of a race from a supenatural world that was dying and needed the energy from the girls. It could also say that after humans evolved and got mental powers or stuff like that, we could live there too and it would be nice if it was still there.

Also, fighting witches is not productive, since many girls die and the ones that doesn't don't become witches soon. They should just dispose of the witches they created and le the girls survive longer, so they could get more energy.

In fact, the witches not only kill other potential girls, but they spawn familiars who do the same... And since homura could kill witches with conventiona weaponry, there is no reason for QB not to do it.
Mar 12, 2011 12:34 AM

Mar 2008
So, we know why QB does contracts. But that whole I can't understand why you get mad since I have no emotions thing was crap.

If he lives in a society he knows what contracts are and knows that not informing the other party of all aspects is harmful.

Also, while it could be said that what happens to the mahou shoujo is fair, the same can't be said to the humans the witches and familiars kill.

Not having emotions doesn't mean he doesn't have self-preservation instincts. And since he has, he can understand how what he does is harmful to the normal humans.

The stuff about entropy was wrong, at least considering the translation. And putting that in the show was a bad move. Now it makes people think of physics and other stuff that have nothing to do with the plot.

They could've just made QB a member of a race from a supenatural world that was dying and needed the energy from the girls. It could also say that after humans evolved and got mental powers or stuff like that, we could live there too and it would be nice if it was still there.

Also, fighting witches is not productive, since many girls die and the ones that doesn't don't become witches soon. They should just dispose of the witches they created and le the girls survive longer, so they could get more energy.

In fact, the witches not only kill other potential girls, but they spawn familiars who do the same... And since homura could kill witches with conventiona weaponry, there is no reason for QB not to do it.
Mar 12, 2011 12:45 AM

Jun 2009
Sad! It really made me so sad..... I like Sayaka as a character... *cries* And Kyoko died too! I never expected this kind of story for mahou shoujo girls?! O.o It's that awesome! Thanks for kuro-kun in persistently making me watch this! hahaha!
Mar 12, 2011 3:52 PM
Dec 2007
m4rc0 said:

Homura still has to use her own powers to circumvent the witches' perception and leave them as sitting ducks. She doesn't just shoot them and hopes for the best.

I think it's obvious QB's race in general are just hiding behind their lack of emotions. You can tell from his words that they only think of humans as mere energy sources. Thinking about it even further, you could even theorize that even the wish that Kyubei gives in exchange is actually merely Kyubei using the potential energy of the Magical Girl in question. It would even help to explain why the wish is linked to the magical girl's latent abilities. It also helps to establish why there are perceived limits to the actual wish that he can grant.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

628 by GuhTheJado »»
May 12, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.