Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Oct 3, 2021 6:00 PM

Sep 2016
Sayaka's reasoning is kinda dumb... What you've experience is NOT that bad. Yes, it's messed up, but there are many other girls like you. Not to mention that just because of the way you are now, doesn't mean you can do stuff like talk to the boy you like or be happy. If you hadn't discovered this detail you'd be living in a blissful ignorance and wouldn't be this concerned about it... Also, pretty f'ed up to talk to Madoka that way. She may not have suffered first hand like you did, but she experienced a LOT of traumatic stuff, and is still suffering nonetheless.

She's the one that's making herself suffer with all of these excuses for doing nothing and driving others away. Cursing others and the world for her own life choices and things that could've been easily be avoided had she just take a stand and did something instead of passively watching.

I LOVE the way this series is portraying the human psyche with all these magical and fantastic elements. How easy it is for someone to blame everyone and everything, slowly tainting their perspective of the society and world they live in. Despair, hate, suicide... The birth of a witch...

Dang, I almost wrote an entire essay.
OgaZoSoOct 3, 2021 6:07 PM
Nov 4, 2021 6:07 AM

Jul 2016
this bitch said she's fighting in madoka's stead, loooool. sure jan. you made that stupid decision yourself, live with it, the fuck? it's not like if you didn't turn into a magical girl, hitomi and madoka wouldn't have been saved. kyouko and homura were there. you did it because you wanted to cure kamijo, for that selfish desire which backfired. what is all this bullying over you ruining your own life?

even though i already knew that homura goes from alternate timeline to timeline for madoka's sake, nothing dulls the reveal. i had a feeling it would be similar to claymore, as in the whole "you defeat them but eventually you become it," twist. is there a second season? it's taken me many years to finally get to this series again after dropping it, but i'm glad i did eventually. (dropped it since it didn't catch my attention while scrolling on crunchyroll that time.) and the reason behind picking it up is due to coming across the second ending, where madoka is running to "magia" (kalafina). it's a pretty powerful pick, i don't skip it because after every amazing episode, i jam tf out.
Nov 15, 2021 11:23 PM

May 2020
And Sayaka has fallen to the Dark Side. And Homura is actually just a really mean and misunderstood Tsundere.

The "Witches are actually Magical Girl" twist could be seen coming from a mile away but what exactly is the Incubator's plan here ? What does an endless feedback loop of magical girls turning into witches and other magical girls killing those witches achieve and then being depressed and turning into witches achieve ? I guess we'll find out.
Dec 30, 2021 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Kuby can't be trust! The climax is here!
I gotta watch the next episode immediately!
I'm TOTALLY finishing this show tonight!
Jan 6, 2022 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
When it all!!! When it all falls down!!
Shaft headtilt.
Sayaka gives the Seed to Kyoko.
Sayaka is weak.
Shaft headtilt.
Homura and Kyoko.
Kyubey.
The curse is coming from within herself?

Sayaka is an idiot. I knew Kyubey was not to be trusted. Also, we've see Sayaka look after Kyosuke and now that he's healed, he ain't look for Sayaka.

Watch date: 5/2020
RobJan 6, 2022 12:09 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 6, 2022 6:51 PM
Jan 2022
im currently at 8 episode but
why do they even bother to work after the wish is grunted like

you sighted up a contract > wish come true > you kinda walking around ignoring witches and your whatever Soul remain clean

what that little cat going to do? fire you? k-word you? well you're gonna die anyway so at least it going to be on your terms

or he's choosing only workaholic girls?

the cat not even THIS organized he's got a job to brainwash more girls into becoming magic girls so there's no real control
KingShark_SHARKJan 6, 2022 6:58 PM
Jan 8, 2022 4:38 AM

Mar 2015
KingShark_SHARK said:
im currently at 8 episode but
why do they even bother to work after the wish is grunted like

you sighted up a contract > wish come true > you kinda walking around ignoring witches and your whatever Soul remain clean

what that little cat going to do? fire you? k-word you? well you're gonna die anyway so at least it going to be on your terms

or he's choosing only workaholic girls?

the cat not even THIS organized he's got a job to brainwash more girls into becoming magic girls so there's no real control

Think it was mentioned in ep2 or sth that MGs passively use magic even to maintain their bodies.
May 28, 2022 10:28 AM

Feb 2021
Sayaka's being a bitch just because she thought becoming a magical girl superhero would solve all the problems in the world and blames everyone else for it. Really?

It's clear to me now that these characters are like empty shells (quite literally) whose purpose is for Madoka to end up making the decision to submit to her own "fate", which is like the big reveal that's being foreshadowed. It just annoys me how her only purpose is to sit back until then and complain about what she's gotten herself into until then
Jun 10, 2022 3:03 PM
Nov 2020
oml how long will madoka stop being so naive jesus she almost carelessly wished to be a magical girl how many times already shes been warned smh
Jul 4, 2022 12:20 PM

May 2020
That little monologue from Kyuubey at the end of the episode got me thinking. The way he says it, it's like magical girls are destined to become witches. And since Madoka is so strong, she would probably be unstoppable as a witch. It's starting to seem like that's Kyuubey's ultimate goal, and that's what Hamura came back to prevent.
Jul 31, 2022 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
Sayaka has been thrown over the edge, and Madoka still wants to become magical to help her. Somehow Homura seems like the sane one in this show.

Homura is confirmed to have Time Magic by Kyubey. Honestly, it was pretty obvious from how many hints they threw at us.

So Hitomi did actually like Kimijou. Colour me baffled. I guess that drama tag wasn't just for show, huh.

Aug 20, 2022 10:58 PM
Apr 2021
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Aug 23, 2022 7:05 AM
Aug 2022
And Sayaka finally reaches her breaking point. Did she kill those douchebags? kinda deserved if so.

Homura's pad is uh interesting, very spartan. And all the clocks, must be a time traveller then right? maybe that dream at the beginning was more a flashback not a flashforward.

And Magical girls become witches? I that makes sense but I thought it was familar-witch, or is there two kinds perhaps? some witches seem more humanoid than others.
Sep 8, 2022 2:18 PM
Aug 2022
What a banger episode. Wow.. The way Sayaka got turned into a witch in the end is one hell of a twist. I love how Homura burst into tears trying to prevent Madoka from becoming a magical girl. It was so interesting seeing her be something outside just seeming cold and emotionless. I think Kyoko and Homura are my favorites so far.
Sep 18, 2022 7:38 AM

Feb 2022
sayaka, "i'm not like the other girls"

oh my never knew sayaka wud go yandere-mode
the story is starting to get depressed now i see why my twitter mutuals recommended this anime haha

edit: GEEZ SAYAKA SOMEBODY JUST GIV HER A HUG BABIEEE
RoyaldkekeodSep 18, 2022 8:00 AM

A "chobit," a technologically advanced persocom rumored to possess true machine intelligence, unlike other persocoms.
Oct 23, 2022 7:25 AM

Sep 2021
Again another great episode. Music is lit and Homura-chan is being awesome.
Dec 23, 2022 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
it was a pretty okayish episode. i liked the emotion the characters show
Jan 1, 2023 7:33 PM

Oct 2022
what was that ending :o
absolutely wonderful. the music, the visuals, everything was right.

Jan 8, 2023 9:03 PM
Aug 2022
puta madre sayaka que mamada hiciste
Jan 15, 2023 3:05 PM
Jan 2023
damn, centuries of damn. This show is really getting good now ngl.
Mar 9, 2023 2:59 AM
Jan 2018
Guess that answers why question why Madoka isn’t a magical girl yet
Jul 21, 2023 10:04 AM
Jul 2023
damn fuck kyubey why madoka and her friends fuck everything even if you wish for yourself will all goes to waste everything will be lost why does no puella magi know that before from others
Sep 12, 2023 11:02 PM
Oct 2019
WTF IS THIS EPISODE??? IT'S DEPRESSING AF!!

Now i understand why the fans called him GEN UROBUTCHER.
Sep 27, 2023 3:11 PM

Feb 2020
little guy is an incubator heheh man lots of shit revealed this episode
seems like the most exciting one so far

too bad for ol sayaka-chan

Oct 30, 2023 9:29 PM
Jun 2015
Things are really starting to unfold.

Sayaka is really trippin. Took a whole 180 compared to the beginning of the show. She was the main one standing on her beliefs and here she abandoned them all and now refusing to accept any help.

Homura really is the goat of the whole show. Repeatedly cock blocking Kyubei’s attempt to pull Madoka in. Then attempting to help Sayaka. On top of other things. I really screaming at my screen at Madoka when she was about to make that contract but boom, Homura saves the day again!

I didn’t expect her to turn to Trunks and travel to save the MC. Then the reveal about witches!? Bruh. I’m hooked on this show
Mar 6, 5:12 PM
Nov 2022
WHAT THE FRICK IS THIS!!???
Mar 23, 11:58 PM

Dec 2022
boy this has become a visual and musical feast and escalated drastically i'm starting to see the cause of the hype
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
It's finally happening!
I thought that the witches must be failed Magical girls, Very interesting how they revealed that.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.