Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
5 Centimeters per Second
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Feb 2, 2023 7:24 PM
Jul 2020
wtf happened in it
Feb 8, 2023 4:48 PM

Dec 2020
That ending is painnn suddenly she has a ring and is married to some other guy while it looks like the mc is about to sing bakamitai.
Am not a fan of the empty feeling it left on me.
Feb 14, 2023 5:57 AM
Feb 2023
It was good even thought its kinda sad it was good.
Mar 5, 2023 4:25 AM
Mar 2023
i absolutley love it ,and the characters are amazing !
Mar 6, 2023 2:34 PM
Feb 2023
leaves you hollow and dissatisfied. my heart was slowly carved away through this whole endeavor
Mar 12, 2023 10:00 AM
Dec 2013
I remember watching this 10 years ago, and i just rewatched it, the ending is still painful as i feel before, but now i can relate more to it.10/10 masterpiece
Apr 7, 2023 11:21 AM

May 2021
Why 99.9% of anime romances have to be so borderline obsesive-psychopathic?

I can't feel any empathy towards this kind of people, also a lot of people in the comments is talking bs about MC's life is a failure because he refuses to let go the past or he doesn't have a wife nor childrens, that's another weaklings bs from the soyboys, he is a programmer, lives alone, young and without any vices, he is by most means a successful adult, is funny how people can consider somebody a failure just because he isn't married or have kids... Talks a lot about the weakling mentality of the simps, anyways MC needs to love himself more, 2/10.
Apr 18, 2023 8:31 AM

Aug 2017
That was...heartbreaking. Well I appreciate the message at the end, but still it kinda hurts to see. But at least it seems he can finally move forward (or that's what I hope).
May 18, 2023 1:03 PM
Jan 2021
Just incredible, i can't express my feeling with a single word
May 27, 2023 8:25 AM
Apr 2022
Bom filme, gostei do facto que personagem ainda ama a rapariga mas não da um mínimo de esforço para a encontrar. Os dois tinham o contacto um do outro mas nenhum se deu ao trabalho de mandarem mensagem. E temos de ver o personagem todo triste e depressivo se bem que a culpa é dele por não se esforçar para dizer a rapariga pelo menos um OLA. Ah para não falar que no final o personagem vê a rapariga a frente dele e em vez de se virar logo e dizer OLA não, o que ele faz? bem é simples atravessa a linha e depois quando a porra do comboio esta a atravessar ai é que ele olha para trás e porra depois de ter passado mais uma vez não se deu ao trabalho de ir atras dela. Mano eu não sei se o editor é idiota ou só quer me dar odio.
Meu deus desperdício de tempo este anime.
May 30, 2023 11:27 PM
Feb 2022
Hello!

I don't understand, since the episode 2 the letters stopped arrived. Also, they didn't talk to each other, despite the facts that they have phones.

Why is that?
Jun 23, 2023 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
This is interesting to say the least as I didn't really feel how we transisioned from 2nd to 3rd episode at all, and it resulted this kinda baffling and questionable expierence when it came to the finale, the song selection tho was beautiful and truly hit the mark but not this episode as a whole it seems.

My problem with this and other Shinkai works is that he usuallly writes above average love story and the  runs to the stunning, beautifull visuals and music , in the end I'm expected to like the whole thing as a whole but know myself that just it isn't like that at all, thats why I feel like this visual beauty in the end isn't as worthy of high scores as it seems, and the average score around here really shows that,

7.4/10
Jun 26, 2023 7:47 AM

May 2020
Damn, that was sad!
They successfully made me care for the two leads, something that have been my problem with makoto shinkai's movies. I really love when a couple have the same background like this. But then it's crushed!
It's been a while since my heart was truly hurt by watching anime.
The only downside was episode 3 being rushed. I need to read the manga!
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Aug 27, 2023 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
Chapter 1 is based in 1995, so no internet, texting, chatting.  Just letters and phone calls for long distance.  

The problem with this Chapter 1 is that they had known each other since they were little kids, and it is very difficult to impossible for a straight boy and a girl to be best friends, especially at that age. 

This Chapter also makes it seem like if the girl, who is a cute girl, is lonely with no friends.  She, with how cute she is, would have gotten tons of guys trying to be with her, giving her attention, having lots of female friends. 

And no way that two people their ages (elementary, middle school) would be writing letters over and over to each other.  After one letter, they would have stopped.  A person (regardless of age) would get tired and lose interest to keep interaction with a person (especially if its via letter) when you dont get to have physical contact with that person. 

Again, seems like they were friends and not a couple, so that makes it maintaining the writing of letters for YEARS to be IMPOSSIBLE
And now way that the female MC would have waited like 7 hours at the train station

On Chapter 2, what was the point of making it such a big timeskip, when I think they were now seniors in High School.   And it would have been nice if the anime had shown us what the female MC was doing.   And the girl in this Chapter 2 was cuter than the female MC.   I did like the country/beach setting. 

On Chapter 3, I just didnt like how they the two MC didnt have one more interaction with each other. And it would have been nice if the Chapter 2 surfer girl was also on this Chapter 3 and make some progress with the male MC.  I did like how on this Chapter both the male MC and female MC both got to see the cherry blossom through the train passing like in Chapter 1. 

Overall, it was nice, I liked the atmosphere, and it gets credit for being different.
Sep 16, 2023 2:44 PM
Oct 2021
It was simple but gold. A bit sad. Made you feel a bit empty
Oct 4, 2023 7:56 PM

Feb 2017
i shouldn't watch sad movies late at night cuz it gets me all emotional and nostalgic and stuff. i can't say i enjoyed watching this movie because it just got me thinking about all my childhood friends that i drifted apart from & now i'm just sitting here feeling sorry for myself

placeholder text
Oct 16, 2023 10:27 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to amagirinomikoto
i shouldn't watch sad movies late at night cuz it gets me all emotional and nostalgic and stuff. i can't say i enjoyed watching this movie because it just got me thinking about all my childhood friends that i drifted apart from & now i'm just sitting here feeling sorry for myself
@amagirinomikoto

I felt the need to reply to your comment as I feel exactly the same as you... yesterday we were the best friends in the world, today we are strangers... in my case, we all distanced from each other... despite the fact that we live very close, we don't even say hello anymore... like strangers...
Nov 12, 2023 6:07 PM

Apr 2013
Only in the last minute, he was able to move on...he took too long...

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Nov 19, 2023 3:40 AM
Aug 2022
this movie is so beautiful and heartbreaking 💔 at the same time this teaches us how to move on carrying the past & present.
Dec 27, 2023 11:08 AM

Jun 2017
It was ok i guess.A mundane tirade of daily life where the regrets pile up as we continue to meander through our lives.
Not much was in it to develop a connection between the viewers and the characters.Some of it didnt even made sense.If he feels so lost why doesn't he visit her place.he knows where she lives !! The visuals also took the limelight than the story which isn't for my taste .
Welp 6.5/10
Jan 6, 8:27 PM
Jun 2020
Empty, i wanted to see more in this chapter
Jan 22, 6:41 AM
Dec 2022
the saddest anime movie
Jan 28, 6:12 AM

Mar 2018
I remember years and years ago when I was probably 16 or 17, I watched Episode 1 and out of my recollection, I stopped at that. The episode always stuck with me despite only seeing the first one, the pensive sadness knowing their will to carry on with each other despite the writing on the walls.

It wasn't until nearly 10 years later at 25 years old that I decided to finish this series once for all after achieving a great goal in my life recently.

I know all these years when I did decide to finish this, I would adore it, and adore it I did. The sadness of it all, the reluctance to move on, hurting those around you as a result of the reluctance, it all hit close to my experiences.

I will hold this anime dearly to my heart and soul for many years to come.
Jan 30, 5:29 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to AntiMoba
Damn, that was sad!
They successfully made me care for the two leads, something that have been my problem with makoto shinkai's movies. I really love when a couple have the same background like this. But then it's crushed!
It's been a while since my heart was truly hurt by watching anime.
The only downside was episode 3 being rushed. I need to read the manga!
@AntiMoba manganya tidak jauh berbeda
Mar 3, 4:57 PM

Mar 2013
I liked the show and how it shows how the distance between relationships can make it difficult. (Personally, I went through this). I found it a little short compared to regular shows, and the ending expected more, at least them ending up together (not to just be cliché, but because they practically found each other. The fact that this didn't happen left me with killer suspense.

Apr 5, 5:50 PM
Sep 2023
lacked near the end, build-up was enjoyable
Apr 14, 6:26 AM
May 2023
the movie was good
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

» What did you feel after watching Makoto Shinkai`s 5 Centimeter per Second? ( 1 2 3 )

IRIS-T - Mar 6, 2016

108 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 11, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Who's the best girl?

spectre699 - Sep 23, 2023

9 by Jusne »»
Mar 3, 4:59 PM

» im confused

_txhsin__ - Feb 20, 2023

19 by frodberserk »»
Jan 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jul 5, 2008

75 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Apr 30, 2007

104 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 10:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.