Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2011 8:31 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a plot twist and trolling to boot, Z-ONE is not Yusei but a mad scientist who got surgery to look like Yusei to save the world from destruction. He failed miserably, due to the moment machine malfunctioning and ended up watching all of humanity get destroyed by the self-destructing Machine Emperors Armored Core Nexus style.

Feb 23, 2011 9:16 AM

Sep 2007
Wowowow ...
More and more better. XD
Feb 23, 2011 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah Zone is not Yusei!

Only the real Yusei is the miracle of the world.

lol you can't seriously not be another person. Haha

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 23, 2011 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
But where is the real Yusei in the future?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 23, 2011 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
o.o Darn and i thought he was future Yusei too >.>

He Crumbled the Shooting Star Dragon card D=

Life Stream Dragon next key card? >:o

Cant wait for Shooting Quasar Dragon in episode 151 D:

Feb 25, 2011 9:15 AM

May 2008
Blackbird said:
Apparently, Zone's backstory happens 200 years after 5D's; safe to say Yusei died of hopefully natural causes.

As for my personal reaction to the twist, I'm okay with it .w. Originally, I was on the Zonesei bandwagon for some time, then thinking about what that meant for the poor guy, I couldn't bear that happening D:
Although it would've made a good twist and character development for him; at least he didn't suffer. The music in the backstory didn't help; sympathy for Zone, sympathy~ Even if most of Janime hate him.
Feb 25, 2011 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
when Zone first appeared I thought he was Yusei's father but then when I read on yugioh wikia that he is Zone I was like ftw- how. and this episode explained about Zone not being Yusei. And that is a good twist. YamiAtem I agree with you. I am also a sympathy of him. After all he was only trying to help mankind.
Feb 26, 2011 6:51 AM

Jan 2011
I did not see Z-ONE not being Yusei coming. xDD The writers are psychopath (in the best way possible, of course).
Feb 27, 2011 2:13 PM

Jun 2010
Whoa didn't see that coming. 5 of those Time monsters on his side of the field.

Mar 2, 2011 11:31 AM

Apr 2008
Too many Time Machine Dietys. o.o Guess Yusei is gonna recover his LP next episode with Life Stream Dragon...so I bet he'll conveniently go down to less than 500 LP after ZONE's attack.
Mar 13, 2011 12:49 AM

Jul 2009
YamiAtem said:
Blackbird said:
Apparently, Zone's backstory happens 200 years after 5D's; safe to say Yusei died of hopefully natural causes.

As for my personal reaction to the twist, I'm okay with it .w. Originally, I was on the Zonesei bandwagon for some time, then thinking about what that meant for the poor guy, I couldn't bear that happening D:
Although it would've made a good twist and character development for him; at least he didn't suffer. The music in the backstory didn't help; sympathy for Zone, sympathy~ Even if most of Janime hate him.

yeah i also thought he's actually zone O_O thank god it's not him :P

so let me get this straight, the events of the dark signer era were real(godwin's madness and all) and yusei defeated the dark signers and lives a happy life with aki and his friends. after sometime he discovers shooting star dragon(and the later dragons from his friends; red nova dragon etc) and started helping the city bit by bit. he discovers accel synchro and delta accel synchro during his prime days and he dies a natural cause.

500 years fast forward(assuming this is the correct timeline), the world is in chaos and a random scientist wants to save the world(due to people's greed which will lead to another zero reverse) so he wanted to save the world but he needed yusei's power in order to do so. so he planned to travel back in time as zone to interfere and manipulate behind the scenes in the last moments of the dark signers arc(which didn't happen in the true history)

that make sense. so i guess after the dark signer arc things got altered by zone. i guess bruno learned the accel and delta synchro from zone(in which he learned from yusei's database in the first place) what confuses me is how did yusei learned the accel and delta accel synchro? what about clear mind? where did he got shooting star dragon(but then again. in the series as a whole characters just happen to discover some new power out of nowhere) what about the crimson dragon? so that it's only purpose? to stop the dark signers and nothing more? so the birthmark was chosen because the crimson dragon believes to the chosen people? that make sense.

it might be confusing at first but the story really fits well except for some minor loopholes and such.

im glad the music from season 1 is here :P
Feb 11, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
So ZONE isnt Yusei after all, it would be kind of hard to explain if he was and how he changed so much in his ideals etc.
After all he's all about friendship and what's best for mankind.
May 25, 2015 7:26 PM

Nov 2010
I knew it! ZONE isn't Jusei after all :D
May 27, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
Oh, I was completely wrong. ZONE isn't Yusei. My previous posts seems stupid now, but oh well. That's was a pretty big twist on to of an already big twist XD So he's just some random scientists now...

I expected a bunch of Zone's monsters to be summoned at once cause otherwise it'd take forever to get through all 10.
Feb 21, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
So he's not Yusei but just a psycho who surgically changed himself to look like him...

Also 5 time monsters at once....the hax are insane here.
Dec 21, 2021 7:32 PM

Aug 2019
Lol I'll always cackle when I think about how the writers trolled with the whole "Z-one is Yusei" thing only for them to reveal in this episode that Z-one is literally just a Yusei cosplayer. What a waste of time that whole subplot was; like, why even do that other than for shock factor in the previous episode, only to take it all back here when Z-one's backstory was explained?

The Timelords are ridiculous in the anime, almost as broken as in the OCG/TCG. Z-one's deck is easily among the most asinine anime decks, up there with Don Thousand's and Dartz's.
Sep 25, 2022 6:17 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, to give 5Ds credit, I though it was going down the route of Fate/Stay Night, but instead it's more of a Reverse Flash situation...kind of? This is certainly a scenario I haven't really seen before, so props to the show, I didn't see the reverse twist on Z-one's identity coming.
Oct 21, 2022 11:15 AM

Jan 2020
So Z-one is a resurrected clone of Yusei? No, okay. He's basically just some dude who got plastic surgery to look like Yusei. Well, that's far less creepy.

Pseudo-Yusei just summoned a bunch of monsters in one turn, how rude.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 22, 1:39 PM

Sep 2017
that was an insane backstory. i was like Wthhh as he kept talking on and on in the backstory. Rip the people in the future.
everyone got trolled thinking that was Yusei in the future. but it was a cosplayer. (how did he obtain shooting star dragon tho)
Also the Robots Don't attack people with good hearts. And kill only people with greed in the future as they were walking past them during the flashback.
Oh dang. the way he crumbled Shooting Star hurt.
Couldn't he cosplayed as Yugi instead? Yugi has best motivational speeches that would rally up the crowd. Maybe Summon the god cards to vs the robots.
Mar 3, 2:06 PM

Jul 2013
Let's take a step back and think about how creepy it was that there's a device out there that could be used to literally turn a random dude into Yusei. We're talking about something equivalent to uploading your consciousness into a cloud somewhere and then having someone else downloaded it into their brain instead.

Technology have indeed gone too far lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 102 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 24, 2010

23 by samot-frt »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 140 Discussion

Ozelot - Dec 26, 2010

13 by KrabbeKage21 »»
Mar 28, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Mar 30, 2011

81 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 4, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 151 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 9, 2011

33 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 150 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 2, 2011

30 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.