Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 9, 2008 2:36 AM
May 2008
can someone explain what is good about this series i was surfing the web and there was a lot of talk about this show so i think lets watch it i have seen 5 episodes and this show is really boring it goes on about nothing and now there making a second season there is no humor this show was a waste of money after 5 eps i deleted the eps becouse it was a waste of harddisk space i did watch 5 eps becouse some shows need a few eps to build up but this was just a waste so can someone explain what i missed or what is good about this show
Jun 9, 2008 9:18 AM

Dec 2007
draaglul said:
so can someone explain what i missed or what is good about this show

First of all, let me get this out of the way: Punctuation! Have you heard of it!?

Second of all, asking to have someone explain what's good about this show is like asking someone why they like something that you think tastes bad.

I guess you're just trying to troll, but it's not very effective. Talk about a waste of space.
Jun 9, 2008 10:54 AM

Mar 2007
yeah theres at least 3-4 good reviews answering all of your questions so go read up.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 9, 2008 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
0/10 troll points

I started watching it at first for the loli, but stayed for the story. Now I'm reading the manga.
s0m31johnJun 9, 2008 11:58 AM
Jul 17, 2008 8:27 PM

May 2008
It's a romantic and dramatic lolicon anime, instead of just sexual and silly.

Actually, in a way it's reverse lolicon, since she plays the dominant role in flirting and he does what he can to refuse her advances.
(Spoiler?)

It's a pretty sad show at times, the pedophilia, or child advances I should say, are the least of worries. So, it's a unique take on age disparity in relationships I've never seen before.

Yeah, that's the word I was looking for, age disparity.
It takes a very controversial look at something that's taboo now, and does it with flying colors. I think how it's done, the children not being exploited at all, and showing this type of relationship in this light, and seriously, is why this show is so successful.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 14, 2008 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
Haha, bad time to quit.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Aug 14, 2008 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Anyone who actually thinks of Kodomo no Jikan as a serious look at anything is either the kind of person its aimed at, or just not getting it.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 16, 2008 6:36 PM

May 2007
LoveWifeLunch said:
Haha, bad time to quit.
Exactly, haha. 6th episode was extremely sad drama about Reiji and his past.

s0m31john said:
I started watching it at first for the loli, but stayed for the story.
Same.
Dec 14, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2015
I'm going to start out by saying that this series does NOT deserve the bad name it has. Yes... it is incredibly controversial, yes... I am disgusted at how frustrated I am that there wasn't more fan service.
Lets go:
Story: 7. While the story is, on the surface, unique. It is just another slice of life with a very unique twist. There's a yandere and tsundere character. One guy becomes the object of affection, the whole "will they/won't they" thing is replaced by "should he/shouldn't he?"
I think the reason I gave this show a 7 for story instead of a higher score is because, while it does a good job of it, it doesn't really give you a sense of moral ambiguity which I was kind of looking for. The whole, it is wrong but should it be, but it is, but why, and why not. It doesn't do a very good job of asking the *big* questions related to the subject matter, overall though, the story is much deeper than you would assume. No spoilers.
I laughed, I cried, and I got very confused in the pants.

Art: 8
Above average, better than a lot but nothing special. Definitely not a 10. The backgrounds are fully realized. The outfits and clothing are well put together, the character designs are quite good, the body fluidity and hair movements are quite life like.

Sound :9
I watched this as a blueray rip the sound quality was great.

Character: 7
Like I said in my story section, this series is very similar to many others with a very very unique twist.
That said, the characters are fully realized, they are not shallow or one dimensional. Each character has a deep backstory and and the show does a good job of fleshing them out over 12 episodes.
I enjoy that the motives behind the characters are left up to personal interpretation to a degree. The show gives you the backstory to work with and you let your imagination fill in the blanks. I would give this a higher score, honestly just for character development but it lost a few points for having standard tropes. The tsundere character, the shy character and the boisterous to hide her insecurity character... the backstory made them unique and enjoyable but they are pretty standard.

Enjoyment: 6
This.
Show.
Will.
Test.
You.
You know it's wrong to root for their relationship, you know it's wrong to get frustrated at Aoki for doing the "right" thing. The characters are developed in a way that forces you to reconsider your stance, or at least... in this one case, compels you to make a moral exception.
I would have enjoyed this series much more if it didn't cast doubt on everything I knew to be right and proper. Should a sexual relationship develop? Fuck no. Is intimacy with a 3rd grader and love possible? Do they deserve it? A character like Rin is so mature in so many ways and has been through so much that forced her to be beyond her years.
The whole series will challenge you... that's why it got a 6, even though I really really really enjoyed the series (including the short season 2 and the OVAs) for that and that alone I scored my enjoyment quiet low.

Overall: 8
If you can get past the subject matter and enter this series with an open mind. Do it. It is an emotional roller-coaster that will blind side you with left turns, flips and corkscrews. show less

That's my review.
You're welcome

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!
Apr 8, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2017
draaglul said:
can someone explain what is good about this series i was surfing the web and there was a lot of talk about this show so i think lets watch it i have seen 5 episodes and this show is really boring it goes on about nothing and now there making a second season there is no humor this show was a waste of money after 5 eps i deleted the eps becouse it was a waste of harddisk space i did watch 5 eps becouse some shows need a few eps to build up but this was just a waste so can someone explain what i missed or what is good about this show

its cancer, idk why i was interested. it could have been worse tho lets be honest

More topics from this board

» What reasons are there NOT to watch Kodomo no Jikan?

Carvewin91 - Jan 10, 2023

13 by luksthefool »»
Mar 19, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 7 Discussion

Tenshin - Nov 25, 2007

25 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deli53 - Nov 17, 2007

100 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 12 Discussion

Maeni - Dec 17, 2008

44 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 11 Discussion

Crisu - Dec 22, 2007

43 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.