Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2011 7:14 AM

Oct 2009
Kyouko won me over.
Feb 19, 2011 10:13 AM

Nov 2009
metalsnakezero said:
Sayaka turned Yandere at the end there O_o
Hitomi also likes Kamijo, oh snap.
Nice details on Kyouko's past.

Yeah, i liked how Hitomi finally comes into the story and decides she will steal him after the whole "i have no regrets" arguement with Kyouko.

I find Kyuubii awesome, but obviously in an evil way.
Feb 19, 2011 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
In reply to Yumekichi and to continue,

Miki is pretty depressed by this point, not desperate. Her raison d'être is lost to her perceptive. She felt as if she had "lost" her so called crush to someone else. Having no reason to live, she does not care to live, therefore driving her to insanity

To note, I classify insanities into different types. This type of insanity that when you have lost your reason to live, therefore as a result, your actions and intentions showed one that is reckless of her life.

The problem here, is of a perception issue. Miki, as you have said, sees it as a betrayal of kyuubey, as the concept of a soul out of a body is perhaps, hard to bear. Kyuubey, as demonstrated in the show, said that it is important to keep souls out of the human body so as to allow the puella magis to fight more efficiently under their contracts. Therefore, a problem with perceptive.

"That being said she thinks her body is not good for Kamijou much less appropriate for love or a kiss from him. Goes back to why? Because the soul while in a body can feel emotions much more than it being in object. Once the soul is separated from the body, what can that body feel? Not really as much as if it was there. In fact it would be the Soul Gem that should feel everything but a object is not alive nor it is able to feel human emotions as much as if it were in the body. That’s why IMO."

Ahh, quite a nice viewpoint that you have there. Just to add on, the soul is the representation of the existence of the person concerned. A body is just like a robot, where the control of the robot (an action) is due to the soul (an intention) that flows through the anons of the nervous system. Without going into the complications of what a soul is, and using the above mentioned statement (Immanuel Kant argued that the existence of the soul could only be thought of a pirori and could not be proven to whether it exist in any kind of physical or non-physical space), this poses two questions w.r.t your above mentioned point:

1) How do the Puella Magis retain controls of their bodies (100 m) when the souls are extracted out of their bodies and stored inside a soul gem?

2) If they dont feel that much pain when they are hit, how does it equate to the emotions in their bodies? (Pain is a reaction, emotion is an intention.) Also, if they are controlling their bodies, does it mean that they are showing their emotions through their bodies, as souls? (and worthy of being hugged and kissed at this extent). Does it mean a partial loss of their so called emotions like the partial loss of pain? I find it quite strange that she still can feel pangs of jealousy even through she claimed that her body is not worthy of Kamijou.

I guess that cleo have given a plausible answer to why Miki felt pain on the stomach when Kyuubey touched her soul gem.

To be contiuned.
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
Feb 19, 2011 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
Poor Sayaka. Yeah right Hitomi's in love with Kamijou.
She didn't even visit him when he was hospitalized. Not that I know of anyway.
Feb 19, 2011 11:21 AM

Sep 2010
darkerealm said:

i think that homura 'told' her to say that to sayaka, and prolly also told kyouko to tell her story to sayaka.
basically to make her go insane and show madoka that you shouldnt become a puella magi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2011 11:37 AM

Nov 2009
Before that, my knowledge about religion is quite limited.

So, IMO, it seems like a holy place to me, where the witch, Elsamaria is praying to a religious-like symbol, in which it seems like Monstrance to some of the viewers. (taken from /a/ in 4chan and puella magi wiki). Do anyone have an inate understand of what the red like "sun" in the fight scene represents?

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/images/b/b3/PMMM_Ep7_Monstrance.png

There is also a representation of the tree, too btw. Going off tangent, it reminds me of the Sephiroth tree of life in Shin Seiki Evagelion.

Nothing else that i could comment in concrete here.

Going on to the next point,the concept of equvalent exchange, like what Kyouko have mentioned, is based on the concept of zero sum philosophy, in which states that when you create a miracle, in some other aspects, due to the chain effect, a despair is being formed.
As a side point, I think i could think of the reason why wishing a lot of wishes upon a wish is flawed. If you wish a lot of wishes, where does the equivalent exchange of having these wishes come from. It will come from more wishes as a self propagating effect. Ad infinium to absurdity.

Going back. We could understand Kyouko's position from episode 6 onwards, that wishing for another person to be well could lead to some other bad tragedy as well (looks myopic to me) and the reason why she become such a "hedonistic" person.

That, going back to the concept of intention, like what Mani-san have warned Miki. To wish for a miracle for another person because she loves him or because she wants him to feel indebted to her. It is not the action or the end results, but the intention that matters. Extending the point, this is what her father believes too. It is faith that he considers important, not the "illusion" of magic. Having his beliefs destroyed, he lost his reason to live and went along a self destructive path.

There are a lot of conflict of paradigms in this episode, from what I have observed.

(But in a pragmatic world, people are too myopic to believe in the fact that the immediate end results are the one that matters, not their intentions or in the grand scheme of things)

To end off, I would like to take the concept that is relevant in the Madoka anime, borrowed from the philosophy of china's history (even through I have forgotten the exact chinese poem for this):

"History is a cycle."

In specific reply to cleo,

"But can we hold something inhuman to human standards?"

We could extrapolate:

Can we accept what other cultures that we find "barbaric", and vice versa. (I am suggesting metaphorically that Kyuubey is a set of culture, while Miki is another set of culture)

And Yup, I will open another thread. This could be "intresting". (Guess my concept of intresting here)

And yes, ignorance is bliss. (Through I could argue that this will make life meaningless, I prefer a my life to be one of mad-dom.)

"But not so much in this ep (if that's what you meant)."

This. In fact, I think i could put away with the faust references till the show have aired all 13 episodes.

Okay, till now, more to come.
Feb 19, 2011 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
Poor Sayaka. ;_; She is turning into monster! If everything continues like this she really might turn in witch (like that one in Madoka's dream).
Kyouko's past was heartbreaking. If I understood correctly father killed Kyouko's little sister, mother and then committed suicide by burning himself. Now that's really scary. No wonder poor girl doesn't care much about others. Because of her wish she lost her family. This confirms someone's theory (sorry can't remember who said that) that powers as puella magi are equal to that was lost in process (Mami had nothing to loose, Kyouko lost her family, Sayaka is loosing her friends and boy she loves and if Madoka becomes a magical girl she will loose her not only a normal life like all others but also a loving family and great friends).
Feb 19, 2011 1:45 PM

Dec 2007

Highlight of this episode :D. Personally I thought the love confession was way too conveniently place but I guess with the episode limit they needed to put it here early to force her into chaos.
Feb 19, 2011 3:07 PM

Apr 2009
The "evil furbolg" is satan (He grant a Mircale, but take your soul).

So basic Sayaka lost everything and went Insane - THe end
Feb 19, 2011 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
darkerealm said:

. Hitomi might have visited after her classes, after all we've only seen Kamiyou through Sayaka's eyes
. She might have made it up to encourage her friend to confess
But even if Sayaka had confessed before making her wish, and the outcome would be happy, she would still think that due to the soulgem thing she no longer has a future with him (and there's no future for her.)

@nerdguy: I concur, though I'd call it losing her humanity instead of losing her sanity.
But I don't think it's QB's fault as Yumikichi puts it.
Sure she's pissed of at QB and shocked by Hitomi's revelation, but those are 'merely' external issues.
The relevant aspect imo is a breakdown in her own character.
She always thought that her life, and that of a Magical Girl with Mami as shining example, should be about righteousness. The first things she says to Madoka are: "I thought what would've happened if I hadn't saved Hitomi. I'm a failure as a hero. I couldn't look Mami in the face".
The soulgem makes her question the cost of it all, Kyouko makes her question her own selflessness, both painful in itself.
But her reaction shattered her illusion of herself, and I think that's what causes her true suffering. In the end, she is torn by the conflict that her goal and means were upside down. She didn't save Kyousuke in order to be a MG, she turned into a MG to save Kyousuke for her own sake, so she's not as righteous as she thought.
In the end, she realises the pain (both physical and emotional) goes away when she stops seeing herself as a human being. Fighting witches to help her forget the irrevocable mistake she made.

Now my wish is they won't turn her into a raving lunatic going on killing spree, as she doesn't deserve that.
And she still has Madoka. I thought it was remarkable she was crying about not being worthy of being held by Kamiyou while in the arms of her best friend.

But I do wonder what happens if a magical girl has all the requirements of a witch.
QB in ep 2:
Magical Girls spread hope, witches spread despair, doubt, suspicion, anger and hate.
Sayaka - Hope?
Nope, it doesn't look good for her.
Feb 19, 2011 4:56 PM
Aug 2010
Before this ep i was dead set on the ideal that Kyuubei was evil, and the inkling of that notion remains in me today. However this episodes explanation of his character says the he operates solely on logic without human emotion. That really doesnt sit right with me because his "shifty salesman" persona up until this point seems to have preyed on the girls emotions when he tries to make them enter contracts. That makes me think that he has an innate understanding ohuman emotion and is scripting himself accordingly. His situational response kinda put me off. And after Sayaka finds out the truth and gets depressed, he kinda left her out to dry without any sweet words. Just seemed to me like he was more blunt than he would've been about it if she hadn't already been contracted. On another note, kinda seemed like sayaka's over the top reaction and sort of drug-like method of taking away physical pain was just overcompensating for the fact that she couldn't accept her body for what is was.
Feb 19, 2011 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
Leonard93 said:

i think that homura 'told' her to say that to sayaka, and prolly also told kyouko to tell her story to sayaka.
basically to make her go insane and show madoka that you shouldnt become a puella magi.

I highly doubt Homura would involve yet another girl, especially as she told Madoka no-one would believe her.
And I like to believe Kyouko genuinly reached out to Sayaka, because Sayaka reminded her of her old self.

nerdyguy said:
Do anyone have an inate understand of what the red like "sun" in the fight scene represents?

Red & scarlet in biblical sense are often associated with sin and guilt. In Roman Catholicism red represents wrath, one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
(I think that fits nicely).

Probably farfetched, but fitting anyway: while googling for 'red sun' I came across Stephen Crane's 'The Red Badge of Courage'. He writes: "The red sun was pasted in the sky like a wafer" = commenting on the concept of men having to die to save other men. The wafer being the communion bread which is also held in a monstrance.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100113111126AAviAa4
According to Wiki: 'the novel features a young recruit who overcomes initial fears and shame to become a hero on the battlefield. Crane focuses on the complex internal struggle of the story's main character, and not the war itself'.

But a red sun is not a traditional symbol for communion bread.
Feb 19, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2009
awesome episode. i like sayaka being crazy.^^
Feb 19, 2011 10:14 PM
Dec 2007
Kyuuseishu81 said:
Before this ep i was dead set on the ideal that Kyuubei was evil, and the inkling of that notion remains in me today. However this episodes explanation of his character says the he operates solely on logic without human emotion. That really doesnt sit right with me because his "shifty salesman" persona up until this point seems to have preyed on the girls emotions when he tries to make them enter contracts. That makes me think that he has an innate understanding ohuman emotion and is scripting himself accordingly. His situational response kinda put me off. And after Sayaka finds out the truth and gets depressed, he kinda left her out to dry without any sweet words. Just seemed to me like he was more blunt than he would've been about it if she hadn't already been contracted. On another note, kinda seemed like sayaka's over the top reaction and sort of drug-like method of taking away physical pain was just overcompensating for the fact that she couldn't accept her body for what is was.
I agree, he certainly knows enough of human emotions and morals to be able to sway them. The promise of a miracle is in and of itself preying on the innate greed present in all humans. He used Mami's fear of death to trap her, Sayaka's inability to help her loved one was completely exploited too. I say Kyubei knows human values well enough. That said it's easy to see he's not chained by human morals. He follows a different set of rules. But let's be a little more humane here and realize he's too amoral to be considered good and in the sense of this story, he's as close to an antagonist as we have right now, as strange as that may be.

BTW, I got a chill when I realized Sayaka is so destroyed emotionally that she did the one thing Kyubei warned her against. Since she knows that they can manipulate the treshold of pain they experience she completely nullified pain. Now her body can get all screwed up and she would keep going nonchalantly,like she did during the fight. Funny how she was crying because she thought they were monsters yet it was she herself who manipulated her body to BE a monster.

Feb 19, 2011 10:35 PM

Sep 2010
Great episode I was hoping for a longer sayaka insane scene. :) can't wait for the next one, reading everyone's ideas and such is really interesting~

Feb 20, 2011 12:18 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it when Sayaka went crazy during the fight.
Feb 20, 2011 7:11 AM
Aug 2010
I really didnt like the whole thing with kamijo. Sayaka's logic that he wouldn't love her because of her body was ridiculous. The Hitomi thing was so forced, It would've been alot better if Kamijo showed his true colors and was a douche that no woman could love or something. It kinda seemed like he would have been based on that time he snapped. I guess the Hitomi thing kinda revolved around the line "i wish i hadn't saved her." But still i cant see what would lead sayaka to come to the "i cant do sh** about hitomi moving in" conclusion. Her body isn't some cold clammy rotting zombie corpse. It's the same as ever with the soul on the outside. She should be more concerned with the fact that she wont live to see 17. She needs to put Kamijo in line and Hitomi will get a chance when Sayaka pulls a Mami.
Feb 20, 2011 8:33 AM
Apr 2009
Sayaka is overreacting. We can see it, because we're watching from the outside. But she can't. She's just a teenager who has found out that the whole contract thing meant getting her soul separated from her body, which led her to believe she can no longer call herself a human, because every else has souls inside their bodies! Then came the Hitomi thing, and it's all being just too much for Sayaka, she's snapping from the stress and the fact her whole world seems to be breaking apart. She might also feel hate towards herself, because she, even if subconsciously, expects something from Kamijou in exchange for healing his hand, and because of the fact she started thinking "I wish I hadn't saved Hitomi".

So like, that's a lot of stuff a 14-year-old girl suddenly has to deal with. And I haven't even listed everything.
Feb 20, 2011 10:14 AM

Oct 2008
Speculations from the Puella Magi Madoka Magica wiki:

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/images/8/85/Ep1_Sayaka_Witch.png

If this is the case, we don't see any sign of Kyoko for sure at the beginning of the first episode. Now its just whether decapitation will occur next week or the week after.
Feb 20, 2011 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
Omniknight said:
Speculations from the Puella Magi Madoka Magica wiki:

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/images/8/85/Ep1_Sayaka_Witch.png

If this is the case, we don't see any sign of Kyoko for sure at the beginning of the first episode. Now its just whether decapitation will occur next week or the week after.
That is scary to find out, but it may as well be inevitable with what we are given in this episode in regards to Sayaka.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 20, 2011 4:22 PM

Apr 2007
Very interesting episode. If I were Hitomi, I think I'd be watching my back for the near future, even if this sudden interest in Kamijou is an act for Sayaka's benefit.

The more I watch this show, the more I wonder who the main character really is. Although I can see where viewers are placing doubt on how long Sayaka will last, for some reason my gut is telling me she may very well be the only "survivor" of this entire experience once done. I suspect that little comment she made in the past-tense in the elevator scene of episode 4 could be important. Madoka seems to be getting set up to make some sort of huge sacrifice, although whether this involves merely making a contract or something larger remains to be seen. Could this anime be a morality play where a character gets dragged through the depths of hell only to be saved and redeemed in the end due to the ultimate sacrifices of those around her?

Regardless, the possibilities of where this might go are absolutely intriguing.
Feb 20, 2011 7:12 PM

May 2009
With Sayaka having spiraled down to her present state, I would feel that much more tragic if it turned out the Hitomi only said what she said to nudge Sayaka along. This show has really become a tale of suffering.
Feb 20, 2011 11:18 PM

Apr 2009
Hahahaha. Kyuubei you are just too awsome! Looks like that dumb bitch Sayaka finally broke. Now if only someone would finally kill her.
Feb 21, 2011 12:01 AM

Nov 2009
sayaka's lost her marbles lolol
and hitomi's little thing seemd a bit convenient,
sick stuff @_@
Feb 21, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2007
The wishes come with a severe price...

Kyubey definitely have an evil smirk on his face when he tapped on Sayaka's soul gem to give her a sample of pain...

It looks like the dark side has finally engulfed Sayaka...

I greatly suspect we will find out how witches form and spread their despair soon enough..

Kyouko telling of her story may be a foreshadowing of the likely tragedy that Sayaka will face soon. We can easily see why she does not like it when a wish is made for others now...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feb 21, 2011 12:48 AM

Sep 2009
This is really getting hardcore, I love it. Looks like Madoka is going to feel the pain of slowly losing her friend.
Feb 21, 2011 2:37 AM
Jun 2010
Dropping some MadoHomu images. I hope you guys like it.

Feb 21, 2011 4:56 AM
Feb 2009
lol all those doujin (mostly about madoka n homura... o.o)
i hope there is doujin about torturing kyubei... o.o (actually i think what kyubei said does has its point, but it's answer "coz u nvr ask me" really make me wanna punch it in its face o.o)

how many things that kyubei havent tell us yet becoz we nvr havent ask it? o.o
(this really make me wonder why kyubei eat the used grief seed...)
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 21, 2011 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
darkerealm said:

Yeah, it's felt like comes out from nowhere. Maybe Hitomi wants to help Sayaka confess her feeling towards Kamijo, but who knows. Maybe we'll see the reason about this. But if this matter really comes out from nowhere just to add some drama for Sayaka (emotional breakdown), I'll really disappointed.
Feb 21, 2011 8:59 AM
Sep 2010
Things are getting really intense. That scene with Hitomi definitely took me by surprise. Can't wait for episode 8.
Feb 21, 2011 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
flame_tiong said:
Didn't he answer that already? He simply said in episode 6, "It's part of my job." but that's not a sufficient answer.
Feb 21, 2011 9:55 AM

Feb 2010
Oh the drama!
Feb 21, 2011 10:25 AM
Dec 2007
belatkuro said:
flame_tiong said:
Didn't he answer that already? He simply said in episode 6, "It's part of my job." but that's not a sufficient answer.
That's not an answer comsidering he hasn't told us what his job is. He could be eating them for any reasons, from just reasons like getting rid of curses to darker reasons like collecting strength for "something" or collecting them for some unknown entity with an unknown allegiance. In fact, this goes hand in hand with him keeping magical girls in the dark about the details of their job. An ignorant girl will just blissfully complete her job, but an inquisitive one will hound him and question her mission. In fact it wouldn't surprise me that Kyubei chose to teach Sayaka about the difference in pain between a regular human and them just to get Sayaka out of it's back. After all, Sayaka understandably decided to stop her questions there after the little pain/torture lesson.

Feb 21, 2011 10:29 AM

Oct 2008
Reme
Akiyama said:
http://imgup.me/e/iup2425.jpg
Sayaka kills Kyouko.

Remember this image!
Definite foreshadowing!
Feb 21, 2011 11:00 AM

Feb 2009
Leon-Gun said:
belatkuro said:
flame_tiong said:
That's not an answer comsidering he hasn't told us what his job is. He could be eating them for any reasons, from just reasons like getting rid of curses to darker reasons like collecting strength for "something" or collecting them for some unknown entity with an unknown allegiance. In fact, this goes hand in hand with him keeping magical girls in the dark about the details of their job. An ignorant girl will just blissfully complete her job, but an inquisitive one will hound him and question her mission. In fact it wouldn't surprise me that Kyubei chose to teach Sayaka about the difference in pain between a regular human and them just to get Sayaka out of it's back. After all, Sayaka understandably decided to stop her questions there after the little pain/torture lesson.
That's why I said 'not a sufficient answer'. He obviously is holding back some things or just not aware that some things, like the soul getting separated from the body, is a serious issue for the girls that he should address properly.
Feb 21, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
]That's not an answer comsidering he hasn't told us what his job is.

But nobody asked him..
◕ ‿‿ ◕
Feb 21, 2011 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
cleo said:
Leon-Gun said:
]That's not an answer comsidering he hasn't told us what his job is.
But nobody asked him..
◕ ‿‿ ◕
He'd probably even give a straight answer if they just asked him about it.
‿‿
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 22, 2011 12:24 AM

Jul 2010
Death flag has been raised for Sayaka. Either that or the witch theory >.>
Wonder what will happen to Hitomi in the next ep too
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Feb 22, 2011 5:47 AM
Feb 2009
"it's part of my job"? hell like any1 gonna believe that... =_="
anyway, leon-gun basically speak out my thought
flame_tiongFeb 22, 2011 5:57 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 22, 2011 6:18 AM

Oct 2009
taki-desu said:
nishimari said:
Kyubey, you're a diabolic sadist.

I must be the only one who finds him awesome aren't I?

I'm with you on the Kyubey is awesome side :)
I also loved what happened to Sayaka: insanity at last.
Feb 22, 2011 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
Ronimxus said:
Dropping some MadoHomu images. I hope you guys like it.

You have my thanks.
Feb 22, 2011 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
This is probably ridiculous, but I just noticed Hitomi and Mami really look like each other.. If you look at their faces, it's exactly the same shape, and although all the main characters have differently shaped eyes(Homura's are straight while Madoka's are more round on the upper side), their eyes do look like they have the same shape. Also, if you look at the hair around the face, it looks pretty similar too. (I mean, duh, I know Mami has/d two curly tails and Hitomi has curly hair)
...Did we ever see those two together? Because I'm really finding this a tad bit freaky..
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Feb 22, 2011 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
Byfuzzerabbit said:
Explains why QB goes after little girls because they don't think about the fine print. Well at least I haven't seen him go after older girls who will ask for questions. I don't really watch Mahou Shoujo this was just an exception because I got the impression that it wasn't just about cute little girls. I hope there is a retirement age or else this is the worst job ever.
Indeed it goes back to the younger they are, the more foolish they are. There is not retirement age because the body does not age with the way the soul is placed in the object and acts magically. Basically that's how immortality may be seen. I also did not hear that there is a number of witches to kill.
cleo said:
On top of that we've seen she's quick to jump to conclusions, she's too impulsive, she's quite intolerant about anything contradicting her way of thinking (with a tendency of a black-and-white way of thinking), and she has no problem with violence for the good course.
She's a very different idealist from peace-loving Madoka.

She's been through the 5 stages of grief, hit rock-bottom, and now she knows she can kill.
PV suggests she's wants to be a martyr, an ally of justice, as she's lost her wish.
Noble perhaps, but not very healthy.
She really wants to be selfless and idealistic, but I can easily see her getting too dogmatic and extreme, and thus turn into the spitting image of the enemy.
Given the similarity between wishes and curses, it's a small step from there to become a witch.
Exactly the problem with Sayaka's character. She will hit rock bottom fast the moment it hits a contradictory sense to her beliefs. By that I meant Hitomi. You see should she kill her is what will make things different to Sayaka, in the way that she completely defeated her own justice. We still have yet to see what happens to Maho Shoujo should she kill a human, so it may be interesting to see that.
nerdyguy said:
In reply to Yumekichi and to continue,
Miki is pretty depressed by this point, not desperate. Her raison d'être is lost to her perceptive. She felt as if she had “lost” her so called crush to someone else. Having no reason to live, she does not care to live, therefore driving her to insanity
Then again desperate in the sense of thinking she will lose 100% Kamijou already and thus going for suicidal/mass risk taking is quite possible if you think that she believes 100% that she will lose to Hitomi.
nerdyguy said:
The problem here, is of a perception issue. Miki, as you have said, sees it as a betrayal of kyuubey, as the concept of a soul out of a body is perhaps, hard to bear. Kyuubey, as demonstrated in the show, said that it is important to keep souls out of the human body so as to allow the puella magis to fight more efficiently under their contracts. Therefore, a problem with perceptive.
Exactly, the perception should be more in the positive side of things but because its the negative all becomes negative such a love. Funny thing is that I read about cleo's Faust reference and have to say that the whole Medusa thing is exactly the illusion reference Kyuubey may be using on the maho shoujo, what I meant is to tell them of miracles while it really is more a selling your soul to the devil for you work for that wish until there no more witches, that may mean eternally.
yumekichi11 said:
nerdyguy said:
Ahh, quite a nice viewpoint that you have there. Just to add on, the soul is the representation of the existence of the person concerned. A body is just like a robot, where the control of the robot (an action) is due to the soul (an intention) that flows through the anons of the nervous system. Without going into the complications of what a soul is, and using the above mentioned statement (Emmanuel Kant argued that the existence of the soul could only be thought of a priory and could not be proven to whether it exist in any kind of physical or non-physical space), this poses two questions w.r.t your above mentioned point:

Well that's quite interesting point there, moving on.
nerdyguy said:
1) How do the Puella Magis retain controls of their bodies (100 m) when the souls are extracted out of their bodies and stored inside a soul gem?
I can only guess of the magical symbols being embedded in the soul gem are somewhere on their body such as the finger nail tip that each mahou shoujo has or the only other clue I may have is that since their ring is on their hand they have direct interaction connection to it, meaning that they to retain control of their body.
nerdyguy said:
2) If they don't feel that much pain when they are hit, how does it equate to the emotions in their bodies? (Pain is a reaction, emotion is an intention.)
I am not sure about that but it looks to me like their emotional sense are greatly reduced as to for example not care about the witch's circumstance or mental breakdown should she use it on the Mahou Shoujo.
nerdyguy said:
Also, if they are controlling their bodies, does it mean that they are showing their emotions through their bodies, as souls? (and worthy of being hugged and kissed at this extent).
Not really, if they are showing their emotions it is through their soul gems thus why if it has too much grief it will become bad to have it as the body will not be as what it is.
nerdyguy said:
Does it mean a partial loss of their so called emotions like the partial loss of pain? I find it quite strange that she still can feel pangs of jealousy even through she claimed that her body is not worthy of Kamijou.
Yes you got it! It is 100% a partial loss of emotions to compensate for the partial lost of pain.
cleo said:
nerdyguy said:
Do anyone have an innate understand of what the red like “sun” in the fight scene represents?

Red & scarlet in biblical sense are often associated with sin and guilt. In Roman Catholicism red represents wrath, one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
(I think that fits nicely).
I agree with this. Sin would = to Sayaka's egoism of wanting to keep for herself Kamijou and Guilt would = to Sayaka not being fit anymore for love due to her sin of keeping Kamijou to herself. A interesting way of putting it but ultimately wrath is the end result of the emotional accumulations of both sin and guilt.
Yumekichi11Feb 22, 2011 1:36 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 22, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
This show is hardcore. I can't believe I'm actually watching a magical girl show, I'm usually more for brutality being a Warhammer 40k fanboy, but this is insanely cool.

Madoka isn't a Puella Magi yet. Surprised, guess there will be more than one season unless it just goes insane in the last few episodes. Is the manga considerably longer than this?
Feb 22, 2011 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
Psychodrake said:
This show is hardcore. I can't believe I'm actually watching a magical girl show, I'm usually more for brutality being a Warhammer 40k fanboy, but this is insanely cool.

Madoka isn't a Puella Magi yet. Surprised, guess there will be more than one season unless it just goes insane in the last few episodes. Is the manga considerably longer than this?

There is no Manga~ it will only be released after the show stops airing, and it won't be from Madoka's perspective
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Feb 22, 2011 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
@Sigsig: That's not true. There is a manga, which is an adaptation of the anime. There are also two spinoffs, one of which just started serialization, while the second will indeed be published after the anime concludes.

@Psychodrake: This is an original anime, not an adaptation. And it'll probably end with 12 episodes. Shaft may troll us and end it with a massive season cliffhanger and make a second season afterwards, but it seems unlikely.

And... well, no hard feelings, but if you badly want Madoka to become a Puella Magi, it might mean that you don't really understand this show.

Also, it's one of the key factors why this show is so different and unique - a magical girl anime where the main and title character does not become a magical girl for most (or perhaps all) of the story. We didn't have anything like that before - and having it now is great!
Feb 23, 2011 4:11 AM

Jul 2009
kFYatek said:

@Psychodrake: This is an original anime, not an adaptation. And it'll probably end with 12 episodes. Shaft may troll us and end it with a massive season cliffhanger and make a second season afterwards, but it seems unlikely.

And... well, no hard feelings, but if you badly want Madoka to become a Puella Magi, it might mean that you don't really understand this show.

Also, it's one of the key factors why this show is so different and unique - a magical girl anime where the main and title character does not become a magical girl for most (or perhaps all) of the story. We didn't have anything like that before - and having it now is great!

Ah, I thought it may have been following the manga. Rarely see it the other way around.

Don't worry, I understand what the show is about perfectly, I was just curious really. It's interesting to see Madoka filled with so much fear for her friends, worried about what could happen next while trying her best not to get involved.

@Oresund, this isn't hardcore so to speak, but it is quite brutal. Generally when an anime comes with a cute style like this, any form of mature themes can make it infinitely more interesting. Then again, I'm all for more mature themes, it's probably the reason I'm hooked here.
Feb 23, 2011 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
Psychodrake said:
It's interesting to see Madoka filled with so much fear for her friends, worried about what could happen next while trying her best not to get involved.

Wait, what?
Trying her best not to get involved would mean staying at home, biting her nails.
Yet she keeps tagging along, making Homura come to her rescue from a hasty and stupid wish every time.

Yumekichi11 said:
nerdguy said:
Does it mean a partial loss of their so called emotions like the partial loss of pain? I find it quite strange that she still can feel pangs of jealousy even through she claimed that her body is not worthy of Kamijou.
Yes you got it! It is 100% a partial loss of emotions to compensate for the partial lost of pain.

Isn't that contradicted by her breaking down in Madoka's arms?
cleoFeb 23, 2011 2:38 PM
Feb 23, 2011 3:05 PM

Oct 2009
Sayaka is turning crazy thanks to Kyuubei o.O
Feb 23, 2011 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
cleo said:
Psychodrake said:
It's interesting to see Madoka filled with so much fear for her friends, worried about what could happen next while trying her best not to get involved.

Wait, what?
Trying her best not to get involved would mean staying at home, biting her nails.
Yet she keeps tagging along, making Homura come to her rescue from a hasty and stupid wish every time.

Arguable. She is technically trying her best not to get involved, otherwise she would be involved by now. See where I'm coming from?

I try my best not to buy more anime DVD's, still eye them up when I'm out though.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

628 by GuhTheJado »»
May 12, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.