Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2008 8:58 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, that was quite an episode. The dream with Sakura was great. It really hit me when Yoshiyuki called her mom. And how bout that end. Good stuff.
Jun 9, 2008 3:36 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Didn't touch me that much but the moment when Yoshiyuki called Sakura Mom was really nice.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 9, 2008 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
well said, it was beautiful... i think after it wither... they might recreate the a "prefect sakura tree" and wish yoshiyuki back... thats what i think. dont bash me if i got it right or wrong.
Jun 9, 2008 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
i also think the part where yoshiuki )might of spelt that wrong) called sakara mum was awesome! i got a feeling that he dont dissapear with the tree!.. just a hunch ( i aint read the manga!)

this anime doesnt really get me in the mood to cry =s unlike air and such but its still a overall good watch especially this episode!

Jun 10, 2008 7:50 AM

Mar 2008
Great episod I think. Sakura must be relieve and happy that Yoshiyuki don't blame her and called her mom.

Isn't it a little earlier to make Sakura Tree withered? There still 3 episod left isn't it? I'm hoping an alternate happy ending...
Jun 10, 2008 11:36 PM

Aug 2007
The first half was beyond epic...

I got teary-eyed when Yoshiyuki called Sakura-san 'okaa-san'. There would have been some manly tears if I didn't expect it, but alas fate plays such a cruel card! xD They set that up perfectly! The bgm, the pause, the animation of that scene really set it apart from the visual novel. My only gripe is how Sakura was missing her shawl, she lost a lot of moe~ points without it...

Now the second half...

I hated the fact that Otome broke down and cried like that...I can understand some tears, but that was a bit too much... I would have found it reasonable if she was actually dating Yoshiyuki, but wow that was a little bit too much. Even she didn't break down like that in her own route, a week or so after they started dating and showering together! Then we have the whole botched Yoshiyuki confession...eh weak! WEAK!!! Last but not the least, Yume was there...wtf!!!

The adaptation of the first half was great...but the second half took way too much leeway in my book. Now on to everyone forgetting who the hell Yoshiyuki is! xD
Jun 11, 2008 5:07 PM
Sep 2007
there were some awesome scenes (def. "okaa-san"), but there were some horrible either - when Sakura said that she was researching magical sakura trees in USA... = facepalm. also I agree with PimpToad, Otome's crying was a bit too much for me too.
Jun 11, 2008 5:49 PM

Aug 2007
Why the facepalm? o-O

Jun 12, 2008 3:16 AM

Dec 2007
very good episode. now I can't wait to see what comes next

Jun 12, 2008 4:06 AM
Sep 2007
PimpToad said:
Why the facepalm? o-O

cause it sounds pretty lame to me - studying magical sakura trees in USA. I know DC is also supernatural series, but I felt it was out of place and unnatural for some reason. like, magical tree is nothing unusual, let's study it in USA. maybe the whole scene was just too short to explain it well. anyway, if it's just me, it's not a big deal. ^^
Jun 12, 2008 11:59 AM

Aug 2007
The game kinda explains it more in detail during the Sakura route. Notice in the scene how she is doing all of her research alone and she has probably been at it for 30+ years. Don't forget that Sakura herself has a doctorate's in herbology (or something like that). In DCPC, she was able to make a clone of Alice's tree (forgot what its called). In the Sakura route of Da Capo, she was actually the teacher of Junichi's class for 'x' amount of time, hell she was already a college graduate before she even started attending middle school. If you tie in the events of previous Da Capo animes/games into the mix, then it doesn't really sound that farfetched =P

Genius loli ftw! xD
Jun 12, 2008 12:32 PM
Sep 2007
PimpToad said:
The game kinda explains it more in detail during the Sakura route. Notice in the scene how she is doing all of her research alone and she has probably been at it for 30+ years. Don't forget that Sakura herself has a doctorate's in herbology (or something like that). In DCPC, she was able to make a clone of Alice's tree (forgot what its called). In the Sakura route of Da Capo, she was actually the teacher of Junichi's class for 'x' amount of time, hell she was already a college graduate before she even started attending middle school. If you tie in the events of previous Da Capo animes/games into the mix, then it doesn't really sound that farfetched =P

your explanation definitely sounds better, so I guess they just screwed this scene in anime, cause I didn't think about it from that point of view.

PimpToad said:
Genius loli ftw! xD

try Pani Poni Dash! then. ;)
Jun 17, 2008 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
imo, it looked kinda like a plot twist at the end where Yume finds out that Otome and Yoshiyuki were whithering the tree...

What I wanna know is what exactly was that Sakura pendant or that Sakura gave Yoshiyuki, my guess was it's to protect his fake body from "breaking up" when leaving Hatsunejima but that's just my imagery.

But my guess the story will be like the puppet show miracle and there will be a miracle of some sort...maybe incolving that protective pendant (of course happy endings.)
Jun 17, 2008 7:31 PM

Aug 2007
(Yume was never there when Otome pwned the tree)

Yep you got it right!

Remember that Yoshiyuki only exists within the boundaries of the Sakura tree's power, aka Hatsunejima island. The pendant acts as a sort of transmitter so that Yoshiyuki can leave the island. It was first introduced in DCII, and you should notice its importance due to Sakura's insistence that Yoshiyuki shouldn't remove it EVER while he is away.

The puppet show is reflective of DCII's ending, which sucks in my opinion. Again, Utawarerumono end ftw! To me, Da Capo never had a happy ending since the canon route is Nemu's =P
Jan 9, 2009 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
this ep almost made me cry D:
Jun 23, 2009 9:08 PM

May 2008
freedoleen said:
PimpToad said:

your explanation definitely sounds better, so I guess they just screwed this scene in anime, cause I didn't think about it from that point of view.

PimpToad said:
Genius loli ftw! xD

try Pani Poni Dash! then. ;)

its still funny how she was able to research it like it was a common phenomenom but i get your point

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 31, 2009 8:05 PM

Dec 2007
An aww episode.
Apr 8, 2011 5:20 PM

Nov 2010
so sakura created yoshiyuki because she was lonely since the people she loved grew old and had families.

how did kotori and othesr who liked junichi cope? did they marry other people? if so, why not sakura?

also, why did she not grow if the effects of the tree should've ended?

suginami?
Feb 16, 2017 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
ah yes the infodump, now yoshiyuki now knows his existence. Now it's otome's turn at the tree...
Aug 8, 2019 11:07 PM

Dec 2009
The continuity of this still confuses me... Sakura goes on about the tree and how she made it come back and all that, when all i can think about is how in Da Capo Second Season, it was Aisia that did it...

Did they make it wither again shortly after the events of D.C.S.S.?
GenesisAriaAug 8, 2019 11:29 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
The most fun thing about this episode was my minigame to predict the dialogue. I was actually mostly right with him saying "Oto-nee" lol
Jul 13, 2022 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
Sakura has caused trouble once more. Last time it was her fault too.

It's unfortunate that Sakurai wasn't able to hear Yume's confession.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 13 Discussion

cr4sian_phil - Jun 30, 2008

42 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 12 Discussion

Steelix - Jun 22, 2008

14 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - May 20, 2008

12 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 5 Discussion

Faust721 - May 3, 2008

13 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 3 Discussion

PimpToad - Apr 21, 2008

18 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.