Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Jul 4, 2022 11:09 AM
Mar 2021
Im just pissed madoka is the mc to this series..she is soo annoying and makes the dumbest choices
Jul 31, 2022 7:35 AM

Jun 2016
Kyubey is right, having your soul placed in a protected container is better for fighting. Mind you, knowing that your body is merely just a separate form and not the complete you would be traumatising.

Madoka took her mum's words to heart and tried to cause a "mistake", that technically got Sayaka killed. Gave a good hearty chuckle at this, tbh.

Aug 16, 2022 8:31 AM
Aug 2022
Really impressed how this show manages to take the traditional magical girl concept and just twist it further and further.
Sep 7, 2022 11:55 AM
Aug 2022
Wow this was one hell of an episode. It was so unsettling seeing how Sayaka suddenly just became lifeless because her soul gem thing was thrown out into a truck by Madoka. Though it was unsettling in a good way.

Also so many people seemed to absolutely despise Madoka after this. Like I get it, what she did was extremely stupid, but ffs people, she's a MIDDLE SCHOOLER. Having a main character that has flaws is not a bad thing, while I feel pretty neutral so far towards Madoka as a character, I don't despise her.

Anyways great episode. Also, damn Kyuubey, you're hiding something aren't you?
Sep 18, 2022 6:53 AM

Feb 2022
i really like this episode. especially the late night talk between madoka and her mom.
"Even though you are righteous, you cannot be happy?"
"Someone can make a mistake on behalf of that straight kid."
sly lie and escaping could be the real answer, instead of not knowing and struggling what to do.

A "chobit," a technologically advanced persocom rumored to possess true machine intelligence, unlike other persocoms.
Oct 23, 2022 3:23 AM

Sep 2021
When Terror Adhaerens start playing during the convo between Madoka and Sayaka...
Also, Homura-chan is the best.
Jan 15, 2023 12:37 PM
Jan 2023
Damn, this episode really had me feeling it. The plot is becoming more engaging by the episode and I really liked the twist at the end cause I did not see that coming. So far, I'm definitely enjoying Puella Magi Madoka.
Mar 6, 2023 7:32 PM
Jun 2021
ALL THAT BUILD-UP JUST FOR THEM TO UNDO HER DEATH???
Mar 8, 2023 2:17 PM
Jan 2018
Why would she become a magical girl at this point seriously. Unless she is going to be op and can’t die up to this point she has faced many reasons not to become one, but it’s clear she will become one at some point.
Mar 22, 2023 1:48 PM
Mar 2021
i hate this anime bro wh cant they chill fr
Apr 22, 2023 8:24 PM

Jul 2022
I always tried to read between the phrases/conversations they said but this was not what I expected, it was worth the wait of 6 eps
Jun 17, 2023 12:06 PM

Jun 2021
"learn to make mistakes" that was a good one 

wtf i thought sayaka was a goner for sure
she came back!!
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jul 13, 2023 10:10 AM
Jul 2023
awful truth, makes kyubey the villian now imo
Sep 9, 2023 9:15 PM
Oct 2019
Kyouko playing DDR with the Opening song.. lol

Bruhh Madoka.... and Kyuubey WTF?
Sep 26, 2023 9:13 PM

Feb 2020
I mean it does actually sound handy to be limited only by your soul and magic, and not by your fleshy body
but it's still horrible at the same time!

also lol madokas mom is somethin precious heh

Oct 7, 2023 6:07 PM

Jan 2020
Kyuubey is giving me heavy Ohtori Akio vibes.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Oct 30, 2023 3:23 AM
Jun 2015
The end caught me off guard. I did not expect Sayaka to die like that when Mahou threw the gem. It would have been a solid twist for she permanently died. Mahou would have killed the very person she wished to protect. I thought that would have made her form a contract to bring her back. But once again, Homura knew the terms & conditions and hurried to rescue Sayaka.

Sayaka should be thankful for Homura saving her. She’s the one that’s been trying to protect them all since the begin.

Can we all agree for our dislike for Kyubei? He ticks me off more and more each episode. Especially wish his pressuring of Mahou to form a contract. He says he won’t pressure her but does EVERYTHING to still pressure her. Smh
Nov 18, 2023 3:40 PM
Nov 2023
that was dark holy shit
Nov 22, 2023 10:15 PM
Oct 2017
i watched a madoka trailer finally after 5 episodes to try and confirm something myself
and
there are no scenes with madoka transformed

its just slides
slides
there is no proof yet that madoka will ever transform....
but i dont get it, there is fan art, i saw cosplays with my own eyes, with my own eyes, a cosplay couldn't be that popular if it was a red herring, right? right???
this is... this is the doki doki literature club of anime

i am losing my mind little by little
every single expectation of this anime is falling apart
and the more i dont understand what is coming up next
the more i get close to verge of collapse!

like at first i thought, mami was evil, but she died, and then the other girl did the thing, so i thought, okay she made a wish to the violin kid and maybe he will recover his hand ability but then he will die a horrible death or turn into an evil zombie, like a sort of monkey paw kind of thing, but he didnt! HE DIDNT! and i dont know what to expect next!

i still dont know who the villian is yet! is that white rat? is he the devil? is madoka from the past? maybe homura from the futura? like the first scene of the first episode? its that transfer student really that powerful? why is she always close to save madoka? do they die if they dont collect witches seeds because their soul gems turn black? what the hell is going on? i thought okay maybe its like sankarea where she turns into the thing she is turning to around episode 3, but no, 6 episodes and she still hasnt turned into a magical girl, when people told me madoka is not what it looks like at first!!! i thought, okay this is going to be a gore fest, pfft big deal, i already watched magical girl site, so this will be a walk in the park, but no gore so far, no.... gore... so... far... i dont know what to expect, i am so confused and my mind is breaking and i cant bare it anymore
Nov 22, 2023 10:25 PM
Oct 2017
WAIT
IF THEIR BODIES ARE NOW JUST EMPTY SHELLS
THAT MEANS THEY WILL NEVER GROW UP

FUU
Jan 9, 7:25 AM
Jun 2022
Now, I know why I don't trust the "contract" that Kyuubey mentions. 🤨
Mar 17, 10:01 PM
Sep 2023
so far so good the ending was great i like how makeing a contract with Kyuubey is similar to makeing one with devil
Mar 22, 12:22 AM

Dec 2022
really identified with alcoholic mom
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
I was this close to freaking out, No way they could kill Sayaka like that.
So Sayaka is the good girl all along? Kyubey sounded very apathetic when he said all those things about the soul. He really might be the big bad here.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.