Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2011 3:41 AM

Oct 2008
Great ending to one of the best anime I've seen to date, the well-written galaxy and plot made the 110 episodes seem like a stroll in the park.

But I noticed that it fell quite weak towards the end of the 4th season. I cringed at the scene where Julian managed to somehow board Reinhard's flagship and manage to kill off all his elite soldiers in order to get to his room, it just seemed like they ran out of time.

Also, I felt that the Earth cult wasn't expanded on enough, it never told us exactly how they managed to infiltrate so deeply into the Imperial army. While they tried to clarify it with drug use while Julian was on Earth, I hardly see how it would be possible to preach and drug whole ships of soldiers without anyone noticing.

I'm wondering if anyone could clarify. I remember in a scene where Rubinsky and Dominique where talking they mentioned that Reuenthal thought Felix was his son, but this was never clarified whether it was his or not his acutal son
Jul 24, 2011 3:15 AM

May 2010
Felix is his son.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 24, 2011 8:58 AM

Sep 2008
yea, it was pretty clear felix was his son. I think the mother even showed the child to him, if I'm not mistaken, and Reuntal told her to give it to mittermeyer.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 17, 2011 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
For 110 episodes it sure didn't feel very long, i am pretty much speechless right now, i was merely staring at the screen in awe for the last 20minutes and I'm so sad and glad at the same time that it is over.
I did suspect that Reinhard will die by the end of the series when i first started watching it but still it his death was so...there's no word for it.

Also Oberstein's death didn't surprise me much, i kinda felt he might die by the way he was acting, mixed feeling about him :\

Julian really grew up as a character.
Felix and Alec are the next Kircheis and Reinhard, it was great when Felix reached out to the star.

I really can't express my feeling in words so I'll stop now, 10/10, a wonderful piece of art.
Aug 18, 2011 3:46 PM
Jan 2010
Just exemplary anime. Even though I took my time to watch this through, It didn't hook me like monster but it was never boring...
after finishing it I feel void... To fill that I am looking for ova's, movies...

I am always so saddddd after finishing great anime

1. Monster.
2. Logh.
3. Code Geass.
4. Mushishi
Aug 19, 2011 7:15 AM

May 2010
What the...Code Geass is next to LoGH!!!??
Aug 19, 2011 9:25 AM

Jun 2009
LOL..I just KNEW someone would mention that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 20, 2011 9:09 AM

Sep 2008
well at least its below and not above it.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 29, 2011 2:26 PM

Apr 2010
Finished this today. Got nothing much to say about it, I thought it was pretty boring. This wasn't anime for me, I guess.

5/10.
Aug 29, 2011 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
Don't know how anyone can get through 110 episodes of boring. But ok.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 29, 2011 7:36 PM

Apr 2010
I have time to spare, and someone told me that it was a masterpiece, so I kept on watching with high expecations. Turns out I was let down and wasted 110 episodes worth of time of my life, FML.
Aug 30, 2011 3:44 PM

Jan 2008
Solkiskey said:
I have time to spare, and someone told me that it was a masterpiece, so I kept on watching with high expecations. Turns out I was let down and wasted 110 episodes worth of time of my life, FML.

Yeah but that doesn't make sense to me. After 10 episodes you would have lost patience, after 20 episodes you'd give up and say "at least I tried!" but 110 episodes of watching an anime and getting no enjoyment out of it whatsoever?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 30, 2011 3:50 PM

May 2010
Just admit you have no taste and LoGH is too intelligent for you. Stick with those items on your favorite anime list.
ConfuciusAug 30, 2011 3:55 PM
Aug 31, 2011 6:16 PM

Apr 2010
You just mad because I don't worship the anime you love so much. Get over yourself already. Sheesh, I didn't even do anything to you and you're already being a jerk.

Also, as I said, I had nothing to do and decided to sit it out. I (most of the time) finish what I start watching~
Sep 2, 2011 12:39 AM

Jan 2008
Solkiskey said:
You just mad because I don't worship the anime you love so much. Get over yourself already. Sheesh, I didn't even do anything to you and you're already being a jerk.

Also, as I said, I had nothing to do and decided to sit it out. I (most of the time) finish what I start watching~

I'm not being mad or a jerk, if you were aiming that at me. I just dont buy your excuse. There are people in this thread who have good and bad things to say about LotGH, but you've got nothing good to say so it makes no sense that you'd put up with 110 episodes of it. That's a lot of hours of your life dude!
Sep 4, 2011 12:03 PM

May 2010
No he was directing that at me lol. You didn't do anything to me, but you did sat through 110 episodes without probably paying any attention and therefore insulted the entire LoGH community - us.
Sep 5, 2011 2:49 AM
Mar 2010
nice soap opera. The kids seem to love it too.
Sep 5, 2011 5:34 PM

Apr 2010
Beatnik said:
Solkiskey said:

I'm not being mad or a jerk, if you were aiming that at me. I just dont buy your excuse. There are people in this thread who have good and bad things to say about LotGH, but you've got nothing good to say so it makes no sense that you'd put up with 110 episodes of it. That's a lot of hours of your life dude!

I wasn't talking to you, sorry for not quoting. Honestly, I found the characters very interesting, and so was the story. I've never seen something as well made as LoGH, but in the end, I sort of got bored of it. Maybe I shouldn't have watched only that a few days in a row and I would've enjoyed more, it's all about the situation, I guess. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

And Confucius, cut this out, I didn't insult the 'LoGH community', I merely said I found the series boring. If you liked it, then good for you, I won't hate you because you like something I didn't. But don't start insulting my tastes, okay? You're just assuming things that are not even true.
Sep 5, 2011 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
It's pretty good idea to never take Confucius seriously.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 5, 2011 7:42 PM

Apr 2010
I'm sorry, but it's because of people like this that I hate posting in discussion topics. Although he probably won't even read what I said, atleast I got my point across.
Sep 6, 2011 10:50 PM

Sep 2008
Sadomatic said:
nice soap opera. The kids seem to love it too.

on the contrary...

Solkiskey said:
I'm sorry, but it's because of people like this that I hate posting in discussion topics. Although he probably won't even read what I said, atleast I got my point across.

relax man, confucius just likes to mess around, thats all.
Sep 11, 2011 12:31 PM
Dec 2009
Damnit, Oberstein was my favorite character next to Yang. ;_;

Oddly enough, I have a sudden urge to buy a dog.
Sep 12, 2011 12:41 PM

Apr 2011
I love this show. Now I'm reading the Rise and Fall of Napoleon Bonaparte. Probably the closest thing to LOGH, unless the actual LOGH novels are published in English...which will never happen.

LOGH's ending was fucking perfect.
GloriousHawkSep 12, 2011 12:49 PM
Sep 28, 2011 12:11 PM
Apr 2008
Shit was GodLike, manly tears were had
Nov 27, 2011 12:23 AM

Dec 2010
Oberstein is my favorite character too. Sucks that people like him is under-appreciated and if you're like that you need to make the effort so people won't be antagonistic towards you even if you have to manipulate them to like you(and it feels unnatural.)

Him passing away while minded people surive is tragic. Bittenfield "good guys always die first", "why is Oberstein still alive!" people like him doesn't know oberstein because oberstein sucks at making himself not look evil.
Nov 27, 2011 1:19 AM

Dec 2010
correction for my post above...i mean ***smaller minded people***

GloriousHawk said:
I love this show. Now I'm reading the Rise and Fall of Napoleon Bonaparte. Probably the closest thing to LOGH, unless the actual LOGH novels are published in English...which will never happen.

LOGH's ending was fucking perfect.

LOGH actually constantly reminds me of Romance of the three kingdoms. Reinhard and Yangwangli = Sima Yi and zhuge liang lol...
Nov 27, 2011 4:10 PM

May 2010
taro_sado said:
Oberstein is my favorite character too. Sucks that people like him is under-appreciated and if you're like that you need to make the effort so people won't be antagonistic towards you even if you have to manipulate them to like you(and it feels unnatural.)

Him passing away while minded people surive is tragic. Bittenfield "good guys always die first", "why is Oberstein still alive!" people like him doesn't know oberstein because oberstein sucks at making himself not look evil.

You didn't give LoGH a 10, interesting...
Nov 28, 2011 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
well 9 is a pretty good score too so I think you can...I dunno, forgive him and let him be?
Nov 29, 2011 1:26 AM

Jan 2008
GloriousHawk said:

taro_sado said:
LOGH actually constantly reminds me of Romance of the three kingdoms. Reinhard and Yangwangli = Sima Yi and zhuge liang lol...

Another book which REALLY reminded me of LotGH is The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer. Essential reading, and so many allusions between the anime, quite a few beyond the obvious.
Nov 29, 2011 11:38 AM

May 2010
koreye said:
well 9 is a pretty good score too so I think you can...I dunno, forgive him and let him be?

Only because you urged me
Dec 8, 2011 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
Heh interesting book but I don't think I will read it. I'm not into military, and politics.
Dec 9, 2011 2:18 AM

Sep 2008
Mika_Inamori said:
Heh interesting book but I don't think I will read it. I'm not into military, and politics.

you're right in a way, its the only anime that made me feel like I was reading a book.
Dec 22, 2011 6:54 PM
Feb 2011
That was glorious.

I agree that this show is overrated on this site, but that was probably the most intelligent, thoughtful, and frankly, EPIC anime, well... ever?

This is the anime equivalent of "The Silmarillion" in my mind. (Thats a MASSIVE compliment by the way, to those that don't know)

So happy Mittermeyer survived.. (TvT)

10/10
Dec 25, 2011 3:07 PM

May 2010
It isn't overrated.
Dec 26, 2011 5:25 AM

Jul 2009
MaedhrostheTall said:

I agree that this show is overratedunderrated on this site,

fix'd.
Dec 26, 2011 7:05 AM

Oct 2008
Overrated? It's impossible to overrate LoGH. Not even Chuck Norris could do that.
Dec 27, 2011 2:41 AM

Jun 2011
It's incredibly underrated, IMO.

It's ranked #6 in rates and it's #1468 in the favourites of MAL lurkers. Surely I haven't watched every anime that exists, but I'm quite certain it's almost impossible to have more than 10 animes better than LoGH, besides... Gintama? Clannad? S;G? FMA? Not that they are horribly bad shows, but they pale in comparison to LoGH, actually I think even some masterpieces from the duo Clarke/Asimov might not be as good as LoGH. Just my two-cents.
Dec 31, 2011 12:19 PM

Jan 2008
It's underrated in that you won't see it in mainstream life, like an actual store, except maybe a Forbidden Planet or something. Maybe,
Jan 22, 2012 8:07 PM

Jun 2010
Ah, why my favorite Reinhard had to die...?

Of course this anime is underrated, especially on MAL. When you think that Gintama, Clannad, etc. are higher than this...
Jan 30, 2012 10:00 AM
Mar 2011
Bluey said:
Shit was GodLike, manly tears were had

in the shortest way of expressing it

this x10
Feb 5, 2012 11:28 AM

May 2009
That was divine. Pun very much intended.

The episode was glorious.
Reinhard killed me as he passed away, but his death, like his existence, was beautiful. ;__; Not a massive Hilda fan, but just for the words she said after Reinhard's passing, she has all my respect. She understood him.
Oberstein. I doubt I'll ever like him, but I must salute him.
Thank heavens they kept Mittermeyer alive.
Adorable babies are adorable. Reinhard's wish for his child to have a trustworthy friend was poignant. So was him returning Kircheis to his sister. ;__;
Reinhard's last words. ;____;
The last line of the series. ;______;
This series. ;_______;

LoGH surpassed the very high expectations I had of it tenfold. I have zero interest in politics, and I had no intention of marathoning through this series, but somehow I ended up mesmerised by every line and character and philosophy and scheme the show threw at me. I almost regret finishing the series, minus the two gaiden, in less than two weeks but I couldn't stop. I don't think the show started out slow at all, nor do I consider the art "bad" - it was gorgeous, if anything.

I love how the show was never preachy about philosophies and morals, but explored different facets of said ideologies. But none of that would have worked for me if it hadn't been for the wonderful characters and their interactions and relationships and their individual struggles. The space battles weren't too shabby either. I love that this show has all sorts of humour, from Yang's ingenious wit to Bittenfeld's side-splitting, boisterous monologues. On a petty note, this show even had moeblob moments and was full of bishounen. Seriously, what's not to like?

It's certainly not perfect, but it's pretty darn close. My two biggest gripes are the cliched manner the religious cultists were depicted - plus I just really hated them, period - and how the narration divulged too much. I'm not even gonna talk about the previews - those were practically criminal! (Though some may argue the deceptiveness of the editing of every other show's previews are far more criminal.)

More people should watch this. That way, the words 'EPIC' and 'DEEP' wouldn't be so friggin' misused and abused and overused.

I know I'll rewatch this quite often.

/rambling worship
Feb 20, 2012 2:35 AM

Sep 2009
Don't have words to come up with right now.
Fucking loved it.

Maybe I will by the time some of the other guys who have been watching and commenting on the show at the same pace I have been make some comments.
Feb 21, 2012 1:02 AM
Nov 2010
Perfect final episode.
Reinhard's death was beautiful. Many tears were shed. I know death by illness doesn't make Reinhard any justice, but it was still beautiful.
His final words! His words to his sister....Just too beautiful ;-;
Now Felix and Alexander will be friends, they will be good friends just like Reinhard and Kircheis were, just like Reuenthal and Mittermeyer were friends too...Beautiful.
Oberstein...so in the end he died, making the enemy believe he was the Kaiser, making his own death not glorious at all, he died in hands of the terraists after all. But he did it so the Kaiser can die surrounded by the people he loved and with full of pride, he did it so the Empire won't have in it's history 'The Kaiser died by the hands of crazy terraists'.
Oberstein you have all my respect.

What an epic anime. No, epic is not even close to describe how good this anime is.
10/10 and all my love.
Feb 21, 2012 8:12 AM

Sep 2008
@ the last couple of posters- you guys have restored my faith in humanity.
Mar 18, 2012 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
Die Sage ist vorüber, die Historie beginnt.
Mar 21, 2012 11:52 AM
Sep 2011
Wow.
Mar 30, 2012 2:15 PM

Jul 2009
CRIES FOREVER
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Apr 11, 2012 2:48 PM

Nov 2009

Well, sh*t. The mighty lion Kaiser Reinhard died. And Julian is alive? WTF?! I don't accept this!
Apr 14, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
It may be weird that after 110 episodes, I find myself unable to fully put in words how I feel about a series...I guess I have to say goodbye to the characters (at least the ones that managed to survive) and thank the authors for a great ride. I can't express how glad I am that Mittermeyer, Poplan and Dusty, my favourite characters alongside Kircheis and Yang, lived. I have to admit I wasn't a fan of Julian at the beginning, but he gradually proved his worth and grew on me.
LoGH is unique in the way that a series of such scale can pull you in and make you care for each of the many, many characters present, on both sides of a conflict, and remain interesting throughout a whopping hundred plus episodes. It took me quite some time to finish it, but it was a time well-invested ;)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 16, 2012 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
If ever a series deserved a BD release it would be this one.

Epic.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

134 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 25, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.