Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2008 6:05 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rubinsky left one hell of a farewell present. That must have taken an awful lot of planning and resources to set off such large scale destruction. Onto the final ep...

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 28, 2009 7:42 AM

Apr 2009
One ep left, one douchebag villain left. Lets do this.

Nov 2, 2009 2:34 AM

Jun 2009
This episode felt really rushed, like to much stuff happening in one episode. It felt especially rushed considering how slow paced the rest of the series is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 11, 2009 9:09 AM

Jul 2008
that Rubinsky =.=

One episode to go..
Jan 9, 2010 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
"The conquest of Valhalla". I smirked a bit.
Apr 10, 2010 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
For Wolfang, that has to have been the worst nightmare he's ever had. Conquering Valhalla? Quite laughable, though it did next to nothing about my worries for the last episode. De Villiers is still out there and most likely has one last trick up his sleeve if what Rubinsky pulled wasn't enough.

It's a shame that Julian's meeting had to be cut short. Reinhard already had an idea as to what he was ultimately trying to get from this; a step towards Democracy.

On to the last episode. I'm expecting some terrible things, but hopefully it goes out with a satisfactory ending.
Sep 26, 2010 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
Rubinsky is pure devil. Fortunately, his plans didn't succeed in killing Lonhengramm, who will thus have the possibility to see his family for the last time.

Julian's propositions were really smart, for both sides, and I found Lohengramm to be quite fair and open about the ways to improve and change autocracy.
He shows great respect for his wife. In both sides, it seems that women, or more precisely widows, will have the last word.
Dec 15, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2010
if the kaiser will die he could start his own Valhalla fleat with how many people died there xD

Rubinsky had to suck until the end,what an idiot...

I liked the little love scene between Julian&Katerose,and i kinda liked her singing also lol
i'm still a bit sad that Schenkopp died though

I also liked that Lohengram listened to Julian propositions and i think this'll work,at last peace will come ^^

5/5

and one episode left wow...i wonder if lohengram will get past it :\
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 21, 2011 4:59 PM

May 2010
Thank god for Oberstein. Rubinsky you so stubborn, this is what happens if you try to play with Reinhard's hair, you get burned.

With only one episode left, most of my enemies in this show have been eliminated, except for Julian, but that is fine...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 24, 2011 1:56 PM
Nov 2010
^
same with me just replace Julian with Reinhard. Though there's a small chance he might die in the last episode.
Mar 20, 2011 2:53 PM
Jul 2010
Looks like the Earth Cult isn't going to be squashed completely, which is fine. Never want to see them again anyway

It makes sense that Reinhard is open to the idea of a constitution. The thing he hated about the Goldenbaum Dynasty was corruption among aristocrats, who, without a constitution to limit them, held all the power.
Dec 22, 2011 5:54 PM
Feb 2011
THAT DICKFACE!! Rubinsky just HAD to do something crazy. I feel sorry for the innocent victims of his selfish wishes.
Feb 5, 2012 9:32 AM

May 2009
*sigh* Rubinsky. As ugly in death as he was in life.
Feb 20, 2012 1:30 AM

Sep 2009
I still say Rubinsky was the evil guy from the Earth Federation.
Mar 18, 2012 3:39 AM

Aug 2010
Oh god one more ep ;_;
Sep 20, 2012 4:02 AM
Mar 2012
finally it's getting to the end.
Jul 10, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Rubinsky is really a badass ...

Looks like the final episode would be great, so they are going to end it all with the death of Terraist, Reinhard and maybe Julian ( lol ).. It would be a closed ending if that all enemies is gone to leave Frederica Greenhill and Hildegard Marindorf to govern the universe, not a bad idea lol ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 9, 2013 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
Rubinsky to death still trying to take others to the grave with him...wtf lol

HAHA Bittenfeld got a clear head, fuck the arts, save the Kaiser!

Last ep now.....
Oct 7, 2013 6:07 AM

Nov 2009
Man, really hoping that the Kaiser can atleast see his own son before he dies . . . That would be rather tragic if he dies before then. Anyways, I actually always wanted Hilda and Frederica to meet. Pretty sure that won't happen in the span of this series, but always thought that would be something interesting to see.
Oct 23, 2013 7:46 PM

Jul 2011
Julian "wiping away" the lipstick was damn funny.

But wow, the ending is coming really fast. It takes approximately 3 episodes to wrap up the entire series? Wow.

I would like Frederica and Hilda to meet as well, I always assumed that they would... but I guess not. o_o
Feb 20, 2014 6:46 AM
Feb 2011
Stupid soap opera disease.
Aug 12, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2013
Rubinsky elevated to generic cheeseball villain status. "Oh I can't win! Better blow up as much shit and cause as much mayhem as possible then!"

God knows what's happening with the earth cult too. I find it hard to believe that this feels like it's getting a rushed ending, the pacing of this episode is nothing like the rest of the series. I thought with 110 episodes it had the time for a proper ending which isn't what most anime can achieve nowadays. Hopefully I'm wrong and the next episode wraps it up nicely because this episode was such a disappointment.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, why have people mentioned Valhalla throughout the series in relation to each and every death. I thought Valhalla was only open to those who were slain in battle? Even then, it doesn't allow for everybody.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 7, 2014 2:39 PM

Mar 2012
So sad there's only one episode left ;_;

Vexper said:
Rubinsky elevated to generic cheeseball villain status. "Oh I can't win! Better blow up as much shit and cause as much mayhem as possible then!"

lol
Dec 21, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
What about terraism, only one episode left and they're roaming freely.
Jan 9, 2015 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Looks like Rubinsky is quite the sore loser. Poetic enough that Reinhard should pass away just after accomplishing his dream. Guess that is how fate chooses to operate in this galaxy.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 7, 2015 11:53 AM
Aug 2011
Wow, Rubinsky's end was not as anti-climatic as some people were saying several episodes ago.
What a bastard.

Also I laughed when they carried sofa with Reinhard on it.
I am so amused by the most random things lmao.

It kind of pains me though that he was willing to die there instead of thinking about his son and Hilda.
Well he did say he wasn't ready for fatherhood and that he didn't know what it meant to be a parent but still...
Mar 16, 2015 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
Damn Rubinsky. I liked Reindhart and Julian's conversation this episode.
Jun 7, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2012
Dpthat explosion... Speaking of a nice farewell gift :P
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 7, 2015 4:03 PM
Nov 2014
Hell....I'm going to miss Reinhard and this series so much.

On to the last episode of this masterpiece, I guess ;_;
Jun 22, 2015 6:48 PM

May 2012
A lot happened this episode, definitely a lot! I especially liked the development and the ending points have been made properly so the next and last episode must be a great closure of this anime series!

What I especially loved is that they included a bit of romance as well for Julian! Either way up to the last episode of this fantastic anime!
Jul 31, 2015 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
Freaking Rubinsky! Based Bittenfeld coming to the rescue! Surprised that I actually have come to like the guy.

Next episode Reinhard goes off to Valhalla. My body is not ready for this anime to end!
Jan 31, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
If there's no satisfying resolution with the earth cult in the last episode , the earth cult will end up being pretty big disappointment for me
Jun 25, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
Attaboy Julian, you finally got the girl ;)

Ok, so it's looks like I was very wrong about Rubinsky's final moments being anti-climactic...I mean shit, the guy LITERALLY went out with a bang xD
KashKetchumJun 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Aug 6, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2016
I want to know what exactly "acute variant collagen disease" is. It sounds so random that I don't even want to accept it. Wild theory: Aliens from Andromeda sense that Reinhard could be a real threat to them, and hence use alien biowarfare to cripple him from a distance!
Aug 6, 2016 2:37 AM

Oct 2015
Arachnophobic said:
I want to know what exactly "acute variant collagen disease" is. It sounds so random that I don't even want to accept it. Wild theory: Aliens from Andromeda sense that Reinhard could be a real threat to them, and hence use alien biowarfare to cripple him from a distance!

Maybe it has something to do with his hair growing too fast.
Omnia munda mundis
Aug 6, 2016 3:29 AM

Oct 2015
berserker15 said:
I liked Reindhart and Julian's conversation this episode.
They even haven't come to any conclusion. To me it was like:
Reinhard: - You want constitutional monarchy. Talk to my wife.
Julian: - Okay.
Omnia munda mundis
Aug 6, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
Diana_Sofia said:

Maybe it has something to do with his hair growing too fast.

Acute Keratin Overproduction Syndrome. Sounds legit. It's as if his hair represents the burning flame of his life, and it started burning way too hard after Kircheis' death.

If only Kircheis were alive, he could cure the space AIDS..
Nov 12, 2016 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
Rubinsky is a good written villain imo, glad he is gone.
We can make a meme about "If only Kirchesis were alive....[insert any wish here]"
Jan 17, 2017 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
Bittenfeld had many fun yet interesting statement lately.

He's hot headed and aggressive but anyhow his loyalty to Reinhard is out of the question, really love it to see side character have at least some memorable screentime when the show's about to end. His hatred towards Oberstein is perhaps the most distinct among the other admirals haha.

It was Reinhard who'd afraid of losing all of his friends but now that role switched with Mittermeyer. Seeing the Vahalla dream made me feel really bad for Mittermeyer. It's interesting to know of their belief in afterlife, the Vahalla thing. It serves as some sort of a consolement to the heroes so they won't be afraid of death or such.. However someone still have to carry the fallen's will, Mittermeyer probably has a lot of tales to tell his legacy when he grows older.

Reinhard is being prideful as usual even after Rubinsky's last trick was pulled out. And the scene he was being carried made me laugh hard XD. If you have to evacuate, do it in style lol.

Oberstein is busy like all the time, keeping the stage clear for Reinhard. The interrogation with Dominic was rather plain until his face showed up. He looks like an archdemon who strikes fear upon everyone except the Kaiser.

CzeroCJan 17, 2017 5:06 PM
Jan 20, 2017 9:24 AM
Jan 2017
What a painful episode... Can't handle Reinhard's sickness... omg :(
Dec 6, 2017 7:33 PM

Aug 2016
Rubinsky died with that disgusting smirk in his face. Biggest *sshole in Logh.
:v
Jan 3, 2018 2:48 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Rubinksky even after died he continued doing the bad...he always was an evil!!!
Feb 27, 2018 12:06 PM

May 2016
"One more page left to the history of the Galaxy"

Man I'm gonna miss this show, that fox Rubinsky he won't even rest in his death that ugly bastard
I knew that Reinhard's illness was incurable but who thought he would die so soon T-T
RaizelFeb 27, 2018 12:16 PM
May 24, 2018 1:37 AM
Apr 2018
Rubinski was amazing. I was rooting for him. Too bad he was beaten by a brain tumour.

Reinhard's pride was caused the death of millions and I'm glad it didn't cost him his own. He's so selfish and well done to Bittenfeld for saving him.

I thought he we would find out that Emil poisoned Reinhard at the end here.

So glad that Julian and Wahlen met again. I wanted Wahlen to know that kid he saved on Earth was the leader of the rebellion.

Power rankings:

1) Julian
2) Empire
3) Earth Cult
4) Schumacher and the Goldenbaums.
-) Rubinski.

MVP: Rubinski. Went out like a legend and literally with a bang.
Sep 10, 2018 8:08 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What? Only one page of comments? Or is it because everyone went straight to the last episode? Probably. I would do that too if not for work tomorrow.

That fking disgusting Rubinsky. Truly evil, wanting to bring Reinhard with him in death, not caring one bit about all the innocent people on Heinessen. Ofc he doesn't care about people, but that's just disgusting.

Rubinsky's mentality when close to death is a foil to Reinhard's. You've got two types of people. One is stubborn until the end, while the other becomes more open to change and possibilities. Reinhard was also the headstrong type, but near death, I think he's realized some things. Now that he knows death is imminent, that he can't be there to make all the changes himself, he understands that there will need to be changes after he dies, since there's really no one else who can do what he did. He also trusts and holds high respect for Hildegard, and I can only hope the best for the burden she has to carry after Reinhard passes away... Just watching Reinhard lacking energy, laying down, or feeling fatigued only after 30 minutes of talking, it's so hard to take.

Muller and Julian's conversation was so sad. Muller's envious that Julian and FPA's sorrow began at the starting point (Yang's death), while the Reinhard's subordinates have to suffer and prepare for Reinhard's death. And after his death, the sorrow will continue for awhile. What an interesting insight this conversation held.

Julian was pleased that he could still have "heartfelt and friendly exchanges with the admiral of the Imperial Fleet", which must make him really understand how people are the same everywhere.

In the last episode discussion, I said that I really wanted to see the Empire win. But tbh, with the direction this episode headed in, I can accept the end.
Nov 13, 2018 8:43 PM

Feb 2017
Haha, Julian scores a kiss from Karin and immediately after returns to acting like a dork around Attenborough.
Nov 29, 2018 5:18 PM
Apr 2018
Fucking Rubinsky: even dead he found a way to mess up with people.

LAST PAGE COMING.
Apr 16, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
That kiss :3
Attenborough's joke about the lipstick was pretty mean, but funny
Dec 1, 2019 10:07 PM

Oct 2012
Rubinsky died as he lived, a mess, a dumpster fire :P

Lol the way they bring the sofa along with Reinhard xD

Wait I thought Schneider died alongside with Merkatz, apparently not

Last episode, here we go!
Only the Terrarist's Bishop left
"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2016
Rubinsky literally went out with a bang. It was nice to see that the mad lad had still something up his sleeve, even tho that was almost too crazy.

Only one episode left and one of the best journeys ever will come to an end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

80 by ryzxgum »»
May 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Which side had the more compelling cast of characters to you?

bucciest - Sep 21, 2023

6 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:45 PM

» How can anyone seriously think Yang is better than Reinhard?

AR550 - Nov 16, 2023

23 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

62 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.