Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2007 8:01 AM

Feb 2005
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Ah. Some important revelations, the beginning of a very amusing battle, and the encounter of new allies and enemies.

Jul 18, 2007 8:41 AM

Oct 2006
o.O it's not out yet. Raw watchin' ?
I'm hopping we'll get to see Galatea in action in this episode.
Jul 18, 2007 10:30 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol baman, n1.

Anyway, another amazing episode. Looks like Priscilla is not going to be the final enemy? That kind of surprised me but then again this show always does.

When I saw Clare not having enough control over herself / power to return back, I thought that this is going to cause some problems in future fights, right?

Preview looked great as well.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 18, 2007 10:57 AM

Feb 2005
Kayrhandros said:
o.O it's not out yet. Raw watchin' ?
I'm hopping we'll get to see Galatea in action in this episode.

Aye. I've read the manga so I know what happens.
And yes, Galatea is flashing her moves.

cyruz said:
When I saw Clare not having enough control over herself / power to return back, I thought that this is going to cause some problems in future fights, right?

You don't reeeally want me to answer that do you? :P

Jul 18, 2007 11:04 AM

Oct 2006
Nah, Priscilla will always be the main enemy for Clare. You can tell by the way she lost it when Riful mentioned Priscilla.
Never the less, it will be interesting to see Awakened beings clash.. and probably the Organization won't sit tight during this, and will take the change to slay some or all of them. The plot is looking pretty interesting now. Cool to see Galatea's fighting too. Nice ability she has... although it's easily beaten once discovered.
It also surprised me when Clare couldn't turn back. But then again Miria had already mentioned the possibility. So I guess she needs to be more careful in the future, since Galatea won't always be there to help her.
I really wanna see the conclusion to this arc, and how is Clare gonna handle the awakened Jean.

Baman said:
You don't reeeally want me to answer that do you? :P

since you're a manga reader. No! ^_^
KayrhandrosJul 18, 2007 11:08 AM
Jul 18, 2007 11:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, Xinil finally added that note in the first post as well.

And of course I know that Clare's enemy is Priscilla, I was more thinking that there might be worse enemies for the Claymores to fight than her.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 18, 2007 11:44 AM

Oct 2006
Yeah probably. Though, it's indeed a bit awkward if it's like that.. since normally the main "boss" is the strongest one. Now that I think about it... Clare's handler had mention something about Priscilla being among strongest but not the stronger too. hmm... maybe her power grows with time.. dunno :)
But if the top awakened kill each other shell probably rise on top.
hm... O_O.. Just occurred to me she might be the one "manipulating" the top guy into this clash.. heh. Now I'm even more interested.

And I just noticed those comments in the pics. lol.. nice. Though Duff's face looks anything but serious :P.
Jul 18, 2007 11:54 AM

Apr 2007
These cliffhangers are killing me. They spent a good chunk explaining various things but it still was good. On one hand I hate those cocky villains like Riful who just sit back not lifting a finger and letting her henchman handle things. On the other I'm worried that when she does decide to act she's going to inflict some serious pain on Galatea and Clare.

It will be interesting to see how well they do in the next episode since it appears Jeane has already awoken. Galatea seemed to be placing a lot of hope into getting her to join them in their fight. If Clare ends up having to kill her I wonder what plan B will be.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 18, 2007 1:11 PM

Feb 2005
tainteddonut said:
On one hand I hate those cocky villains like Riful who just sit back not lifting a finger and letting her henchman handle things. On the other I'm worried that when she does decide to act she's going to inflict some serious pain on Galatea and Clare.

Riful's intent is to gather minions to fight the Abyssal One of the north, which is why she does not go all out to kill them.
As for her power...She was number one of the first generation of female Claymores...Also, she should be approximately 539 years old if we assume each generation lasts seven years, so she have had a lot of time to improve herself...
Jul 18, 2007 1:30 PM

Apr 2007
Galatea... She was sent by the organization, but I wonder if she isn't going to be on Clare's side.

Three Awakened Number One's? I thought one of them was Priscilla, but I guess I was wrong? (She was pretty much a number one when she awakened...)
Jul 18, 2007 3:36 PM

Jan 2007
Awesome episode. It was great to see Galatea in action. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 18, 2007 4:10 PM

Jul 2007
AngelLily said:
Three Awakened Number One's? I thought one of them was Priscilla, but I guess I was wrong? (She was pretty much a number one when she awakened...)

Wasn't Priscilla around number 4? Sure, she was above a number 1 in power when she awakened, but that doesn't instantly change her ranking in the organization.

Anyways, great episode, Galatea is badass.
Jul 18, 2007 4:19 PM

Feb 2005
jobocan said:
Wasn't Priscilla around number 4? Sure, she was above a number 1 in power when she awakened, but that doesn't instantly change her ranking in the organization.

She was number two I believe. And by killing Teresa, she became number one.
Jul 18, 2007 4:40 PM

Oct 2006
Good episode. One thing the manga did different, at least my interpretation, was Clare only needed Galatea's help to turn back on the second time. And that's why Riful was interested in Clare. Seems to have less impact if Galatea helped her turn back both times, it doesn't seem as special then.

Eclipse called the uber awakened ones "Dwellers of the Deep". I think I prefer Abyssal Ones, since wouldn't the 1st name imply that they only lived in deep holes somewhere...though Riful appears to be doing just that. Where as abyssal can mean unmeasurable or unfathomable, seems to work on more levels in regards to their powers and among other things.
kioJul 18, 2007 5:44 PM
Jul 18, 2007 5:09 PM

Jul 2007
Baman said:
She was number two I believe. And by killing Teresa, she became number one.

Ah, you're right, she was number 2. But she can't be counted as a "Dweller of the Deep", since at the moment she awakened(before killing Theresa), she was still number 2, while "Dwellers of the Deep" are Claymore that were number 1 at the time they awakened.
Jul 19, 2007 12:00 AM

May 2007

I really like the episode. It's a pleasure to see this arc get animated and I love the voices... visualizing can get difficult at times. Riful doesn't look as cute as she does in the manga... she's rather fair skinned.

Anyway, Galatea and Clare teaming is awesome. I've grown to like Galatea and I just hope that she can stay alive. Her announcement that her rate of power increase from releasing her Yoki is number 1 among Claymores is quite a claim. Makes me wonder what the the two Claymores above her are like and why she is number 3. And despite Galatea releasing her Yoki, Riful is confident that this is not enough to win. Things are getting interesting and somewhat helpless.
mild_evenJul 19, 2007 12:04 AM
Jul 19, 2007 1:49 AM

Jun 2007
kio said:
Good episode. One thing the manga did different, at least my interpretation, was Clare only needed Galatea's help to turn back on the second time. And that's why Riful was interested in Clare. Seems to have less impact if Galatea helped her turn back both times, it doesn't seem as special then.

Eclipse called the uber awakened ones "Dwellers of the Deep". I think I prefer Abyssal Ones, since wouldn't the 1st name imply that they only lived in deep holes somewhere...though Riful appears to be doing just that. Where as abyssal can mean unmeasurable or unfathomable, seems to work on more levels in regards to their powers and among other things.

I agree, I hate how they're not being called Abyssal ones in the anime :(. Other then that its fallowing the manga nicely. btw does anyone know when the next manga chapter comes out? It's been on volume13 chapter73 for like a month.
Jul 19, 2007 8:23 AM

Apr 2007
Well, since Eclipse does soft-subs for the h264 releases, all you guys have to do is change "Dwellers of the Deep" to "Abyssal Ones" ^^;
Jul 19, 2007 8:30 AM

May 2007
AngelLily said:
Well, since Eclipse does soft-subs for the h264 releases, all you guys have to do is change "Dwellers of the Deep" to "Abyssal Ones" ^^;

I prefer "Abyssal Ones", but I'm not suffering with "Dwellers of the Deep". It's the same with "Oyashiro-sama" and "Shrine God". In the end, you know what the names are referring to and you can substitute it in your mind as you read the subs.
Jul 19, 2007 8:50 AM

Oct 2006
Haha, I don't hate it enough to change it. Plus I've had problems in the past with text encoding and subs not displaying properly afterwards. Someone needs to update Subtitle Workshop so it remembers the same settings from the original file. xP

I was just wondering what made Eclipse go with that, instead of the pre-established Abyssal Ones. Especially since it works so much better then what they chose. Maybe there are no manga readers in the group.
Jul 22, 2007 8:47 AM

Jan 2007
Oh man...Galatea kicks so much ass. <3
Jul 22, 2007 9:00 AM

Nov 2004
Jul 23, 2007 8:57 AM

Apr 2007
great one!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 4, 2007 5:08 AM

Jul 2007
Am I the only one who noticed the Star Wars sound effect being used when Clare uses her Yomo powers at 12:42? Sounds exactly like a blaster going off of a Tie Fighter.

Sam is my sweet peach
Aug 4, 2007 11:15 AM

Feb 2005
Yes, I thought I had heard that sound somewhere before D:
Aug 17, 2008 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
The fight with Duff was hilarious for some reason.
Oct 5, 2008 6:53 AM

Aug 2008
The end of this ep makes things look pretty bleak, it doesn't look like Jeane is going to be of any use to them. If I had a choice I'd haul @$$ out of that cave!
Mar 17, 2009 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
OMG!!! That ep was Freakin Awesome/Hilarious, definitely the funniest part of the show so far. When Daf starts cryin, when Gelata owns him, is so funny. Gelata is freakin bad ass!! I love her manipulation technique, brilliant. And when Clare's leg gets smashed that shit is lookin vicious, then I remember, oh she can fix it. Probably the second best episode so far. The best still has to be Precilla's awakening, by far!! Off to watch the next one. Urahara Out!!
Aug 8, 2009 1:48 AM

Jul 2008
clare looked like she was getting her ass kicked there for a sec, and galatea's power seems pretty awesome, well as long as your facing an idiot
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 25, 2009 5:12 PM

Jan 2009
The enemies are getting stonger and stronger. Wouldn't surprise me if they introduce a number 0 Claymore that awakens lol.
Dec 31, 2009 7:43 AM
Feb 2009
Kayrhandros said:
Yeah probably. Though, it's indeed a bit awkward if it's like that.. since normally the main "boss" is the strongest one. Now that I think about it... Clare's handler had mention something about Priscilla being among strongest but not the stronger too. hmm... maybe her power grows with time.. dunno :)
Looks more like Clare gets more skilled with time. I dunno about her power level because, while in theory she's #47, well, not everyone can kill a #4 who, on top of that, was already Awakened. But to me, she's definitely making up for weakness with skill. Very clever if you ask me :3

But damn... just see how fucking badass is Galatea. And Clare seems to keep to some degree her ability to straddle her limit back and forth. O_O
Mar 26, 2010 9:17 PM
Mar 2010
haha, this episode was awesome ;D!
i cant wait to see how everything turns out!
Apr 7, 2010 6:06 PM

Feb 2010
ok epsiode. I like that we're hearing about the 3 most powerful awakened ones.
Apr 27, 2010 2:49 AM
Nov 2009
All the female awakened beings have really cute voices

May 4, 2010 8:51 AM

Dec 2009
Clare looked like a damsel in distress when Galatea caught her XDDDD
Sep 7, 2010 4:34 AM

Jul 2010
Galatea is so cool.
Oct 1, 2010 5:14 PM

Apr 2010
Galatea, Clare vs. Duff + amused Riful.
That's one serious fight, and i find Jean cool.
Oct 11, 2010 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
Galatea is pretty cool. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 13, 2010 4:33 PM

Dec 2008
Riful and Dauf are in a relationship? That's just gross and wrong on so many levels!
Dec 12, 2010 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
Nice episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 16, 2011 6:15 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode, Galatea has a very powerful ability
Mar 24, 2011 9:22 AM

Jul 2009
Despite his size, Dauf resembles a crybaby sometimes. And the way he goes' ouch' for every single slash, is somewhat amusing.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 28, 2011 3:30 PM

Jul 2010
Robbini said:
Despite his size, Dauf resembles a crybaby sometimes. And the way he goes' ouch' for every single slash, is somewhat amusing.

puts a bit more personality into yoma, who we all thought were just brainless monsters

Jan 9, 2012 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
"Kill me" ohhh, is this going to be a different type of awakening, that would explain Claire's face.
May 4, 2012 10:42 PM

Sep 2011
I don't see them being able to beat Priscilla at this rate, I just don't see it happening... xD
Jul 25, 2012 6:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ooh, the plot thickens. I think there might be more complexity to the Claymore-Organization battle now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 26, 2012 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
I think she has to like get body parts from all the highest ranked people + actually put on Teresa's head in order to be half as strong as Priscilla.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 6, 2012 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode. Finally something about Abyssal Ones.

Oct 19, 2012 5:30 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, that was an awesome episode. The fight scenes were great and we didn't even have an actual fight for now. Galatea is pretty as can be, to the point where I really feel hard to watch her in her yoma form :S Also - I thought Clare would be able to revert back way easier than before but she technically lost to her yoma side :0

And the story about the Creatures of the Abyss... It made my anime month! Also, we've actually got a plot now! I thought the best plot we're going to get was the Priscilla hunt, but no! It's like things can't get any better than this.
Apr 7, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2012
Great episode, lots of action and interesting information has been given in this episode, really looking forward to the next one!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

415 by Cynex_ »»
Apr 29, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.