Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2008 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so it ends. Sort of strange, a human to have a relationship with a doll...but whatever. A nice end :3
Aug 1, 2008 12:53 PM

May 2008
Actually, I hated this anime in the start, and I had no plan to watch the second season. However, the characters seemed to have grown on me and I just might watch the second season now.
I hate Suigintou in the beginning, but the ending withdrew some of my sympathy. Who would have thought that I would enjoy an anime about talking dolls with magical powers?
Nyaa~
Sep 4, 2008 9:17 AM
Mar 2008
I mostly just like this anime for the awesome characters, but the whole doll human relationship is weird yo.
Mar 24, 2009 6:09 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was hot when Shinku was crying with her arm torn off. It just was.
Jul 4, 2009 3:12 PM
Dec 2008
He is going back to school , and the scenery which his uniform was shown , that reminded me of something ~

Anyway the ending was good.

Sep 30, 2009 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode, good series!
One thing I really didn't like in the series was how Suigintou was always the total evil without signs of good. A total one-sided character. It would be nicer if she would had shown some "good" emotions during the series. Would have maken her "death" sadder, better and more emotional.
Cool is how the relationship between Shinku and Jun ended. Like a real strong friendship. In many other animes I complain "Why aren't they a couple now in the end?" but here it would be probably just strange to most, if they became a couple^^ so, exceptionally, this relationship fits here perfectly^^ I'm satisfied^^
I'm giving the series a 8/10 with a plus. It would be a 9 if there where more episodes like the 5th one!^^
Nov 27, 2009 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
mrmuk said:
One thing I really didn't like in the series was how Suigintou was always the total evil without signs of good. A total one-sided character. It would be nicer if she would had shown some "good" emotions during the series. Would have maken her "death" sadder, better and more emotional.

I didn't like her, either, but she became more sympathetic after this episode when you see that she was broken and trying to compensate for it.

hobbiteen said:
Who would have thought that I would enjoy an anime about talking dolls with magical powers?

Yeah I was half expecting to hate this series and just watching for novelty but I wound up really liking it, a lot.
Dec 5, 2009 5:39 AM

Oct 2009
Suigintou is an incomplete doll but she's so powerful despite being incomplete lol.. Strange.. >.> Like the others, I also watch this anime without expecting much but after finishing it, it's actually pretty good~

Anyway.. on to Träumend now..

Dec 18, 2009 12:22 PM
Sep 2009
I still love that reveal scene at the ending. "Haha, burned by her own fire! Take THAT, you bi- ...er, wait, what's...... oh... um... she's, uh...... Oh... crap."
Also, I feel a little silly. I got fooled by the fake ending AGAIN. XD
Right, well, I'll pick up Traumend at a later date. That's English dubbed now, too, right? Sweeet.
Just my two cents.
Feb 16, 2010 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
One of the worst anime i've ever seen
Mar 3, 2010 4:54 AM

Feb 2008
I kept expecting Jun to repair Suigintou for some reason.

was a good series overall, but my favorite episode was the filler episode with the strawberry cake war ; )
Jun 29, 2010 3:11 AM

Apr 2010
whatever floats juns boat :/
Aug 2, 2010 6:53 AM

Dec 2009
Nice ending , really felt sad for Suingitou , she was so damn awesome TwT
Aug 31, 2010 9:47 PM

Jul 2010
A really good series despite the human and doll fetish. Though, Jun and Shinku's relationship was pretty interesting and watching its development was fun. Discovering Suigintou's flaw like that made me sympathetic. I never realized how much she loved her creator, or Father. I will continue on with Träumend.
Oct 3, 2010 3:23 AM
Jul 2010
Before starting this anime, I though it was an original concept and as so, I expected it to be good. After the first 2 episodes, I thought I was gonna hate it. But despite not being great, it does have a high entertainment value and watching the character relationships was really nice and sweet. I think it could have been better if there were more than 12 episodes because there were so many things with an incomplete explanation... However, there is a second season so I'm assuming it will fill those plot holes.

As for the final, I thought it was good. Not great, but good nonetheless.
I hated Suigintou but like many people who commented here I kind felt bad for her in the end. It's wired to see that every doll seems to have a complex about becoming junk but she's the worst one in that field because she already thinks she's junk and tries to make up for it and convince herself that she's better than the others and become Alice so that Father loves her.
I also loved the how Shinku and Jun's relationship ended. A deep friendship... But the best thing for me to watch was the way Jun overcame his fear of going out and being seen by people and his reaction when he came home and the dolls were all arriving. Pretty funny^^

I'm just disappointed that there were so many questions left unanswered. If they all want to become Alice, why was Suigintou the only one wanting to collect the other's Rosa Mysticas? What was that "will you wind it" thing - why did Shinku got to Jun's house and Hinaichigo to Tomoe's? Where are the other dolls?

Anyway, I'll give this a 8/10 because for some reason I loved it.
Oct 13, 2010 2:36 AM
Dec 2009
I liked the whole series, I thought it was well written and had enough plot that it was still ok even after some filler episodes. My favorite character was Suigintou but I did like the semi love story with Shinku and Jun. I really wish there was more coming and that they would release it on Blu-Ray it feels incomplete and needs some better quality video.

Must have more DESU!
Oct 31, 2010 6:41 PM

Feb 2010
burn bitch burn! ;o

a walk? why don't he just go back to school damm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2010 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
Well... the characters of this anime are interesting, but the plot is rather plain. And boring. And shoujo.
Despite all that, I'm going to watch 2nd season.. Suigintou couldn't die so easily=))
Dec 7, 2010 6:19 PM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed it from beginning to end but really enjoyed last 2. At first I was a little weirded out by the love/fetish (which ever you see it as) on episode 10 with Shinku waiting with Jun for laundry, but last 2 made it seem really made it seem really sweet and I hate to say but I was rooting for them~

8.5/10 for season in general, and looking forward to season 2 ^^
Dec 9, 2010 5:09 PM

Nov 2009
OMG HOW CUTE! i almost cried cuz i thought they were gone forever X{ but yay there not! omg poor Suigintou! i always didnt like her but now i know why she was like that and i cant help but feel sorry for her! hmm oh yeah and im glad Shinu got her arm back! it was so sad but cute when she cried saying it was all right. . . that house was cute. . . oh and i loved the end! He went outside and changed his clothes! YAY! lol haha and it was so funny how Suiseiseki wanted to run away then Kun-Kun was on and everything was normal X3 hmm... Jun is really strong! Im glad he over came his fear and made it past the river of memories. . . and what i dont get is. . . how is it that Suigintou was the first doll made and yet she was the only one uncompleted? maybe she was so far off. . . wait then why did he go away? idk its weird... anyway i LOVED the anime! it was so cute funny and amazing! i cant wait for more =D WOOT!
Dec 17, 2010 5:05 AM

Jul 2010
Really thought I was gonna hate this one, but in the end i must say it was, for me, highly entertaining.
It may be weird for a boy to, well, love a doll, but there is weirder stuff out there, so I just kinda ignored she was a doll.

Especially the last episode was great imo, however they did ruin a few moments, like when Suigintou was destroyed... I seriously was sad, because even if she never really had depth just the last few seconds made up for that.
BUT THEN they f-ing had to explain that? Why? That was so unnecessary!
Well, overall I really liked this show, 8/10, and I'm definitely gonna watch season 2.
Jan 12, 2011 2:17 AM

Mar 2009
The ending suits the series well.
Jan 19, 2011 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
I almost cried.
Jan 19, 2011 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
The ending was great. And they continue happily ever after. I love Shinku
Feb 15, 2011 11:17 PM

Jan 2011
Finish watching this on 14th February 00:30 ( in my time).
Very Romantic indeed. This series( expecially the final) taught me lots of thing.

After finished part 1, I learn something important in this moment...
-What would you feel, if you see a part which you never see from someone you know? Jun just show me how to keep believe and stay( with Shinku)

When part 2 almost done, Peach-Pit show that bad person also has good side even love. When they use their love to hurt people, it's the way to embrace their feeling.

Fi-na-le
Rozen Maiden not only teach and show me beautiful things.
It also give me something that I desire to... 'laught'. Now I can laught freely without any weight.

Is a forbidden thing to post a promotion here, but if you mind to join
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rozen-Maiden/131318233595261?v=wall

How do I puts my signature without have to copy the link everytime I posted?
HyoroemonMar 6, 2011 4:41 AM
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Feb 23, 2011 12:41 AM
Feb 2011
i really enjoyed this show.
to say it in other words i enjoyed it so much even tho im a tuff guy
May 25, 2011 2:05 AM

Feb 2011
I was hoping that jun will help suigintou too since he have the magical ability to sew.

Well nice ending I enjoyed the whole episodes, hina-chan is my most fav. ^^ can't wait to see her in Rozen Maiden: Träumend
Jun 8, 2011 5:42 PM

Aug 2010
It was good. I wonder what season 2 will bring. Also, I don't get how desu became a meme. It was cute but I don't get why it became popular.
Sep 5, 2011 4:25 PM
Aug 2011
I like the wnding but the story line is too slow... 8/7
Apr 2, 2012 10:18 PM

Feb 2012
That punch. Wow.

I would like to see an Alice Game that's actually played by more than one doll, like games should be played. This season was very reminiscent of the F/sn anime -- that is, more boring than it should've been given the concept. Still, I love all five dolls so far and will watch Traumend just to see more of them and meet the other two.
Jun 9, 2012 9:21 AM

Jan 2012
well... i went into this anime not knowing much, and not expecting much i guess overall I was more pleased than I was disappointed but it was still mediocre for me, a 6 is a fair judgement. I loved Hina and her cuteness, even grew to like Shinku and Jin... (although their relationship is just weird and that put me off) the ending felt a tad rushed, and not as 'epic' as i thought it would be. But I did like the original concept, and most of the characters so I will watch the second series eventually just to see if it improves.
Jun 21, 2013 2:09 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Could have been better. The art was decent, comedy value was decent, but I felt bad for Suigintou.

7/10
Jul 6, 2013 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
8/10
Liked almost every minute of it
Jul 8, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
7/10
Good series but could've been better.
Jul 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
I like how instead of just being an arrogant little brat, like most of the aristocrat/vampire/deities that appear in most other anime, Shinku actually acts high-class. It's nice when a character actually walks the walk instead of just running their mouth.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jul 19, 2013 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
Shinku actually was hella kawaii in this episode when she was crying and after the battle with Sugintou. I like Sugintou's tenacity however despite she was the bad guy...well misunderstood.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Jul 30, 2013 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
Suiseiseki nyasha desu.
Jul 30, 2013 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly, I was quite weirded out by the whole human-doll relationship when I first started watching but I gotta say... the characters have really grown on me. ^^ Even Hina Ichigo, whom I couldn't stand in some episodes. By that end scene with them all back together, I truly realized just how much I'd grown to like them. A touching finish to the first season. ^^
Sep 15, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2011
First of all, I freaking love Jun's character development throughout the series, that made the series for me, not Shinku, not Hina Ichigo, not Suiseiseki, not Souseiseki, not Suigintou, not Tomoe, not the sister, but Jun.

First half of this episode was.. not sure what to think about it, maybe because I don't like battles in this show? It was okay, but kinda cliche? Sudden power up? How did Suiseiseki and Souseiseki get back their powers?

Second half was awesome. The bond between Shinku and Jun, how Jun has grown in these 12 episodes, loved that he went out of his house by his own will, and will never hide anymore >hope he goes to school though< And his chemistry with Shinku/Tomoe. Jun's relationship with Shinku is fine as it is, hopefully it won't become something romantic, as for Tomoe, sure would like it if it becomes something romantic :) Hmm enough of that! Head to season 2! :)

Edit: Why the hell those dolls are so obsessed with becoming the "Alice"? That's one thing I cannot understand. Because they love their "father"? Hmm I am not convinced.

Edit 2: BGM is da best. It was so fitting when it was played near the end there. <3

Edit 3: I feel bad for Suigintou. Hopefully Jun is able to "fix" her, and pull her to his side. :p
ToG25thBaamSep 15, 2013 12:49 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 21, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2013
I thought this was a pretty good anime. I felt bad for Suigintou at the end. Was it impossible for Shinku to save her, or did she choose to. Anyways, I liked this anime, and, since I'm generous, I'll give it a 10 out of 10 desu.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 4, 2013 11:59 PM

May 2012
Whoa, this is very underrated anime. Such a good and interesting anime. No wonder they get season 2.
Nov 16, 2013 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Everyone can learn something and benefit from others, in short the history of the soul, but also a hymn to not stop and get back into redoing the way back to start again.
Very simple plot but who knew how to inspire these thoughts in me, still has a lot to say and there is the potential to do, now I just have to start the second season, to know! : D
Narrative has not disfigured, with light moments alternated with more serious situations. The characters are distinct and although not all are characterized in the same way, they still have a chance to grow in the future.
Cute designs, maybe the animations are affected by the weather!
For now I can give as a final grade 7/10 waiting to see the next season.
terrablu2003Nov 16, 2013 1:55 AM
Jan 15, 2014 6:17 AM

Mar 2013
The story was a cliffhanger but this anime is awesome i look forward on rewatching it on the 2013 version...
Oct 9, 2014 12:08 AM

Feb 2013
That moment when Shinku breaks down. Aww. It'll be alright. You're not junk! Another good fight. I didn't feel bad for Suigintou until the end. Great episode! TIme to watch the next season!
Dec 6, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2012
This anime feels like a fairytale. I don't know what gives me that feeling. Probably the whole doll theory: waking up from some deep sleep, trying to become Alice, seeking for Father. It all looks strange to me, still 7/10.

By the way I'm scared of dolls brr
Jul 14, 2015 7:29 PM

Feb 2014
Really enjoyed that ending! I'm glad that Shinku and the others didn't actually have to leave!

I'll be honest, I was actually really sad to see Suigintou be incinerated like that. Not that I was rooting for the bad guy, but more so that she was an unfinished doll that wanted her father's love and tragically died because she went crazy to be accepted (but did Shinku take her Rosa Mystica???)

And yeah, I agree with Suingintou that how the other dolls besides Shinku and herself have pathetic fighting skills. She took down the other 3 easily :p

I wasn't sure whether to give this show a 7 or an 8, but the last 2 episodes definitely bumped it up to an 8. Good story, good comedy, fun characters, soundtrack wasn't bad (the OP is pretty catchy!). Although the main issue I had was that it has an action genre but THIS ISN'T AN ACTION SHOW. There are plenty of shows (yuki yuna is a hero and magic knight rayearth (just to name a few)) that have waaaaaay more action than this but aren't action genres. I was expecting more doll fights! D:

Overall I'm glad I watched Rozen Maiden. Not sure why I waiting so long to watch it though :p off to season 2!
Noodle070Jul 15, 2015 7:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
This series is better if you give it some time.
At first I thought it would be suck, but after episode 3, it got interesting.
When then off I go for second season.
Went from 6/10 to 8/10.
Jun 23, 2016 2:55 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like a moron for watching 2013 version before the original anime. Well, at least now everything makes sense. At first I thought that I am going to dislike Jun, but he is actually a pretty strong male lead, I can even relate to him.
Jul 3, 2016 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
Oh god, I really didn't like this. At all.
Sep 3, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Good brawl, shame they ruined the mood at the end by having the girls return.

Gonna be mad if Jun isn't back to school next season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 10 Discussion

aero - Jun 7, 2008

32 by aloradear »»
May 13, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jun 7, 2008

28 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 8 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

25 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 7 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

30 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden Episode 6 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

27 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.