Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2008 7:27 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After all the bitter struggles and sadness from past episodes, the first half of this one remained surprisingly upbeat. Renhard solidifies his ties with Mittermeyer and retains his strongest supporter, Mittermeyer and his wife now have a child they can raise together, and Hilda accepted the marriage proposal. Happy times :D. Then came the second half...

There's not many episodes left so the Earth cult will need to pull off something big. Losing Truniht was a blow to their operations but De Villier didn't look worried at all.

The fate of Erwin was just sick and sad. Dying of starvation is just horrible and Lansberg carrying around his remains was extremely creepy. Lansberg's change is sickening. He was one to talk big about protecting the young kaiser and restoring him to the throne. The boy would've been better off left at the castle.

At least the episode closed out like it began. There was a bit of a sentimental moment as Julian remembered everyone that was no longer with them but otherwise it was a happy time.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 25, 2009 5:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The mummy was very creepy, I didn't think Lansberg was so deranged....

Again, Karin x Julian is just too cute....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 21, 2010 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
The first half of this episode started off as somber, but then became something more lighthearted, which I enjoyed to a great degree, and then it took a turn for the, concerning, then disturbing, and then lighthearted, yet solemn. This was more or less a roller coaster within a roller coaster of a show.

I was concerned that Eva would be saddened when Wolfgang came back with Reuenthal's son, but all that went away when she and the baby were smiling at each other.

I was glad that Reinhard got the courage to pop the question again, and this time around Hilde was happy to answer. The best thing I'll get from this upcomming marriage is that the two know each other well enough that they can take on each other's faults and move right along.

Despite the hard blow to the Earth Church, De Villiers doesn't seem too concerned with the fact that he lost Trüniht. He's got one of a couple of ways to succeed, either go back and assassinate Reinhard, go after Hilde, or Wolfgang, or take a more roundabout route involving the manipulation of those around the three so that killing them will be easier to accomplish.

Learning that Erwin Josef II died in the manner that he did suddenly turned my dinner sour. If Lansberg were anything resembling a competent man, he would've ensured the health of his young kaiser. Honestly, this moment was both sickening and pitiful.

The gang down at Iserlohn sure seem to be in high spirits, celebrating the New Year and all. That rush of nostalgia that sweeped in on Julian in the last moments of the episode sure made things a little better for him.
Jul 6, 2010 4:05 PM

Feb 2010
So Hilda finally told him about the baby and how they're getting married :)
I sure hope for them that it'll last longer than Yang's marriage :/

And the decay of Langsberg and the young Kaiser was quite surprising for me and left a bad aftertaste. But DeVillier seems confident as ever. But I still think he isn't the biggest threat, I think it's Rubinsky. He might end up taking over the Earth Cult or something.

Gonna beinteresting, the year just started :)
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2010 6:42 AM

Apr 2008
Apart from the bit with the dead little emperor, the episode was quite cheerful (almost too?). at least, Lonhengramm acknowledges his affection for Mariendorf, and they go well together
Sep 26, 2010 4:59 PM

May 2010
This was a good episode, it was touching to see Mittermeyer and his wife adopt Reuental's child and possibly along with that boy. But the thing with Landsberg and Erwin's body was just creepy and disturbing. Even though this is just a cartoon, the mummified body and news that he starved to death was very depressing. I really like how LOGH touches upon subjects that are often used in other anime and live action tv shows, but it somehow is able to execute so well that only so few shows have been able to despite being an anime
ZakuHeadSep 26, 2010 5:04 PM
Dec 3, 2010 6:51 AM

Jan 2010
i just observed something really weird about the OP clip...this is just an assumption,i'm not sure of it,but notice...

anyways...

wow someone told me a few months ago that i'm going to feel sorry about that kid...yeah he was a brat but to die like that?:

this was a very touching episode,from Mittermeyer's return,to Reinhard's 2nd proposal to FPA's new year's eve party with Jullian imagining how would everything look like if yang,bucock and the others were still alive ;(

5/5,and i'm actually feeling very sorry that there's only 11 episodes left :(
i wonder how will it all wrap up,i think there's still time for a twist
clannad4everDec 3, 2010 1:15 PM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 15, 2011 12:20 PM

May 2010
I wish Mittenmeyer had a child of his own.

Wait, that kid is still "alive"?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 17, 2011 1:49 PM
Nov 2010
lol I totally forgot about that kid.

I'm sensing a big tragedy in the last 10 episodes, it's way too "peaceful" right now.
Mar 18, 2011 10:18 PM
Jul 2010
This happiness is going to break down so hard. No one in LotGH has ever gotten what they wanted without losing everything they care about, and even more common than that is a sense of hollow, worthless victory. Even in this happy episode they couldn't get by without flashing a mummified child.
Dec 21, 2011 5:50 PM
Feb 2011
The great peaceful scenes of Mittermeyer and Eva expanding their family were not at all setting me up for the SHOCK of remembering the child Kaiser Erwin Josef. I first thought the man running away was him, but then I thought it hasn't been THAT long. Then I saw the bag and I was like "What the FUCK?!" That was absolutely disgusting, and rather sad on the ragged aristocrat's part.
Feb 5, 2012 4:57 AM

May 2009
The conversation between Reinhard and Mittermeyer brought tears to my eyes.
Reuenthal's baby is adorable; I hope his new parents remain alive to see him through adulthood. :/
Feb 19, 2012 1:56 AM

Sep 2009
Mittemyer. Please survive. Please.
You and your family need you.
Mar 17, 2012 12:09 AM

Aug 2010
Athena said:
Jul 15, 2013 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
Robinlust said:
Athena said:

Me 3.

And when Mittermeyer saw the baby after, it's like he realized he has something to live for.

Just amazing. Truly amazing.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Aug 7, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
I'm really liking Eva.

Bravo episode, things are finally taking a positive turn.
Oct 2, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2009
Kind of happy development (Wanted this to happen) . . . However I can't shake the feeling now, that the Terraists will target Hilda. If they succeeded I wonder what would happen to Reinhard, he would probably lose it.
Jan 27, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
Did Erwin Josef starve because none would help him, or because Lansberg was too anti-commoner to ask the commoners for help?

Whatever the reason, it's just terrible.
Feb 18, 2014 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Erwin Josef starving gave me goosebumbs, in a bad way. Otherwise, a happy episode. Mittermayer has such a hot waifu. Everyone in this show does, actually.
May 8, 2014 12:06 AM

Sep 2008
Lansberg does not allow commoners to touch Erwin, but guy apparently didn't give food to his kaiser when Erwin was dying. That's some great respect there to your kaiser, Lansberg. :P
Aug 12, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2013
It seems like the arch bishop and co and the only ones truly painted as villains in this series, that generic throw back of the head and laugh to the ceiling was just... I thought they'd give a little more development to their figurehead.

The conversation between Reinhard and Mittermeyer was so moving, the last of the group. I'm going to 10/10 done if Mittermeyer and Hilda don't live out to see the end of this series.

Another focus on Emil serving Reinhard tea there, more pointing to some form of long term poisoning?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 22, 2014 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
That little Kaiser got screwed over pretty badly.
Dec 18, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
That redhead chick (whose name I don't even bother to remember) is getting annoying.
Feb 5, 2015 10:14 PM
Aug 2011
Qatami said:
That redhead chick (whose name I don't even bother to remember) is getting annoying.

Yeah Julian and whatsherface are one of the lowest points of the series for me. Sadly.
Mar 16, 2015 6:25 AM

Aug 2014
The parts with Hilda and Reinhart and Karin and Julian were cute.
Jun 6, 2015 11:07 AM
Nov 2014
So much happen in the episode lel, I'm excited and happy at the same time to see Reinhard getting married tho. Dis series is almost over ;_;
Jun 22, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2012
She told she was pregnant and said yes to his proposal! Yes! Great development with a lovely ending. I do wonder if we'll see some romance development between those two as well! Let's see what happens next!
Jun 23, 2015 11:47 AM

May 2011
Every scene with Mittermyer in this episode got me. Raising Oskar's child; the general concept, and the execution of it all was simply beautiful. Both Reinhard and Mittermyer have lost their best friend. Happy news for Reinhard, but bad news for the Earth Cult.

The new year party from the Iserlohn crew made me finally realize that we're at the final arc.

Let's see this journey through until the end, LOGH.
Jul 28, 2015 11:27 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Omg, I'm so happy that Mittermeyer and Eva are taking care of Felix. :)

Love the meaning behind his name too. I'm sure he will grow up loving his real father than resenting him.
Jul 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Dec 2013
Other than the rotting dead kid this episode was a very happy episode. Mittermeyer is very lucky to have such an understanding wife :)
Dec 29, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2012
Mittenmeyer's wife is just adorable . Pretty happy episode. I like those bittersweet scenes near the end with Juilian remembering all the people from the past that were important to him as they had new years celebration.

Looks like the Terraists are the only ones left.. Have no idea what they are planning now but they've been building it for quite some time , other than the obvious of them wanting to get rid of Reinhard at this point.

Defintely this last season hasn't been up to par with the previous 3 seasons of the anime sadly. Julian's group is living in the shadow of yang really, Reuntal and the Earth Cult aren't as exciting as the civil wars , main conflict , and Yangs story. If I rated them individually I'd probably go something like this :

- Season 1 : 8/10
- Season 2 : 10/10
- Season 3 : 9/10
- Season 4: 6/10

Still 11 episodes left for season 4 to really redeem itself for me. Especially if the ending of the anime is really well done.
Jan 30, 2016 4:59 AM

Dec 2012
In contrast to the previous episode, this one was overflowing with warmth and joy. Eva interacting with Felix was too precious, part of me would like to see him as a young man at this point. As for Hilda, I noticed she seems more effeminate now. The moment when she accepted Reinhard's proposal and held hands with him just made it all.

It's sad for Josef since he was still just a child, but the whole thing with Lansberg had my jaw dropped in pure hysteria. Fucking LOL when the guard pointed his gun at the corpse, I just lost it at that point.
Jun 24, 2016 6:22 PM

Aug 2014
OMG, I mean the Joseph was a little douche yes, but he did not deserve this death at ALL!

I'm very happy though that Reinhard and Hildegarde are officially going to tie the knot.
Aug 3, 2016 9:50 PM

Jun 2016
Argh, 99 episodes done, just a tenth left. Like all good things, I don't want this to end.
Nov 12, 2016 5:02 AM

Aug 2014
Another excellent episode, at this point i'm loving everything in the anime lol.
So finally they are getting married, hope it ends well.
Jan 1, 2018 9:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Felix Wittenmyer!!!! This boy now has a family!!!
Feb 27, 2018 1:16 AM

May 2016
I feel sorry for the Kaiser he didn't deserved that death.
May 3, 2018 8:26 PM
Jul 2017
The scene between Reinhard and Mittermeyer made me cry
do me a kabe-don
May 21, 2018 3:34 AM
Apr 2018
RIP Kaiser Joseph. You know what? Screw that kid. I reckon he starved himself because he couldn't eat ivory woodpecker or phoenix wings or something fancy and wouldn't eat regular food. Schumacher is out there still though...

Happy for the Mittermeyers.... But I still think they may end up in tragedy.

Problems in the Earth Cult... They are going to target Reinhard. Hopefully Hilde will be okay. At last Hilde accepted the proposal. And we got a rare shot of Annerose.... Right before her potential assassination...At least I hope that plot wasn't dropped.

Rubinsky should just retire. The Earth Cult are doing everything for him anyway.

Dance of the Hours played at Iserlohn! One of my favourite classical pieces.

Power rankings:
1) The Empire. Things look great for them.... Things will surely turn bad then.
2) Julian. Same as above....
3) Rubinski- You know I was thinking him and the Earth Cult are a lot like the Empire and Alliance. Except he only answers to himself and they almost seem like a democracy right now... Anyway the fact he is alone means he can't betray himself so he's ahead of the Cult for now.
4) Earthies. Problems arising here...
5) Goldenbaums... OH DEAR GOD! Well Josef is dead... But one guy is still out there...

MVP: Mittermeyer for finally getting a happy moment.
Nov 12, 2018 8:01 PM

Feb 2017
One of the most touching episodes in the series, with three relationships being strengthened (Mittermeyer+Reinhard, Mittermeyer family, and Reinhard+Hilda). Absolutely beautiful...except for the child Kaiser corpse later on.
Nov 22, 2018 8:21 AM
Apr 2018
It was a sad ending for the Goldenbaum line. I guess it couldn't have ended any better than that though.
Aug 22, 2019 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
Poor jewelries . . . . . . . . . . Sad
Nov 29, 2019 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
Finally Reinhard and Mariendorf

RIP, at least nothing of value was lost with the brat's death

Now the Terrarist and Rubinsky surely won't just sit tight after this
"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Some good vibes during the first half. Mittermeyer adopted Felix (and that boy too I assume) and Reinhard and Hilda will get Married, that's how I would picture the perfect happy ending xD

That Josef met such a tragic fate was pretty fucked up on the other hand.

But anyways, happy new year!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2020 2:55 PM
Sep 2017
JohnWoo said:

MVP: Mittermeyer for finally getting a happy moment.

How about Heinrich, the other kid that Mittermeyer adopted into his family, who apparently has been nursing the baby this whole time xD

I was wondering how dutiful he is, suddenly thrown this kind of side assignment of looking after a small baby, bet he didn't expect that from his work ahah. Well he seems happy enough to have been doing it. Sill, funny they didn't pick a nurse from the ship or so.

But ahh, Mittermeyer family will be so cute, with the 4 of them ^^ I would watch slice of life of Mittermeyer family.
Jan 1, 2021 9:48 PM
Jun 2017
This was quite a bitter sweet episode. It was filled with hope in every way, as Reinhard will finally get married with Hilda, who is also pregnant with the successor to the throne. The Mittermeyers also got what they had been longing for so long, with their new two children. There are no wars in sight nor armies to be fought, and peace seems to be approaching from the horizon.

However, this episode wasn't at all pink coloured. The fate of the last Kaiser of the Goldenbaum Dynasty, Erwin Josef II, was heartbreaking. Once the most powerful (young) man in the universe, he ended his life in an unknown place, far away from the riches he always knew, far from home.

His' can easily be marked as the saddest death of all of the series. Indeed, he didn't have as much charisma or emotional weight like other characters (Yang, Kircheis, Bucock, Reuental, etc), but the main difference between him and them is that he was just a mere innocent boy, whose biggest worry in the world was most likely his next playing session. Almost all of the deceased were soldiers who constantly put their lives on the line, or people like Jessica Edwards who also willingly took part on risky situations. But Erwin Josef II was just a child that was always the most luxurious puppet. Used as an excuse to start a futile civil war, he was tossed aside by everyone and picked up again only when he was useful. The Lippstadt War, the Legitimate Government, the Operation Ragnarök. A shame that he couldn't at least have a normal life.

Even if the future looks bright, there cannot be light without shadows. The Terraism Remnant has showed that it indeed has a lot of power, and it shouldn't be overlooked. After all, many wars have started by the wrong man being in the wrong place at the wrong moment. Yang's death and Reuental's Revolt were proof of this. I wonder if Reinhard and Julian could team up in order to take revenge against them.
Apr 27, 2021 9:27 PM

Oct 2015
Not gonna lie, child emperor Erwin's dead body was F---Ed up.

How the hell didn't that noble feed him?!
Jun 20, 2021 7:18 PM

Feb 2021
Man I did not meant to click that I hated this episode, it was so freaking sweet all over the place from Mittermeyer and his wife, Hilda and Reinhard, and the Alliance celebrating New Year's. But man was Landsberg carrying around the dead body of Erwin Josef II creepy, always wondered what happened to him after his government failed. I just wonder how the next 11 episodes will go, in retrospect, that's not a lot of time for things to end, but I just know it's gonna be a doozy of an ending.
Oct 23, 2021 8:54 AM

Jan 2020
Poor little kaiser, seeing his body made my stomach turn.
astoneonOct 23, 2021 9:02 AM
man.
Mar 15, 2022 3:52 PM

Jul 2016
SuperSaiyen said:
lol I totally forgot about that kid.

I'm sensing a big tragedy in the last 10 episodes, it's way too "peaceful" right now.

They are cleaning up the loose ends it seems towards the big finale.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

80 by ryzxgum »»
May 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Which side had the more compelling cast of characters to you?

bucciest - Sep 21, 2023

6 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:45 PM

» How can anyone seriously think Yang is better than Reinhard?

AR550 - Nov 16, 2023

23 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

62 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.