Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2016 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
I refuse to believe it was Reuental who caused this... Just why would he!?
Jun 24, 2016 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
Fucked up that Lutz had to die like that :/
Jul 11, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2016
I know right. I mean, Death was probably like "Ok so injury to the heart here, a shot in the head, hmmm how about some burning wood on that back of yours, and done. Alright, take 'em away boys".

And then you have the two guys looking over at Lutz as Lutz is burning away, and one of the guy debating if he should shoot him one last time just for good measures, and the other guy just shaking his head like, "No bruh..." is just. Is just. REALLY FKING REALLY NOW? The guy was going to bleed to death or go in shock just from the first wound to the heart alone, I mean c'mon now. Poor Lutz.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Nov 10, 2016 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
Excellent episode, one of the best so far.
Reinhard keeps proving why he is the best character in the series.
I dont care if the betrayal wan't logical, it messed things up and created an intense atmosphere in the show.
Very engaging plot, the risk was taken and i approve of it xD.
Jan 16, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2016

Even when standing on the edge of dying Reinhard still show no sign of fear nor hesitation, truly lives up to what makes a real king, a rea leader, to stand above all else. This is also the reason why he gained so many soldier's admiration, proof is that a traitor turned his flag the instance he saw Reinhard standing in front of them.

Reinhard is a shining statue that many men aspire to be, respect and admire him, which is why Lutz didn't hesitate to sacrifice himself, to die in protecting the most powerful being in the universe is perhaps many men's dream in the Imperial side. He died standing, pointing the gun at his enemies and scare them at the same time, you can't get a more beautiful death than this. Salute to the man.
Jun 19, 2017 5:52 AM
Nov 2011
Moon2013 said:
Thanks for pointing that out. I somehow sensed it must have been based on something from history.

It was a great episode - but alas, it makes no sense, just like the episode before and after it. Think about it: if there were rumors about Reuental's rebellion, he could have simply chose to ignore them. There are rumors every day. What Reuental did was borderline retarded. He fell into the trap like a nitwitt. Even after the Uruwasi incident, why didn't he simply send an appology to Reinhard? Why didn't he explain himself? More so, wouldn't the soldiers immediately arrest Reuental after he publicly made his decision to rebel against Reinhard? Too much of a plot gimmick.

Dec 29, 2017 6:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bye, bye Lutz!!
And now is Julian´s turn to change it!!!
Feb 26, 2018 9:06 AM

May 2016
Next time you see someone waving at his fiancé before they tame off that's when the death flag rises RIP Lutz I hoped that he could escape that chaos like Rambo movies but I was mistaken sadky.

Julian got more characters development this episode I never used to hate more like I was fine with him being there like Emil is with Reinhard, watching Yang soul sitting on that chair so peacefully makes me want to hear his voice so badly, and I miss his brandy and tea so much.
May 19, 2018 2:52 PM
Apr 2018
RIP Lutz!

Sad to see him go out like that just as I'd grown to like him.

We know Reuental had nothing to do with it, and so does Reinhard but now Reuental may be forced into protecting himself if the Kaiser tries anything. I think this had to be Rubinski. The Earth Cult brainwash people. Rubinski would just pay them off.

Power standings
1) Empire. Another admiral down though.
2) Reuental. Done nothing wrong but may have to protect himself.
3) Julian. May attack Reuental from the other side and team with Reinhard in a bid for independent status.
4) Rubinski
5) Earth Cult
6) Goldenbaums.

MVP: Lutz. Poor guy.
Nov 12, 2018 9:43 AM

Feb 2017
Haha, as soon as there is a threat to Reinhard's life, his flair for badassery returns. That cape swoosh said it all.
Nov 26, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2012
Seems like those soldiers are a bit confused

RIP Lutz, another admiral died again
"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
Reinhard with the big cojones.

And Lutz death was also great. His poor fiance, tho, he didn't think of her at all during his last moments, all the love for his Kaiser.

Also no proof that it was Reuenthal who initiated the attack.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2020 3:19 AM
Mar 2016
NOOOOOOOO!! Lutzzz!!! Why do all the good guys have to die first?! One of the saddest deaths in the series. Reinhard should have just stayed put on Phazzan, but his pride wouldn't allow him.

I hope all the Enemies of the Empire die a horrible death, that'd be soo satisfying. Douche Earth Cult and Rubinsky included. Hope Ruental wasn't involved in this or else he needs to die too. I'm Still not sure whats his deal, he's Two sided just like his Eyes lol.

Awesome Episode tho. RIP Lutz, u shall be remembered ;-;

I have a baaad feeling abt this...
Dec 28, 2020 10:37 PM
Jun 2017
The worst happened, and now another death flag is flying at half mast in honor of High Admiral Lutz. He died a most honorable death. What a pity for his fiancee, though her appearance definitely consecrated his death flag.

Reuental has finally revolted against the Kaiser. Now I cannot help but feel contempt against him again. Oberstein was right, damn.

"Shoot me! There is only one Reinhard von Lohengramm, and there is only one man will be remembered for killing me. Who wants to be that man?" reminded me very much about Napoleon's encounter with Marshal Ney's 5th regiment after he returned from Elba, when he said "Here I am. Kill your Emperor, if you wish."

It was very good to see Reinhard displaying his magnanimity with the Corporal. It saddens me to see people scheming against the best ruler that mankind could ever have, given this circumstances.

So Bittenfeld was right with his foreshadowing. The Fortress of the Four Admirals, indeed. Lutz's death is by far the most honourable in the Imperial side, only surpassed by Kircheis' (basically the same, though it's different to sacrifice your life for a friend than to sacrifice it for your master) and topping Bucock's overall.
PaulotronatorDec 28, 2020 10:42 PM
Aug 6, 2021 8:51 PM

Jun 2020
almost feels like it aint reuenthal but da alliance actin like its fo sho so idk 🤔🤔🤔
Sep 4, 2021 3:17 PM

Dec 2018
i saw this coming when they showed him and his fiance before leaving
sad
but seriously, oh shit we have to leave, i'll stay behind, no me, no me, hey me too
like, if time is of the essence just go already
also i'm sick of julian and that entire band of idiots, clearly too stupid to consider that this is a product of the same shadow force that killed yang
like, not even considering it
still hasn't looked at the damn disc, nah just "democracy whether you like it or not just because"
StateofOhayoSep 4, 2021 3:22 PM
Sep 22, 2021 7:08 PM
Feb 2016
Wow, honestly really upset that Lutz had to go like that... It was beautifully done though I almost teared up. We were getting to know him more and depend on him a lot lately it's so sad to see him go :/ His last words with the Kaiser were awesome and he went out with a bang. Rip to a real hero we'll never forget you bro
Jan 28, 2022 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
KashKetchum said:
Fucked up that Lutz had to die like that :/

Was always coming after his nice wave off from his fiancee last episode. This show does not do death flags well at all.
Jun 26, 2022 6:34 PM

Dec 2007
things indeed makes no sense lol.
earth cult aka rubinsky didn't planned to kill reinhard in the rebellion. but here the soldiers had been guaranteed they would get huge amount of money to kill him. so rather than the characters guess, as the watcher you can't guess enough that either rubinsky knew reinhard won't killed miraculously. or that it's really reunthal rebellion.
with all that being said, i really wants to see reuntal view that he isn't related to this at all lol.
though i believe even if this will be the case, he will still be charged being traitor, so he will use the situation for that. so he will be rubinsky's pawn.
it will be surprising if it won't happen, considering the narrator spoilering very early that reuntal and myetmyer won't see drink wine again. the only possible way for this not to happen, is rather reunthal making suicide, or rather being locked up by reinhard.

if yang's death was weird, lutz was weirder. will he gets to valhala or not because the tree killed him and not soldiers? lol.
at any rate it was rather expected due the fiance's goodbye. it's not the first time lol.

i'm finding julian growing good in this season. i may guess that his actions will turns all rubinsky's/earth cult speculations in 180 degrees.
Aug 1, 2022 7:41 AM
Jun 2022
Really eventful episode. Isenhorn’s first part was fun and witty, quite liked it.

Strong drama going on in Urvasi. Reinhard’s escape was thrilling, though I don’t think this whole incident was Reuenthal’s ideia. There’s something fishy there.

RIP Lutz. He seemed like a decent guy and an accomplished admiral. However his death was totally telegraph, everyone saw it coming. Very emotional tho. 4/5
Dec 19, 2022 11:14 AM

May 2018
rip Lutz T_T fighting to the very end
Feb 19, 2023 11:51 PM

Aug 2018
What an intense episode this has been, I must say I havent felt like this for quite some time in this anime

Reinhard arriving at that planet really was a big mistake to begin with, the fact that he was so outnumbered and still managed to flee is really a miracle and proof of how amazing his subordinates are.

Can't just not mention Lutz sacrifice and all clever moves from Reinhard specially with that speech to soldiers about that only one of them can claim the glory of killing him. The whole episode has been a damn epic one, If you watched Gaiden you will know how he met Lutz and that.

What an episode...
Mar 13, 2023 3:58 AM

Jul 2017
The death of lutz was one of the most intense of the serie for me, I cried, very powerful episode
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Aug 29, 2023 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusAug 31, 2023 2:10 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 12, 2023 5:36 PM

Aug 2019
Whew, I can breathe a sigh of relief...for now.
Sep 15, 2023 7:24 AM

Nov 2019
The way they accurately killed their own soldier, they could have sniped Kaiser lol. Talk all about his subordinates providing cover, but they are firing from a tree.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 7, 6:36 PM
Dec 2018
The episode revolves around the terrorists' pursuit of Reinhard and his team and discusses Reenthal's involvement in this war
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

80 by ryzxgum »»
May 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Which side had the more compelling cast of characters to you?

bucciest - Sep 21, 2023

6 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:45 PM

» How can anyone seriously think Yang is better than Reinhard?

AR550 - Nov 16, 2023

23 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

62 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.