Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2011 2:03 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty awesome battle, but I hope to find out in the next episode about Emeraude and Zagato.
Jul 17, 2011 6:30 AM

Nov 2010
I heard that this episode and the last episode were aired in a row at a time. Probably it comes that the last half of this episode tells a bit of the hidden truth. So you should think of these two episodes as one. There is no comical mood in these two episodes at all. Magic Knights confront Zagato and magnificent battle begins with splendid music. You should hear the cry from the bottom of his heart and his contented expression would be engraved on your memory.
Oct 15, 2011 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
Very good episode. I'm hoping the next episode reveals a little bit more of the truth, too.
Feb 3, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
Hmm maybe Emeraude and Zagato are lovers??? Seems that way

Pretty cool mecha battle. From the OP sequence I guessed that Zagato had a Rune-God as well but I wonder how he made it in the first place, or where he even got it. Hopefully this last episode comes up with some answers!

Good guys defeat the bad guy by screaming MAKENAI!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2011
I SHOULD'VE KNOWN. THE PRINCESS IS PROBABLY GOING TO TURN INTO SOME EVIL CREATURE, ZAGATO, YOU IDIOT. I had a strong feeling that the princess and he were in love, but this cements it.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
AngelicTotoro said:
I SHOULD'VE KNOWN. THE PRINCESS IS PROBABLY GOING TO TURN INTO SOME EVIL CREATURE, ZAGATO, YOU IDIOT. I had a strong feeling that the princess and he were in love, but this cements it.

Yesss, me too. Same same same.
Jun 23, 2017 3:17 AM

Nov 2011
Yep. I'm 99% that Zagato whispered to the Emeraude that he loved her.

Based on Zagato's words in this episode, Clef's statement about the "true enemy", and the preview I'm going to guess that this was probably all a massive plan to free Emeraude. It was shown before that she didn't have to pray incessently until some point when Ferio was still a young boy.

I wonder what caused this state and where the true problem lies.

Looking forward to the second half of the finale.
Dec 27, 2018 5:47 AM

May 2018
And of course, Zagato also has his own cool robot.
And damn that was an awesome fight.
Zagato dies and unfortunately Emeraude goes apesh*t! looks like she's the real final boss.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 15, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2017
Well, that happened. lol I was expecting a more epic death for Zagato, but the girls combining their mecha powers will have to do I suppose.

Looking forward to the last episode of this season! I hope it sheds light on Zagato and Princess Emeraude's relationship
Feb 24, 2021 1:18 PM

Nov 2015
women harassment is significant in this series :( do not recommend it, 3/10.

đź’˘

Jul 1, 2022 7:44 AM

Jan 2020
Fuu doesn't need glasses anymore because her heart willed it, god dammit. I wanna not need glasses anymore because my heart wills it.

Zagato's motivation seems to be a bit weak. I mean, it was for someone he loved, but still. I didn't get the impression that Emeraude was suffering or being mistreated. What exactly was he trying to free her from? She seemed to be fine.

Otherwise, the battle was a bit anti-climatic too. Just one big blast countered with another. I kind of wish they started battling outside of the robots and then jumped into them to finish.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Apr 2024
Zagato's VA in the english dub isn't very good at being angry, imo. Otherwise, banger episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 11 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Dec 31, 2010

12 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.