Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2011 2:56 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another wonderful episode. I really liked how they had a slower instrumental version of the theme song playing as the last scene finished. It added a really nice touch.
Jun 4, 2011 8:46 PM

Jul 2007
Definitely the worst episode yet from this series. I'm seen relatively smart thoughts from these girls in every battle thus far, but their resistance to using magic at all even against the bat thing PRIOR to it capturing Umi was terrible even for a shoujo fantasy show.

Additionally, I'm very confident we've gotten an explanation before about the swords being specifically made for one person, so going the flashback and reutterance of it was really boring. Their reactions to trying to hold each other's sword was funny but they wasted a lot of time on it that could have been spent elsewhere.

"Was the fire hot?" >_< Really?

Lastly, I liked the Lafarga fight but he had a lot of unnecessary lines too once the battle was done.

Thus, I only liked a few things out of this episode (one definitely being the slower instrumental version of the theme) but really disliked it as a whole. I've been enjoying this series thus far as an 8/10 as it's a cliche fantasy done well, but hopefully (from me), we don't get an episode like this again. (atm 7/10 unless things get back up to par)
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 15, 2011 10:14 AM

Dec 2009
It was an alright episode. I got a little bored with it though lol
Feb 2, 2015 6:16 PM

Feb 2014
Hmm interesting concept with the swords that can each only be used by one magic knight.

Yeah I wonder why they didn't use magic in the fights this episode. They are magic knights after all :p

Based on the OP sequence, I'm thinking that Hikaru's Rune-God is gonna be a horse or something. It kinda looks like it has a mane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 7:51 PM
Dec 2014
I just wanted to say how jealous I am of Mokona.

Not only does he get to hang out with cute girls he/she/it also seems to be on some seriously funnny mushrooms. Living the life!
Jun 23, 2017 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, there were definitely some derp moments in this episode, namely that their refusal to use magic when that was the obvious choice. Seeing what happens when someone tries to use their swords was neat, but their confusion at that was meh.

I can't tell if we're rushing to save Cephiro this season or putting it off 'till next season at this point.
Dec 26, 2018 6:23 AM

May 2018
Well, only the knights being able to use their specific sword is a nice security (so it can't be stolen) and also a negative (as seen here, they can't borrow each other's weapons)

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 5, 2019 10:10 PM
Feb 2019
Is it just me, or did Mokona go from "Puu pu-puu" to "Baa ba-baa" for a bit there?
Oct 12, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2017
Another intense episode. It's a bit ironic since Umi and Fuu thought of Hikaru as some grade schooler when they first met, but she's willing to protect and put her life on the line for them as if she was a big sister
Feb 12, 2021 8:29 PM

Nov 2015
Welp, that leaves a shit aftertaste finding out that Zagato is a freaking pedo, grooming on this 16 year old princess :P seriously wtf now i want these two to die already, awful couple. 3/10. tbh it also bored me to death when i was a child like there's better storytelling in rpg animes nowadays... i would describe magic knight as a shallow anime. gorgeous designs but that's not enough tho

💢

Jul 1, 2022 4:58 AM

Jan 2020
The swords not obeying anyone but their specific knight is cool, but at the same time that seems super inconvenient. Basically if Umi hadn't been saved there is a chance that her sword could be lost forever because no one would've been able to pick it up. Presumably any time Cephiro had another earthquake the blade could've slipped between cracks in the earth and poof. I feel like the other knights should be able to wield the weapons, just not random people.

I feel like Lafarga could've just teamed up with the girls, even if only for a little bit. He probably could've helped them improve their swordmanship, even if only by a little bit.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 9, 2023 5:04 PM

Jul 2021
Berry-Vodka said:
Welp, that leaves a shit aftertaste finding out that Zagato is a freaking pedo, grooming on this 16 year old princess :P seriously wtf now i want these two to die already, awful couple. 3/10
When is it implied Zagato is in love with the princess? Or I just didnt pay attention?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.