Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2010 8:19 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aporia is being his cheating self and heartless to boot stop targeting the twins just for your enjoyment and duel fair for once.

Dec 29, 2010 7:36 PM

Jun 2010
Aporia was being annoying. Now I wonder how Jack & the twins are gonna win.
Dec 30, 2010 3:41 AM

Jun 2010
Finally, some God damned character development for Lua. Go kick his ass, Lua!
Dec 30, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Best. Episode. Ever.

Seriously. Awesome animation, Aporia being such an asshole with Rua {oooh, finally, character development!}, it's not ~magic~ that is going to kill the loser of the duel, Jack reusing Power Giant o: and I really wonder how Jack and the twins are gonna win too. Also...the preview for the next episode. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

It's a shame that 5D's is getting that better in the last episodes >__> why did they have to waste so many episodes with that lame WRGP/fillers?
Dec 31, 2010 12:53 PM

Jun 2010
Could you tell me where you watched it?
GoldenUmi haven't his Subs yet and I can't wait to watch D:<
Jan 2, 2011 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
this is the kind of duel where Black Winged Dragon would actually be USEFUL D=
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 3, 2011 8:12 PM

Jul 2009
Ozelot said:
Could you tell me where you watched it?
GoldenUmi haven't his Subs yet and I can't wait to watch D:<

I found it on Youtube, but I forgot who subbed...D: also...I think it got deleted like 10 minutes after I watched it.

Dudewitbow said:
this is the kind of duel where Black Winged Dragon would actually be USEFUL D=

...Hell yeah. Too bad Crow was busy stealing Aki's spotlight ):
Jan 4, 2011 8:45 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, I totally enjoyed that episode! Aporia is so relentless...

Hard too see my poor sweet little Ruka take so much damage though >_<

Loving the life or death tension here and how Rua ruined Jack's whole stategy and caused his sister to take twice as much damage due to Aporia reversing Rua's effects ^_^

Honestly... this battle seems completely and utterly lost. Can't wait to see what Rua comes up with
Jan 6, 2011 5:47 PM

Sep 2010
RUA YOU GOD DAMN FAILURE, JUST GTFO.
That's pretty douche-y though; Aporia doesn't feel pain and he's being merciless to a poor little girl.
Jan 8, 2011 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
wow Aporia being Overkill huh? in the last episode i was happy the way aki and crow helped sherry now after one episode it suddenly becomes a depressing episode and i love it :D

probably one of the best episodes this season, both Ruka and Jack helpless, Rua thinking he's at fault at this damn just damn. 4kids will probably censor all those real life damage and stuff. damn idiots

did i just heard at the beginning of the episode where jack said don't die yet Yusei, we still have a score to settle. damn i would want a rematch between Yusei and Jack in the future :)

cannot wait how they overcome this despair. it seems aporia had enough of despair and just wants to be a killing machine. go Team 5D's :)
May 27, 2015 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Rua, Ruka, and Jack have to fight with needles in their freaking chest. What the heck. That is so scary and messed up.

Rua's doing his best to help the other two, but Aporia flips the help to deal more damage. Jack and Ruka look pretty bad, and Rua feels alone and responsible.

The episode had really nice animation. I really noticed it at the beginning with the shots of Jack, Rua, and Ruka talking and riding towards the yusei gear.
Jul 31, 2015 3:44 PM
Mar 2014
Setting the monsters instead would help...
Feb 14, 2017 4:23 AM

Jul 2008
God Rua is so useless....
Jan 20, 2018 5:24 PM

May 2015
getting pierced through the heart plus chained to the ground and if your LP hits 0 your heart stops ? talk about messed up. jesus
Feb 11, 2020 10:15 PM
Jan 2018
That ending... dang! Aporia is so cruel! Not to mention that Rua has been shown time and again he’s the worst of the 3 duelists here... but I just love that ending...
Dec 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Aug 2019
WolfWood37 said:
God Rua is so useless....

Lol how? Literally every strategy that he tried here was on point; Damage Eraser and Power-Up Adapter were the right cards for him to use in this episode, and it was only Aporia's extremely convenient cards that ruined Rua's strategies and made them hurt Ruka and Jack instead. Honestly if any character was useless here, it was Ruka for summoning such a useless monster. Even her face-down cards did nothing to help her here. :/

Aporia basically forcing Jack, Rua and Ruka to duel was cheap. It's bad enough that they couldn't escape the room, but making them feel pain with those machine attachments was cruel.
Sep 25, 2022 3:14 PM

Jan 2010
Holy crap, that was a heavy episode. It's nice seeing all the main characters get a final moment to shine in this final arc, but damn, that's a lot of despair.
Oct 20, 2022 3:34 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty brutal that Aporia is nearly piercing Leo and Luna's hearts to force them to duel. Not to mention if your life points drop to zero, then you die. The only saving grace to that is that Luna has Ancient Fairy Dragon, which should mitigate some of that threat.

Jack and Luna got fucked up. That was a pretty dark episode.

Considering Leo is the only one with a consistent machine deck though, I have a feeling he'll be integral to turning this situation around. You can do the thing Leo!

As a side note; I appreciated that Jack felt some responsibility for Luna and Leo, even going so far as to try and protect them and try to be the only one who had to risk their life. Considering Jack has been pretty annoying this whole time, it was nice to see something somewhat selfless.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 11, 10:48 PM

Sep 2017
rip the twins. especially Luna. her health isn't so good.
Aporia is ruthless because he gave up his humanity and has no more emotions. He's machine now so that's why he's so ruthless here.
Leo development? let's see what he got.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 140 Discussion

Ozelot - Dec 26, 2010

14 by samot-frt »»
May 13, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 103 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 31, 2010

13 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 102 Discussion

Grimmm - Mar 24, 2010

23 by samot-frt »»
May 1, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 154 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Mar 30, 2011

81 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 4, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 151 Discussion

Hoppy - Mar 9, 2011

33 by JustMonaka »»
Mar 3, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.