Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2010 9:03 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought this was one of the better episodes of the series so far. And it's nice to see part of Umi's life before she came to Cephiro. It's also nice to see fencing in anime for a change.
Sep 26, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2012
Only other anime I remember having fencing is Revolutionary Girl Utena. I wonder if fencing was more popular in the 90's.

I like Umi, she is awesome.
Jan 27, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
Wow I was really surprised when Alcyone didn't know where Umi was. I thought for sure that the bad guys had brought Umi into some dream world, but when it was revealed that the false Tokyo wasn't the bad guys' doing, I thought that it was actually Tokyo!

Yay now they've all evolved! I hope they revive the rune gods soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2017 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
Eh. I liked it in some senses and I didn't in others. I guess having magic that can do seemingly anything through will is a concept I don't care for. That aside it was a okay; Umi will finally stop whining about Tokyo, at least.

There are a lot of episodes I liked more than this one. The Fario episodes and the episode Presea died are still the best ones so far; after that would come the episode where Umi and Fuu gained their magic and the episode they got the Escrudo.

Since this episode aired back-to-back with the next one I'll leave it at that, though.
Sep 30, 2020 11:51 AM

Nov 2017
This was a great episode. Got to know a little more 'bout Umi and what she's passionate about. I understand her wanting to go back to Tokyo, but before they can do that, they have to save Cephiro first!
Dec 14, 2021 3:58 PM
Mar 2019
I was surprised that Ascot was given yet more screentime, together with Alcyone. A nice ep.
Umi's chibi screaming still annoys me to no end but hopefully we will get a but less of that now when she sorted her priorities.
Jun 30, 2022 11:14 PM

Jan 2020
So is Alcyone finally defeated, for real this time? We're about halfway through the series. I'm ready for these earlier villains to take their steps back. They've failed fantastically numerous times now. Let it be someone else's turn.

I liked how Umi's hilt got a dragon engraved into it. Right now her sword seems the coolest.

Looks like the mechs are finally getting introduced next episode. I'm not sure how they are going to come into play, but alright.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 22, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2015
I was getting worried when the snow hit. I can't stand Alcyone. I feel a little for Ascot. Glad to see that Umi is finally realizing that she has to safe Cephiro before she goes back home.
Jan 21, 8:17 PM

Apr 2016
Umi still the best character, they truly need her.
Ice-lady was funny for the last time but I was expecting she could take the bug-kid down with her xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.