Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2010 5:18 AM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
I'm somewhat surprised so many people loved the twincest. worst arc by far to me. just did not feel right at all. at least he thought somewhat rationally. Sora just seemed like a immature little sex crazed girl. perhaps since she had no real contact with other boys. I see no way it could last. his normal feelings for those other girls meant nothing and he really just wanted to fuck his sister? really?

I'm not insulting you but, HOW ARE YOU SURPRISED?!?!

Since the very first episode people have been wanting one thing from this show...HARUKA AND SORA HAVING SEX!!!

It's an anime, who cares if the "fictional characters" are "siblings", none of this is real, it's just for our entertainment.

C'mon we rarely see this type of stuff, not only are they siblings but they're TWINS, how can any of us resist not wanting both of them to get together when the premise of the show is for Haruka to have sex with every girl on screen...

The TWINCEST was not "forced", we could obviously see that they both "loved" each other, or at the very least they both "LUSTED" over each other.

Sora is not necessarily immature, she's just more HONEST than Haruka, she didn't care what people thought about an incest relationship, while Haruka was still thinking whether or not it was "wrong" to be with his own sister.

I personally loved the SORA arc, because she was easily the best character, it's that simple.
Dec 22, 2010 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
Well, I already posted my thoughts on the lake and whether or not Haru and Sora survived in that other thread about...whether or not Haru and Sora survived, so I'll stick with other thoughts, here (no sense retyping it all).

I have to admit, the last arc changed my mind. I was initially against Sora "getting" Haru, because of the way she was going about it. Bottling everything up, having childish outbursts, and just hoping he'd some how initiate an incestuous relationship without her giving him any inclination that's what she wanted. But as is always been true with the limited time they have to work with in this show, the Sora arc really shows the true depth behind all of that. By the end, I was on Sora's side. I'll give props to a show that can sway my opinion like that.

I was a bit put off by how they got out of the water not being explained, but again...that's all in the other thread. Suffice to say I'm glad the rest of the cast was revisited at the very end, so we could get some closure on them. I hate when I series just has the "rest" of the cast vanish before the end, so we never know their opinions on what happened.

Kozue finally got some screentime in this ep. Seems she's the only one that'll never be able to accept things the way they turned out. Though I ended up supporting Sora and Haru at the end, I kinda like the fact that the writers didn't just have everybody dreamily accept everything. Having a character like her around helped to provide counterpoint.

All in all, the series makes me want to read the manga, or nab the VN somewhere and see if I can get it to work with ATLAS/AGTH. If it evokes that desire, I'm happy with it.
Dec 22, 2010 7:09 AM
Jun 2008
Oh Ika musume saved them from the lake =)
Dec 22, 2010 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
Twincest = Wincest!!
Dec 22, 2010 8:13 AM

Mar 2010
how did they survive from the drowning?
the last part it looks like Ryouhei got the herem now haru is gone.
thats good story for season 2
Geso
-----:D
Dec 22, 2010 10:21 AM
Oct 2010
dewert said:

Considering how it went on the VN, I'm sure it was Sora who swam back to the surface carrying Haru.
Dec 22, 2010 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
it was nice, by the end i came to like Nao-chan a little too, and the end was a real happy end.. glad i picked this anime.. 5/5 and 10 points on my list.. lol
Dec 22, 2010 10:39 AM

Dec 2010
Oh right, if you want compare the anime ending with game ending a chinese guy record the entire game:
http://www.youtube.com/user/a3716150#g/c/5675D8366CE277AE

But if you don't understand japanese i guess you have difficult to understand, there is a ton of text expecially during the lake scene and after till the end (from part 51-3).

The only thing that change here is the puppet and the train, this dont' happen in the game ending. The sms is true, is Haru that send the message to Akira sister for true and is Sora that save Haru (i'm surprised she is able to do it). I conclude that the film director put on purpose these changes to make the anime ending ambiguous on purpose (or they merge 2 ending all in one).
Dec 22, 2010 11:46 AM
Oct 2010
im kinda sad its over
Dec 22, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
This anime was definitely a very well written and, to me, a very emotionally strong anime. It really disappointed me that such a great anime had to end so shortly. As for the last episode, it was definitely one of the best endings for an anime that I have seen. I was actually shocked watching the lake scene, hoping that the anime wouldn't end that way. I'm glad that it didn't and if I am correct, I believe that there is a sequel to the original game and i hope they make an anime version out of that.
My burning passion shall continue to live as long as there is one growing rose.
Dec 22, 2010 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
It was a bad final episode. I don't see why everyone loved this show. The characters were probably the most unlikeable things I've ever seen.
Dec 22, 2010 1:34 PM

Oct 2009
Maugomale said:
dewert said:

Considering how it went on the VN, I'm sure it was Sora who swam back to the surface carrying Haru.

Indeed, it was Sora. It must have been VERY difficult for her to do that, but definitely NOT impossible as some people suggest. Besides, Haru doesn't look like he weighs very much lol.
It couldn't have been anyone else either, as nobody knew that they're in the lake.
Dec 22, 2010 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
SurferDude said:
Maugomale said:
dewert said:
how did they survive from the drowning? the last part it looks like Ryouhei got the herem now haru is gone.
Indeed, it was Sora. It must have been VERY difficult for her to do that, but definitely NOT impossible as some people suggest. Besides, Haru doesn't look like he weighs very much lol. It couldn't have been anyone else either, as nobody knew that they're in the lake.
I am speculating mythologically and sticking that Sayori Hime gave Sora some kind of spiritual boost or you can go the science way and Sora's adrenaline started pumping big time. Perhaps that's why she was very exhausted. She also demonstrated that now that I think about it with how hard she drew the pot full of stew in Nao's arc and trashing her room under anger fury.

I also think Akira might have saved them but how, I am not sure less it was help from Sora.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2010 5:34 PM

Nov 2010
Ep.1 was a preview,ep.2 to 10 are trash,ep.10's last scene and ep.11 was a controversial monument of animation history,and the way they finished ep.12 was wonderful.It was wise of producers leaving whether Sora and Haru are dead or alive ambiguous carefully.

It was two years ago when I saw an illustration of Sora. Elegant face, delicate body, slender limbs, smooth and pale skin, plain but refined clothes, and above all, the fine and long platinum-colored hair caught my eyes. I've been wondered who the girl was since then and this title was aired. Although Sora can be exist without the animation's story, the animation cannot exist without Sora. This also goes for games. Of course, her background settings have the effect to stress her fragile and inorganic features, and the keywords, incest and twin, made things interesting without doubt, I admit.

Someone said that it is understandable that the girls who live in an utter rural area wanted to have some relationship and actually had relationship with a beautiful boy, such as they couldn't see even in magazines and TV screens, coming from an urban city in a summer. I totally agree with him, but without those girls, I mean the long haired rich girl and the shrine maiden and so on, OVA movie focusing on Sora's episodes should be made. In such a case, Nao and class representative should be remain as tools. And I hope they don't make Sora foolish by unnecessarily exposing her naked body.
kuroneko99Dec 22, 2010 5:51 PM
Dec 22, 2010 6:03 PM
Dec 2009
Sora is amazingggg, good ending (:
Dec 22, 2010 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
meh, there was twincest

5/10
Dec 22, 2010 10:23 PM

Aug 2008
Can't believe I'm giving this f*cked up series a good score. In the end it had good romance and a decent story and really good ecchi scenes. The soundtrack was pretty good, too. For all my damning the series before even watching it, I'm glad I didn't dump it. Nao was definitely my favorite character from the series. I somewhat pity Kozue, but hopefully she'll get over it.

Heh. I know better than to do collages for this show w/o a spoiler tag. Mega pervy.
Dec 23, 2010 3:27 AM

Nov 2010
Oh don't mind us us guys. Just two siblings commiting incest on a train. Honestly are there ever any people on that train? I would have laughed if there was one guy on the train sitting next to them saying "Get a room!".
Well anyways the ep was a good end. Kinda thought it would be like Panty and Stocking where they make a a 13th ep. It also tempted me to buy the bunny Sora owns. Then maybe give it to my kid. Actually that would be just as bad as naming my kid Sora.
Also when I saw Motoka's old boyfriend in the Omake I wanted to introduce her to the American tradition of kicking guys in the nuts. Good job Motoka for getting a younger guy. Especially at your age. Also glad Sora and Haru's dead parents were able to attend the wedding. Even though they would probably scare the guests now that there ghosts.
Dec 23, 2010 3:32 AM

Nov 2010
DonKangolJones said:
Can't believe I'm giving this f*cked up series a good score. In the end it had good romance and a decent story and really good ecchi scenes. The soundtrack was pretty good, too. For all my damning the series before even watching it, I'm glad I didn't dump it. Nao was definitely my favorite character from the series. I somewhat pity Kozue, but hopefully she'll get over it.

Heh. I know better than to do collages for this show w/o a spoiler tag. Mega pervy.

Can't believe I forgot to complement the soundtrack. Every time I hum it I feel good in so many perverse and non-perverse ways.
Dec 24, 2010 1:37 PM

Dec 2010
i loved this ending so much. i could have done with out the little vid at the end i only wanted sora and haruka together but thats just me lol
- Marissa Chan!
Dec 25, 2010 6:13 AM

Aug 2010
I now really hate Haru cause he fucks Nao and left her.
It was too bad for her and class rep. I just felt bad you know.
In the end they left I'm glad.
Dec 25, 2010 9:16 AM

Feb 2010
Whoa....I love it when Haru got *baboom* with the bike because of Nao...

nice graze...you've just wasted an expensive jeans...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 27, 2010 6:06 AM

Feb 2010
Sora Arc was over the top, I knew it was worth struggling thru these 08/15 dramas.
Sora arc 10/10
Overall 6/10
Dec 27, 2010 10:32 AM

Feb 2010
After the failure of Oreimo, this approval of incest was so fulfilling :D
Dec 27, 2010 5:35 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah, we got the incest... great... now move along...

About the ending: This is an anime. An anime with a BAD script. It has PLOTHOLES. A lot. Perhaps it was left intentionally ambiguous. We won't know what happened until some writer or the production company makes a statement about the ending. That means: we will probably never know.

Both endings could have happened:

About the series as a whole: The whole series was rushed, there was no class-rep arc (which is a pity), the Sora and Nao arcs were ridiculous. Each arc would have required more episodes the series shold have been a 22-26 episode long. It was a bad VN adaptation with many plotholes in the story. The first two arcs were better. The sex scenes were totally unncessary. The music was great though, the animation and the artwork was pretty well done too. I liked the cast of voice actors (anyone noticed the voice Oumi Risa?). I give it a 6/10, because of the Akira-arc. That was cute and well developed story compared to the others.

The whole thing cannot even go near ef (especially Melodies). And why the did the ending look like Code Geass? It was nowhere near it... CG was a completely different story/genre...
RadzeerDec 28, 2010 10:01 AM
Dec 28, 2010 7:12 AM

Feb 2010
Radzeer said:
Yeah, we got the incest... great... now move along...

hmmm. Sorry it was not made from an ADULT manga, so its my mad to talk sex oriented...
Dec 30, 2010 12:44 AM

Jul 2009
AAAHHH I just wanna give Kozue a great big hug :*(
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 30, 2010 5:10 AM

Jul 2009
I don't think they died, I mean just look at Kazuha, Nao etc. I don't think that's the kind of face you make when your best friends die lol. Besides, what's the point of taking Haruka's phone and sending a message to Hazuka?

Oh and somebody said earlier that the train looks really old, and that's like the train to heaven.
Cool story bro, come to Poland, we have even older trains lol. Does that mean that every train trip in Poland is a trip to heaven? xD

Oh and the bunny problem, I think the producers just made a mistake or something :3
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Dec 31, 2010 8:55 AM

Sep 2010
that was beautiful. The amount of drama was perfect. And certainly T-Wincest was WIN
I guess I'll play the VN after all. CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF SORA-CHAN!!

are the twins dead or not? There are so many hints ... what could this mean?
to Radzeer - thanks for summarizing all the points arguing for both sides. Very illuminating.

but IMO this doesn't matter. What's important is that they chose to be together in the end, meaning they'll forever be with each other, let it be this world or the afterlife. So in this case the ambiguity is an acceptable way to end.

OP/ED and OSTs in this series were very fitting.

lol nice train indeed

Jan 1, 2011 5:57 AM

Jun 2009
Where's my School days??
The bus waiting shed was back wahahaha
Ryouhei all the girls to himself now
She got a new doll..
I wish Haru was dead hehe.. well they moved overseas..
But I would proudly say that I really love the Opening music by Eufonius

Yehey! no more season 2
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 1, 2011 6:17 AM
Dec 2009
Sorry to jump out of blue but i have a problem. Does someone know title of that song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4eIyWQkGA I'd say, its the saddest melody in anime, yet I have not found it anywhere yet. I would be really gratefull for help. Forgive my english ;>
Jan 1, 2011 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
6/10 for this series

Lame last episode.
And the whole series was: sex, talk, sex, talk...
Boring mostly...
Jan 1, 2011 7:55 AM

Feb 2008
I expected twincest but them actually leaving at the end was unexpected. The strange thing about it is that the last episode seemed like a reality check. There wasn't any acceptance from friends and happily ever after like what you'd expect from other anime. Its was morally wrong so they went to look for a place where they can live in peace without persecution. Very good series overall even tho there may have been way too much hentai-ish scenes

Crysis3000 said:
Sorry to jump out of blue but i have a problem. Does someone know title of that song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4eIyWQkGA I'd say, its the saddest melody in anime, yet I have not found it anywhere yet. I would be really gratefull for help. Forgive my english ;>

I also would like to know, that was probably the best part of the series for me

mod edit: double post
sakaJan 9, 2011 9:42 PM
Jan 1, 2011 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
I thought it was absolutely incredible how they could portray something which is seen as so wrong in this day and age, so purely and beautifully. Everything about this series struck me as breath taking and wonderful. I want to see more series like this, does anyone have any reccomendations?
"Ever-newer waters flow on those who step into the same rivers." - Heraclitus, the weeping philosopher.
Jan 1, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
rreggiebryant1 said:
Crysis3000 said:

You can download it from a torrent and I think I also saw it on Sakurahana.
LunaMay 8, 2012 11:56 AM
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Jan 1, 2011 1:29 PM
Dec 2009
Saint_ said:
rreggiebryant1 said:
Crysis3000 said:

You can download it from a torrent and I think I also saw it on Sakurahana.

I have checked it, there is not the one. I would say, this OST is more like from visual novel than anime, since more like half of them i have not heard in anime.

About that OST, the best I can say is, the tracks 07, 15 and 17 sounds maybe not sad as the one we are looking for, yet quite nice ;>

Anyway, I am finding this little odd, because, the track we are looking for, is present minimum once per every episode. It is so nicely sad and good, so it should be main title of tracklist. Maybe producers are planning to relase second OST or something, which would contain this title, who knows.
LunaMay 8, 2012 11:56 AM
Jan 1, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
The OST probably hasn't been released properly yet, or no one has made a downloadable version availabe. Which is very saddening.
"Ever-newer waters flow on those who step into the same rivers." - Heraclitus, the weeping philosopher.
Jan 1, 2011 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
I see it now, that OST is from the Visual Novel, sorry guys ;P
The soundtrack from the anime will be probably released in the near future... I think so lol...
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Jan 1, 2011 11:29 PM

Aug 2008
IM actually in favour of the series as whole, which for me is pretty damn rare these days. I find myself becoming the sort that cant handle seeing the main character have sexual relations with more than one female. I think School Days was to blame but thats another matter.
A few have said it, that the arc played out in an order that went from worst to best, or atleast overall. The incest had been playing on my mind from the start, and not knowing the source material, i didnt know if it was merely suggested or if it would actually happen. I think i wanted it to happen from the start, though that was probably because Sora was my favourite.
I really begin to worry about my state of mind when i find the incest arc to be my favourite, though after Sora my next favourite was Akira :) though im not sure if her arc was second or just her.
Well anyway it was an enjoyable watch but im glad i left it til it was all out, well after the first 3 episodes i didnt watch any til today. Something i kind of liked was the fact that unlike the average harem i see, Haru actually seemed like the sort could realistically pull it off. What i mean i guess is him being a bishounen kind, caring, and apparently studious is far more believable than some random guy with average or even below average looks, ability and everything else, who for some reason ends up with half a douzen girls falling for him.
Well it gets a 9 from me as i enjoyed it, for various reasons :)
Jan 2, 2011 10:51 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah it was certainly a series which you could marathon nicely in one night :3
Jan 2, 2011 4:10 PM

Nov 2010
Crysis3000 said:
I have checked it, there is not the one. I would say, this OST is more like from visual novel than anime, since more like half of them i have not heard in anime.

About that OST, the best I can say is, the tracks 07, 15 and 17 sounds maybe not sad as the one we are looking for, yet quite nice ;>

Anyway, I am finding this little odd, because, the track we are looking for, is present minimum once per every episode. It is so nicely sad and good, so it should be main title of tracklist. Maybe producers are planning to relase second OST or something, which would contain this title, who knows.

The producers are releasing discs in various editions/formats. Since they understand customer's voice and are generous, for example, "kasugano sora package" blu-ray contains episode 1, 7, 10, 11, 12 - sora's arc. The first volume "migiwa kazuha package" includes bonus CD "original sound track -arrange-". This seems arranged version of PC game's OST. The third volume "yorihime nao package" is going to include "original sound track -new-". I'm not sure but the piano tune may be included in this one.
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/yosuganosora/product/bddvd.html
desolatoJan 14, 2011 4:42 AM
Jan 6, 2011 11:58 AM

Jan 2010
Finally I'm done with this. This was really really REALLY weird. The twinist, the sex with almost every girl, the yuri scene at the Kazuha arc were....unique. However, I thought the omibus format was sloppy doneand it seemed like all the characters cared about was sex,sex,sex and more sex. So 5/10.
Jan 6, 2011 11:58 PM
May 2010
One thing I learn from this anime is that Haruka is really perverted. He likes women more than anything else. How can you call it "true love" when you don't even take it seriously?
The image I have for him is that whenever he is worried about something, he will force the woman closest to him (at the moment) to have sex...What a messed up person. The plot is also messed up. So many women he had sex with, no one really care. Only when it comes to his sister, everyone is like "I am disappointed" or "Disappear out of my sight!"

Edit: How the h can he heal his wound so fast? Is he secretly a vampire?
jimmy2027Jan 7, 2011 12:24 AM
Jan 7, 2011 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
~Sigh~ I don't think people really get the point of this anime.
Jan 7, 2011 5:14 PM
Feb 2010
Ah,I really enojoyed this episode ^_^.A nice series it was.
Jan 8, 2011 5:53 PM
Jul 2010
Xardie said:
And in the end only decent human being in the whole show who didn't succumb into LOLHENTAI WRITING was the Class Rep

Shit on a stick this show was

4/10

I'm glad that at least someone agrees... There was no character development, and the whole series seemed like a half-hentai fanservice directed mainly to people who would find enjoyment out of playing the H-game. I still gave it a 3/10 because the OP and endings were really good considering the actual contents of the series.
Jan 12, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2007
Nice ending. I think they did die because someone pointed out that bunny was very good. I saw it back in the train and was like whaat but didnt thought about it. The friends meeting at the spot do look sad a bit and mourning them by getting together. Of course people will be shocked to find out an incest couple but i think it hit the class president because the main point was that she liked Haru. Even Nao liked him but sort of accepted it. She even help to search for Sora so my respect for her went up a bit.

Overall the anime is above average in my opinion so it puts it above a 5 however i wish it would reset every arc like Amagami so Haru wouldnt have past relationship with other girls. So that would bring the anime to about a 7.5/10 because Sora's arc was the last and it was what i was waiting for.
Jan 14, 2011 9:50 PM

Nov 2007
Shitty writing and characterisation. Excessive ecchi scenes with no real purpose (is there ever a purpose with ecchi?). And omnibus format = automatic suckage. Complete trainwreck of a show.

2/10 overall from me.
Jan 16, 2011 5:11 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, this show was bad. Although once I stoppped taking anything this show threw at us seriously (even in the slightest), I had quite a bit of fun. Should've done that sooner. Especially this last episode was hilarious.

So since making fun of bad shows is entertaining and since the (background) animations were nice, this get a 4/10.

Still bad, though.
grandy_UiDJan 17, 2011 5:19 AM
Jan 16, 2011 10:48 AM

Oct 2009
Wooah, this ending was freaking awesome. From the start while Nao was with Haru - the series weren't so good, but when Haru was with Sora - that was just awesome. 9/10~
あらあら。。。
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yosuga no Sora is greatly underestimated and I will prove it(The article contains a complete analysis of anime).

_User_ - Dec 29, 2021

34 by Zarutaku »»
May 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by somniumnaut »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Hickykissy - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.