Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 16, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
Sad, but a great ending.
Mar 4, 2013 1:54 PM
Aug 2012
I love this show and cannot wait for season two! I really like the art quality and, for once, the English dub!
Mar 12, 2013 4:13 PM
Aug 2012
WTF

Haha they go on about being a master samurai but that was closer to a super saiyan fight than a samurai fight.
Hated how when Jubie died she just reappeared a week later like death is calm for her and the fight would have looked better if they kept it in colour not that black and white 1940s garbage.

Overall I'm just a hater but the whole series was a dead story.
Mar 30, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2011
If Jubei had truly died this would have been a 5. Since she survived/returned I guess I'll give it a 6 or a 7. Will watch the first episode of second season as it broadcasts but if they have those damn black dots censoring I'll put it on hold till the bluerays.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 14, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
There was so much happening in this final ep that it was just crazy. So many flashbacks of important feelings, so many outbursts of supernatural power only to be one-upped by the opponent. I thought the ending with Juubei was a little too perfect. Of course, the light-hearted personality would always return alongside the master samurai but her moment of disappearance and her reincarnation seemed so rushed.

Seems like the TV ending was a little more bleak after skimming comments. I would have liked something in between the two: with a light in the sky appearing, hinting at Juubei's return, but you never actually see who it is. Muneakira's smile would drive home the fact that it's our favourite master samurai.

Thankfully, the art throughout this series was lovely. The ink splats and the brush strokes really immersed me in to the era and it was what lead me to become addicted to watching it. The characters were all likeable but I do have a liking for the serious Juubei. Kanetsugu wasn't as funny as I expected her to be but her design is definitely the stand-out of the bunch. Perhaps the person I disliked the most was the main character for being too plain and forgettable.

Adored the OP. The song is very powerful and seductive much like the girls themselves. The ED song wasn't my thing but I couldn't complain about the visuals alongside it. Even though the final episodes threw lots of sudden information to the public, I had a lot of fun watching this series and it was certainly better than expected. 7/10.
May 11, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
The plot was kinda rushed in the last few episodes. I tried to like the MC but I just couldn't do it both his voice and face annoyed the hell out of me. Still an enjoyable series, onwards to season 2.
Aug 7, 2013 3:19 PM

May 2012
Very impressive ending, lots of great action and when you think it was a bad end you directly changed with that final kiss! I found it really nice rounding the story off! Still pretty epic series in general and well I really liked the in overall. The characters, pace, animations and art where all quite impressive even the ecchi was pretty decent put in picture!

I do wonder what the ova and the second season will be like!
Nov 27, 2013 8:32 AM
May 2013
I wonder why did they made a 2nd season.
Overall : it was good a bit rushed in the last 3 episodes but I liked Yoshihiko's badass moments.
Dec 4, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
sooo badass,. i love how yukimura was wearing the school issue swimsuit throughout that whole battle.

2nd season better bring jubei back to life
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 15, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
Cheesy as fuck but titties doe.
Jun 13, 2014 5:04 PM

Dec 2010
god awful ending imo and I was getting sick of all these feeling of love cheesy crap but the first 9 episodes where entertaining enough so was worth the watch.
Jun 25, 2014 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
Shit xD
why Jyuubei had two personalities while Sen and Yukimura didn't?

4/10 for boobs.
Feb 27, 2015 3:25 PM
Dec 2014
3/5
Aug 6, 2015 9:37 PM

Mar 2008
07/10

Matabei Gotou is the best girl!
jed_kaAug 6, 2015 9:49 PM
Jan 14, 2016 2:25 AM
Apr 2015
me right now: wtf?nani?????!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of ending is this?I thought dark jyubei almost died but muneakira revived good jyubei...they combined but at the end it seems good jyubei still alive....nani???!! I hope s2 they will explain how the hell did she survived...also someone needs to die tho in this anime...at least that yoshihiko...also matabei's voice when talking to sen sounds like a freaking dude tho
razor18Jan 14, 2016 4:13 AM
sorry for my english >,<
Aug 19, 2016 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
I came into this series without much of an expectation, and honestly, it blew me away.

The last few episodes were extremely powerful, but the ending really has me confused. So Jubei reappeared one week later? What is with the fade away of the other girls?
Dec 24, 2017 7:45 AM
Nov 2017
Jubei is alive. After the credits, she will again fall from the sky and kiss him. Why everyone is saying as if it wasn't shown in anime?
Sep 5, 2019 1:19 PM

Jul 2008
All of the sudden Muneakira grew a backbone. Jyubei died multiple times and still came back.

Overall this show was really meh, do 5/10.

However Matabei is still the best girl.
Jan 2, 2023 9:42 PM
Mar 2022
The fact they forgave that world class sack of crap yoshihiko and he didnt suffer a horrilbe death is unacceptable beyond words.  Stupid idiotic japanese passive forgiving whatever as long as it doesnt disturb society horse crap ruins so many anime.  Yoshihiko should have had his balls cut off and in the moment he couldnt stand it throat slit.  He kills so many in experiements including his so called GF while she screamed out his name what a total (yet typical jap male since they dont view women as anything more than objects) horrid poor excuse waste of space.  I hate he lived and hate even more he was so easily forgiven it ruined the entire show for me.

Now Muki-suckass was and always will be worthless he is a coward and worthless sissy.  Talk talk talk no action and run from women is the definition of that coward.
Oh and umm great japan... riiight japan and japans ppl are garbage and always will be until they quit being the losers they are.  If i ever hear those words great japan i again i think i will snap it made my stomache turn everytime they said it., lik lol no japan isnt great its the worlds dumpster for degenerate, losers, scumbags, pedo's, and alike.

Now killing off Jubei was just sad and BS! 
Aug 25, 2023 9:12 PM

Nov 2010
Good final battle! It looks like Amakusa managed to escape. Does he have a female body? Interesting.
Juubei revived, and I'm glad the goofy one is back. The serious one is hot, but I love her cute and clumsy version.

I enjoyed this show. There are only a few boring moments. The MC is likable and not so dense. All of the girls are attractive and my type. And I love how much they show naked female bodies and their delicious nipples and boobies.
Aug 25, 2023 9:21 PM

Nov 2010
Gutzdeep42 said:
The fact they forgave that world class sack of crap yoshihiko and he didnt suffer a horrilbe death is unacceptable beyond words. Stupid idiotic japanese passive forgiving whatever as long as it doesnt disturb society horse crap ruins so many anime. Yoshihiko should have had his balls cut off and in the moment he couldnt stand it throat slit. He kills so many in experiements including his so called GF while she screamed out his name what a total (yet typical jap male since they dont view women as anything more than objects) horrid poor excuse waste of space. I hate he lived and hate even more he was so easily forgiven it ruined the entire show for me.

Now Muki-suckass was and always will be worthless he is a coward and worthless sissy. Talk talk talk no action and run from women is the definition of that coward.
Oh and umm great japan... riiight japan and japans ppl are garbage and always will be until they quit being the losers they are. If i ever hear those words great japan i again i think i will snap it made my stomache turn everytime they said it., lik lol no japan isnt great its the worlds dumpster for degenerate, losers, scumbags, pedo's, and alike.

Now killing off Jubei was just sad and BS!

Fuck off, you loser, and fix your grammar. I can't take you seriously since you sound dumb. It's incels like you that take these shows way too seriously that need to die. You never had a girlfriend since you are an ugly dumbass white knight loser. Go back to watching your K-drama shit, and stop watching anime if you dislike Japan this much. I hope you get murdered or die in an accident or both. Self-righteous people like you are so annoying.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Sep 3, 2010

215 by SuperAram »»
Mar 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 11 Discussion

MorningGlory - Dec 6, 2010

44 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 10 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Dec 7, 2010

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 9 Discussion

SoFarGone - Nov 29, 2010

43 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 21, 2010

57 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.