Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 1, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
Great Arc :)! I think this is my favorite one!
Sep 26, 2013 1:16 AM

Nov 2012
WHAT AN ENDING :3
love it so much :3
damn,,. another 10 years later.. FINALLY! XD I love it..
and tsukasa in short hair GODD!! so fucking beautiful :3
final score (9/10)
second place after ai route ;3
Sep 28, 2013 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
Loved this arc so much O_O
Oct 10, 2013 12:47 PM

Mar 2011
I didn't watch in the "right moment", but still the best arc. 5/5
Feb 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
damn for me, this is the Best Ending ever. . .
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 17, 2014 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
One of the better girls, but a pretty lacklustre arc, with a terrible complication. Otherwise, their little girl was amazing, so all's well.
Feb 26, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Well I guess there's a winner for best girl...

This was the best arc IMO. Tsukasa is a regular girl who acts just like one. Wanting to help others but still looking out for herself. Sure she gets selfish but it's something everyone deals with and it takes time to become a better person. I liked how more involved Tachibana is in her change. The diversion by sensei in the school was cute since I bet she was pretty jealous. Nice romantic end.

Really great show overall and I thoroughly enjoyed watching. Breaking up the routes like they did was probably the best thing they could have done. It allowed each story to be told without the atmosphere of a harem which is so nice to see. All of the girls were great but Tsukasa was my favorite with Kaoru and Ai following after her. I'm probably gonna rewatch this show around the holiday season.

Also I have to say, Umehara has to be one of the biggest bros I've ever seen. He just keeps giving and giving and puts on a good attitude. What a great friend.

One more episode to see what caused Tachibana to be hopeless around this time!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 15, 2014 6:32 PM

Sep 2013
Best arc in ASS (that sounds so wrong)
My favorite endings
Tsukasa > Haruka > Ai > Kaoru > Sae > Rihoko (what a waste) > Risa
May 25, 2014 11:01 PM

Apr 2012
damn good arc.

ironically (re-)learned a lot of things from this episode.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 28, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2011
this brought a tear to my eye. Dat 10 years timeskip again though.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 28, 2014 11:18 PM

May 2011
And why compare the arcs as to which is the best? How about just liking all of them?
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jul 15, 2014 1:06 AM

Jun 2012
How can one girl be so perfect?
Oct 6, 2014 10:32 PM

Sep 2014
Yay future ending! I'm always happy seeing future endings.. Especially Tsukasa's ending wow.. She looks good with short hair and their daughter is adorable.. Yep, a happy family indeed.. This arc made my bitterness from the last arc disappear..
A great ending to a great arc!

~ Class rep with an unpredictable nature and a personality change: [✔]

Next would be Risa ain't it? I want to know why she left him that Christmas night..
Last one!
Oct 30, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
Best arc, I love femdom
Dec 24, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
phantom19 said:
I'm probably gonna rewatch this show around the holiday season.

Still my most favorite episode and arc. Love this show.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Feb 16, 2015 7:55 PM

Dec 2012
Oh yes yes YES! I called it, I'm so glad the best was really saved for the end. This was so romantic and moving, I even got a bit teary eyed during the end scene when Tsukasa and Junichi light up the Christmas tree alone shifting into the timeskip. That was probably the most satisfying wrap up out of all of the arcs, especially since it captured the Christmas spirit the best. Tsukasa was a wonderful character filled with all sorts of fun dynamics and really brought out my enjoyment of Amagami the best.

9/10 for Tsukasa, with one episode left I have to wonder what they plan to do at this point. Maybe reveal why Junichi got stood up?

Also lol @ Sae in the bunny outfit, that Miya nishishishi!
Mar 8, 2015 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnn... Such a sweeeet end for that arc. And such a nice message toward the spectators :)
Sadly, I'm always lonely at chrismas..... Oh well, I just tell myself that my time will come at some point, so I'm just waiting, and it's ok :P

I much prefer that strong, terrible and dominant personality of her. It feel way more natural than her fake smiles. I hope Junichi is into BDSM, because I'm pretty sure she'll be a S (he's already pretty M himself).

Man, that daughter is literally a mini Tsukasa, she's totally the same! I hope she doesn't devellope a personality disorder too x)
In Ayatsuji case, it was adorable, but in most case, it's unbearable.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 9, 2015 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
Amagami SS is a really enjoyable romance anime, one of rare which I find perfect in any aspect. I liked most of arcs, though Sae and Rihoko are not that appealing. However, Rihoko is excused in SS+. This is my third time watching this anime and I just can't get bored of it.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jul 24, 2015 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
This is now my favorite arc. The final arc seems to be about Junichi's stalker lol.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 14, 2015 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
This one was so cute. :)
Dec 17, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2009
The best arc on the show. You kind of predicted what was going to happen in the other arcs, but this one was full of unexpected twists. I loved this one, felt very much like "Clannad" at times. Kinda ironic how I liked the first and last relationship the most. The beginning was excellent, the middle was "meh" and the ending was spectacular.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Dec 19, 2015 2:55 AM

Nov 2014
5/5. THE best route and girl. What a wonderful ending!
Dec 23, 2015 1:46 AM

Aug 2013
Rather than clear split personality I'm thinking Tsukasa might have an obsessive-compulsive personality disorder OR borderline personality disorder and likely suffers from major depression often associated with both.

This - of course - is pure speculation but I think it makes a lot more sense than dissociative identity disorder, and she clearly is having SOME problems with her mental health.
Sep 29, 2016 12:31 PM

Mar 2016
Dunno why people like Ai so much. She's kind of boring.

Tsukasa best girl!!!!!

Followed by Haruka/Kaoru.
Jan 7, 2017 8:07 PM

Jan 2015
The reason she was so messed up was because she found out Santa isn't real when she was a kid ? Is that supposed to be a farce or something ? Overrated arc and girl.
Feb 8, 2017 9:05 PM

Apr 2014
This show is dumb as piss, I hope the original wasn't this terrible and that AIC just took it and shit on it. I play VNs and the Ayatsuji arc is probably one of the worst MC/heroine stories I have ever seen. Ayatsuji seems to have two sides to her personality, and have ulterior motives other than what she lets on, and that was good, it made her seem more realistic as a character, though I really didn't like her, completely aside from my gripe about how the story was structured (which is a flaw in the story not the character development). But the story behind the way she acts is mediocre at best. The relationship between her and her sister is never fully explained, and the whole "found out Santa wasn't real" is NOT sufficient explanation for why she has such a controlling and I would go as far as to say violent other half. Everything felt so forced, and the simple I love you, lets be together forever, has insult added to injury with scene with them 10 years later.

One major flaw in the show, and why i ended up disliking it so much (despite thoroughly enjoying Morishima's route) was how rushed the endings were, there didnt seem to be any gradual movement in several of the arcs. Though this can be partially attributed to the limited time that 4 episodes per arcs allows, I think that the storyboarding by the studio was done extremely poorly. Overall a terrible adaptation, and we need to all learn Japanese (lol jk) and go read the source material the way it was intended, LN, VN, or manga. Anime was a mistake, take my opinion or leave it, who cares nobody is going to read this anyway

Feb 18, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
It was okay I guess and the ending life-goes-one part was nice (the more I am angry that some heroines didn't get one). But it wasn't as great I thought it would be. It was because Ayatsuji behavior lacked any consistence and that's what made whole drama contrived.

In the end, they didn't even bother to explain problems with her sister, nor the reason why she was wearing masks in the first place. And when she started speaking about her past and about Santa... I was 'like really'? I didn't like that part at all. I mean, it was such petty problem to justify her weird behavior at her age. And whole scene really felt forced, like "now I will tell you about my past", it was plot device to show viewers her motives yet it would be a lot better is they abide by the law show not tell.

So after all heroines arcs are done here is their rating:

Haruka 6/10 (good start but I didn't like those doggy scenes and she was pretty much one-trait character)
Kaoru 9/10 (the best girl, the best arc, no doubt about it)
Sae 7/10 (she was just nice and sweet, got used to her voice pretty soon, also, great arc narration!)
Ai 4/10 (pretty much non-character for most of the arc, she only got one great scene in the end)
Rihoko 8/10 (great as a character, even though her arc was pretty shitty in terms of romance - but there was nice slice-of-life)
Tsukasa 6-7/10 (not bad but the drama was disappointing; slice-of-life elements were great though)
Honorary MC category: 2/10 (Juunichi is pretty much the worst character of whole show)

btw - Miya is the second best character of this show, that's pretty much given :)
May 7, 2017 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
What the fuck? That's it? This arc is saaahhks! Why are so people content with this? Tsukasa is an intriguing and interesting character but there is so much they could've explored about her. So many things were left unanswered. What did she write in that journal? What's the background with her family and why doesn't she like being at home? Why does she work so hard, is it meant to distract herself from her loneliness? Why did she fall for Shinichi, it just came out of nowhere. Why is she so keen to be santa and why is Christmas so important to her? Why does she put on this facade of politeness? Is there any reason why she became the why she is? So many questions. Also I have a hard time buying that Shinichi fell for her because I think most people would be weirded out by her bipolar personality and feel deceived and betrayed. Her true personality isn't exactly likeable and the show doesn't really explain why shinichi likes her true self. I feel like for romances to work you need to like the love interest and be able to agree with the self insert mc's actions for it to work, but I don't think Tsukasa is girlfriend material and I hate how Shinichi doesn't stand up for himself or ask questions about her. I felt kind of bait and switched.
May 7, 2017 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
https://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3385022&postcount=39
ok so this article dissects and explains a lot about tsukasa's character. But how the hell are we suppose to figure all this out during the episodes. This arc would've really been better if they spent the time to articulate and imply things that explains her character especially the birth of her facade, and her diary and etc. I'm more convinced about why she likes the mc but I'm not convinced why he has feelings for her despite her deception and violent nature. The only other problem is her facade personality feels a bit unrealistic and exaggerated. Anyway I'm done, it's so hard to find a likeable love interest in romance anime imo. Is it impossible to get a non-tsundere, hentai naming calling, non-oblivious and violent girl in as a main love interest in anime?
Jul 17, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm... not sure what to think about this arc anymore. I guess I just dislike the "10 years later" ending in general.
Feb 28, 2018 11:33 AM

Aug 2017
This arc was much better than I anticipated. I didn't see the tsundere side of Tsukasa before. Morishima-senpai wins though. Final ranking:

Haruka
Nanasaki/Kaoru close but slight edge to Ai probably
Tsukasa
Rihoko
Sae
Mar 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
This last episode was a bit underwhelming if not for the more dramatic bit, but overall Ayatsuji was by far the best and most interesting arc, and barring maybe Morishima, I feel like its the arc that makes the most sense (even though I lean towards Nanasaki in terms of sympathy). Ayatsuji was just entertaining as hell.
Jun 8, 2019 11:48 PM

Jul 2009
Ayatsuji definitely had one of the best developments alongside Kaoru and Morishima. She even had a kid shown!

I'm glad the original Ayatsuji is back! Never deny your own personality in the first place.

Such a heart warming episode and she definitely shoot at the top of my list. It's now Koaru vs Ayatsuji for me with Morishima coming in.

Two more episodes?! Ride never ends! Can't wait for this new girl!
Dec 25, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2019
For me Tsukasa is the second best girl after haruka and seeing the after math where they were a married couple was so heart warming.

7/10.
Apr 29, 2020 12:45 AM

Feb 2018
Nice endin from Tsukasa, married...
Jun 15, 2020 2:54 AM

Aug 2017
The ending was nice but I still feel like this arc could've been better. I was really looking forward to Tsukasa arc since I liked her personality in the previous episodes but when I found out she was tsundere, was slightly disappointed to see. Still like her but Haruka and Kaoru are still best girls. Nanasaki is tied with Tsukasa.
Sep 30, 2020 10:57 PM

Aug 2014
I think that episode 2 and 3 from this arc were better than 1 and 4. Overall it was interesting, but I don't think she is the best girl.
Her behavior... really strange drastic changes of how she acts ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 12, 2021 3:38 AM

Feb 2019
Hands down the best arc of the entire series. Didn't think I'd enjoy Amagami this much after personally finding most of the arcs boring (except Haruka's). Thought Haruka would be my number one arc since I thought Tsukasa was just your average hard working, cute, kind girl. But I love that rough, twisted personality of hers way better. And I loved the 10 years later scene! Mini Tsukasa is cute, and how they're still so much in love is cute. I think the Tsukasa arc is bumping this up to a 7! Now I'm wondering about the game...

Let's see this stalker now.
Dec 2, 2021 5:35 AM

May 2020
Not sure what to think over how she acts, but this arc was definitely better than the last two ones. Still they proceeded pretty quickly in the end there, so a decent conclusion i guess. Wonder what that last episode is about.
Jan 8, 2022 10:39 PM

Jan 2020
I liked this arc a lot. Only thing that sucked was Tsukasa cut her hair.
May 6, 2022 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
AHHHHHHHH!!!!

This was such a good arc, easily the best as I expected, the only close one being Haruka's, BUT WHYYYYY, WHY DID YOU DO THE "10 years later" PART AGAIN!!! You had 4 girls where you could have done it, but you did it for the ones I love the most, this isn't fair, also seriously, short hair for Tsukasa? I'll never acknowledge that.

All in all, definitely a 9-10/10 arc and sadly it was somewhat rushed since everyone gets 4 episodes and this arc had a lot more things going on with Tsukasa, but the questions can be somewhat deduced, like Tsukasa not wanting to go home because of the whole santa claus story but it would probably be more complicated than just that and REALLY, WHAT WAS IN THAT NOTEBOOK!! Were there just terrifying scribbles of Tsukasa hating her family or classmates? Because I don't see what else it could have been.

Having the first opening as the ending to this arc and basically story was such an amazing idea, really got sad there :(

Sadly there is one more episode which I'm not really that excited for since that would mean resetting his relationship with Tsukasa, but like I said, amazing arc for the best girl.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 4, 2022 1:21 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Drunk Takahashi-sensei officially the most goated character of this series

Ok, this is undoubtedly the objectively best arc of them all, it's not even a question. It probably is my personal favourite one as well, either this or Morishima's, I'd have to think about that one. But Tsuaka's by a long shot is the most well-structured, with the best story to tell. While I loved Morishima's and Kaoru's stories as well, those almost felt like nothing more than a bunch of random events crammed together and tied up with a confession scene of sorts at the end. Morishima's was better, and I think Sae's was mostly fine as well, but Kaoru's, Nanasaki's, and Rihoko's felt like they barely had any proper structure to them. Tsuaka's on the other hand, felt like it nailed its story beats well in good succession until its ending. Which, we close off with a "10-years-later" just like Morishima's, which is another reason why this was so good.

This romance worked the best imo. It felt the most real, and I bought their relationship more than any of the others. Tsukasa fell in love with Tachibana probably because he was the first person to truly accept and even love her for who she really was. And Tachibana fell in love with Tsuaksa because, well, maybe this is just me, but who WOULDN'T fall in love with, yes, yet another S-TIER GIRL!!!! While I had fun and enjoyed everyone else's arcs (except maybe Rihoko's which was no more than just OK), I have to admit that I felt like their romances simply felt like the writers saying "uh, yeah, this is your arc now, so uh, fall in love now!" I'm no love expert by any means whatsoever but I still personally feel that Tsukasa X Tachibana works the best, and I'd wager to say that the directors knew it too as they placed her arc last.

And when I say S-tier, I mean like their their among the best girls in all of anime. You know, like Senjougahara level, or Kurisu level. And Amagami SS has, imo, produced THREE of them. Kaoru's still my favourite, but Morishima and Tsukasa are very close seconds.

There's still one last episode for one last girl it seems (actually two more episodes from where I'm watching it, last one is probably an ova or something), but I think I'll put my final personal rankings for best girls and best arcs right here.

1. Tsukasa arc, 9/10 (S-tier girl)
2. Morishima arc, 8/10 (S-tier girl)
3. Kaoru arc, 7/10 (S-tier girl)
4. Nanasaki arc, 7/10 (A-tier girl)
5. Sae arc, 7/10 (B-tier girl)
6. Rihoko arc, 5/10 (C-tier girl)

So for me it looks like the series mostly averages around a 7/10, which is what I'll probably be leaving it with- but I'm very close to giving it an 8/10. If this last episode somehow is a banger all on its own, I'll give it the 8/10.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 19, 2022 11:04 AM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Ended up really liking this arc & the ending brought out some emotions! While I know there's one more episode, this arc capped off this show for me and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I didn't really have high expectations and I almost gave up on it but I'm glad that I stuck through.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Dec 4, 2022 6:18 PM

Jul 2017
What a sweet ending!

They showed the "10 years later" with the magic of christmas and a happy family. Truly the best 4-episodes route to end the series.
Dec 31, 2022 10:44 PM

Jun 2020
Best girl, best arc, best way to end the series although nanasaki is close second. My final rankings would be:

1. Ayatsuji arc
2. Nanasaki arc
3. Kaoru arc
4. Morishima arc
5. Rihoko arc
6. Nakata arc

I think Rihoko would be slightly higher if it actually had a proper confession. Other than that I think all the arc were good although I'm a little confused on why Morishima and Ayatsuji were the only routes to have a 10 year time skip. Overall, decent anime to watch during the winter break.
Jan 26, 2023 2:57 PM

Dec 2020
I think Ajatsuji's is my favourite arc so far, I did also like kaoru's arc.
But did you see that short combo she did on him, i didn't expect suddenly some street fighter action like damn.
Mar 28, 2023 6:39 PM

Jul 2022
This is one of the normal routes, I'm glad we got another time skip other than Haruka, I didn't expect Tsukasa to cut her hair that short, it would've been better to stay like before, but anyway good ending, but there are still some questions left behind, what is Tsukasa relationship with her sister that made herself distant from her?
Apr 6, 2023 7:48 PM
Sep 2018
It wasn’t bad, kinda just want to see what happens with the stalker girl now.
Jul 29, 2023 10:21 PM
Feb 2021
Banger ending to the arc. I'm really glad they brought back the ten year fast forward but I wish they had it for the other arcs too.

I think next episode is anime original, hope it doesn't suck because I've had a really good opinion of this show so far even though its kinda generic. It's definitely a good type of generic.
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM

Oct 2022
Sheesh, what an ending!

Rihoko's route was pretty disappointing, but I'm glad they really went all the way with Tsukasa. That ending scene is just purely sensational and cute.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still watching this in 2022?

Raibyou - May 4, 2022

45 by MeguSae38 »»
Apr 27, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 22, 2010

352 by Zane_0 »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 23, 2010

279 by Bard_Eren »»
Dec 20, 2023 11:54 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 15, 2010

300 by Glitterybugs »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

144 by cableguyjay »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.