Forum Settings
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 8:17 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter 13 is out in the January 2011 issue of Besatsu Shonen Magazine. It's a longer chapter - pages 271 - 305. The first page of the chapter is a full-color glossy page, and features Rea in the shower, with soap bubbles covering the "interesting" parts.

The chapter's title is "Rikai Funou" , with a subtitle in English of "Fido".

Rea is the center of the chapter again, but Kurumiya plays a big role too as she pretends to be a "home stay" student who will join Rea's school.

So there is something "special" about Rea that Kurumiya hasn't seen in the hundreds of zombies that she has studied.

Kurumiya also has "imbibed" in a bit of the Zombie Poison.

But all is not fun and games as things get a bit gruesome when Rea "overextends" herself. It's a good thing that Kurumiya is there afterall...

And yes, Rea's "weak point" does seem to be "understanding" her situation...

A good chapter overall - this series is turning into something rather strange and special.
dbaranyiDec 15, 2010 9:29 AM
Dec 25, 2010 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
lmao Furuya having trouble asking Rea to the festival.

and that Kurumiya totally blew her cover that she's a foreigner, and not Japanese...but with that name everyone could of figured it out.

But Rea is just a pure baka! Her arm got ripped, and she was trying to get it down with a stick? Priceless! :3
Dec 26, 2010 3:32 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
She has to be the most strong willed character I've seen in a long time. She loses a arm and finds out she might be dead in a week and still acts positive.
Dec 26, 2010 4:13 AM

Nov 2008
KuroDubZero said:
She has to be the most strong willed character I've seen in a long time. She loses a arm and finds out she might be dead in a week and still acts positive.

I think that Rea has gone totally fatalistic now.
Dec 26, 2010 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
good chapter Rea is really carefree :p
Dec 26, 2010 11:47 AM

Feb 2009
Inarius said:

But Rea is just a pure baka! Her arm got ripped, and she was trying to get it down with a stick? Priceless! :3

QFT! Great chapter

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 27, 2010 12:30 AM

Sep 2006
After listening to foreign lady's talk, I was expecting one of 2 things when she fell:
1. She became another zombie and more love triangle nonesense
2. Rea would get mangled up so badly Furiya and foreign girl needs to immediately start to find a solution.

But i guess a ripped arm ... i don't think it'll really affect anything since she's full of bandages now anyway, and sewing back the arm can be hidden by an armband. Lol at stick waving too, replace the stick with a leek and you get loituma girl dansu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loituma_Girl

Btw shower scene is Rea missing her bandages?
Dec 30, 2010 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
"Btw shower scene is Rea missing her bandages?"

Yes, but you can see the scar. (Why would she wear bandages in the shower anyway? It's not like the wound is going to bleed...)

(BTW - you can see a little bit of something else, under her long hair...<g> Having a physical copy of the magazine always gives a bit more resolution than a scan... <L>)
Jan 1, 2011 11:20 PM

Dec 2010
dbaranyi said:

So there is something "special" about Rea that Kurumiya hasn't seen in the hundreds of zombies that she has studied.

hmm i don't what you mean by this, all Kurumiya talked about was how Rea's attitude was different to those other zombies she's met nothing else

guess I'll reread it later
It took me a month after making my account to figure out how to set a forum avatar....fml
Jan 2, 2011 2:35 AM

Jan 2010
KuroDubZero said:
I'm quite sure it's that cliche "acting" ROFL. She's hiding sadness with a smile~
Anyways, I wonder what'll solve this little dilemma...
Jan 2, 2011 3:23 AM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr that blonde woman is quite interesting, but she doesn't beat Rea's appeal. :3
Do want moar.
B-But... Rea's arm! (屮゚Д゚)屮
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 2, 2011 10:57 AM

Nov 2009
ChaosLegion said:
Inarius said:

QFT! Great chapter

Haha, that part was hilarious! She really does have a positive attitude. And apparently Kurumiya is actually like 14 or something like that o.O (unless I'm mistaken) I thought she was older than that when I first saw her.
Jan 2, 2011 1:46 PM

Sep 2008
Rea trying to reach her arm with a stick was pretty cute; and also Kurumiya 14? wtf!
Jan 3, 2011 1:26 AM

Jun 2009
Rea's so cute. <3 Also,
Oosran said:
B-But... Rea's arm! (屮゚Д゚)屮
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 3, 2011 1:17 PM

Nov 2008
It was a strange chapter. I did not expect that woman to be 14 so how the hell did she know gramps?

This is turning into a harem, but hopefully it will not the the typical harem manga. I would like to see Rea's father again after all he went to search for a cure.
Jan 3, 2011 9:57 PM

May 2010
Rea must be the most optimist person in this manga !!

Jan 4, 2011 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
"example of someone who lost his chance" lmao!
Mar 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
I find this chapter to be very interesting in regards to Darin and Rea. The beginning of it there was some nice fan service of Rea in the spoiler
and I find Towa sure did a nice favor to Chihiro to reveal Rea to him. Darin keeps looking good while having Rea's school uniform. Found it interesting to meet Miss Morizono Aya, Rea's teacher whom is quite young at that.

That was kind of wild of Daring to jump off the building like that but it proves later on that she really is half-zombie as long as she has some poison in her of the hydrangeas. What Daring revealed in the spoiler
is really scary about the "Fresh State" Rea might lose it at this point and since Daring has been so long in the research project I see no solution yet of this problem. Kind of laughed that Rea actually realize she is older than Darin.

Really interesting part here, which is part that Rea is gorgeous with her smile. Regardless her attitude as a zombie may be key that will prevail the "Fresh State" It was kind of gross to see Rea missing her arm (WTF @ the censors) although she did save Darin from the fall. Still it was Darin's fault in the first place for taking that jump. In the end I have a bad feeling about Darin's intention other than reattaching her arm.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 7, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2007
ohhh man her arm ripped off. awww .... she is totally ok with being a zombie and the fact she died somehow... ho w ?

so the dr is young ... and cute in a school uniform.
Jun 1, 2011 12:30 AM
Mar 2009
Wait...the doctor is definitely older than Rea and Furuya right?

Lulz, her arm fell off and she's still so positive. Still, I thought she would have waited for Furuya's invitation.
Jul 5, 2011 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
Rea has even bigger problems now, they have barely begun to solve the problem of preserving her body for the long term, and now there's the problem of her changing physical condition after one week. Granted, there's the small possibility that Kurumiya is lying or mistaken, but that doesn't change the fact that her problems are urgent and time-sensitive. Also, no Wanko this chapter?
Aug 14, 2011 5:08 PM
Feb 2011
Yeah, no. Girl, if you really wanted to enjoy life while you still can, you'd have asked Furuya out instead of some girl you want to "bond" with. Losing points in my book, there. Also, how the hell did she know Kurumiya's exact age? That just came out of nowhere, seriously. How could she be 14 if she helped Boil all those years back? He seems to have stopped researching a long time ago.
Don't really know what to think about her acting all carefree. Putting up a strong face or actually an idiot?

Oh, and I always have to laugh when a character jumps off a ledge and manages to save another person who's been falling for a few seconds already. *rolls eyes*
godspeedspikeAug 14, 2011 5:14 PM
Jan 8, 2012 7:42 PM

Sep 2011
I find the blonde woman to be VERY PRETTY.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 9, 2012 9:08 AM

Jul 2009
... Just how did she except to get her arm down with a stick?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 30, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
Sad, I don't want to see her skin rot.
Jun 23, 2014 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
His is the episode of Darin in schoo uniform<3

On a second thought though, this was a happy filled with revelations. The first zombie and Rea wanting to eat furuya is hinted.. It is somewhat romantic
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 15, 2022 8:45 AM
Feb 2020
slayed slayed slayed idk what to say

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 56 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Sep 5, 2014

84 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 23, 1:07 PM

» Sankarea Chapter 56.1 Extra Discussion ( 1 2 )

End - May 27, 2015

95 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 4 Discussion

Laevantein - Mar 17, 2010

49 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 1 Discussion

RobinotX - Mar 6, 2010

15 by removed-user »»
Mar 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 55 Discussion

Henticle-Tentai - Aug 12, 2014

27 by lqt »»
May 23, 2021 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.