Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2010 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mixed feelings with this episode. 4 of 5 is enough... and Chaos on the good side (?) unamused me. Looks like link both anime and manga is gonna be a hard task

Review here

Update: Now i notices some screwed moves from AIC ASTA:
- Tomoki being both Astraea and Nymph master: he wasn't supposed to be Astraea master
- Tomoki saying "don't dare to die": that's important line from Hiyori's arc...

chalcoDec 10, 2010 5:26 PM

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Dec 10, 2010 11:56 AM
Oct 2009
I liked Chaos better when she was a creepy loli.

Either way episode was pretty fun overall. Nice action scenes. Ikaros didn't lose her memories of Tomoki. Tomoki was extra manly this episode as well.
Dec 10, 2010 12:16 PM

Oct 2010
omg sooo awesome. i just love it how they always mixed up the comedy and serious eps. anyway a really awesome "last ep" because i think the last one will just be a fun/random ep. Cant wait for the movie/3rd season

oh and yay for nymphs new wings and chaos "uso da!!!!" is epic as well.
i love this serie <3
Dec 10, 2010 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
This episode were pretty good.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 10, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
The disappointment for me isn't there as I haven't read the manga myself (despite how good I hear it is), but I'm just happy this whole thing is over. I wonder how this'll wrap up.
Emotional? Hilarious? :S
Dec 10, 2010 1:13 PM

Feb 2010
next week is the last :/
can't wait the movie D:
Dec 10, 2010 1:17 PM
Dec 2008
the opening sounded a little different
Dec 10, 2010 1:21 PM

Sep 2007
If in manga, Chaos will join TOO Tomoki, that will be fun.
Imagine a Yandere loli who want Tomoki to learn to her love ? :D
Dec 10, 2010 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
Omg.. Ikaros is like so human now.
Dec 10, 2010 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Hell of a fight
Dec 10, 2010 2:00 PM
Oct 2008
I don´t like the episode. It has been "strange".

Everything happened very fast, and I don´t like it. Chaos has come and has waiting until the arrive of Ikaros and Nymph. After, we have the "magic" of Nymph (the scene of his wings seems not very emotional to me).

Is a strange episode, all has happened to fast.

pd: sorry for my poor english.
Dec 10, 2010 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
This felt like a load of cheese.

They really should have stuck with the manga.
Dec 10, 2010 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
Looks like Chaos is joining Tomoki's harem? Pretty good episode. Wonder how this will go down in the manga.
Dec 10, 2010 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
So is Ikoros going to lose her memories or has she aborted the program?
Dec 10, 2010 2:36 PM

Jul 2009

They really should have stuck with the manga.
Dec 10, 2010 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
Lol...Chaos reminds me of Higurashi.
Dec 10, 2010 2:49 PM

Sep 2009
harem ending?

you have my attention!
Dec 10, 2010 3:17 PM
Jul 2009
Jog said:

I usually skip the opening, but your right, as soon as I heard the first second of the OP i could tell someone else sang the op for this ep
Dec 10, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
Who was the girl in the guy's dream? Future Nymph? And what was the lock for?
(sorry, skipped like 8 episodes, felt bored and wanted some ecchi and so far it's been pretty amusing, except this episode where I am like what? what just happened, haha).
Dec 10, 2010 3:47 PM

Jan 2008
i feel a bit rushed... ep 7&8 was better
Dec 10, 2010 4:06 PM

Oct 2009
Jog said:

Ikaros version (?)

eter said:
After, we have the "magic" of Nymph (the scene of his wings seems not very emotional to me).

msskitties said:

That's exactly what i wrote on my post, but MAL sometimes is a complete b*tch and didn't updated my post ;-;

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Dec 10, 2010 5:15 PM

Sep 2009
Kurogashi said:
Who was the girl in the guy's dream? Future Nymph? And what was the lock for?

That girl was (and I hope i spell it correctly cause it's a pain having to check the char roster) Daedalus, the creator of the 1st generation angeloids....she, like every other girl in the series, also has the hots for Tomoki.

as for the lock...plotkai
Dec 10, 2010 6:12 PM
Sep 2010
Liked this episode and can't believe Chaos survived!!! This is going sort of like the manga. To those who read this month manga, you will understand what I mean.
Dec 10, 2010 6:32 PM
Jul 2009
Tomo finally gets to speak to Daedalus for once. It was nice how they stopped Astrea from killing Chaos, now I think they should send Chaos to Daedalus to fix what wrong with her. And finally Tomo has the guts to take the three in command. Nymph's power up ability is really cool I think. And Eishirou saved Mikako that was good.
Dec 10, 2010 6:52 PM

Jul 2009
Nymph got her wings back T_T...................AWESOME :D
Dec 10, 2010 7:27 PM
Jun 2010
sidewaysviews said:
Tomo finally gets to speak to Daedalus for once. It was nice how they stopped Astrea from killing Chaos, now I think they should send Chaos to Daedalus to fix what wrong with her. And finally Tomo has the guts to take the three in command. Nymph's power up ability is really cool I think. And Eishirou saved Mikako that was good.

The Ei and Mikako scene was great. 5/5.
Chaos finally falling asleep was so <3.
Dec 10, 2010 7:43 PM

Aug 2010
This episode validated the whole series in my book. Awesome fight with an awesome conclusion.

The op cd has two versions of the song, so I assumed they just switched it this time.
Dec 10, 2010 8:18 PM

May 2010
What a disappointment.

I was actually hoping Chaos would utilize her illusion powers a bit better (with the episode titled 'Elegy of Illusions') after she had 'evolved,' (which apparently didn't seem to make a noticeable difference in her combat abilities) and Nymph growing her wings back to be done in a better manner. The action sequences were alright, but Chaos constantly grabbing people with her wings/tentacles doesn't really cut it out for me. It was much better done in episode 8, frankly.

Everything felt completely rushed and cheesy. Seriously, the last thing this series needed was more filler. Either this will cause a third season to cease to exist due to severe canonical issues involving a pretty important main antagonist, (unless Chaos in the manga also manages to survive for whatever the reason- or Chaos in the anime turns back to the loli form for whatever the reason) or we can just have a completely filler third season. By the way, what the hell was the point of Ikaros losing her memories again?

I suppose I'll wait until the last episode. Still, disappointment.
Dec 10, 2010 8:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
why must they deviate from the original material....sigh....I just hope not all the series of this season (adaptations) will end up as anime original endings.

I'm glad Katanagatari followed the novels though....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 10, 2010 9:15 PM

Jun 2010
A little disappointed there was a everyone's warm and happy ending with Chaos, but I'll accept it (not that I have a choice, of course).

So Daedulus(sp?) has the hots for Tomoki? That's how it looked at least. So he gets teenagers, little girls, and now women. Lovely. Next week's last episode, hope they end it conclusively so I can be satisfied.

The OP sounded different too, in a good way of course.
Dec 10, 2010 9:23 PM
Apr 2009
Well Anime and Manga can never be joined again. I prefer the Manga version that we saw this week. No Hiyori this season? What a shame. Its a shame when Anime and Manga don't match up, forcing you to read/watch two different series in the end.
Dec 10, 2010 11:03 PM
Sep 2008
yay for chaos
Dec 10, 2010 11:52 PM

Jan 2010
Now that I'm thinking back on this ep again - how the fuck did Nymph's wings magically reappear?
What the fuck was that. I was questioning it when I saw it happen. :S
Dec 10, 2010 11:57 PM

Mar 2010
A2ZOMG said:
I liked Chaos better when she was a creepy loli.

She was SO much better as a loli T_T. Hope the manga adds Chaos to the harem like it appears the anime is doing. A yandere loli in the main cast my trump my love of Nymph.
Dec 11, 2010 12:08 AM
Nov 2010
Who cares if it doesn't follow the manga? I mean, it would be like watching something you already know.

All that matters is that they make the story properly. I hate how people think "not following manga = bad anime". It's actually "crappy storyline and planning = bad anime".

As for Nymph's growing back her wings, it's probably because Tomoki said he wants to be her master.

Sorry for above, no offense intended.
Dec 11, 2010 12:24 AM

Apr 2010
Judging from what happened during the ED, it looks like Chaos will be staying with them. I wonder what exactly that lock does though, since they didn't explain it(does it cancel commands from her master?).

I've noticed that Sohara & Mikako's voices were different the past few episodes. Now it seems like Ikaros' voice was different this episode or was it just me?

I'm guessing due to it being an anime-only episode. But the animation quality really dropped this episode. It's very noticeable in the big battle after Nymph uses her hacking field.
tangytangerineDec 11, 2010 12:57 AM
Dec 11, 2010 12:27 AM

Aug 2010
Seemed pretty rushed. Nymphu being winged again was anti-climatic, sort of like, "Oh look this happened okay fight!" Was really looking forward to that, too =[

Once the fight really started going toward the end it was pretty epic.

I love this series, this episode just felt real rushed. It can't be helped, I guess.

Next week is likely the silly wrap-up episode. Almost wish they had taken two episodes for this one, instead of rushing it. Then again, I <3 the silly episodes. Oh well... I may actually start reading the manga, which I generally try to avoid doing.

Gonna be sad after this season ends. Sora no Otoshimono, Amagami SS, TWGOK, Motto Toloveru, Ika-chan, Zakuro, Yosuga no Sora, MM!, Ore Imouto.... so many good (read; hnnnngggg) shows ending =[ I'm gonna be all lost, having to fill my boring life with actual activity. At least Index is continuing I guess.
ThillygoothDec 11, 2010 12:32 AM
Dec 11, 2010 12:30 AM

Aug 2010
tangytangerine said:

I've noticed that Sohara & Mikako's voices were different the past few episodes. Now it seems like Ikaros' voice was different this episode or was it just me?

Sounded to me like they were trying to make Ikaros sound more human in this episode... with her actually crying, etc. I didn't notice the others' voices though.
Dec 11, 2010 12:32 AM

Jun 2010
Thillygooth said:

I'm not sure about the others, but I definitely thought Sohara's voice sounded different.
Dec 11, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2007
wakka9ca said:
why must they deviate from the original material....sigh....I just hope not all the series of this season (adaptations) will end up as anime original endings.

I'm glad Katanagatari followed the novels though....

We will not be sure about that until one or two chapters in the manga.
Why all have to say "deviate" from the original material ?
Look at Sekirei Pure Engagement ...
Uzume = Deviation = NOT DEVIATION !
Until the author finish the fight in the manga differently, we can't say the anime deviate ... because actually, it's the same fight we have in manga and anime.
For the rush thing about Nymph, yes it's a little sad but that not disturb me.
Dec 11, 2010 3:27 AM

Feb 2010
the fight was ok but the entire ep was rushed and a letdown i hope for a better version in the manga.
Dec 11, 2010 3:46 AM

Jun 2010
Big disappointment for me, the fan of manga. It made everything look much worse than the manga version, especially Nymph's wings recovery. Daedalus and Tomoki's meeting was when I almost ended watching. Also Tomoki isn't Delta's master. And hopefully will never be. I could go on but I won't. In the end this episode pretty much destroyed the whole SnOF anime. IMO.
Dec 11, 2010 4:48 AM

Apr 2009
OP and ED are basically the Hayami Saori (Ikaros) vocal versions. The ED is the same as the first episode's Kaeru Kara except also with Saori vocals.

A tad messy this episode, I honestly did think those disappearing memories of Ikaros would play a more important plot point. Also Tomoki's appearance serving as the power up everyone needed seemed a bit deus ex machina.

More thoughts here.
Dec 11, 2010 6:15 AM

May 2010
The action in it was good , nothing worse .... but a huge impact on me is choas ! damn she look more ...... Mature
Dec 11, 2010 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
Im curries what the "lock" Tomoki got from Daedalus does to Chaos (Chaos is hot).
Dec 11, 2010 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
i can't believe next ep will be the last one T_T
Dec 11, 2010 7:08 AM

Jun 2009
Well about how all this happened i can only say: "WTF!? They're eriously mixing up things here," But i guess the ending for Chaos arc is gonna be the same anyway. This also suggest, Hiyori's arc is gonna be animated in the movie, and we should expect new season in future.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 11, 2010 8:24 AM

Jan 2010
didn't like it.. 3 of 5..

the manga was way better.. they should have stuck to the manga.. I'm guessing they don't want to have a season 3 that's why they made the anime original.
Dec 11, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
I dunno, I have mixed feelings for this episode.
The bad things:
1. They seriously messed up the canonical order of the manga. Chaos just appeared in the latest chapter of the manga and her evolution was different and has much more meaning and impact than just eating fish like she says here.
2. The lost memories issue of Ikaros was just left off like it was nothing just because they won. A bit lame.
3. Tomoki didn't become Astraea's master...yet. We know she'll be his but it hasn't happened in the manga.
4. All that evolution talk but Chaos's powers seems the same. Her appearance only changed. And wtf, being subdued by a lock and joining Tomoki's harem? No freaking way.
5. Tomoki and Daedalus meeting totally ruins the meaning of those dreams he's having.
6. If this is the same as Sekirei, then this was a major spoiler for the manga. I really hope what happened here isn't the same as in the manga. Manga Chaos is more scary and had a very different method of evolving. I don't want to see her joining Tomoki's harem.

The good things:
1. Fight scenes were a bit great. And so is the sounds.
2. They placed the return of Nymph's wings well. Though the focus wasn't completely on her so some effect was lost.
3. Chaos was hot. (Is this good or bad? xD)

So movie is the Hiyori arc huh. After the movie, the anime cannot follow the manga any further here without suffering some major changes to the plot just like Sekirei.
And there's not much material left to adapt so 3rd season is pretty much scrapped.
Shame. Let's see how the movie fares.
As for last episode, first time I have little idea what it will be. Normally I can predict the next episodes but with this episode derailing from manga, I got lost. I have a hunch due to the episode title but we'll see.

Yeah, yeah, tl;dr. Sue me =p
Dec 11, 2010 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
not knowing what happens in the manga, this felt just wrong and rushed. I don't like what they are doing with Chaos. nothing happened with Daedalus either... at least Nymph got her wings back but without much explanation. was hoping for a 3rd season but the manga seems something I'll check out even though this show is much better as an anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono: Forte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cordelia - Dec 17, 2010

134 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono: Forte Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 3, 2010

105 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 15, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono: Forte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

11223344 - Nov 26, 2010

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 15, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono: Forte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chalco - Nov 19, 2010

112 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 15, 2023 4:43 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono: Forte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ekowc - Nov 12, 2010

109 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 15, 2023 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.