Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 3, 2010 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
Elsee is just so great
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 3, 2010 8:07 PM

May 2010
"Where there is life and save data there is hope." - WIN!!

Kanon is cute but with Elsie around she's just a plain girl I think... >.<

So this "loose souls" can actually control the body they entered..

I didn't read the manga, so just my guess..
Nov 3, 2010 8:15 PM

Jun 2010
Kanon's style reminded me so much of Ranka's from Macross Frontier. If only she was more similar to Ranka-- She would be less annoying.

And why did she disappear all of a sudden?
Nov 3, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2010
Swofty said:
Man, that PFP sure is durable.
I wish my stuff (and I) could survive intensively "safe" electric shocks like that.

Don't we all? I know I'm constantly getting tased by "safe" tasers all the time :)
Nov 3, 2010 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
StellaNoxFleuret said:
Kanon's style reminded me so much of Ranka's from Macross Frontier. If only she was more similar to Ranka-- She would be less annoying.

And why did she disappear all of a sudden?

Less annoying, but annoying nevertheless. Never liked Ranka in Macross Frontier anyway lol
Nov 3, 2010 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
Remember to use stun guns at a safe distance
Nov 3, 2010 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
Spawwvy said:
atruong18 said:
not too fond with kanon's voice, but ill prob get used to it

Same, but for me I think it's because ever since I've laid my eyes on her in the manga, I've imagined her with Yui Horie's voice, which would fit her perfectly in my opinion. Anyone with me on this?

hmm. thought didnt occur to me, but after looking through the list of characters she voiced (specifically makie from negima), i thought that it would fit quite nicely.

dont know, i feel like the kanon VA seems to sound too assertive to what i imagined her to be. though who knows
Nov 3, 2010 9:46 PM

May 2009
Now I see why Keima prefers game idols. They don't electrocute you.
Nov 3, 2010 10:02 PM

Feb 2009
Eh, I thought Kanon's voice was great. And a lot of songs here puts K-ON!! to shame xD. Her character design is also great.But she seems kinda off this episode. She's kinda different than in the manga. Oh well.
A fairly good start to Kanon arc. When the singing at the middle started I knew it will end at Kanon disappearing. If they can extend manga chapters this much, I'm doubting that this will end at next episode. Chapter 9 can take up most of the next episode with the same cliffhanger while chapter 10 can take up only half of episode 7. That's my guess though.
Keima and Elsie are amazing as ever. I'm loving this show more and more :D
Nov 3, 2010 10:13 PM

Jun 2009
So wtf's happening to this girl.
Nov 3, 2010 10:30 PM

Feb 2009
I laughed at the Nazi part.
Also
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Nov 3, 2010 11:06 PM

Oct 2010
I don't like Kanon. How can I say this, she is too gullible in thinking that Keima will care for her other than because he has to get the lost soul. Also Basquash Idol group beats her anytime. Of the last Idol groups I remember.

The pain of 3 her songs...oh man the pain. My ears! I did like seeing Kanon in the nurse and swimsuit. Now that was ok.

The part I hated was when she shocked Keima. Hey come on he's my friend! You don't shock my 2D friends now. That's not cool at all! Put it this way, I was like Keima in the pic at her songs.

Anyone else? 3/5
prismheart said:
Kanon seems like a cool character, but no one can top Elsee.
Sorry but apart from Elsee Mio beats Kanon anytime.
Aversa said:
most of the Kanon parts where annoying.
Yeah they were annoying at one point I had to say shut up already!
Aversa said:
It's kind of obvious she is just a attention whore who is afraid she doesn't get recognized by people, so they start acting annoying in hopes of getting attention.
Yeah same thoughts on that one.
Aversa said:
And the sad part is that there actually people who like people with that kind of behavior, as a matter the pop music industry runs one people who like that behavior.

Yeah that's true and I agree too with it. Should I name Britney Spears doing stupid things as a example?
Aversa said:
Off course people are free to do what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone in the process, it's just that every time you turn on the radio you get to deal with those type of people with there simplistic and annoying music.
Hurt anyone? She freaking shocked Keima! Aren't you D:< at that?
Blutspender said:
I'm somehow with Katsuragi, I hate teen idols/celebreties. Attention-whoring, playback singing fakes. Thus I don't like Kanon. Katsuragi really has some bad luck there.
Also I am with you on that one.
desolato said:
the only thing I really like about this show is the OP. Heh.
For me it's all about Keima. One cool dude!
Yumekichi11Nov 3, 2010 11:13 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 3, 2010 11:13 PM
Mar 2010
Kanon in the manga > Kanon in the anime
Maybe it's because of the voice(an amateur seiyuu) I suggest you all read the manga because so far the anime is not as great as the manga
Nov 3, 2010 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
good ep!.

"the disappearance of kanon sadsaddsa"?

i think that he was have another group before... or just her past is very dark..

And this is a new form of thats dark spirits work!
Nov 3, 2010 11:22 PM

Nov 2010
All hail the gaming Führer!

:D

To the new world (on a u-boat) carrying game idols piloting the Panzers

:D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Nov 3, 2010 11:22 PM

Oct 2010
zmjhgvn said:
lol at nazi scene
I think it's more game nazis.
WickedDeth said:
Those stun gun scenes were hilarious, couldn't stop laughing. "Please... Please let me save my game!" XD Poor Keima.
That was not funny. It was pitiful that Kanon uses that kind of low tactic to grab your attention. IRL I would press charges against that or just knock the stun out of her hand.
BitchMaster said:
Attention whore detected!!!
Yeah attention heeded and understood.
gdone123 said:
VillettaIchihara said:

Did Kanon ever stop to think that maybe Katsuragi doesn't care about her because her singing sucks?
For those who hate Kanon already: at first i hated her bitchy-attention whore character but if you try to understand her situation, she's not a bad person D:
I will take your advice for that on checking out the manga now.
Rasco said:
ah she disapeared now what
That was WTF? Am I watching suddenly Saint High school anime?
belatkuro said:
Eh, I thought Kanon's voice was great. And a lot of songs here puts K-ON!! to shame xD.
No! Just no! And no! It will never beat ED1 and ED2 nor it will OP2. No Kanon's voice can't even beat Basquash team Idol. So no, not at all.

Nov 4, 2010 12:15 AM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't like Kanon. How can I say this, she is too gullible in thinking that Keima will care for her other than because he has to get the lost soul. Also Basquash Idol group beats her anytime. Of the last Idol groups I remember.

The pain of 3 her songs...oh man the pain. My ears! I did like seeing Kanon in the nurse and swimsuit. Now that was ok.

The part I hated was when she shocked Keima. Hey come on he's my friend! You don't shock my 2D friends now. That's not cool at all! Put it this way, I was like Keima in the pic at her songs.

Anyone else? 3/5
prismheart said:
Kanon seems like a cool character, but no one can top Elsee.
Sorry but apart from Elsee Mio beats Kanon anytime.
Aversa said:
most of the Kanon parts where annoying.
Yeah they were annoying at one point I had to say shut up already!
Aversa said:
It's kind of obvious she is just a attention whore who is afraid she doesn't get recognized by people, so they start acting annoying in hopes of getting attention.
Yeah same thoughts on that one.
Aversa said:
And the sad part is that there actually people who like people with that kind of behavior, as a matter the pop music industry runs one people who like that behavior.

Yeah that's true and I agree too with it. Should I name Britney Spears doing stupid things as a example?
Aversa said:
Off course people are free to do what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone in the process, it's just that every time you turn on the radio you get to deal with those type of people with there simplistic and annoying music.
Hurt anyone? She freaking shocked Keima! Aren't you D:< at that?
Blutspender said:
I'm somehow with Katsuragi, I hate teen idols/celebreties. Attention-whoring, playback singing fakes. Thus I don't like Kanon. Katsuragi really has some bad luck there.
Also I am with you on that one.
desolato said:
the only thing I really like about this show is the OP. Heh.
For me it's all about Keima. One cool dude!

ALL OF THIS. And your avatar.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 4, 2010 12:30 AM

Oct 2010
wheresthehandle said:

ALL OF THIS. And your avatar.

I don't get the point of the avatar but it's all good to know you were like Keima in the pic. Seriously Kanon needs to re-think her ways of singing and getting audiences. It seriously stales although the comedy was good in Keima's regards of ignoring her.

Nov 4, 2010 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
Ehh. Derp wannabe idol.
Next arc kthnx.
Yumekichi11 said:
belatkuro said:
Eh, I thought Kanon's voice was great. And a lot of songs here puts K-ON!! to shame xD.
No! Just no! And no! It will never beat ED1 and ED2 nor it will OP2. No Kanon's voice can't even beat Basquash team Idol. So no, not at all.
Personal opinions, heard of it?
Then again, K-ON!!'s both ED's were awesome. And in that sense, Kanon is about just as bad as all the K-ON songs where Yui sings. Horrible, that is.
OosranNov 4, 2010 12:57 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 4, 2010 1:31 AM

Aug 2009
Those songs were actually pretty catchy~
The Nazi scene..? This Anime gets funnier after every episode.
Nov 4, 2010 1:50 AM

Sep 2009
Watch out for the game Nazi's
and also Kanon's songs were all good i liked them all xD
wondering why she dissapeared? :s

Nov 4, 2010 1:59 AM

Nov 2010
I also hope that Chihiro's band will kick ass more than Kanon's songs (no offence to all of Kanon's fans XD)
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Nov 4, 2010 3:17 AM

Jun 2009
Kanon is a nice character, but I'm not too fond of her songs. It was good, but not great. I love it when she use stun guns on Keima, it was funny.

Nov 4, 2010 3:30 AM

May 2008
i like this girl she has quite an attention complex which makes things funny and she also has some problems , i mean who allows a girl to bring a stungun

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 4, 2010 3:55 AM

Feb 2010
i not a fan of jap pop so i don't care much for this ep but yeah kanon is cute so it is a draw...
Nov 4, 2010 4:52 AM

Aug 2010
Maki_Maki said:
Those songs were actually pretty catchy~
The Nazi scene..? This Anime gets funnier after every episode.

I like the songs too. I also like Basquash Team Idol's songs for the people who are mentioning them (I instantly thought of them when I watched this ep).
Nov 4, 2010 5:26 AM
Sep 2009
LMAO, Love Cannon!
Nov 4, 2010 5:28 AM

Oct 2010
I though to add this based on Kanon's birthday about her horoscope. What's interesting about all this is that when I looked at the 2 other girls their horoscopes also matched their personality so all in all a interesting thing. Well Kanon is Pisces: http://www.psychicguild.com/horoscopes_zodiac.php?sign=Pisces

Nov 4, 2010 6:40 AM

Dec 2009
Aversa said:
I found the Keima parts in this episode great, but most of the Kanon parts were annoying.
^This. (Except for me, ALL the Kanon parts were [different degrees of] annoying. >_<)
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Nov 4, 2010 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't like Kanon.

Then why is she your av? Or do you just like the gif?
Nov 4, 2010 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
Elci was so cute when she was copying the idol moves in front of the mirror. This demon just aims to get cuter by the minute.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Nov 4, 2010 7:44 AM
Nov 4, 2010 8:34 AM

Sep 2010
Idol with a stun gun..... hmm!!! something is fishy.... :P
btw loved her music and looks.... she's the cutes in this anime so far.... ;)
Nov 4, 2010 8:42 AM

Jul 2010
Kanon's cute ;D

Love her songs
Nov 4, 2010 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
"Hmm, i already saw the ending" would he say :P But she disappeared, how is that possible? xD Seems i got2w8 for next week :D

Nov 4, 2010 9:49 AM

Oct 2010
garfield15 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't like Kanon.

Then why is she your av? Or do you just like the gif?

Because I made it for fun, I will change it.

Nov 4, 2010 10:46 AM

Dec 2009
wish I could ignore Kanon too.

lol at how long it took her to notice that he was playing his PFP~
Nov 4, 2010 11:59 AM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed the ep, but I skipped through most of the songs. Not really my kind of thing. Keima's lessons are educational as always. The OP makes much more sense now that they have the official lyrics out.

I always enjoyed Kanon, and I think everyone who is criticizing the character has to remember that the has a loose spirit in her. Her dream is to reach everyone's heart's with her music. The spirit inside her takes those feelings to an extreme by zeroing in on the one person she sees who doesn't seem to care. The spirit wishes to remain in the heart, so it continues and multiplies the behavior that caused the issues in the first place. That's why her reactions (and those of the prior girls) are so extreme. She went from being a little insecure about her new found fame, to feeling murderous intent towards anyone who doesn't know her (and I'm sure Keima is the only one who has no idea who she is).

Anyway, looking forward to the next ep as always.
CententNov 4, 2010 12:04 PM
Nov 4, 2010 12:01 PM

Sep 2007
So...she's an attention whoring ghost?
Nov 4, 2010 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
New Seiyuu <3

I was all, “Yeah, you ignore her Keima!” Episode wasn't as exciting as the others though
Nov 4, 2010 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
Wah, Kanon. I really started to forget about her, lol.
Anywaym it's nice to see her animated (:
Nov 4, 2010 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
Centent said:
I enjoyed the ep, but I skipped through most of the songs. Not really my kind of thing. Keima's lessons are educational as always. The OP makes much more sense now that they have the official lyrics out.

I always enjoyed Kanon, and I think everyone who is criticizing the character has to remember that the has a loose spirit in her. ...

pretty much this. yea, i skipped the songs too since its just filler to extend the episode, really. and at first i didnt like kanon at all in the manga. but after her spirit was captured and her reoccurances, im pretty fine with her now. though non-manga readers wont get to see this until season3 if there is one probably.
Nov 4, 2010 3:25 PM
Oct 2009
I didn't knew about Elisa making the op, but i like how she sings.

The manga is soo hilarious, I only hope this anime gets to the level.
Nov 4, 2010 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
I'm curious to know what this girl's story is but other than that I didn't find anything great about this episode.
Nov 4, 2010 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
were those zeon unifroms, they looked alot like zeon uniforms to me.
Nov 4, 2010 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
jpem said:

They were.
Nov 4, 2010 6:52 PM

Feb 2010
lol...If you haven't seen any good in this episode..

then you haven't WaTched it at all...

STUN GUNS...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 4, 2010 7:01 PM

Oct 2009
Kanon<333333
Nov 4, 2010 7:25 PM

Jun 2009
StormViruz said:
So this "loose souls" can actually control the body they entered..

It's "Runaway spirits" dammit! I don't care how Horriblesubs rephrases it. Runaway spirits sounds better and makes more sense if you think about it.
And Keima is the "capturing god" and not the "God of conquest"
AidanAK47Nov 4, 2010 8:23 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Nov 4, 2010 8:00 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
So...she's an attention whoring ghost?
Nah, just a attention whore like Bitchmaster mentioned. Maybe all girls who are Pisces with their horoscope are like that?
atruong18 said:
pretty much this. yea, i skipped the songs too since its just filler to extend the episode
There is a button called mute, I used it.
garfield15 said:
jpem said:

They were.
They were? Oh noes!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Inarius - Oct 6, 2010

364 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 5, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2010

212 by Antanaru »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:49 AM

» This anime has really beautiful music.

LordKirkis - Oct 9, 2023

18 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.