Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2010 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Giganto is down and everything is set for a happy end :)
Good episode, but somehow I thought the last few episodes were a bit draggy. Not that they were not as good as the other ones, but I like the "journey" more than the goal in this series, meaning the whole final battle stuff wasn't as fun as the first ~20 episodes of the series.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 6, 2010 9:34 AM

Feb 2009
Ironically Giganto went down thanks to its own weapons. Really good episode, fast-paced and action packed. Funny how there's always a switch or button near Lepka perfect for his attacks :P
Jul 30, 2011 7:09 PM
Jul 2010
Pretty weird ship. Guns that can fire unauthorized shots at critical areas of the ship, and detachable wings. Detachable rooms even. I can't imagine what kind of engineer designed that stuff, or what kind of funding they had to get such unnecessary additions approved.

Anyway this was pretty good. Like the last episode the drama felt kind of forced. The final showdown between Lepka and Conan already happened. It was set up, unfolded, and ended in a way similar to this. Still it was done well.
Excellent cinematography when giganto crashed, and especially when Industria ended.
Aug 3, 2015 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
You could say the finale had already happened by the end of Episode 23, and that this stuff with the Giganto was just a little extra, but man... what an extra it was.
The moments with Conan, Dyce & Jimsy taking out the Giganto was super cool, and then there's that touching moment with the founders of Industria staying behind to atone for what they had done.
Plus, the final scene with Industria burning to the ground, while quite sad was also really beautiful.

One episode left. I hope Dyce & Jimsy survived.
::End of Transmission::

Aug 14, 2015 9:17 AM

Aug 2015
This anime is a masterpiece it’s the Mona Lisa of animation, i can’t describe the awesomeness of this anime, but I’ll try, this anime will teach you the value of humanity, you have to watch this anime please please…..
i love anime and anime loves me

http://netsama.com/
Jul 13, 2017 11:20 PM

Sep 2013
thisiodfkln said:
Pretty weird ship. Guns that can fire unauthorized shots at critical areas of the ship, and detachable wings. Detachable rooms even. I can't imagine what kind of engineer designed that stuff, or what kind of funding they had to get such unnecessary additions approved.

I think they were self aware of this because when Lepka hit the fire suppression switch, it sprayed in his face to joke that the entire ship was badly engineered.
Dec 3, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
So, Lepka is finally dead, Giganto is destroyed, and Industria is gone.

Looks like goods times ahead. Let's just hope that Conan, Jimsy and Dyce survived.

Apr 8, 2018 5:35 PM

Nov 2016
Must also say that I wasn't a big fan of the extended finale,but just in comparison to the previous episodes^^

Industrias end was still quite the show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2018 3:46 AM

Jul 2008
Please let Lepka finally be dead this time...

And also, if the Earth's crust is destroyed, how the hell is anyone going to survive?
Sep 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Jan 2010
This episode is the metaphorical version of Lepka's methodology. He keeps blowing himself up.
Jul 28, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2021
After all that happened Conan still tried to save Lepka at the end. He's more charitable than I would be. If Lepka is really dead, who knows. Maybe he miraculously survived again. I wonder how Jimsy and Dyce are going to make it, they fell into the ocean on that giant section of the ship. I'm still looking forward to Orlo getting what he deserves, but maybe he'll end up getting some kind of redemption. Anyway only one episode left, I'm going to miss this series when it's over.
Dec 29, 2021 6:09 PM

Aug 2016
god, finally!!! rest in piss, Lepka.
:v
Jan 21, 1:50 AM

May 2019
Well that's a really cheap and dumb ways to die with how weaponized and big the airship but ended up blowing up the whole ship just because of one overpowered kid. I never thought I would dislike a kid character so much like Conan with how ridiculous and lazy he is written just to be seen as heroic and strong the kid while other adults or the villains are simply one dimensional, dumb and evil. How naive ! At the end of the day we would never find out why they would make that electromagnetic bomb to destroy the earth and how solar energy is the only obtainable energy ?

4 hours ago

Aug 2021
That flying fortress of a plane was too big and too powerful for its own good. As a symbol of the old world, it also destroyed itself.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 26 Discussion

storm-12 - Aug 14, 2010

39 by SlavaOlkhov »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 23 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 17, 2010

11 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 8, 2010

12 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 7, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 16 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 8, 2010

9 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 14 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 4, 2010

7 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 4, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.