Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2008 11:39 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well i'd been assuming since they flashed the one the old lady was wearing that that ring indicated an enemy organization of some sort, but i guess this confirms it.
Aug 4, 2008 2:14 PM

May 2008
It was an alright episode. We learned a tiny bit about David. I wonder what we'll learn next..
Nyaa~
Nov 18, 2008 3:15 PM
Apr 2008
We learned a lot about Diva. I had no idea that was a girl.
Dec 7, 2008 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode, some story background about David, something new about Diva, and the lady in the train is not Liza.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nov 6, 2009 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Oooh so David has more to him than I thought and Liza is not that woman on the train because we saw her get thrown off the other one.
Jul 19, 2010 10:56 AM

May 2008
Great episode, I seriously thought that David is gonna die, I hope he will be alright. But I'm glad since we learned a bit about Diva, I can't wait for her to show up~
Sep 28, 2010 6:04 PM
Aug 2010
Wow, in this episode I learned that I didn't knew the reason tthat made the group go to Russia, in first place... Guess i'l need to pay more attention from here now on.
Mar 22, 2011 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
i wonder what the russian lady is schemeing. she doesn't seem like someone we can trust.
Jul 26, 2011 1:24 AM

Jan 2011
More pieces of the puzzle coming together. Next episode we see what "Liza's" little game is...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 24, 2011 7:48 PM

Jun 2011
ManU-Alchemist said:

The name sort of gives it away, don't you think?
Sep 30, 2011 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
Dissent said:
ManU-Alchemist said:

The name sort of gives it away, don't you think?

yea lol
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 17, 2012 7:51 AM
Jan 2012
A really nice episode. I really like David - he is reasonable and realistic - something a lot of shounen characters lack.
May 14, 2012 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
Shes evil!!!
Aug 29, 2012 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Playing with fire, you're going to get burned.
Jan 22, 2013 7:58 AM

Jan 2012
Some background about David. Nothing really special this time.

Apr 7, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2012
this episode was kinda boring to me but im assuming we are going to meet diva soon!!!! :)
May 23, 2013 5:32 PM
Feb 2013
Kai is so stubborn! lol This was a good episode. Dang that wound on David's back...he looked like hewas going to die
Dec 1, 2013 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that finds the glories of both the GUI and the narrative moving. Accomplice in the plot that so many historical references seem to involve me more than usual. The climax of salt, I find that the plot has grown more than it was in this episode. Many topics are now the ultimate truth! * _ *
Beautiful end card!
Mar 9, 2014 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
4/5

A pretty good episode, nothing extraordinary but we are starting to learn more about Diva and the members of Red Shield. I think my favorite part of this one was Lewis' banter, he is a fun character to watch. I'll admit when I saw him and David going down the shaft I thought one or both wouldn't be coming back, but I am glad they both survived. Kai finally got his pistol! Hahaha.
"But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."
-Alan Watts
Nov 30, 2015 4:50 AM

Feb 2010
Still a lot of snow, but nice historic touch with Chernobyl and secret cities.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 12, 2016 2:36 AM

Dec 2007
I have to compliment the staff for doing such a great job on the background images. It's a perfect recreation of Soviet style buildings, type The Dawn of Communism.

This Kai lad is seriously getting on my nerves more and more with every episode. He annoyed me even more when he said he hasn't heard of Chernobyl
Mar 7, 2016 8:13 PM

Sep 2014
I swear to god David had a death flag this episode.

Kai might have gained some respect towards David.

It was really fun seeing Kai, David, and Lewis going out on a mission together.
Jun 12, 2016 11:43 PM
Aug 2012
when they finally pay attention to that ring of hers and understand that she's an enemy!
Jul 23, 2016 6:01 PM
May 2010
Ooh that blue ring... R-red v-vs b-lue?!
May 17, 2017 1:47 PM

Jan 2011
Saya seriously needs to work on her Chiropteran detection skills.

And while not blowing hat building up could lead to Andrei escaping, now they have to back there and clear up all the rubble for Saya to kill him - after all, sooner or later someone *will* stumble upon him while going through all that rubble.

And how he ended up in that huge block..he easily freed himself there, but somehow he was placed in there. Maybe before he was (completely) a Chiropteran, and he didn't free himself because nobody was around.

Might actually a temporary solution for more of them. Completely encase them in concrete or something, so they don't know that someone is nearby and won't move. Though accomplishing that would be a challenge on it's own..
Aug 30, 2020 12:39 AM

May 2015
Yooooo, where is my GEORGIE???
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 5, 2020 8:59 PM

Oct 2019
A few observations about the show until now :

The Red Shield team are not as professionals as they might think. In particular their "secret agent" skills suck badly, since they do not really take any care to remain secret at all. Let's count some of their blunders...
1)Why oh why would they send Saya to that school in Vietnam for a supposed super secret "infiltration operation" and have her name herself, er, Saya?
2)Why would Saya and Haji talk so carelessly in the school's garden like good old pals, clearly projecting that they probably knew each other from before?
3)Why would David and Julia approach Saya so directly in the dance party of the school, again suggesting that they knew each other?

The above, and many others, are usually plot devices to move the story forward, but they are examples of very poor and/or plot hole ridden plot devices that the writers could have avoided should they have taken a bit more care with the script.

Last but not least we have the case of Liza in the last couple of episodes. I very much thought (just like everyone, I am sure) that when Liza glided (this was not a jump) away from the train in a conspicuously non-human & laws of physics defying manner while looking at Julia with a sly, predator-ish expression, that this was the moment of the escape of the former old lady. "They are about to suspect that I am the one who injected those two guys with Delta 67, so let's bolt while I have the chance!", I assumed that she thought.

Then later on, to my astonishment, we see her with the team as if nothing had happened! Instead of bolting she apparently went to look for the guys who fell from the train. This bizarre explanation, the clearly superhuman way she exited the train and the fact that noone in the team has noticed that she wore an elaborate and non subtle at all ring when she returned from the toilet that she didn't wear before, make Liza's case the worst plot device so far in the show, by far. It felt as if the writers had written "Liza" as having escaped, the artists rendered her escape, then the writers changed their minds and had "Liza" rejoin the team but the director forgot to edit out (or modify) "Liza"'s escape.

I wonder if that ring is not merely decorative or signaling that she belongs to "Blue Sword" or something, and maybe it is a magic ring that allows the wearer to adopt any face and body they want. That would be neat, though we have seen no actual magic in the show yet.

Rant over, in the next post I will write about the positive things of the show :)
SharpedonOct 5, 2020 9:13 PM
Oct 31, 2020 4:37 PM
Aug 2018
First they say only Sayas blood could kill the monsters for good and now some gasoline fire did the trick?

Regarding Liza and the ring:
With how she introduced her to the group, we can assume they have never met in person. So they were only together for a short period of time. During the train ride, it was Julia who spent the most time with her. The only other longer interaction was during dinner in the train.

The only person who saw the old ladies ring was Riku, and that only briefly when he helped her on the train.
Then maybe again during dinner, but the old lady kept her hands below the table most of the time.

So it is questionable if anyone really noticed that:
Liza didn't wear a ring and the old lady did.

And now half of the group isn't on the train anymore, so it is less likely that someone will notice the ring.
But I am pretty sure that Riku will recognise it in one of the upcoming episodes, because the show tends to go for convenient and predictable plotdevices and events.
tr25a3Oct 31, 2020 4:58 PM
Dec 22, 2022 1:48 PM
Sep 2019
it's shit.
horrible,trash,garbage!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 11 Discussion

kittygoesmad - Nov 9, 2008

28 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jun 9, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sifma - Feb 24, 2008

52 by doitsushine92 »»
Jun 1, 3:01 PM

» what do you think

mydaddy - Mar 6

11 by RikkiRini »»
Mar 9, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Jul 16, 2007

99 by dkjiji »»
Feb 23, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 29, 2008

31 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.