Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2007 7:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

That was another awesome episode.

I liked Clare's hairstyle while she was 'undercover'. Looked real good on her.

That witch the title refers to seems interesting, and I'm always surprised about the great designs of awakened ones. Though I wonder if Clare can beat her and her little slave monster after taking those pills. I know a day passed since she took those but I don't exactly remember how long they work. For some reason I also liked that destroyed castle with the that 'witch's' dungeon beneath it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 11, 2007 7:28 AM

Oct 2006
W00t! I just love Clare's new outfit (Cloaks ftw). To bad she probably wont keep it for long, so goes for her hairstyle that is back to normal already.

Anyway, not much action in this episode but I enjoyed it a lot. Clare's starting to look a bit... "Teresa-like" the way she handled those Youma was great.
We also got a decent glimpse at the organization this time... and now we know the reason why Clare was allowed to have Teresa's flesh and blood.

And also this new girl which name I already knew due to her being in the char db. I'm guessing she's a really powerful Awakened, since she commands the other one like that. And seems she's trying to awaken Claymores on purpose to "recruit" strong ones. That thing got me thinking... maybe the Awakened some kind of hierarchy system that we're not aware atm.. that would explain why the Male awakened follows the "girl's" orders like that and a couple of other things too.

Maybe we'll get some answers in the next episode. And seems Galatea is gonna make a re-appearance too. Looking foward to it.
KayrhandrosJul 11, 2007 7:32 AM
Jul 11, 2007 7:46 AM

Feb 2005
Riful appeared at last! She's brilliant XD
A good episode as always.
Jul 11, 2007 9:25 AM

Apr 2007
At least we know Raki is still alive and kicking out there. It doesn't seem he's gotten anywhere in terms of upping his strength though.

After falling out of contact with the organization for 3 months I'm surprised Clare felt obligated to assist in the awakened being hunt. She invoked her number in the organization as she went out so was it a sense of duty? Or perhaps she thought she'd run into Priscilla? Whatever the case, that little girl and her goon look like they'll be some very tough fights. Since Galatea will be making an appearance, I wonder how much of an effect Clare will have in the overall battle.
tainteddonutJul 11, 2007 11:29 AM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 11, 2007 11:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I think it's just for the sake of fighting awakened beings. And Raki seems to 'work' on his stamina, why else would he have decided to walk through that sandstorm.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 11, 2007 1:24 PM

Jan 2007
Clare has to be moving up in the rankings at least a little bit, they've been dropping like flies lately...

Another very interesting episode. Liked Clare's new hairstyle, wish she would keep it. :)

Also...this face...priceless.

Jul 11, 2007 1:29 PM

May 2007
I thought so too. Raki's probably trying his hardest to beef up so he can be "useful to Clare". I'm hoping Raki will have some significant role later on although since he's a main character thats kinda inevitable, However a significant role could be him getting killed off so Clare can use his death as power up material (i seriously hope not ;_;)

I'm looking forward to Clare and Galatea's meeting. That will be Clare's biggest test so far, lets hope she aces it (well even a c- would be good lol)

this ep seemed like one of those "calm before the storm" episodes so we should expect extreme awesomeness next week. The ep was still very good, i was all smiles when Clare properly dispatched those Yoma peons and Flash sword looks even cooler when our favorite heroine is the one weilding it
Jul 11, 2007 2:44 PM

Jun 2007
Mighty_frog said:
I thought so too. Raki's probably trying his hardest to beef up so he can be "useful to Clare". I'm hoping Raki will have some significant role later on although since he's a main character thats kinda inevitable, However a significant role could be him getting killed off so Clare can use his death as power up material (i seriously hope not ;_;)

I'm looking forward to Clare and Galatea's meeting. That will be Clare's biggest test so far, lets hope she aces it (well even a c- would be good lol)

this ep seemed like one of those "calm before the storm" episodes so we should expect extreme awesomeness next week. The ep was still very good, i was all smiles when Clare properly dispatched those Yoma peons and Flash sword looks even cooler when our favorite heroine is the one weilding it

The organization could be using Raki's feelings to test if a human and a 1/4 Youma (clare) can mate and have kids. If you notice the organization is surprisingly ok with her always being with him. In the manga they also always drop hints or point her to monsters that are near him. So theres definitely something going on they we all don't know about yet.
Jul 11, 2007 5:23 PM

May 2007
i dont read manga but i always considered that possibility. Since Clare is predominantly human it may somehow be possible but however, not very practical; Imagine a pregnant Clare O_O i bet it's pretty hard to pwn yoma when your gut is that size XD. But that could be a cool ending for Claymore: On top of a secluded hill in the middle of nowhere The camera pans across the smiling faces of Raki and Clare standing in a field with their newborn baby boy in tow. In the background is a small wooden shack and assorted farming tools...

not likely but on another note, a normal male Claymore can't control the urge to blow his load (lol) and go AO but suppose Raki, like Clare, had the remains of a normal claymore implanted into him and became 1/4 yoma? I think with his "love" for Clare and what not he probably could handle it. It's not like the old male Claymores awakened immediately, they just awakened too fast. With such low yoki and enough motivation maybe our Raki could handle it
Jul 11, 2007 6:10 PM

Jun 2007
Mighty_frog said:
i dont read manga but i always considered that possibility. Since Clare is predominantly human it may somehow be possible but however, not very practical; Imagine a pregnant Clare O_O i bet it's pretty hard to pwn yoma when your gut is that size XD. But that could be a cool ending for Claymore: On top of a secluded hill in the middle of nowhere The camera pans across the smiling faces of Raki and Clare standing in a field with their newborn baby boy in tow. In the background is a small wooden shack and assorted farming tools...

not likely but on another note, a normal male Claymore can't control the urge to blow his load (lol) and go AO but suppose Raki, like Clare, had the remains of a normal claymore implanted into him and became 1/4 yoma? I think with his "love" for Clare and what not he probably could handle it. It's not like the old male Claymores awakened immediately, they just awakened too fast. With such low yoki and enough motivation maybe our Raki could handle it

Thats true but we don't know how youma are when there pregnant. They could only be preggos for a week and then have the kid for all we know.

Thats a possibility that Raki might turn 1/4 but why would Raki have the remains put into him in the first place? If he did that, it would probably only be with Clares own skin/body. Also I don't think Clare would allow him to do such a think since she sees him as herself when she was in that situation and wishes him to live and die a human.

There is a chance that he could just become insanely strong thanks to the abyssal(sp?) up north. (err you don't read the manga so you have no idea what I'm saying haha sorry).

PS. did anyone notice that the head organization guys eyes where the same as a claymores? Thats something you can't really notice in the manga but after watching ep 15 you can clearly see he has grey eyes.

Jul 12, 2007 5:52 AM

Apr 2007
Yay~! Another awsome episode of claymore. I was wanting the next ep so bad, it just suddenly finished, and awwww....... T.T ... So now im anticipating next week, for the next ep, but thats also when school starts again... aww..... T^T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2007 7:34 AM

Jan 2005
Awesome ep! Can't wait to watch the two next :s Think I'll wait for two weeks and watch them right after one another :)
Jul 12, 2007 6:47 PM

Jun 2007
Too much empathy is being placed into the Raki character - My vote is he's going to bite it.

Lots of plot development here for part 1 of 3. Classic cliffhanger ending (WANT MORE NOW!)

Nice to glimpse some of the organization - even though they're being rather cryptic (along with Rubel's thoughts). Quite odd for them to wrongly make assumptions about the claymores especially with Ermita's stalking/info gathering in the previous AO hunt.
Jul 13, 2007 5:38 AM

Feb 2005
DeathfireD said:
There is a chance that he could just become insanely strong thanks to the abyssal(sp?) up north. (err you don't read the manga so you have no idea what I'm saying haha sorry).

My thoughts exactly.

DeathfireD said:
PS. did anyone notice that the head organization guys eyes where the same as a claymores? Thats something you can't really notice in the manga but after watching ep 15 you can clearly see he has grey eyes.

That is a possibility.
Jul 13, 2007 7:22 AM

Apr 2007
nice ep, i'm curious about the sick little girl. ^^
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 13, 2007 10:48 PM

Jul 2007
nihil said:
nice ep, i'm curious about the sick little girl. ^^

*hints* never under estimate the loli oO try to remember that the ugly person is obeying of the "sick little girl."
really nice episode *day dreams about Clare* ano... ooops =x
Jul 14, 2007 1:49 AM

May 2007
I, too, like the hairstyle that Clare had when she was undercover. She looked great.

More Claymores... and they die! I hope Jeane hangs on... I like her very much!

I have to admit, I was a little bothered with the noise made when she lengthened her vocal cords. I cringed even more when Jeane had those poles stuck in her body as her ribs cracked and blood flowed out.

As for Kathia awakening... I had thoughts of the movie, I Robot. Too bad she died so quickly. The little loli and Duff are so ruthless.

Clare making a preemptive strike on the Yomas just didn't seem right. They seemed so nice... and over matched too.

Oh, the much anticipated battle between Duff and Clare. Plus, it looks like Galatea is back. Yes!
Jul 14, 2007 3:43 AM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
why else would he have decided to walk through that sandstorm.

What? I frequently like to stroll through sandstorms. That HARDLY builds stamina.. of course.
Jul 14, 2007 11:16 AM

Jun 2007
oh my, Riful's partner has been called "Duff", just like the beer! (Simpson quote) XDDD isn't his name Daf?

Jul 14, 2007 11:20 AM

May 2007
selective_yellow said:
cyruz said:
why else would he have decided to walk through that sandstorm.

What? I frequently like to stroll through sandstorms. That HARDLY builds stamina.. of course.

Have you ever walked through sand blown by the wind? That freaking hurts! It feels like getting hit by needles all of your body. Never do it, unless you have protective gear.

Galatea said:
oh my, Riful's partner has been called "Duff", just like the beer! (Simpson quote) XDDD isn't his name Daf?

Mmm... beer... Newcastle...

raivel18 said:
this ep is great! im looking forward now for them to fighr! almost all the episodes here i rated 5! now i read the manga because im so addicted now into claymore! this anime really hooked me a lot! Claymore is really great!!!

btw is chapter 73 the latest chapter in manga??

From what I've read, the magazine it was serialized in is no longer going to have it. No idea when or what magazine it will be serialized in. Wait, this should be in the manga section...
Jul 14, 2007 1:27 PM

Jun 2007
Baman said:
DeathfireD said:

My thoughts exactly.

DeathfireD said:

That is a possibility.

good points
Jul 17, 2007 6:00 AM
Jun 2007
^ The organization is just a group of mercenaries to begin with, they're neither good nor bad, it's just a matter of time until it crumbles.
Jul 17, 2007 9:44 AM

Feb 2005
Alexis said:
^ The organization is just a group of mercenaries to begin with, they're neither good nor bad, it's just a matter of time until it crumbles.

So it may seem...But for some reason, I keep feeling that they have some other hidden agenda... Of course, they are neither "evil" nor "good" but I would not be surprised to find out that they are the real antagonists...
Oct 4, 2008 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
This ep was slow, but interesting in the beginning. The more info about the organization the better. The real twist was seeing that one escaping Claymore make it into town. How did she get past all the other yoma w/ those injuries?

All the demons seem WAY too smart in this ep. And leave it to the japanese to once again make a loli creepy as hell. She has got to be REALLY bad @$$ to dole out orders the way she does.

& finally, a moment of silence for Clare's new hairstyle. We will miss you.
Mar 17, 2009 8:05 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was great after about 11 minutes, it was a lil slow when she was lookin for Rocky, but still good, and the way she got a lead from the kids, talking about the fountain was brilliant. The shorty witch looks interesting, and another MALE awakened being? Awesome! He looks extremely strong, he took like 6 of that chicks tentacles, and it didn't even phase him. Then he pawned her with one mega-smash, Amazing! Well, gotta watch the next ep, see ya on the 16 post. Urahara Out!!
Aug 8, 2009 1:46 AM

Jul 2008
that claymore got totally destroyed didn't she, and clare decides to head towards the thing that casued it, not exactly the smartest thing to do
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 31, 2009 7:34 AM
Feb 2009
DonKangolJones said:
All the demons seem WAY too smart in this ep. And leave it to the japanese to once again make a loli creepy as hell. She has got to be REALLY bad @$$ to dole out orders the way she does.
You know this indicates the most fucking powerful kakuseisha in the entire series. I'm positive she will be. And the day I see Riful's true form, I think I'm gonna jizz bricks. O_O

Galatea said:
I don't think so. You know how the japs roll when it comes to English...
Mar 26, 2010 9:07 PM
Mar 2010
man i wish i watched this when everyone else did, but yah great episode
i do wonder what rank clare is these days
and yah i love the new outfit, to bad she prolly won't keep it
the cloak/sword thing is awesome ;D
Apr 7, 2010 5:15 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah- Claire SHOULD be moving up in ranks like woah.

Interesting ep...
Apr 9, 2010 6:40 AM

Mar 2009
Great episode. Lots of blood! ^^
May 4, 2010 8:21 AM

Dec 2009
wow, a little sadistic bitch ...
Aug 3, 2010 5:37 PM
Sep 2009
Clare...what an awesome hairstyle, too bad it only lasted for a bit.

When that Claymore walked into town almost dead...then when that yoma was thrusting poles into Jeanne...woah, that was freaky as hell.
chocolaetmaelkAug 3, 2010 5:45 PM
Sep 6, 2010 8:16 PM

Jul 2010
Forcing Claymores to awaken is pretty evil.

I wonder if Clare's rank will go up with these Claymores that are dying off or awakening.
Oct 1, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2010
Riful was adorable. Duff is like eh, annoying one.
Oct 8, 2010 12:25 PM

Dec 2008
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

That was another awesome episode.

I liked Clare's hairstyle while she was 'undercover'. Looked real good on her.

That witch the title refers to seems interesting, and I'm always surprised about the great designs of awakened ones. Though I wonder if Clare can beat her and her little slave monster after taking those pills. I know a day passed since she took those but I don't exactly remember how long they work. For some reason I also liked that destroyed castle with the that 'witch's' dungeon beneath it.

^ +1
Oct 11, 2010 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
She's so handsome as a man. *__* She should put her hair up more.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 12, 2010 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
Duff's one bad ass monster
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 12, 2010 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
Duff's one bad ass monster
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 15, 2011 3:50 PM

Dec 2010
That little girl seems to be an authority among the awakened beings (that's interesting), this anime is just getting better and better
Mar 24, 2011 7:38 AM

Jul 2009
What were the ranks of those 4 claymores ? Jean's 9, the recently awakened one is in the thirties, but that's about all they mention about them...
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
so i'm guessing priscalla isnt a part of this organization than? maybe by som miracle they end up in the same place.

Jan 9, 2012 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
wow such a great episode, i didn't even realise it was Claire at first hah. i like it how every one underestimates her, then she kickes there asses! the new Claire rocks!
May 4, 2012 9:44 PM

Sep 2011
And now she has become a super saiyan.
Sep 5, 2012 3:03 PM
Aug 2012
Another great episode. Killer looks on that new armor Clare wore!
Sep 26, 2012 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
Clare has gotten a little too cocky for her own good.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 6, 2012 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
Like always, a Awakened being hunt and he owns all. It starts to really look like the organization is trying to loose all their Claymores.

Oct 19, 2012 4:50 AM

Dec 2010
Okay, what I like about Claymore episodes is that they tend to contain so much more content than what's usual for 26-ep animes. The first half of this episode was so good, I just loved it so much. And then - the other part was so... twisted. There is something really weird about these bad guys, but I guess we'll find out what exactly are they up to in the next episode.

So I better go watch it!
Apr 7, 2013 2:28 PM

May 2012
Pretty awesome episode! Great development first starting with searching for Raki but changing more in a rescue mission! Pretty awesome development so far, lets see what epic fight is next!
Jul 25, 2013 5:59 AM
Jan 2011
LOL. only in anime do you become a boy when you make a ponytail haha.

Also, its a Yoma with a plan! Go Duff!!!
Sep 15, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
Clare was so cute in the beginning :3. Good episode, let`s see what happens next.
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

415 by Cynex_ »»
Apr 29, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.