Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2010 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I did NOT follow the solar tower process ^^. Funny though that it worked at night :P
But it was hilarious to see Conan and Jimsy so helpless with the technology of the Tower *gg*
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 6, 2010 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
Very funny episode!

And finally Lepka is defeated... or is he?
Jul 28, 2011 3:33 PM
Jul 2010
Well that was awesome! Not satisfied with harpooning a ship midair, Conan dived off a skyscraper onto the burning, descending metal to do a proper rescue.

Leave it to Miyazaki to show the iron city as beautiful only when powered by environmentally-conscious energy. Even then the lights are a pale imitation of nature, based on visual standards set by the things we once saw in the wild. The greatest masterpiece of technology will only ever be the one that (poorly) recreates what already exists all around us.

I cheered when Lepka died by fire
Aug 3, 2015 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
What a beautiful message at the end. It really resonates with modern society, too.
People may think they have everything humanity needs through technology, but truly, nothing beats actually going out and living your life.

Anyway, I have to wonder what they're going to do for the final three episodes.
Lepka is no more... Industria has it's solar energy, and it's inhabitants are going back out into the world to re-populate it. Everything seems to be wrapped up already.
I could maybe see one more episode that expanded on this stuff and gave everything a true resolution, but... three more?

What else are they going to throw at us? Perhaps Orlo has taken over High Harbor during their absence?
::End of Transmission::

Dec 1, 2017 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
It seems that the good guys won, and Lepka is defeated. It's really too bad that Dr. Lao can no longer see or hear, but at least he's alive, and Lana can communicate with him.

But, is Lepka really dead? The spaceship he flew away in dipped down before it went back up and exploded. Is it possible that he jumped out when it dipped down? Because with 3 episodes left, you really have to wonder.

Apr 8, 2018 4:34 PM

Nov 2016
This arc wrapped up quite nice and in a satisfying way,but I wonder what's going to happen in the remaining 3 episodes. Just slice of life ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2018 5:40 AM

Jul 2008
If that's how Lepka went out it was....underwhelming. I wonder if he's truly done with yet?
Feb 17, 2019 8:40 PM

Nov 2011
Your waifu is not real because you cannot touch her ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 15, 2019 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
They're dropping the ball pretty hard when it comes to defeating the villains. None were satisfying so far.
Jul 22, 2021 2:25 AM

Jul 2021
I think Lepka definitely isn't dead, I'm sure he jumped out while it was out of sight for a moment. In any case I think I want to see Orlo get what is coming to him most of all. I'm really glad to see Dyce falling for Monsley instead of being creepy with Lana. It still seems like her redemption happened awfully fast though, she did a lot of really terrible things after all.

The holodeck was cool and the moving walkways were funny; seems like everyone back then thought we'd have those in the future. I'm still not sure how their version of solar power works but it was not at all like I expected it to. I'm guessing the "star" was actually just that satellite moving into position. I'm also not sure how I feel about the all technology is evil message they are pushing. It feels like the solar energy in this show is actually a veiled reference to nuclear energy which there was a big movement against in the 70s.
Jan 20, 9:43 AM

May 2019
No wonder earth is totally doomed from the start if it were controlled by single dumb person like Lepka. And here we also got somewhat a spidey kid that could beat anyone whenever he wants to, very well written indeed. The way one dimensional the villain are getting fooled by how ridiculous plot amor this show never not baffled me. It's too comical to take seriously given how dire the situation actually is only solved by having two over powered kids. Lana is merely a walking plot device for telepathy and damsel in distress to be saved by Conan in the nick of time. All men are fools so they misued the energy generation and ends up destroying the earth. So apparently by their time setting, satellite is considered as star, really? Isn't satellite only used for communication and only powered by solar energy ? Why they don't freaking build solar panels if they want to collect solar energy ? And why there are only two kids have this superpowers while others don't ? I guess they are main characters for kids and good for shipping too so they have to be inspirational and sensational while also resulting in a very unbelievable and dumb story for kids to enjoy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 5 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 6, 2010

12 by SlavaOlkhov »»
May 28, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 1 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 30, 2010

18 by SlavaOlkhov »»
May 22, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 26 Discussion

storm-12 - Aug 14, 2010

38 by Cosplay_Joe »»
May 12, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 21 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 14, 2010

14 by Cosplay_Joe »»
May 9, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 19 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 9, 2010

14 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 4, 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.