Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2010 7:54 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IN this episode my rage towards Monsley and Orlo reached it's peak >.<
But luckily, with some help of Mother Nature, the Industrians finally got defeated. But Conan really is a saint, if it were me I don't know if I had saved Monsley and especially Orlo..
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 27, 2010 9:24 AM

Feb 2009
That was frightening! Finally Dyce was a man in this episode, I really like him now! I dunno about Monsley, she's a very conflicted character and I'm sure after the loss, she'll start see things the right away. As for Orlo, that guy is just a complete asshole and is the only character I would have definitely left out there to drown.
Jul 26, 2011 6:25 PM
Jul 2010
When the water crashes down around us, all the divisions fade away. Powerful stuff, and there was an epic knife fight too. Choreography wasn't anything special, but there was a little something about an incoming fucking tidal wave that kicked it up a notch.

I really enjoyed Monsley's flashback, especially because it didn't trigger immediate, unwarranted character development. She recognizes the sadness in her responsibilities and carries on in spite of it. I like how the villains in Conan were once unambiguously good, and once unshackled can easily become so again. Much like villains in real life, I suppose.

Side note:
Lana's uncle appears to be a physician, yet he refused to treat wounded soldiers. Even if they're 'enemies', that's only the case so long as an invasion is active, and even then they're equally valuable human lives. Guy needs to work on his doctor ethics. I would have threatened his wife too, if it meant keeping some people alive.
Mar 29, 2012 7:54 AM

Aug 2011
This must be one of the greatest single episodes of animation I've ever had the pleasure of watching. 5/5
Jul 28, 2015 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
Man! Great episode! I love how the tidal wave brought everyone together, all fueled by a common goal of survival.
It says something really profound about the nature of the human race, and how we only make war for self-satisfaction, but really all we want to do is survive.

Except for Orlo, of course, who remained a total bastard even in the face of danger.

Monsley's flashback also helped to humanize her a bit more, and I'm interested to see where her character goes from here.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 27, 2017 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
Monsley completely froze up when she saw the tsunami, because she was obviously having flashbacks of her childhood. Hopefully she'll she become Conan's friend.

But Orlo, that guy really is filth from head to toe, isn't he? I don't know if there's any way he'll change.

Apr 8, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode.

The monster wave just came at the right time.

I'm interested to see how Monsley is going to redeem herself and regarding Orlo, best thing would be to imprison him :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 7, 2018 3:52 AM

Jul 2008
DAMN IT CONAN?! Why did you save him?! WHY?!?!
Oct 25, 2018 7:15 PM

Oct 2012
damn best episode yet id say. this show continues to really impress me
Apr 22, 2019 12:30 AM
Feb 2018
This show has been getting better and better each episode. Monsleys past, her freezing up because she's witnessing a tidal wave that was like the one that destroyed her home and her dog passing away. Seeing the villagers in the end take back High Harbour, happy to see Orlo defeated, hate his character. Loving the show, its interesting seeing Lana being able to telepathically communicate with Conan. Hopefully Monsley will work alongside the people in High harbour now. 5/5 best episode so far
Jun 15, 2019 8:30 AM

Jul 2008
It seems like Conan and Lana are Newtypes (Gundam).

Orlo didn't get nearly enough ass kicking and he even gets saved.
Monsley tries to shoot Conan after her flashback that was supposed to hint at a previous good side so she still deserves an ass kicking too.
Dyce still deserves an ass kicking for all the times he betrayed anyone he comes in contact with.

None of them are close to being redeemed.
Jul 12, 2021 2:42 AM

Jul 2021
I was afraid the island was going to sink, thankfully it was just a tsunami. I was really hoping Orlo was going to drown, he didn't deserve to be saved. I suspect there's going to be more to his backstory coming up though after Lana asked him "What happened to you". Whatever it was I don't think anything can ever excuse his behavior, he's just plain evil.
Dec 23, 2022 9:53 PM
Oct 2019
t7fh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 16, 2023 5:07 AM

Dec 2018
Irritating episode simply because I didn't think Monsley and Orlo deserved to be saved. Yeah I'm petty but man... They might humanize the characters more later on (already throwing hints or straight up flashbacks for both), and you know what they say, a villain turned (anti-)hero is always most likeable to the audience. But that's a different story ;_;
. . .
Apr 4, 12:37 AM
Oct 2018
Like I said in a previous episode, I already knew nothing would happen to Monsley and Orlo. They could literally attempt to murder a child and still come unscathed. Miyazaki, what a sentimental hack you are.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 26 Discussion

storm-12 - Aug 14, 2010

38 by Cosplay_Joe »»
May 12, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 21 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 14, 2010

14 by Cosplay_Joe »»
May 9, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 8, 2010

11 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 4, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 5 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 6, 2010

11 by MoblinGoblin »»
Mar 27, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 4 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 4, 2010

9 by AverageRiceFan »»
Mar 10, 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.