Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 12, 2010 8:36 AM

Mar 2009
Interesting one.
Oct 12, 2010 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

Well good that you ain't offended and no am not offended in any way ether so don't worry. So you seemed to disliked my aggressiveness with the "orgasm" comment, about what i thought the people behind the huge number of 10s was. Well fine but it's my right to be aggressive in my speech if i want to. And i can criticize as much i want, free speech and all. And you have the right to respond as much you want and criticize back. It's nice being free to say what you want to say.

Im glad you´re not offended. Since we are talking about freedom, you are right, you can be aggressive and criticize as much as you want to. I also like discuss episodes, and i dont mind to have a good fight, but still, i enjoy people who can fight "clean", which means, there are words that we should not say.
Its very nice to be free to discuss, indeed, but lets do it in a more considerate way, shall we?;D
anyway, my only request to you, and ofc, you can only do it if you want to, since i cannot force you to do , is, next time, express your opinion in a less crude way. It would be very nice of you, but if you dont want , that´s with you.
Reading your comment doesnt mean i totally disagree with you, there are things you said i agree, and other things i dont, you already know which ones, lol.

Also, ae-i was only giving her opinion:) As you said, we are all free to do it, right?

i hope we can discuss next episodes and keep giving our opinions without resentment:)

Anyway, thank you ae-i^.^ i also enjoy your comments;3
And thank you too, Pantsu, looool!

Anyway, next EP is gonna be awesome for sure!i also hope the animation gets better....
and i hope Shiki appears againXP

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 12, 2010 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
Very interesting first ep. I'm not familiar with the Manga or anything so I have no idea what to expect from this series.

I enjoy the action; I hope the animation improves, but It's not terrible.

SO many bishounen + action = win!!
Oct 13, 2010 9:11 PM

Aug 2009
First episode was too 'shounen' and a barely '-ai' :P
(Well I don't really care, I'm not a fangirl)
I'm watching this show because they promised me blood, but I expected more action and violence, something that justify that R-17+ rating in this site.

... we'll have to wait to the next episode ~_~

Oct 14, 2010 11:26 PM

May 2009
Not a great first episode... I was expecting more I suppose. Hopefully it gets better.
Oct 15, 2010 9:25 PM

Nov 2007
Okay first ep; there was sufficient introduction to the world and a few characters and a dose of action and shounen-ai. However the animation wasn't very fluid and once again we have those annoying censors (seriously animemakers, either don't censor something or get rid of the scenes which you want to censor).

Since this is shounen-ai I won't hold out for much BL but hopefully as the anime progresses we'll get better animation, less censors and more characterisation.
yamakasiOct 15, 2010 9:34 PM
Oct 17, 2010 3:34 PM

May 2008
Lame start and the animation was also disappointing. But I loved the opening and the ending and this prevents me from dropping the series yet. I hope it gets better by time~
Oct 19, 2010 9:48 AM

May 2010
interesting start...kinda slow though.....but we got to see shiki!!!^^
the animation could've been better but i luv the series so i shall continue to watch ;)
Oct 19, 2010 5:06 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty mediocre start. The fact that this is an adaption from a Visual Novel was painfully evident. The color of the blood was weird. Too bright maybe? Kind of orange-y? Maybe it's just my screen but it looked rather odd. The animation was also...not great.

The characters all seem very archetypal. It feels like I've seen them all a hundred times before. I really hope Keisuke doesn't get a lot of screen time. His type annoys me.

Also

I'll keep watching it for now though since I'm somewhat intrigued.
Oct 24, 2010 4:09 PM

Jul 2008
ugh N's voice still annoys the crap out of me = =

It feels like playing the game without the clicking ;D
I wonder which ending they're going for..

I'm really disappointed with the animation but I think I can deal with it for now ; o;

ahahah shikijfdkffjf orz the blood's kind of overkill );

Oct 26, 2010 2:25 PM

Feb 2009
This kind of story is overdone, but give it a chance and adding shounen-ai I am damn curious >:)
Nov 2, 2010 9:46 PM

Oct 2010
This anime is one of the best I've seen so far ^_^
The animation and art was flawed in some points I admit that. But I guess that's what I get for having too high expectations.
The storyline for TnC is way too good for me to drop this. And no, it's not only because of the sexy bishounens (which I agree they are). I have hardly seen an anime like this before and the dark atmosphere makes it addicting.
The music is incredible, seiyuus are amazing... besides the flawed animation and art, this is one anime I'm definitely going to enjoy, and it doesn't need explicit BL to be enjoyable either.

Rating so far: 8/10
Nov 11, 2010 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm, interesting start, felt more like a "prologue" kinda thing though. Characters seem interesting so far, especially the sword guy! :D He's so cool! I'm guessing their eyes have something to do with ... something ... :P
Censoring is not cool. Blood looks like paint lol O_O Also, it was funny how much just FLOODED out of them lol XD
Music is pretty cool though. If the OP was in English I'd love it, but even so it's pretty good (guitars ;D). ED was better IMO :P
Nov 16, 2010 1:25 PM
Jan 2009
I like the concept of whats going on but I didn't like the animation, especially Keisuke. He just looked weird. At a couple of angles, Shiki kind of looks like Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji.

So what now? Do Akira's friends follow him into Toshima?
Nov 29, 2010 10:42 PM

May 2009
the first episode seemed okay, it made it seem pretty bad-ass xD
Dec 11, 2010 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
XD Finally the anime! *jumps in excitement* ... I still wonder ... is this going to be a yaoi anime?? (or at least shouenen-ai?)

Either way the first thing I thought when Akira and Shiki met eyes ... LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! XD !!!!!!

Cant wait for next chap. Gunji!!!!! (& Kiriwar, but mostly Gunji!)
Aug 8, 2011 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
Lol, the art and animation is fucking terrible. And lol censors.

Itou Kanako ED was the best thing about this episode.
Jun 5, 2014 5:50 PM
Oct 2009
I think Shiki X Akira was my favourite pairing from the doujinshi I used to read before :D
Aug 29, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
Visuals are bleh
Voicing acting is top notch tho. Love the cast.

Plot is okay so far, but it feels so forced. :S
Feb 24, 2016 10:20 AM
Apr 2013
I've been postponing this anime ever since I've read some reviews and after I played the game I was just too scared of what to expect. So, as bad as it was, I still cried and screamed when my babies showed up because I just like them too much. I love Shiki's design but I hate his everything. But we're not here to discuss the game.
Okay, so what was wrong with those camera angles?? It's like they had millions of cameras and ramdonly choose which one to use at any given time. It deeply unsettled me, and for any reason I can't quite put my finger on, the animation was also bothering me. It lacked the fluidity I usually see in other animes.
Also, Gwen didn't really explain how Igura works. It'll be problematic if no one else explains it because it's a central point of the game, it's not some ruleless thing, there's a reason the tags exists.
But I promised myself I'd watch this till the end, so on to the next episode!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 23, 2010

130 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 25, 2022 8:50 AM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

59 by Arzoden »»
May 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nightrays - Nov 18, 2010

61 by Arzoden »»
May 19, 2020 2:34 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Nov 11, 2010

83 by Arzoden »»
May 19, 2020 2:11 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2010

56 by Arzoden »»
May 18, 2020 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.