Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 10, 2015 5:14 AM

Jan 2014
This was really cool.
Jessica is cool. Yang is cool.
But the two of them together is not cool. .(-.-).
Sep 29, 2015 6:47 AM
Sep 2012
Good episode. Not sure what side I like the best yet, I'm really liking Yang though.
Apr 24, 2016 6:49 AM

Jun 2010
fedaykin said:
Presumably, "Miracle Yang" condemning the attack as an outrage by the pro-war party to those reporters made a rather large impact on the campaign.

And maybe the fact that he left right after the attack? If people think he came to support the pro-war party because of the photo-op ambush at the airport, does him leaving before election day imply a withdrawal of support and interest? None of that's what actually happening, of course.

Those women at the bar where Yang and Julian had dinner were the first characters with non-natural hair colors in this series, I think. Was it supposed to be dyed or was it just the 1980s flavor coming through? One of the reporters later was likewise.
May 30, 2016 8:40 AM

Aug 2014
Not sure how I feel about the possibility of Yang and Jessica getting together. It just doesn't feel right.
Oct 15, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
The setting of this anime is genius, they combine medieval settings with modern setting and space setting, such a unique approach.
Aug 24, 2017 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
We're back to the political side of the story again, this time from Yang's perspective. I always like when stories deal with politics, but the presentation here was just too one-sided. Like pro-war people are all evil and manipulative whereas pro-peace people are all nice and cool? I didn't like that. It was cool to see Yang's earlier days though.

I guess the point of this episode was to give the backstory of Jessica. I'm imagining she will be an important character later. I can't wait to see until the main characters on the two sides start fighting against each other (it's obvious that that's gonna happen) because then we won't see a fight between good and bad, but rather between different people.
your waifu is shit
Jan 4, 2018 1:28 PM

May 2016
Great episode Yang can't disappoint you. 5/5
Jan 8, 2018 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
A disgusting episode in a multitude of ways. Shows the immorality of a democratic society.
Feb 5, 2018 6:56 PM
Nov 2017
Man. They fucking leveled that building. I wonder when some justice will be meted out to the PKC.
Mar 27, 2018 11:06 PM

Mar 2017
Very surprising that Yang openly accused the pro-war party of being responsible for the attack. Wonder if that will come back to bite him... I imagine Trunicht paid attention to his remarks.
Apr 27, 2018 4:45 AM

Sep 2017
I hated the restaurant guys who couldn't give Yang his private time. Fuck that restaurant.

And Yang's ward really needs to grow up. He is naive, thinking that women's minds are simple.

Jessica's party members are really hypocrites, considering that they don't want war but peace, they chose to beat up Yang. Jessica herself is THE WORST, considering that she wants Yang to go away from the war meeting. LEAVE HIM ALONE ALREADY.

And this episode made me hate Jessica even more. YOU WERE PLAYING HARD TO GET? BY DATING ANOTHER GUY? I hate women like that. Bitch.

Yang, in what world do you think it is okay to kiss your friend's fiancee? Don't care if it was your ex, but fuck you too. Jessica is poisoning him.

If the next episode is any indication, we won't be touching on war for a while and instead on boring political conflicts. Fuck this shit. I am out.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 29, 2018 12:59 AM

Feb 2017
Yang got politically framed into a false narrative. The media sure is crafty.
Nov 21, 2018 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Really good episode. Yang got used politically against his own will but he somehow contributed into Jessica's absolute win.

I so hate those PKC dudes, but they're kinda intimidating too. Tho they fucked up by blowing up the anti war party's headquarters
Feb 24, 2019 12:09 PM

Aug 2017
I'm just enjoying the fact that these military conferences Yang is forced to attend are so irrelevant to him and to the viewer that they're just instantly skipped, receiving just several seconds of screentime. Kinda breaking the 4th wall I guess.

Also, did anyone notice that Jessica's fringe is heart-shaped? So cute
Oct 20, 2019 7:17 AM

Oct 2012
Damn that Raymond guy just used Yang and that child to push his political agenda
That was pretty despicable

That's just sad, he lost his sons then his life
At least now Jessica is in charge

So far Yang seems like the "good guy" but we wouldn't know what will happen next
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 1:05 PM
Feb 2018
80% of the votes for Jessica. Jessica was about to kiss Yang right before the explosion happened. How unfortunate. Great episode.
Nov 2, 2020 3:26 AM

Jul 2016
Faederwulf said:
A disgusting episode in a multitude of ways. Shows the immorality of a democratic society.

Okay I will bite.

What is the alternative?
Apr 4, 2021 5:19 PM
May 2020
peak to see yang as a lil political pawn. Jessica and yang had something there, peak that attack ruined their moment
Apr 7, 2021 2:18 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Brilliant episode, continuing the plotline of Yang being the alliance's "hero" in return for Jessica's safety. To paraphrase Yang himself, the eyes of the girl who gave him the flowers was really asking why her father had to die at Astarte. The shots of Julian in that scene were a great addition, upon hearing that she is a fellow war orphan. The pro-war faction are real scum using children as propaganda tools.

So Julian turned the hotel security away and Jessica handled her pro-peace faction's attack on Yang off-screen. Looks like they don't want to get the authorities involved as they may relay such information to Trunicht.

Yang can't catch a break with his unwanted fame, can't enjoy a meal in a place he was a frequent patron of in his academy days without the rest of the restaurant singing the national anthem.

Yang's does what is right, saving the activist from the PKC but the doesn't want to be used for propaganda by anyone, whether pro-war or pro-peace.

There's the Yang who can't dance!

Jessica could've been injured in that attack and no way Trunicht would do that or he'd lose Yang as a propaganda tool, as discussed in the episode, it had to been a low level pro-war zealot, messing up the plans of the pro-war faction, making them lose the election.

Yang's rooting for Jessica to do her best.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 4, 2021 11:11 AM

Oct 2019
God this anime is so good.
Jul 8, 2021 1:30 PM

Jun 2020
reinhard kicks a fellow mans nuts n yang makes moves on his bros girl

rly cant trus any1 in dis show 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Aug 24, 2021 5:06 PM

Apr 2014
That's some pretty aggressive flirting tactics from Lapp.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 14, 2021 9:05 AM
Nov 2020
All the fascist stuff in the Alliance (the PKC, Truniht, exalting dead soldiers) feels uncomfortably relevant
Apr 4, 2022 8:35 AM

Dec 2007
that narrator at the end picking my interest, what the next alliance action got to do with what happened at the end of the episode? the fact that jasseca elected doesn't make her voice decisive.

the way things are:
reinhard - in the empire world he's main factor of the politic due his status/
yang - though to be fleet admiral, he's got none power.
you can relate that to the way of politic in the difference places, but in a way reinhard is much closer to activate his power on his path. yang's ideals is shown only on the battlefield, outside he have zero power. only one time when he saved jessica.
May 14, 2022 6:07 AM

Dec 2021
actually liked this episode, although i find it weird how jessica is the candidate even tho she barely even has experience. meh whatever. some nice insight to jean
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Aug 29, 2022 11:11 AM
Feb 2019
Damn, this is a very nice episode, been looking forward to see Yang part of the story.
So, this is how they do things in the democratic alliance, tragic.
As someone has said in an earlier episode, it does indeed seem that the creator is indeed almost biasless regarding taking sides so far, love to see the line between good and evil, hero and villain being blured.
The ending outcome was interesting and unexpected to me, will se how these changes play out...
HaraguroLaserAug 29, 2022 11:15 AM
Nov 11, 2022 3:24 PM

May 2018
So much dirty political scheming... the world is ugly :(
Jan 4, 2023 1:13 AM

Aug 2018
Another very good episode for Yang''s character but nothing too much interesting besides that little girl scene and appearance of Jessica
May 21, 2023 9:40 PM
Dec 2021
Best episode in a while, starting to like Yang a lot, still prefer Reinhard. The politics in the alliance is same old same old, but it never misses
Dec 10, 2023 4:41 PM
Aug 2022
As someone whose first foray into the universe of LotGH was through Die Neue These, I was surprised how much of this episode has "anime original" elements that aren't in the first two LotGH books.

Also, minor nitpick - I personally didn't like how overt the OVA portrayed Yang and Jessica having romantic feelings for each other. That if it wasn't for the terrorist bombing, Yang and Jessica were ready to act upon their hidden feelings. I got Michael Bay Pearl Harbor vibes during that scene when they were under the tree 😰

In Die Neue These and the first two books, "Yang x Jessica" was romantic pairing left to the audience's imagination.
May 13, 12:22 AM

Apr 2022
can't say i wasn't hoping to see some females have a bigger role in this, but the last thing i wanted was a romance between yang and jessica. especially since she was engaged to his friend, so i hope we just stick to the politics with her since she won by a landslide and don't expand on the romance any further.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which side had the more compelling cast of characters to you?

bucciest - Sep 21, 2023

6 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:45 PM

» How can anyone seriously think Yang is better than Reinhard?

AR550 - Nov 16, 2023

23 by Figva »»
May 11, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

62 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.