Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 6, 2010 2:14 AM

Jun 2010
CapuChuuu said:
Wow this series made me lol so hard. xDD
Not as much as your avatar did o.o XD.

But I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the episode. Didn't really see anything ecchi about it IMO. Prob because the absence of gravity defying bewb-bewbs.
Oct 6, 2010 2:43 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, in terms of flesh this was really tame. It wouldn't have been ecchi back ten years ago when ecchi was much more tame, let alone now. I think what qualifies it as ecchi in this instance is the fact that we are seeing sado get sexually pleasured, possibly to the point of climax. It's hard to tell with the way they've laid it out.

Truthfully the gravity defying bewb-bewbs are part of why I don't do much ecchi anymore. Love Hina, now there was an ecchi. The women were shapely, but didn't confound my preconceptions of human physiology with their proportions. Some of these women in the ecchi shows today shouldn't even be able to walk.
Oct 6, 2010 3:52 AM
Mar 2010
I will put this anime on-hold.......
it's not bad, blonde senpai seems very good chara, but there are many things I don't like, and there are many anime to watch in this season...... even so I appreciate originality...
Oct 6, 2010 4:31 AM

Oct 2008
Yesssss!
Fukuyama Jun using his Grell voice in this!
I felt that my heart was gonna explode with laughter lol
And trap bonus in the first ep!
I love this so much already!
Shame I have to wait week after week for the episodes :(
Anyway 5/5!
Oct 6, 2010 11:57 PM
Jul 2008
Huh.. I actually find it funny, all these stereotypical taboo characters. I think people take it too seriously, they see incest, masochism, cross dressing, and instantly think "Oh no, they tainted my animu!"
Same thing happening with OreImo. It's really a shame.
Oct 7, 2010 12:05 AM

Sep 2008
Wait wut? Tainted? haven't incest and cross dressing been staples of the medium for like, ten years or something?

Oct 7, 2010 2:01 AM
Jul 2009
Gangler said:
Wait wut? Tainted? haven't incest and cross dressing been staples of the medium for like, ten years or something?

What is the catch!?

Tell me!
Oct 7, 2010 7:20 AM

Apr 2008
Look inside their panties ^^;;

I actually hoped he do get hooked up with his first love :D
They looks like a great couple.

Enjoyable and laughed hard. But in the same time feeling sorry for all those anime male characters that get abused. Maybe it’s just easier to present as entertainment rather than girls getting the treatment from male.
Oct 7, 2010 9:10 AM
Jul 2008
Gangler said:

What I mean is, people just tend to underrate shows because of those factors. Like "This is a pretty good show, but it's ecchi so I can't rate it 8, let's rate it 7".
We all know MAL ranking is kind off a fail anyways so..
Oct 7, 2010 11:24 AM

Sep 2008
Nachotee said:
Gangler said:

What I mean is, people just tend to underrate shows because of those factors. Like "This is a pretty good show, but it's ecchi so I can't rate it 8, let's rate it 7".

Well that's nothing new. High art always gets the good ratings and low art does better in the box office. It's there in the literature and movies as well. If you like the stuff that society deems low art then you can't get too caught up in what the critics say.

I seem to recall an article in ann back during the summer discussing how bakatest had a really vocal fanbase in japan but the sales numbers were minuscule compared to queens blade and battle vixens (I'm not sure of the second title) who's fans were largely silent. Similar principle. People are more comfortable praising something when they think it reflects well on them.
Oct 8, 2010 3:53 AM

May 2010
The first episode was really funny ,, I laughed alot XD
But the main perverted character is really annoying , I hate him
I hope he'd cure from his masochism very fast ! xD .. so it's 4 of 5 for me :D
Loved the ED btw <3 <3
Oct 8, 2010 7:36 AM

Sep 2008
It's pretty rare that I find an ecchi protagonist I like. Keitaro was awesome. The main guy in the rosario+vampire manga was great. Negima is cool (though admittedly he was kind of designed to be a reversal of the typical harem protagonist). What's his face in zero no tsukaima had his moments. I'm pulling a blank beyond this

Cure the masochism fast. I like that. If we could just "cure" all these horrible characters of their pervertedness it might soften the blow a bit. I'm not opposed to the character having lust but there's no reason they can't be gentlemen about it. In fact in general that gets you farther than the whole "Sweet lord you have Boobs!" bit.

All that being said I find sado very tolerable on the scale of things. He seems to experience the full range of emotions and he's genuinely repentant, not to mention that he has issues beyond "How horrible that I must spend my days surrounded by beautiful women!" turning him into something a bit more fleshed out than I usually get in this genre. It's easier to sympathize with him.
Oct 9, 2010 7:13 AM

Feb 2010
OH my god...this is srsly a masochist?
I've never really seen or met anyone like that..I've seen sadists...and such..but
masochist? This is interesting. lol

I hope you cures it ^^
b/c it really does seem like a horrible issue to live with...I pity him in a way..
but he is annoying, lol.

- gets smacked -
AHHHHH YESSSS!!!!!! I WAS HIT BY A BEAUTIFUL GIRLL I CANNN DIEEE HAPPYY!!!

That, to me is just a little TOO weird..o___O
at least his conscience kinda stepped in...>___>"
at least he has one, lol
Oct 9, 2010 7:17 AM

Sep 2010
I like this...it's interesting (=
Oct 9, 2010 7:05 PM

Aug 2010
I thank the Tsundere God's for this.

Oct 11, 2010 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
Oh schnaps, it looks like Azu-nyan just got tsundere-ish after K-ON ended... a lot. It's weird and a little pervy at times, but it's still funny. I'll follow it.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 12, 2010 2:34 PM

Sep 2010
Really god over the top funny show. Not to often i really laugh out loud for real.
5 of 5.
Oct 12, 2010 10:41 PM
Apr 2010
HAHAHAHAHA

My Badge
Oct 13, 2010 4:47 AM

Jan 2010
dfsafsaf said:
Saw that this at last aired so decided to found info about it in wiki :D
Shizuka Sado:
Shizuka is Taro Sado's elder sister. She incestuously loves Taro.
Tomoko Sado:
Tomoko is Taro Sado's mother. She incestuously loves Taro.
Nanaha Sado:
Nanaha is Taro Sado's cousin and sometimes visits Taro's room. The first cousins can marry under the family law in Japan and Nanaha is hated by Shizuka and Tomoko.

This looks good :D And it's also good, that Ryuumaru are subbing it.
Oh lol, didn't expect that.

Nice avy by the way, I had forgotten how sweet Tsukasa cat was.
Oct 13, 2010 8:06 AM

May 2009
Gangler said:
Nachotee said:
Gangler said:

Well that's nothing new. High art always gets the good ratings and low art does better in the box office. It's there in the literature and movies as well. If you like the stuff that society deems low art then you can't get too caught up in what the critics say.

Enjoyable first ep. But can you really say this will be better than for example Code Geass, TTGL or Mushishi? Does it bring anything revolutionary, create the same emotion and feeling or even have the same level of animation? It will always be compared to 'high art' when rating so this sort of anime will be capped at 7/8 and rightfully so, it wouldn't touch the top anime.
Oct 14, 2010 3:01 AM

Dec 2007
Hentai masochist + shotacross-dresser = YAOI PLZ
Oct 14, 2010 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
I just watched for only 5mins coz what's on my mind was the word drop but force myself to finished it then tried to search what's the meaning of the title, and stumbled the plot that says "cross-dressing" so decided to drop this, cross-dressing is okay but to consider the role is focus on the main character, supporting is okay to continue. Too bad his 1st crush was with a guy
ZinvyOct 15, 2010 6:22 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 18, 2010 11:14 AM

Aug 2009
The only thing stopping me from dropping this is the fact Fukuyama Jun is playing a ドM xDxDxD

And a trap! Yay!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 19, 2010 5:35 AM

Apr 2010
I enjoyed watching this first episode. I wasn’t planning on watching it, but I
guess I’m gonna keep up with it; at least for a while.
Oct 20, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
Well that was something.
Oct 22, 2010 7:08 AM
Aug 2010
Funny.
Oct 22, 2010 1:01 PM

Oct 2010
didnt expect it for being so good. Not the normal fanservice one. surprised me.
Oct 23, 2010 11:45 AM

Mar 2009
i think it's nice, but i don't like that the main character is based on Taiga from Toradora. Didn't you see that ? I think they're very similar. but it's ok 5/5 ;p
" I will be your deadman,
With nothing but this blood on my hands.
Stuck in your "wonderland"... "
Oct 28, 2010 6:52 PM

Feb 2010
3 things this anime reminds me of

The pig of capitalism from Detroit Metal City.
Taiga from Toradora.
That purple hair student girl looks like that girl from strange kind of women.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2010 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
Good god that was awful.
Nov 6, 2010 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
I think imma like this show! ;D
Nov 8, 2010 8:08 AM

May 2008
It's another generic ecchi comedy show with all of the lame cliches.
I started watching it for the loli. Now, I'm watching it for the TRAP.:D

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 11, 2010 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
Omg, I just noticed from rewatching the OP that Azusa herself is in the OP!

*will post screencap here later for reference*
Nov 12, 2010 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
I know why he enjoys pain : his sister and mother are too " loving " T__T
My mom said im special . ~*
May 4, 2011 2:19 PM

Oct 2009
It's rare happens when some anime series start to annoy me, the mostly it happens of the middle it. But MM! just beats all the records.
The first few minutes+opening was enough to realise how horrible is. Such huge coefficient of stereotypes on one second of screen time.
No,thanks. Dropped to hell!
Nov 7, 2011 5:00 PM

Aug 2009
great to watch episode 1 then stop and treat it as a one-shot.
Jun 9, 2012 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
But you can't cure masochism...
Oddly enough, seeing the MC get beat up entertained me despite his joyful screams.
Aug 5, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2012
I loled some times, but in overall... i just got one thing to say: WTF?!
Aug 5, 2012 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
ricardocsc said:
I loled some times, but in overall... i just got one thing to say: WTF?!
]

That's my reaction too the first time I watched this. But I enjoyed it half way the show :D
Jan 16, 2013 3:21 AM

Jan 2012
We must be sadist to be enjoying this.
Apr 15, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 2007
That was weird. I'll keep watching.
Jul 1, 2013 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
the beginning is crazy XD
I like it..

yuno is beautiful XD but mio is not bad too.. she is cute XD

well it is gonna be awesome..
masocist? androphobia? something like this? oh! it is gonna be awesome weird anime XD
Aug 9, 2013 9:32 PM
Jul 2013
I thought his best friend was a reverse trap for a moment until he cross dressed as Tarou's crush. Is it weird that I found crossing dress Tatsukichi more attractive than Mio and Yuno?
night97Aug 9, 2013 9:50 PM
Dec 7, 2013 5:47 PM

Nov 2012
Gangler said:
It's pretty rare that I find an ecchi protagonist I like. Keitaro was awesome. The main guy in the rosario+vampire manga was great. Negima is cool (though admittedly he was kind of designed to be a reversal of the typical harem protagonist). What's his face in zero no tsukaima had his moments. I'm pulling a blank beyond this

Cure the masochism fast. I like that. If we could just "cure" all these horrible characters of their pervertedness it might soften the blow a bit. I'm not opposed to the character having lust but there's no reason they can't be gentlemen about it. In fact in general that gets you farther than the whole "Sweet lord you have Boobs!" bit.

I agree with a lot of this, especially the gentlemen's bit. I'm not a big fan of over-perverted Protagonists to the point where it's hard to watch most of them. I don't hate Anime with characters like that, but me being a "Prude" prevents me from continued watching weather or not I like the Anime itself.
Mar 4, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
My first impression was that this would join the uneviable Drop club. By the end of the episode i still wasn't thrilled with picking this anime. However it gets a fair amount better in the ensuing episodes, bringing it up to par and perhaps even more.

There is one strength of this anime that is noticeable in the first episode, namely the Unbelievably Good Seiyu. The 2 main girls are 2 of the main girls from OreImo, namely Kirino and her best friend Ayase, as Mio and Arashiko here, voiced by Taketatsu, Ayana and the to die for voice by Hayami, Saori respectively. Male lead Taro is voiced by debatably the top male seiyuu of our time, namely Fukuyama, Jun (Lelouch - Code Geass). The supporting characters also have a mixture of gem voices, for example class rep Ayasegawa, Kirino by Shiraishi, Ryoko (Himeko - Sket Dance).

Unfortunately the art is mediocre at best, with the girls being below average looking for the genre. I've been forced to close my eyes when Yuuno, Arashiko is featured, since the voice is too pretty and soothing for such a fail character design. Instead i picture the infinitely and indisputably better Ayase (Orimo) in her stead, which makes it enjoyable.
SlickDMar 4, 2014 1:22 PM
Mar 31, 2014 9:08 PM

Mar 2014
Hm. Interesting enough and a nice little twist for the first ep. I am sure i'll watch the rest of the show.
Dec 18, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2014
shounen- ai LOL, I can't stand BL but it was hilarious.
Oct 14, 2016 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
This show is better than I expected. I knew before watching this show that all this is about Sadist And Masochist and the way they present it is beyond expectation.

I was really surprised when that Tarou is voiced by Jun Fukuyama. Unbelievable. I didnt recognize him from his voice and I kinda liked his pervert voice acting.

Looking forward with next episode and I dont mind repeating the SM play.

OP is kinda cuttlefish song and ED is far more better for now.

4.4/5
Nov 16, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
Let's see what we got in this episode:

- over the top slapstick comedy
- silly masochist MC
- tsundere senpai (great combo)
- very cute trap
- great side characters (helloooo nurse!)
- nice OP, ED and voices
- good and slightly ecchi art

I'm in. Let's see what the second episode has to offer. :3
Feb 9, 2017 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
mc's constantly get pounded in manga and anime always wondered what it would be like if one was a confirmed masochist
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » MM! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 18, 2010

157 by mahdinner »»
May 8, 5:41 PM

» Has anyone heard of a 2nd season for MM! ??

Ikaros27 - Aug 18, 2011

27 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 19, 2:15 AM

Poll: » MM! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

chalco - Oct 29, 2010

228 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 10:43 AM

Poll: » MM! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 15, 2010

147 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 9:49 AM

Poll: » MM! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

msskitties - Dec 10, 2010

99 by Apratim »»
Apr 14, 2023 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.