Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
how did u find season one overall?
May 26, 2008 7:56 AM

Mar 2008
i thought the first 11 episodes were brilliant. then it went down hill ~ as most of the reviews said. it was filled with filler episodes, with hardly any character development of development of sakura and syaoran. it was painfully slow. the arcs/fillers were ok, yet got somewhat repeatitive towards the end. it was also predictable, and didnt really explain much (episodes 11 onwards) and the anime has a bad habit of repeating the same songs over and over (though some pieces were nice), and wasting time focusing on the characters faces.
however the general mystical feel of the traveling and solutions were somewhat enjoyable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2008 8:31 PM

Mar 2008
Repeating music is hardly new to ANY Anime. I grow so tired of that bull crap excuse. All music for anime is wrote in pre-production. The composer has a limited time to write pieces going off usually nothing more than storyboards, sketches music menus etc. They compose, they record and that's it. They don't score individual episodes, and I doubt any animation composers sits around and makes new music. They have other projects to work on too. Not to mention it's up to the episode directors to place themes in certain places and music continuity usually maintains an atmosphere. Why would you suddenly change battle themes for no reason?

Perhaps they also assume you are going to or haven't read the manga and/or seen previous source material. I think there is plenty of character development, getting out exposition too quickly gets people confused.

As for the tight shots, it's building on the tension of the moment. It's a common camera movement (not as much in Anime but other places certainly).

I didn't get far in season 2 before the series was licensed so I don't really know much

My gripe was the heavy use of flashbacks and recaps
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jun 10, 2008 5:23 PM

Aug 2007
I thought the first season completely failed. It was a decent storyline turned bad. Every eps felt like an adventure serving no purpose. It seems the end of their quest will never be in sight so they're just aiming blindly and hoping they'll hit the target. Just how many feathers are there?
Jul 22, 2008 10:26 PM

Jan 2008
puedjies said:
I thought the first season completely failed. It was a decent storyline turned bad. Every eps felt like an adventure serving no purpose. It seems the end of their quest will never be in sight so they're just aiming blindly and hoping they'll hit the target. Just how many feathers are there?

My thoughts exactly~
The first few episodes seemed promising and after I got past the whole long limbed characters, which I know is a CLAMP thing, I was looking forward to watching the rest. However, episode after episode seemed like a long filler and it came across as boring and repetitive. Almost like adventures without an aim...

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Jul 22, 2008 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
ShadowAlex said:
All music for anime is wrote in pre-production. The composer has a limited time to write pieces going off usually nothing more than storyboards, sketches music menus etc. They compose, they record and that's it.

Not strictly true. The director of Mushishi had Toshio watch each episode, then score it, so all the music was appropriate to the mood of the episode. But then, that's just one of many reasons why Mushishi is so awesome.

Anyway, Tsubasa has an awesome soundtrack. Yuki's scores are almost all rather similar, but Tsubasa had some great stand out tracks. Also more OSTs than a lot of series get, so it actually had more music than most, leaving less room for repetition.
Jul 26, 2008 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Well I suppose Budget plays a factor in it too. Recording studios ARE costly to rent in Japan. So it's all about how much you can spend. It's true it can be case by case but most likely in this case Yuki was given Music menus and scored the series.
Aug 15, 2008 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
ShadowAlex said:
Well I suppose Budget plays a factor in it too. Recording studios ARE costly to rent in Japan. So it's all about how much you can spend. It's true it can be case by case but most likely in this case Yuki was given Music menus and scored the series.

26 episode manga-based series mostly get 2 OSTS, thats about 20-30 tracks. Same with "TC". Problem was that Beetrain completelly failed on using them correctly - instead we get spamemd by "song of swurd and fajer" each time Beetrain thought it was "oh oh". They failed in using SILENCE. They Failed in USING music. They failed in interpreting the storyline. they failed on character design.

All i can say that TC was series after which I avoid all the anime by "beetrain" of FAIL.

jazmin_s said:
puedjies said:

My thoughts exactly~
The first few episodes seemed promising and after I got past the whole long limbed characters, which I know is a CLAMP thing, I was looking forward to watching the rest. However, episode after episode seemed like a long filler and it came across as boring and repetitive. Almost like adventures without an aim...

Hint: read manga.
Sep 19, 2008 12:10 PM

Jan 2008
@Fai

Yes, I should try reading the manga - hear it's much better than the anime :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 9, 2008 11:20 PM

May 2008
i just started watching this...OMG this has to be one of the slowest anime i have ever seen. I havn't read the manga yet and i can tell for sure if its a filler, so much things repeated and done that shouldn't have to obviously waste time. The anime itself is really good and really ingenius i'd say but the fillers and stuff is a huge turn off.
Dec 15, 2008 10:58 AM

Mar 2008
Fai said:
ShadowAlex said:

26 episode manga-based series mostly get 2 OSTS, thats about 20-30 tracks. Same with "TC". Problem was that Beetrain completelly failed on using them correctly - instead we get spamemd by "song of swurd and fajer" each time Beetrain thought it was "oh oh". They failed in using SILENCE. They Failed in USING music. They failed in interpreting the storyline. they failed on character design.

All i can say that TC was series after which I avoid all the anime by "beetrain" of FAIL.
Hint: read manga.

If you wan't to complain about repetitious music why don't you look at the OAV which had hardly ANY new music at all. I spotted 3-4 maybe 5 new pieces of music.
Jan 20, 2009 8:47 PM

Jul 2007
ShadowAlex said:

If you wan't to complain about repetitious music why don't you look at the OAV which had hardly ANY new music at all. I spotted 3-4 maybe 5 new pieces of music.

Then how about we count how many songs per-episode were used in anime and how many were used in OVA?

And how many times in anime did we get a silence. normal and silent silence fitting the scenes, instead of bombastic ost chorus? One.

And going by normal disposition, 8 pieces of music for 3, 20min episodes is , well, quite an achievement.

Not to mention that the old songs for ONCE were used correctly

More topics from this board

» Help: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 1

2 by Leashy-chan »»
Feb 2, 2:04 PM

» Why is this anime so terrible? O_O

Salmissra - Jun 11, 2013

2 by ReeraTheRed »»
May 7, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa Chronicle Episode 26 Discussion

Cloudy - Aug 31, 2008

23 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 23, 2023 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa Chronicle Episode 6 Discussion

nehnehneji - Feb 18, 2009

10 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 15, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Tsubasa Chronicle Episode 1 Discussion

enkil - Jun 14, 2009

20 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.