Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2010 10:54 PM

Dec 2009
Haruhi sure has a loyal harem o.O

Still, I'm so relieved that Tamaki followed her to Boston :D
Sep 27, 2010 11:28 PM

Feb 2009
All of my TamaHaru dreams are fulfilled xD! I used to read fanfiction for TamaHaru romantic fluff, but now it's a reality! I'm glad I stuck with shipping TamaHaru in the beginning even though at the time it seemed unlikely.
I've been following this series for 4 years (longg time xD). I'm gonna miss getting my ouran romantic comedy fluff. There isn't any other romantic comedy shoujo series that makes me feel so many emotions at once.
The fact that the girls thought Haruhi was gay made me laugh so much xDD. I honestly thought they knew she was a girl...come on, the host club knew in the beginning...The conclusion nicely wrapped up with Bisco Hatori's play on cliches.

Ouran will forever be my favourite shoujo series. I'm excited for Bisco Hatori's new series (Kinda hoping she'll continue Millenium Snow, but with Vampire Knight serialized in the same magazine, that's unlikely to happen =/)

Sep 28, 2010 5:02 PM

Aug 2010
I loved the ending! I love that they all followed her, the Host Club will be together forever! I like the ending as it is, but I would have liked a bit more of an epilogue too.

Can you imagine Haruhi and Tamaki trying to arrange a honeymoon? lol, they'd never have any alone time!

Sep 28, 2010 9:30 PM

Jul 2010
YAY the whole host club came with her! xD
Love the fact the girls thought Haruhi was a cross dressing boy >_<
Sep 29, 2010 6:10 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, that was good.

So actually no one knew Haruhi was a girl? Lulz. I wanted to see the guys' reactions. Especially the class president guy and Casanova. And it looks like Kyouya finally found his special circle of friends.

That was a nice ending although why would they all go to the same place, that's gonna be awkward. Maybe they are planning to start a Host Club in Boston?
Sep 30, 2010 3:22 AM

Aug 2010
Omg, what an amazing chapter <3 it was such an well done ending :)) sooo satisfied heheh.

Haruhi looks so pretty with long hair and a dress :)
LOL, I thought something was up with tamaki when they didn't see each other at all during the last few days, I SOOO saw that coming xD "love door" aw hahah.
The kiss was soooo cute, so expected from them <33
I love the line he used, about him being such a troublesome man :) He is, but we all love idiot,"self spotlight" depressed corner tamaki! I'll miss him!
I can't believe they thought haruhi was a cross dresser!! I thought they accepted her a little too easy, LOL. "Lets go visit him at christmas and get his tips on crossdressing!"

& Its cute that Kyoya realized his feelings for her, he's so sweet.

Cutest part was "Oh my Haruhi, naughty aren't we?" LOL. Tamaki haha, about the goodnight and morning kisses. I couldn't help but giggle!

I love how the host club is all together, the best ending ever.

"I have a feeling that, they have no intentions of becoming just 'memories' even for just a short while" We won't forget the good times reading Ouran, thank you Hatori-sensei :)
Sep 30, 2010 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
Finally the ending. Great chapter, i'll missed this manga.
Though i'm happy for Haruhi and Tamaki.
Oct 1, 2010 1:30 AM

Sep 2008
Big mistake to read the last chapter at midnight, but I thought I'd finish Ouran along with the month. I feel so conflicted now, I'm happy to see it finally 'resolved', but very sad to know its over. By far my favorite manga, for many different reasons, I'll miss it dearly.

On that note, screw sleep, I have Ouran to reread!

(One last thing: absolutely HIlarious moment when the fangirls realized that Haruhi is indeed, a girl, and that *squee* there was no 'forbidden love'-though I bet Renge's TamaxHaruhi doujin will still continue)
Oct 1, 2010 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
Decent ending, overall a enjoyable read.

A man of few words.
Oct 2, 2010 10:56 AM

Mar 2008
Pretty cute, not what I expected. It was far happier than I expected lol.
"lets meet again'?? There's going to continuations of Ouran? o.0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 1:03 PM

Dec 2007
I can't believe it's really over. Ouran is what really got me into manga and anime, I'll miss it so much!
The party reminded me of the first chapters, it really captured Ouran's spirit ( even dancing with the girl who got Haruhi's first kiss, and dressing Haruhi up as a girl again...)
This chapter was a great ending though, there was so much lol that I didn't cry as much as I thought I would... specially because of this:

LOL, I love the fact that the girls from ouran were more confortable accepting Haruhi as a crossdressing gay that has a forbidden romance with Tamaki than a crossdressing straight girl!! Love is equal!
Also, deep down I knew Kyouya wouldn't lose a bet!
Now the whole Host Club moving to Boston, this is just a new beggining!!! ( and lol Mori brought his chicken and raccoon!)
Oct 2, 2010 9:37 PM
Jul 2010
I was crying and laughing all at once ;-;
It was happy yet incedibly sad that there would be no more ouran. I thougt they knew Haruhi was a girl when they didn't freak when she wore a dress in front of them all and died laughing when they were like" He's... a girl?"
Ha! I love ouran ♥
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Oct 2, 2010 10:03 PM

Nov 2007
Lovely. (I knew Kyouya had a thing for Haruhi.) Let's hope we get a second season of the anime, now! :D

9/10 overall, and in my favourites. Host club is so much fun and I'm gonna miss it.
Oct 3, 2010 11:48 AM

May 2010
I couldn't have asked for a better ending. :')
It was all so perfect, heartwarming, yet sad to see it actual ending.
But I'm so happy.
I've shipped TamaHaru since I watched the show almost 3 years ago and to see them get that ending.
Flawless. ♥
10/10 from me.

Now season 2, please!
Let's see those kisses animated. <3

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Oct 6, 2010 5:37 PM

Apr 2010
agree with all of you
at last hontoni arigato gosaimatcha hatori bisco sensei and dunno

sayonara greatest manga ever
Oct 16, 2010 2:56 PM

Jun 2010
Very very happy with this ending. I actually think that it's the best ending I've ever read ! It was really awesome ! I'm happy with the fact that Tamaki and Haruhi almost "live together", although the host club members are just near them (It's cool that way)
Yay, I really love it, All thx to Bisco Hatori !
Cheeeeeers !~

(sorry for my bad english, I'm french ^________^)
azmatyNov 2, 2010 2:48 AM
Oct 18, 2010 8:59 PM

Jun 2007
It's over D: Actually I didn't feel sad, it really was a happy ending.
I would have liked it more if Haruhi had gone alone and returned all grown up and had a great reunion with everyone, but oh well :)
Oct 24, 2010 9:01 PM

Jan 2008
This manga never fails to surprise me. :P

hanabiii said:
I would have liked it more if Haruhi had gone alone and returned all grown up and had a great reunion with everyone, but oh well :)

That's what I was expecting! But I'm kind of glad it didn't turn out that way. Instead it just continued with its ridiculousness. XD

And it was great how everyone thought they knew Haruhi's secret but really didn't. It's sad it's over but it was such a wonderful and cheerful ending! I'm so glad to see Haruhi and Tamaki being so adorable together! Such an amazing manga!! :D
Oct 29, 2010 2:51 PM

Aug 2009
That ending was ridiculous.

Oh well.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 30, 2010 12:29 AM

May 2010
God, I loved this chapter. Everything about it was so sweet and cute. And I loved how the girls said they knew her secret but then just thought that she was gay! Oooh boy, that made me so happy! And the whole club followed! Didn't see that coming. Great ending. I kind of hope that they make a oneshot or something about all of them in Boston.
Jan 13, 2011 2:41 PM

Apr 2009
D'aawwww xD I can't believe I actually waited that long before reading the final chapter...
Anyway, good end :) I actually wanted to say that Kyouya is the real hero of this story, nyah nyah. And I will forever support HikaHaru, don't care what people say :D Even though I like Tamaki and Haruki together. Kind of.
Well, it's been many great months with Ouran :) Goodbye Mori -sniff- xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 23, 2011 8:20 AM

Apr 2010
Love the ending! One of the best last chapters!
Jan 24, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2010
It was a pretty obvious ending
Jan 26, 2011 2:42 PM

Jun 2010
So sweet I think I got diabetes haha
Wasn't exactly what I expected though after all the talk about growing up and being independent but oh well they just work so well together:D

This manga made me feel like such a fangirl and I'm not even ashamed. Gonna watch the anime now to feed my hunger.
Feb 26, 2011 8:20 PM

Oct 2009
I laughed XD , I cried T_T (almost) and it was better than i thought :D .
I loved this so much and the girls are so funny when they just thought haruchi was gay XD.I want it adapted into an anime REALLY bad.D;
Mar 30, 2011 3:46 PM

Oct 2007
WAAA! It ends, it ends!
I'm going to miss this so much more >x

It's feels a bit strange as a guy reading this >_>; But I enjoyed it. :D

GO HARUHI! LIVE YA' DREAMS!
May 14, 2011 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
that was good but i felt sad that it ended T-T
click me plz
Jul 21, 2011 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
With twists and turns near the end, the series is amazing and the unexpected ending is great. If i had any spare time i would probably reread it again.
May 27, 2012 11:19 PM

Mar 2009
I have to say, that was one of the most satisfying endings I've read in a while. I've avoided spoilers like the plague since this series ended in 2010, but I've been following the English release by Viz. It seems I've managed to pick up the 18th volume a little early at a convention this past weekend....and I'm so glad it had a great ending! The rest of the Host Club going abroad made my heart melt, it makes me sad when friends are split apart...but not our favourite Host Club. :) And Tamaki and Haruhi finally getting together made my life lol. I can't even describe the feeling when a couple you've been cheering on for years actually becomes reality. T_T
Feb 13, 2013 4:42 PM
Sep 2012
I just finished reading this manga, and now I'm going through withdrawal! It was so perfect! I can't believe it is over. After watching it and reading it, it feels like i actually got to know all the characters, but I am actually very pleased with the ending.

All the little extra chapters were great! I loved how everyone ended up together and everything just worked out. I'm very happy for Tamaki and Haruhi, so kawaii! I just wish there was more.. now I'm gonna feel this empty feeling TT.TT

What was awesome was that I didnt get mad at all throughout this manga, everything was set up well. I had a blast reading it, and laughing along the way. I thoroughly enjoyed it. GAHHH! I already miss it. LOL.
Apr 24, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
I miss it too! I was definitely sad when I finished this manga. It was well done from beginning to end and to not read about these characters anymore is depressing. I do go back and re-read certain chapters when I feel the need for a little nostalgia.

I love how Haruhi just can't shake the Host Club no matter where she goes lol.

I think, after reading the whole thing, that Tamaki/Haruhi is one of my favorite manga couples ever.

The epilogue extras after chapter 83 are great too. I love Bisoc Hatori for making them.
Feb 2, 2015 10:28 PM

Nov 2011
Nice. I liked this ending better than the anime. A bit predictable imo with all the story development but the previous chapter and this one really bought out Tamaki's true character. The relationship between him and Haruhi was inevitable from the start.

Good series overall with the comedy.

Ouran revamp please?
Nov 19, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2015
“Boston is basically the countryside.” As someone from Boston I found this pretty funny.

I was surprised when we thought the girls knew Haruhi’s secret. Then later them being confused by “daughter” and realizing she was a girl was hilarious.
SuranaJan 30, 2018 2:02 PM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 8, 2016 3:21 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
For a shoujo manga, really great quality. I'm more into shounen stuff too. 10/10 and into my favorites.

Dec 15, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
I guess I was never going to be satisfied with an ending to this manga, because I was mostly here for host club weirdness rather than for the romance, and it was clear they were building away from the host club and for the romance for a while now.

I also thought some of the stuff with Tamaki's family was a bit pat.
Jun 22, 2021 2:27 PM

Jan 2021
Loved it!!!
But that can’t be the ending.. T_T
Right??…
Mar 10, 2022 4:57 AM
Jul 2020
So…

My thoughts overall about the manga was that this series could’ve been cut by half for sure.

The comedy in the beginning was fun, thought out, and it flowed with the story. Eventually, we lost track of the story itself and it took forever to get back there. After 10 volumes later, I was very close to putting the books down. The comedy became boring and introducing other characters was meaningless. It was filler after filler after filler; when was the story going to MOVE.

The best part of the series was Tamaki’s arc after volume 10. It was insanely good. It should’ve been introduced earlier on in the story. Tamaki made the series worth reading. The manga is nostalgic at this point, and tbh the anime is almost better than the manga. My attention span for the anime was easier than reading the manga, personally. The dialogue in the first 10 volumes were cluttered and sometimes hard to follow. I don’t know if I can reread the entire manga again anytime soon, but Tamaki’s arc is worth reading.

One thing that bothered me a lot was how Yuzuru and Tamaki’s grandmother just acted like nothing ever happened. And then SUDDENLY the Grandmother decided to be easy with Tamaki and Yuzuru as if she was not abusive to them at all. A lot of damage has been done. Repairing everything so quickly is unrealistic and killed the overall mood. I think it would’ve had a stronger ending if there was still some hostility within his family which would’ve taken a while to repair. Not everything needs to be lovey dovey.

My rating for OHSHC is 7/10
azenobioMar 10, 2022 6:17 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How is the manga compared to the anime?

AoiroBlueColor - Sep 20, 2023

2 by andreapepsii »»
Sep 21, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 87 Discussion

CalmTeaTime - Jun 22, 2021

1 by celerysucks »»
Sep 17, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 10 Discussion

Vaiketime2025 - May 4, 2016

3 by cringey-gay-zyte »»
Jun 21, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Chapter 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 22, 2009

6 by removed-user »»
Mar 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 16 Discussion

Vaiketime2025 - May 13, 2016

3 by azenobio »»
Mar 19, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.