Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 20, 2010 1:41 PM

Aug 2007
Really good episode, I like it. But, does the ending has spoilers from the next episodes???

Now lets wait three weeks for the next episode
Sep 20, 2010 2:03 PM

Oct 2009
Just how many daywalkers do they have?
Good episode-now we wait.

Sep 20, 2010 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
I don't want Natsuno to turn into a vampire or just die.
T_____T
Sep 20, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
Leticia said:
Where's my Yuuki? ;_;

I..know right?
YUUKI-KUN ! T ^ T
Sep 21, 2010 8:16 PM

Aug 2009
Hmmmmm, shit's always getting interesting in this show! I don't want there to be a hiatus :<
Sep 24, 2010 8:55 AM
Feb 2010
I don't get something.. why does the doctor not give some precautions to the townspeople like Natsuno did? Like do not let people into the house etc.

Even if the people do not know anything they could at least try not to go out at night and not invite people into the house, or checking up on sick people since the shiki will come back to bite over a few days.

I really dun get why he isn't telling them anything that could help to protect their lives. Well the old lady was a bit reckless though, I'm quite sure that the doctor is just trying to find a weakness so they could get rid of the shiki effectively.

Hope that from ep 12 we could see some more character development of the main characters and not just countless more events like Kaichou Maid Sama or smth anime.
Sep 24, 2010 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
Dunkjoe said:
I don't get something.. why does the doctor not give some precautions to the townspeople like Natsuno did? Like do not let people into the house etc.

Toshio thinks Nobody would believe the existence of Okiagari, the risen up. I thinks so too. Only romantic people (like Ikumi) could believe something like that.
If he said "there're dangerous monsters like vampires, so don't let anyone strange into your house, and don't go out at night", he would be considered to be gone mad by overwork. and, he would lose his credit.

on top of that, they Kanamasas would decide to eliminate Toshio immediately, although Toshio know almost nothing about them.

and this time, he acted like that because...ah, I'd like you to read #40 of this thread about this.

I guess, Toshio is doing in reason.
Sep 24, 2010 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
I think he isn't warning them for the reason stated above, and the fact that he has a pretty good idea of how many vamps there are, and no allies on his side, except for the priest who is not really being proactive-so it is too risky. Plus the daywalker has warned him already so he knows his life is on the line.

The lady was reckless and crazy, but I think she may have made people wary, if only a little bit.

Waiting for the new episode is hard, but there are more shows I can watch in the meantime.
SerasAshleySep 24, 2010 1:57 PM

Sep 26, 2010 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
I think if Ozaki told the truth, it'd only end up in chaos and disorder. And them shiki would probably go "oh hey some pplz know anyways lets just eat em as they try to escaaape. owo"

Ain't that simple.
At night, humans just need to stay at their houses and not let any vampires in. None of them can enter uninvited (even the wolf-guy seems to have required tge invitation of doc's wife)
At day, when most vampires are going to be forces sleep, humans storm the castle and slaughter them.

In short, vampires are in worse positions then humans here.
Sep 27, 2010 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
I was wondering why the new episode wasn't up on Hulu last week. I hope it comes back this week.
Sep 28, 2010 12:03 AM

Oct 2008
Alchemistx4 said:
I was wondering why the new episode wasn't up on Hulu last week. I hope it comes back this week.

New episode comes out on the 14th of October. 3 week hiatus.
Sep 28, 2010 9:34 PM

Dec 2008
Only anime I've truly enjoyed this season...This wait sucks..
Sep 30, 2010 1:02 AM

Nov 2009
Preview for the next episode is so epic. UGH I dislike the three week hiatus very much. I can't wait for episode 12. This series just keeps getting better and better!
Sep 30, 2010 6:53 PM

Mar 2010
so the old lady might die she was kinda cool

damn doctor is freakin pissing me off

well again i feel like shit

I enjoyed this episode

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2010 10:27 PM

Jan 2009
shadowsword said:
Alchemistx4 said:

New episode comes out on the 14th of October. 3 week hiatus.

Damn, three weeks is a long time. I'm use to having shows take a week off, so it's kind of unusual to wait three weeks for a new episode. :( This show has me hooked.
Oct 1, 2010 7:39 AM

Jun 2010
WTF I thought this anime was over just rushing and ending this way. but there are up to 22 eps really ? it looked like somehow over. anyways I'll get to see that blue weird haired guy get killed. =] he looked weak and kind of cute but now he is muscular and annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 3:04 AM

May 2010
I want that crazy lady to be a vampire and see what would her face looks like :D

Anyway, Ozaki is planning something but how could that Seishirou got pulse and Ozaki

didn't react so?
Oct 3, 2010 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
The wait is torturous. Why is Shiki's rating so low when this has a lot of exciting potential. I've read other comments about hating on the art for the first episode but still?
Oct 3, 2010 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Was the stuff happening during the ED the preview?
Oct 6, 2010 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
GarLogan78 said:

Yep. Also, 8 more days >_>
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 6, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
wheresthehandle said:
GarLogan78 said:

Yep. Also, 8 more days >_>

Thanks lol. I thought it was just like a montage of scenes that were happening in tandem and I was really confused. I am also never watching a preview again, that was full of so many spoilers.
Oct 7, 2010 12:46 AM

May 2010
Dammit!!! I wan to know what happened to Yuuki!!! And I feel bad for that crazy woman. She may have been weird but she was right.
I don't want to wait for the next episode! I want it to come out now!
Oct 8, 2010 1:11 AM

Dec 2009
Ugh. I like Ikumi. Why are all the characters I like either dying (seemingly) or dead? T-T

And..I'm kinda irritated with..well, most of the surviving people in the village:

Muroi--I get where he's coming from with not wanting to turn vigilante on the okiagari who still so closely resemble the people he knew, but really, what's his plan then? Just let them kill everyone else? Then what? After the town's wiped out, they will still need a food source, so then they just keep moving from village to village, killing? And that scenario's okay with him??

Ozaki--Him keeping quiet about the reality of the situation kinda bothers me. Again, I can see where he's coming from--not wanting to come across as crazy as Ikumi seemed, wanting to gain more evidence/information &/or not wanting to give the okiagari any reason to need to kill him..But meanwhile, more people are going to die. He's going to need allies at some point & he's already confided in Muroi..I'm not saying he needs to tell everyone but maybe just a select few, ya know? I hope he has a good plan...But points to him for at least suggesting cremating remains to the guys in the cafe.

Ozaki's wife--From what I can tell, she saw this strange neko-haired guy standing outside the clinic, offered him a bit of food & then all of a sudden, they're hanging out together like good friends...Um...huh? It seems kinda random.

Almost all the other villagers--I would think just the number of sudden deaths, regardless of what you think is causing them, would cause a little more concern/anxiety/suspicion in the village. I mean, people are dropping like flies. Just look at the cemetery. I think the death toll is at 28(?) as of this episode..(Not including the people whose survival currently isn't looking good--Ikumi, Natsuno & Tokujiro Yasumori--or the numerous family members of the deceased who suddenly & mysteriously moved.) And I think the first three bodies were found on the first few days of August & now it's 6 October. If that count's correct, that equates to nearly a death every other day. Everyone seems to know everyone else's business in the village, yet it took this long for such a small group to get curious about what's going on...?

And speaking of the deaths, the first three corpses that were discovered in Yamairi still seem kinda strange compared with the ones that followed--seeing as how some of the bodies were dismembered and there were limbs missing and all..They blamed it on wild dogs, but then they blamed the okiagari attack symptoms on summer colds, so...If there's a reason for the discrepancies in the deaths, I hope the details are cleared up a bit in the future...

Anyyywaaay..the preview for the next episode looked interesting..curious to see what's going to happen to Natsuno...Less than a week until episode 12! :)
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Oct 8, 2010 10:06 PM
May 2009
OnyxEyes3 said:

Muroi--I get where he's coming from with not wanting to turn vigilante on the okiagari who still so closely resemble the people he knew, but really, what's his plan then? Just let them kill everyone else? Then what? After the town's wiped out, they will still need a food source, so then they just keep moving from village to village, killing? And that scenario's okay with him??

Actually, I am a bit annoyed at how they did to those scenes in the anime - manga has an extra bit of narration which add a lot of depth to his character - instead of just running away (rather inelegantly, might I add), he mentions something along the lines of "From the bottom of my heart, I think it's better if this village is destroyed", and when Sunako was about to bite him he mentioned "I treated the destruction of my own life as a fortunate thing".

So, no, it isn't that he is just a pacifist who doesn't want to kill the people that he used to know.
Oct 8, 2010 10:30 PM

May 2010
StormViruz said:
Anyway, Ozaki is planning something but how could that Seishirou got pulse and Ozaki didn't react so?

It's very possible that Seishirou is human and just helping them out because they're family or something like that. I think it would be really beneficial to the vampires to have a human to diffuse situations like that.
Oct 13, 2010 4:49 AM

Nov 2008
So.. tomorrow the show is getting back on? Good.
Nov 9, 2010 7:12 PM

Jan 2010
ilikeyouevenmore said:
KingOmerta said:
Damn, that Doctor is a pussy....now the crazy lady gonna die for his lack of balls...smh

I don't understand why Toshio is pretending he doesn't know what's going on.... The vampires already know that he knows.... He's treating the towns people like sheep.

Because telling the towns people would result in him being killed (or a shiki) and then who will come up with a cure? Who will secretly help each biten/dying person? No one. So it's best to be secretive for now.

Anyways, no Natsuno this episode? I wanted to know what happened after he was bitten. Damn.
Nov 9, 2010 8:07 PM

Mar 2010
Sorry! I'm too zoned into the show that I can't comment! Must, watch, another episode! Looking forwar-... (O.o)
Nov 12, 2010 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
This is strange I feel bad for the old lady, she's obviously walking into a death trap. What a waste.
I want to know what happens to Natsuno; do his parents realize his illness? He got bitten once hopefully so he's not that drained is he?
It's like 12:20 PM now; I've been watching this all night long. . . . the sun's up high; maybe I can get some sleep now. . . .
I guess I'll continue when I wake up . . .
Nov 16, 2010 7:23 PM

May 2010
I hope she has some kind of power, and also if I were Toshio I would've at least talked to her later or something.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 1, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
Wow am I glad I started watching this again >_< Can't remember all the character names though ...
Wow, so basically that woman's going to die ... >_< During the ED ... what was that?! So Natsuno's still alive right? Ahhh ...! >_<
Jan 4, 2011 6:17 AM

Jan 2010
at last i pick it up again after like 4 months :)
damn that 3 weeks hiatus!

good episode...i wonder why toshio let the old hag make a fool out of herself

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 4, 2011 12:55 PM
Jul 2010
Now that was interesting.

Ikumi was sharp but totally stupid at the same time. She had the smartness (or craziness?) to realize what/who was causing the deaths yet she was stupid enough to tell everyone about them with no proofs whatsoever and then confront them directly without knowing anything about them other than what she probably knew from the superstition. So yeah, she pretty much signed her death sentence.

Ozaki, on the other hand, was intelligent not to say anything (at least he suggested those guys to cremate the bodies if someone died) and brilliant enough to use the chance to examine Mr.Kirishiki. Though he found nothing suspicious about him... Which is quite wired. What are him and Tatsumi? They don't seem to have any of the vampire's limitations...

The scene between Muroi and Sunako was amazing. I loved her reaction to the story. It seems like she described the okiagaris - well, she described herself. She must really like Muroi since she ended up not biting him. I like her^^

I'm still eager to know what happened to Natsuno so I'm glad I'm late watching this xD Things are getting more and more interesting each episode.
Jan 5, 2011 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
Old lady knows the truth but doesn't know how to expose it. Toshio will get her killed.
We didn't get Natsunon in this epi! I want Tohru to turn good... if that makes any sense.
Mar 3, 2011 3:21 AM

Feb 2009
k0k0 said:
Old lady knows the truth but doesn't know how to expose it. Toshio will get her killed.
We didn't get Natsunon in this epi! I want Tohru to turn good... if that makes any sense.

Yeah,old lady is dead meat.And Thoru can't turn good,because he's never been bad,at least in my opinion.This we have yet to see,though.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 23, 2011 8:51 AM

Oct 2010
Ikumi was so loud.

The only thing that made me happy with this episode was the sneek peak we got at the end.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 9, 2011 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
feel sorry for that lady =/
but what the hell is that doctor thinking??
Aug 13, 2011 5:50 PM

Mar 2011
Episode was alright. Next episode seems like it could be cool.
Jan 29, 2012 10:20 AM

Apr 2009
Aiaiai, you'd better have a really good plan in your head there, doc.
No hope for the old lady tho, imo
I wanna know what happened with Natsuno!! >_<
accidentally saw a spoiler... now I'm dying to know what's goind on. Ugh, work, internet, work!
RulenneClarissaJan 29, 2012 10:39 AM
Jan 29, 2012 6:59 PM

Dec 2011
Boring episode.
This show is so slow.
May 7, 2012 8:51 PM
Jul 30, 2012 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
awesome episode

despite alot of summary of past events, at least it showed Seishirou.

and wow Muroi almost got bitten by Sunako!!!!!

and Ozaki examining Seishirou and has a pulse and normal breathing and can go outside without any burns.

he must be one of the special Shiki :)

so is she the brother(sister) of Yuuki???

and yeah that old lady thought no one would silence her after pulling that shenanigans.

can't wait for more episodes :)
SomaHeirJul 30, 2012 3:38 PM
Aug 1, 2012 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
I really hope nothing bad happens to Ikumi-san. I actually like her, lol. I feel bad that no one believes her even though she's trying her best to save the village.

And I really don't know why Ozaki is denying that the Risen do exist.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Sep 25, 2012 6:50 PM

Sep 2012
Does anybody else think something really bad is going to happen to Ikumi-san?
Oct 2, 2012 4:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
IMO the doctor messed up. He should have pulled Ikumi aside and told her he believed her and slowly get people on their side before doing something about the Kanemasa's. Now he just ruined her credibility and made it harder for himself to find allies.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 7, 2012 12:25 AM

Jul 2011
Great.. Everybody now's pissing me off x/
Oct 29, 2012 6:58 AM

May 2012
beware for crazy ladies! Still nice episode, lets see what's next!
Nov 5, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
Oh wow, dat smile.
Dec 12, 2012 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
I don't see the point of the doctor not revealing it unless he is hypnotized. If he lied and revealed it right there, then BAM, advantage isn't it?

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 4, 2013 12:48 AM

Jan 2013
Oh noooees
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2010

185 by JustMonaka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 2, 2010

249 by JustMonaka »»
May 19, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

300 by JustMonaka »»
May 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

313 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 4:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.