Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2010 7:23 PM

Oct 2009
Well, some great history behind Saeko's here. Holy crap, I just saw a future Rena in front of me!! O_O.

9.9999/10.

Aug 30, 2010 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Crazy Saeko is best. I really hope she becomes more sadistic and bloodthirsty.

Lol at shippers jumping all over the temple scene. "Ohhh they totally had sex" "no way, they didn't kiss in the manga and there was no sex scene so it couldn't possibly be true!!" Honestly, at this point I couldn't care less who Komuro ends up with. Rei's a dumb bitch but if they end up together so be it.

Personally, I really don't think Komuro and Saeko had sex. I think they would have made it even more obvious and fanservicey if that was what happened. The scene with Saeko fixing her skirt was probably just meant to tease viewers. There was at least a tiny implication of it though. It's not unreasonable to make the assumption. And the anime is obviously going to deviate from the manga a bit. There's no point using what happened or didn't happen in the manga as evidence against (or for) them having sex imo.

And "take responsibility" is such a basic anime phrase right up there with "it can't be helped". I wouldn't read much into it.

Anyways, I'll continue to watch this for the lulz and crazy Saeko. The "I'm wet" moment made me laugh my ass off. It's hard to believe there are only three episodes left though. It feels like not much has really happened. I missed chubby otaku and pink haired bitch this episode. It was nice to not have to hear the nurse ladies voice though. Holy shit is she annoying. The lack of Rei was also pleasing.
Aug 30, 2010 7:32 PM

Aug 2010
Let me just say you guys are idiots for assuming that it was a kiss =/ their bodies just became really close to each other that was all that was shown, no kissing at all was shown. HotD rocks ^^, I hope he does fall for saeko but he totally burned her in the end without her knowing sadly =/
Locke Hallien
Aug 30, 2010 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
unlisted said:
[
She went from Saeko to Psycho.

o i c wat u did thar.
Aug 30, 2010 8:00 PM

Mar 2009
Locke2021 said:
Let me just say you guys are idiots for assuming that it was a kiss =/ their bodies just became really close to each other that was all that was shown, no kissing at all was shown. HotD rocks ^^, I hope he does fall for saeko but he totally burned her in the end without her knowing sadly =/

What else would they be doing? Checking each other's temperature via forehead?!

Anyway, if Komuro ends up with Saeko that would be awesome. But if he's just using her and ends up two timing with Rei I want his ass to go down School Days style. No one two times Saeko! *shakes fist*
Aug 30, 2010 8:02 PM

Jul 2007
Lelouch101 said:
MomeRath said:
draker said:
He really had to say that last line, didn't he? What a dick =/
Saeko >>>> *

We all know he has a huge hard on for rei, but i agree that line really rubbed me the wrong way.

This could just be wishful thinking but perhaps Takashi was just telling himself that he did it "to survive" is because deep inside he's confused about who he truly loves more between Saeko and Rei. Takashi did ask Saeko about her love life out of nowhere, but technically speaking he is with Rei at the moment so maybe he was just telling himself those words to try to justify his inner guilt of cheating on Rei in this episode.

Besides, in a way Rei seems using Takashi in order for her survival too since she trusts him and likewise Takashi wants Saeko to live so he can survive and the main reason for that is because he knows that Saeko is one of the most dependable people among the group, which proves he trusts her.

So my point is maybe there is more to the meaning of that last line than we all think, hopefully the upcoming episodes will show more development between Takashi and Saeko

Thank you!! I am glad I am not the only person to think this. Cause I watched this b4 i went to work and its been bugging me the whole time. Having read the manga and watching the anime, Takashi wouldn't have said anything like this unless it meant something greater. Cause until he calmed her down, she was freaking out which wasn't like her. Hence she would have died then he would have shortly after.
Aug 30, 2010 8:09 PM
Jul 2010
bangbangbandits said:
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

my own boob started to hurt when i saw that lol; poor saeko :'(

i personally disliked this episode because
1. takashi screwed saeko

takashi is a penis >:(

but this episode made me like saeko even more ;D

Well in the manga takashi didnt says that so, you can believe that he not a tard in the manga lol and that he does have some feeling for her. The anime is so different, the temple part is WAYYYY AFTER they arrived at Takagi's mansion lol.
Aug 30, 2010 8:19 PM

Feb 2009
So how bad it is to beat the crap out of deserving bastard just imagine all the defenseless girls he might have rape that was retribution. Of course when you that strong you do dream to fight strong opponent or just bash things up, does that mean you evil.

Well if Takashi thinks he can two timing Saeko or not being serious he's crazy because a woman like her would cut you down in a heart beat or so I hope. Lately I am getting really disappointed in anime.
MaxCrazy7Aug 30, 2010 8:23 PM
Aug 30, 2010 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
Good episode. I don't like how it sounded when Takashi said on the ending that but oh well, maybe there's another positive meaning to it...(gosh, I am still softening Takashi's image. Is it obvious? wahh...^_^ )
Anyway, if it will Saeko and Takashi in the end, I vote for it than Takashi with the bitch Rei. Since this show is somewhat a harem, maybe the upcoming episode is on Takagi and Takashi, of which I hope to see how well they'll pair them up.
Aug 30, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2007
meh, interesting, but not my favorite. less fanservice and more suspense would be nice, but with hotd, i don't think thats going to happen
Aug 30, 2010 8:38 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
They had sex? Perhaps I didn't pay attention too much when I read and watched it.

Aug 30, 2010 8:46 PM
Aug 2010
K0S-M0S said:
They had sex? Perhaps I didn't pay attention too much when I read and watched it.

It wasn't direct sex... it was more Implied Sex... meaning it isn't visible.

Use your imagination beyond the kissing part and the morning when she adjusts her skirt.
Aug 30, 2010 8:52 PM

Dec 2009
Troy_C said:
K0S-M0S said:

It wasn't direct sex... it was more Implied Sex... meaning it isn't visible.

Use your imagination beyond the kissing part and the morning when she adjusts her skirt.

I'm pretty sure they had sex. The zombies came in the morning because of Saeko's moaning all night while they were fucking, which is what I just said in an earlier post.
Aug 30, 2010 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
Best line of the episode: "Saeko-san, daijoubu deshita-KAAAAAA?!!?!!"
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 30, 2010 9:03 PM

Jun 2007
I have to say I'd be happy with a Saeko x Takashi pairing. I much prefer that than Rei x Takashi. I loved this episode, especially at the end when he was giving her his pervy pep talk.

Aug 30, 2010 9:09 PM

Oct 2009
zimno said:

am i the inly one that though that scene was kinda retarded/lame?
anyways, not that bad episode...

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Aug 30, 2010 9:13 PM

Dec 2009
fanoultimatev2 said:
zimno said:

Yes, because the majority of fans thought it was the funniest scene in the series (including me).
Aug 30, 2010 9:16 PM

Feb 2009
fanoultimatev2 said:
zimno said:

anyways, not that bad episode...

No I thought it was really lame...I was like yaay she's so awesome while killing the zombies, and then she went and ruined the moment with that lame scene XD
Aug 30, 2010 9:16 PM

Feb 2009
Saeko FTW.

Aug 30, 2010 9:17 PM

Jul 2009
zimno said:

points to Sawashiro-san for actually saying something like that... lol
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 30, 2010 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
I feel compelled to continue the picture spam of over-the-top ridiculousness that is HOTD.

wheresthehandle said:
zimno said:

Pheefa said:
HHHHHNNNNGGGGGG SAEKO!!! *insta-cum*

I was ALREADY in love with Busujima-sama.

That's it, she's now my biggest character-crush EVER.

So true. Definitely my favorite episode.
Aug 30, 2010 10:00 PM

Feb 2010
LOL
Aug 30, 2010 10:09 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, I didn't think this show could get any worse, but... I was proven wrong.
Aug 30, 2010 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
sigh cant they make the manga weekly.

And they show some much ecchi scenes but never show when people kiss >.>

They relle like to keep fans wondering ;l
Aug 30, 2010 10:13 PM

Aug 2009
Well that was... different? I was taken a bit off-guard by the seemingly official-izing of Takashi x Saeko, but his monologue at the end threw that into question. What I'm starting to think now is that Takashi actually just tells everyone what they want to hear in order to ensure their collective survival. Hopefully some of this will get resolved before the season's end.

Next ep. looks to be the classic "seemingly safe house" scenario.
Ha-cha!
Aug 30, 2010 10:13 PM
Jun 2008
I think its a bit more better than matrix boobs .
And, this episode seems to be able to separate the ecchi scene and fight...for me this episode is like a dream come true(its a bit too late thou) LOL
Aug 30, 2010 10:20 PM

Jan 2010
Oh yeah baby, this is what I hoped for all along. Moderate ecchiness, separated from the action scenes and much, much Saeko! Way to go Takashi!

There is one sentence that bothers me though. When he said "I did this in order to survive." What does that mean? That he accepted her darkness in order to survive, or that he accepted simply everything the end brought in order to survive? It sounded like he only accepted her feelings out of convenience.

LightningRamiel said:
Well that was... different? I was taken a bit off-guard by the seemingly official-izing of Takashi x Saeko, but his monologue at the end threw that into question. What I'm starting to think now is that Takashi actually just tells everyone what they want to hear in order to ensure their collective survival. Hopefully some of this will get resolved before the season's end.
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who had doubts about that.
werrstonAug 30, 2010 11:29 PM
Aug 30, 2010 10:30 PM

Aug 2009
Random boob grab is random.

Liked the episode, until Saeko went emo and told her story about how she likes to beat up men with her sword. Or something?
And then she turns emo again and by someone randomly and painfully squeezing her boob, she's all like ''Thank you for randomly and painfully harrasing me, now I'm ready to pwn some moar zombies.''
Awful. Just... awful. The one who wrote this BS has to go to jail.
3/5
Would've been 5/5 if it wasn't for, well, Saeko.

Oh, and another thing. Throughout the WHOLE show, whenever Saeko was attacking zombies, she looked calm and cool. Even in the OP she's like that.
And now she's turned into some yangire all of a sudden, that enjoys slashing zombies?
Whatever man, I've stopped trying to understand this show.
Aug 30, 2010 10:30 PM

Aug 2009
werr-y said:
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who had doubts about that.

It kinda reminded me of this article I had read on the "dark side" of Persona 3's social links (if you're not familiar, the game has this mechanic called social links where hanging out with certain people and getting them to like you strengthens your abilities). In the context of the game, your character is forging these meaningful friendships, but really, it's nothing more than the player's attempt at maximizing his or her own power levels.
Ha-cha!
Aug 30, 2010 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
wtf was with her yelling "im wet" after fighting them? she sure got wet a lot this ep. she's easily the best and hottest so more of Saeko the better, but him randomly groping her was pretty weird.

I still hate them mixing it around and doing anime original shit.
Aug 30, 2010 11:55 PM

Aug 2010
I got so tired of reading some of these comments I actually made an account about 20 min ago just so I could post this...

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ey7ygi.jpg == http://img1.mangareader.net/manga/high-school-of-the-dead/17-23.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/x5vxn9.jpg == http://img1.mangareader.net/manga/high-school-of-the-dead/17-26.jpg

Anime Original huh?
HansinkduAug 31, 2010 12:13 AM
If they make an Akumetsu anime I will s**t bricks
Aug 31, 2010 12:31 AM

Jan 2010
Saeko is much more favorable that Rei imo.
Aug 31, 2010 12:59 AM

Jun 2009
zimno said:

This part was hilarious.

This episode made me love Saeko even more, liked her before because of how skilled she is fighting.
Aug 31, 2010 1:04 AM

Jan 2008
So the Saeko fanbase's explosive growth has begun...^_^

How are they going to handle the remaining episodes? Just a rhetorical question btw.
bluemageAug 31, 2010 1:14 AM
Aug 31, 2010 1:07 AM
Sep 2008
sayian said:
tsubasalover said:
Aversa said:
They skipped the sex scene!!

Eh~~, there was supposed to be sex scene?

/quote]
what chapter in the manga was this?

I checked...there was no sex scene in the manga....they doing it again...they changin' the plot....i was so happy with the 1st 3 episodes.
Followed the manga panel for panel.....but now....anyway,lets see....and who knows where i can get a "Directors Cut"?
Aug 31, 2010 1:20 AM
Sep 2008
Hypeathon said:
unlisted said:
The manga looks much more innocent. Though the anime seemed to imply a lot. How they rearranged the scenes make it really weird.

I think one possible reason behind is was because of the animation director for episode 6 of Highschool of the Dead, Masayoshi Tanaka. Not only was this person the animation director of that episode, but he (I'm assuming the guy is a "he" anyway) was also the animation director of episode 25 of Toradora. And if you saw all of Toradora, you must've known about the "highlight" of that last episode. But I digress.

He's also the character designer for both Toradora and Highschool of the Dead. It's possible that depending on the animation director, key animator, or whichever other role someone does that involves animating certain episodes, they can add a unique, personal touch to the way a scene is done. Though I'm speaking in theory.

THat eXplaIns the kiss scene in tora dora....so out of place if you ask me.....but whatever the case,it didn't feel wrong but the fact that the manga didn't show a hint of romance or lust between them is what i find,well,"wrong".....

I DON'T THINK THERE WAS ANY SEX IN TORA DORA.....THAT WOULD BE,TRULY,WRONG!
Aug 31, 2010 1:53 AM

Jan 2010
samseison said:
Hypeathon said:
unlisted said:
The manga looks much more innocent. Though the anime seemed to imply a lot. How they rearranged the scenes make it really weird.

I think one possible reason behind is was because of the animation director for episode 6 of Highschool of the Dead, Masayoshi Tanaka. Not only was this person the animation director of that episode, but he (I'm assuming the guy is a "he" anyway) was also the animation director of episode 25 of Toradora. And if you saw all of Toradora, you must've known about the "highlight" of that last episode. But I digress.

He's also the character designer for both Toradora and Highschool of the Dead. It's possible that depending on the animation director, key animator, or whichever other role someone does that involves animating certain episodes, they can add a unique, personal touch to the way a scene is done. Though I'm speaking in theory.

I DON'T THINK THERE WAS ANY SEX IN TORA DORA.....THAT WOULD BE,TRULY,WRONG!
How about you don't discuss the manga in the anime thread?
Aug 31, 2010 4:10 AM

Feb 2008
<3 Saeko :D

I was hoping the series was going to be longer than just 12 episodes but oh well... It's been a great ride so far.
Aug 31, 2010 4:29 AM

Nov 2008
Hansinkdu said:
I got so tired of reading some of these comments I actually made an account about 20 min ago just so I could post this...

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ey7ygi.jpg == http://img1.mangareader.net/manga/high-school-of-the-dead/17-23.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/x5vxn9.jpg == http://img1.mangareader.net/manga/high-school-of-the-dead/17-26.jpg

Anime Original huh?

Yeah, it wasn´t anime original, the only thing different is that in the anime Komuro grabs Saeko´s boobs harder...

I want to see next, I wonder what will happen...
Aug 31, 2010 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
bluemage said:
So the Saeko fanbase's explosive growth has begun...^_^

Really? so i'm the only one that removed her from my fav list...
Aug 31, 2010 5:33 AM

Nov 2009
zimno said:
Oooooooooooouch! ><

4/5

Yet another installment of "WTF am i watching; Did they intend for me to laugh at this?" scene. I burst out laughing at that last moment. OF course, it wasn't funny but so ridiculous i couldn't help myself. Or does that qualify?

Saeko would be the best yandere ever.......Can never have enough Yandere.
Aug 31, 2010 5:45 AM

Jun 2009
You people mistunderstand what a "yandere" is, but whatever.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 31, 2010 6:01 AM

Jul 2010
suffers n' sweets
Aug 31, 2010 6:05 AM
Jun 2008
OrochiPL said:
after a small research....I found that many people say that she is Yadere(even the Japanese)
Aug 31, 2010 6:07 AM
Jun 2010
checkdafool said:
LOL

What's so funny ?

Aug 31, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2008
TheCorruptedOne said:
<3 Saeko :D

I was hoping the series was going to be longer than just 12 episodes but oh well... It's been a great ride so far.

D'awwww...D: It would be soo much better if the series were longer. Twelve episodes just doesn't seem to cut it.

Lots of Saeko fanservice ;D *Approves*
Aug 31, 2010 6:12 AM

Sep 2007
I don’t know what to say. I really don’t know why I’m watching this series. This is ridiculously ridiculous. I’m dropping it.

Aug 31, 2010 7:09 AM
Jun 2010
Slow progress is slow...we found an ATV, we sleep, credits roll. Takashi is a douche for that shit he said at the end too >.> I swear every episode gets worse than the previous...+1 to the first 3 episodes being the only good ones.

For reals, they are obviously dumping money into this like crazy, couldn't they have at least made it decent. They should be using that money to stretch the episodes out a little more instead of coming up with a whole new universe of physics for breasts.
Aug 31, 2010 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Saeko's just fucking incredible <3!

Takashi's last line REALLY pissed me off, its as though he's saying "The only reason I'm sticking with her is cuz she's able to save my ass whenever im in deep shit,and ill just throw her out if I don't need her anymore"
Aug 31, 2010 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
OrochiPL said:
after a small research....I found that many people say that she is Yadere(even the Japanese)
Well, they don't have to be right either.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.