Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2010 6:59 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The first half was quite boring, Yukimura hardly did anything at all >.< I can't recall the last time Keiji actually begged to save someone's life 0.0 I guess Hisahide wasn't having any intention to kill Hideyoshi anyway cause he could have done that straight away.
Aug 31, 2010 4:53 AM

May 2008
Wonder whats going through the mind of Hideyoshi, kinda sad he became like that

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 31, 2010 6:12 AM

May 2008
Chosokabe and Masamune finally meet! Damn! Can't wait for next episode!
Aug 31, 2010 6:40 AM

May 2010
Quite OK, but I suppose the next one will be better.

I am under impression Yukimura is getting more serious. Strangely enough, it doesn't interfere with his enthusiasm and all. I like to see him like this, too :)

And, the most shocking, I think I start to like Hanbei. Terrible! Well, "to like" is definitely too strong word, but I feel like I start to stop disliking him :P He was a bit pitiful in this episode. Okay, he's a lowlife and does dirty tricks when he feels like, but it seems he really does it for Hideyoshi. Today I watched the previous episodes and finally understood why he wanted Kojuurou so badly: to replace himself as Hideyoshi's strategist. He believes Hideyoshi can use Kojuurou's wisdom just like his own, when he himself would be already dead. Well... Let's see.
Aug 31, 2010 8:50 AM

Jan 2010
im glad that Chosokabe is alive.
Aug 31, 2010 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
it was a ok episode lots of talk no action next week should be have more action ;)
Aug 31, 2010 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
Well, except for the fact that Hanbei is obviously dying (yay~), this was pretty uneventful in a way...
And Chosokabe is alive : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 31, 2010 4:43 PM

Nov 2008
The two most epic one-eyed characters just met! I can't wait for the next episode :D
I feel bad for Yukimura, I hope he will get his spirits up again D:
And poor Yumekichi ;___;

Aug 31, 2010 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
Toyotomi had the ability to get beaten? *head asplodes*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2010 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
so Toyotomi was once weak and Kanbei seems dont have much lifespan left
Aug 31, 2010 11:43 PM

Jul 2009
I was sad that I didn't get my weekly dose of GAR, but this was an ok episode.

I agree with clio_selene that Hanbei is trying to find a replacement for himself, which is annoying in that I can't dislike him as much as I did before.

Next episode is going to be awesome! Chousokabe vs. Date!? Yesssssss
Sep 1, 2010 7:59 AM

May 2010
Rizzle said:
I agree with clio_selene that Hanbei is trying to find a replacement for himself, which is annoying in that I can't dislike him as much as I did before.

Isn't it?! :P

Rizzle said:
Next episode is going to be awesome! Chousokabe vs. Date!? Yesssssss

I suppose they'll have fun like hell :D
Sep 1, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2009
Chousokabe vs Date Yosha !
Sep 1, 2010 5:21 PM

Aug 2009
Nice build up! I'm guessing Chousokabe and Date will make an alliance after the fight.. I know next to nothing about the history but it would be pretty awesome if they did =D
Sep 1, 2010 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
It's nice to get some background on Keiji and Toyotomi's past; makes it easier for me when trying to figure out the relationships between everyone. So it's all Hisahide's fault! :P

Well, pretty much revealed now that Hanbei is dying, which is why he's in such a hurry to conquer all of Japan. We all saw that coming.

LOL looks like we're gonna get a Masamune vs. Motochika fight next ep. :D This ep needed moar Engrish though.
Sep 2, 2010 4:38 AM

Jun 2008
yamakasi said:
It's nice to get some background on Keiji and Toyotomi's past; makes it easier for me when trying to figure out the relationships between everyone. So it's all Hisahide's fault! :P

Well, pretty much revealed now that Hanbei is dying, which is why he's in such a hurry to conquer all of Japan. We all saw that coming.

LOL looks like we're gonna get a Masamune vs. Motochika fight next ep. :D This ep needed moar Engrish though.

I wouldn't call it as Hisahide's fault. The conclusions Toyotomi came with from his experiences are the resold of his own thinking. Someone else might have been affected in a completely different manner.

It also explains why Hanbei wants to find another man capable of strategy in the side of Toyotomi and that clears why he wants to bring dragon's right eye in there side.

The ending has made a built up for a nice fight. I'm wondering how many men Dante lost through all the shit he was through lately though. And now he has to even face this guys and lose more men before fighting Toyotomi.
Sep 2, 2010 11:37 AM

May 2010
Monad said:
I'm wondering how many men Dante lost through all the shit he was through lately though. And now he has to even face this guys and lose more men before fighting Toyotomi.
My guess: 0. Once he said to Kojuurou: "Our army lacks no-one" (or something similar). We were already shown the miracles behind Date Army. "Wake up, guys", and so they did and followed him, again.

They will survive. All of them.
Sep 2, 2010 7:44 PM

Nov 2007
Monad said:
yamakasi said:

I wouldn't call it as Hisahide's fault. The conclusions Toyotomi came with from his experiences are the resold of his own thinking. Someone else might have been affected in a completely different manner.

I was joking... but yeah.
Sep 6, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
Did nobody not just LOVE Shimazu's Japanese dialect?

I'm also starting to love Hanbei. Don't die yet~!

Dunno how it was was portrayed in the the SenBasa games, but the real-life Hanbei
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Sep 6, 2010 7:28 PM

Mar 2009
I really hope this is all building up to something. The second season has more depth to it, the characters are better developed(especially the "villains"), for sure, but it lacks the charm of the first season. Probably because it didn't take itself so seriously. Almost seems like the second season is an altogether different show.
Sep 6, 2010 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty weak episode overall, but the reappearance of the pirates is promising.
Sep 13, 2010 1:05 PM

Nov 2007
Chosokabe + Date = win.

anytime Keiji is involved it just gets really boring. he's just so pacifist he isn't interesting. Toyotomi is also overpowered and boring. Nobunaga was way better as a villain.

the first season was a lot better so far.
Oct 2, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2009
Episode was pretty meh. Thanks to the horribly painful and intolerable subs, I'm glad it was.
Keiji's too good for his own good.

Anyways, we got so less of Date in this. =(
I'm expecting more of that delicious thing in the next episode.

CHOSOKABE'S ALIVE!
Feb 3, 2011 9:37 AM

Dec 2008
Yes!!! Chosokabe is alive, looking great, and about to go up against Date!
Keiji and Yumekichi are total Win!! Poor Yumekichi has a fever...and Keiji is taking care of him. KAWAIIIIIIIII!!!!
So, Hideyoshi became a power whore because Matsanuga beat the shit out him? That's odd. I need more back story.
Looks like Hanbei is dying. That's why he's so impatient. Hmmm...
Apr 20, 2011 11:25 AM

Dec 2010
We actually see some story in that anime, finally. Characters are really getting developed. That's good. Heads up, Chousakabe is alive!
Jul 4, 2011 10:34 PM

Dec 2009
Ah, this episode was a little slow, next one seems better :D
Oct 16, 2011 8:29 AM

Jul 2009
Motochiba vs Masamune should make an interesting fight, since one is without his right eye, and one is without his left eye.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jun 23, 2014 5:37 AM

May 2012
I wonder how did Hideyoshi became so overpowered now. Was surprised to see that he was beaten so easily before. And damn it! Chosokabe is alive! And to make it more interesting, a chance encounter with Date. Awesome!
Jun 27, 2014 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
Was hoping Hideyoshi would remember that guy and obliterate his face, but ehh.
Jul 14, 2014 12:27 AM

Apr 2014
Mormegil said:
I really hope this is all building up to something. The second season has more depth to it, the characters are better developed(especially the "villains"), for sure, but it lacks the charm of the first season. Probably because it didn't take itself so seriously. Almost seems like the second season is an altogether different show.
^ My feelings exactly. (However, couldn't parse the exact reasons behind them until this comment.)

+1 Chousokabe!(≧v≦)/ワ~イ♥/
Oct 21, 2014 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
Glad to know that Aniki is alive.. but does he really need to fight Masamune? damn, just join forces and kick Hideyoshi's ass just like what they did with Nobunaga.
Oct 16, 2016 9:39 PM

Feb 2015
clio_selene said:

And, the most shocking, I think I start to like Hanbei. Terrible! Well, "to like" is definitely too strong word, but I feel like I start to stop disliking him :P He was a bit pitiful in this episode. Okay, he's a lowlife and does dirty tricks when he feels like, but it seems he really does it for Hideyoshi. Today I watched the previous episodes and finally understood why he wanted Kojuurou so badly: to replace himself as Hideyoshi's strategist. He believes Hideyoshi can use Kojuurou's wisdom just like his own, when he himself would be already dead. Well... Let's see.

there is not a really huge legitimate reason to wholeheartedly hanbei, at least that's just me. he's a lot better than the other pale-haired villain; he didn't appear enough imo.
--------
just here to say that happy that pirate is alive (and well, he doesn't have a scratch on him). was disappointed that he left the plot so soon.
Apr 20, 2022 8:37 AM
Jan 2022
I hate Keiji for such a unloyal and naive person, his monkey is cute though. Yeah Masamune vs Chosokabe on next eps, can't wait
Apr 19, 10:22 AM

May 2020
Full of conversation this time. Not really interesting, this part is about the past story. Waiting for Masamune moment again, Yukimura seems not really interesting too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 12 Discussion

sayami - Jan 24, 2011

32 by sharosharo »»
Apr 20, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 11 Discussion

Koko-Bear - Sep 16, 2010

33 by sharosharo »»
Apr 20, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2010

23 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 5, 2010

33 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 7 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 22, 2010

33 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.