Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2010 8:45 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Negi chose the dark power.
He had to fight vs Eva to gain Eva's dark power.
The fight was epic ^^
Aug 17, 2010 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
OMFG!!
finally we can see Negi using Erebea Magic!!
if you want to see follow the link below

Part 1/2

http://www.b9up.com/lz/18323.html

Part 2/2

http://up.b9dm.com/lz/18324.html
Aug 17, 2010 5:48 PM

Nov 2009
Could have used more Rakan, but other than that a solid showing. It seemed like the music and overall production was better for this one than the first three.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Aug 17, 2010 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
is this subbed?
Aug 20, 2010 11:34 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was allegedly leaked earlier than the release date. Unfortunately, the stream quality was kinda crappy, so i'll have to wait for better rip later.

Aug 21, 2010 3:16 AM

Oct 2007
it seems like a ok episode, i think the next one will be much better hopefully.
Aug 21, 2010 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was awesome but wasn't this supposed to be 4 episode?
Myanimelist state it as undefinned amount of episode and also it would be pretty much impossible to fit the rest of the arc in one movie so I guess there'll be more but was it announced somewhere I'm not aware of?
Aug 21, 2010 2:13 PM

Dec 2007
I think there will be at least 2 more episodes :o
Aug 21, 2010 4:31 PM

Apr 2009
Dandere-chan said:
This episode was awesome but wasn't this supposed to be 4 episode?
Myanimelist state it as undefinned amount of episode and also it would be pretty much impossible to fit the rest of the arc in one movie so I guess there'll be more but was it announced somewhere I'm not aware of?

The next episode apparently is the part with Yue at Ariadne, I don't know if there's going to be another episode after that though.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=154797
Sep 2, 2010 3:26 AM

Feb 2010
=o evangeline scroll~
Sep 8, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
someone sub it already, please...
Sep 8, 2010 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
ShadowDra said:

I don't know why these OVA take so much time to get subbed when shit like Kiss X Sis was subbed the next day it was out -.-.
Sep 8, 2010 9:20 PM
Aug 2009
The biggest problem with Mahou Sensei Negima OVA is the group that was subbing it first, at least in part, disbanded right as this came out. I don't expect to see this for another 3-4 weeks at least due to the next fastest taking 1-2 months to sub the last one.
Sep 10, 2010 8:09 PM

Aug 2009
ShadowDra said:

Same.... i hate when the anime came out like 2 years ago and it isn't subbed...
Sep 10, 2010 8:11 PM

Jul 2008
ultravamp said:
ShadowDra said:

Well it has been like what 2 week?
Anyway just read the chapter and watch it raw after that, you should understand most of what they are saying.
Sep 21, 2010 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
Dandere-chan said:
ultravamp said:
ShadowDra said:

Anyway just read the chapter and watch it raw after that, you should understand most of what they are saying.

ohh but it's not fun that way ><
Sep 21, 2010 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
GNneko said:
Dandere-chan said:
ultravamp said:
ShadowDra said:

You still have the choice to wait for weeks or month for a sub 8).
Sep 22, 2010 5:47 PM

Nov 2009
Dandere-chan said:
GNneko said:
Dandere-chan said:
ultravamp said:
ShadowDra said:

You still have the choice to wait for weeks or month for a sub 8).

As much as I would love to watch the episode, I think I'll just wait for the sub. As long as I try to not think about it, time will fly by :P
Oct 6, 2010 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
I really want to see this subbed! Why is it taking so long!? T_T. Did the other OADs take this long? I only caught up not long ago so 1-3 waas already out...
Oct 6, 2010 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
dude3991 said:
I really want to see this subbed! Why is it taking so long!? T_T. Did the other OADs take this long? I only caught up not long ago so 1-3 waas already out...

Yeah it always took that long.
Oct 9, 2010 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
Dandere-chan said:
dude3991 said:

Yeah it always took that long.

Damn, wonder why it takes so long. As I saw RAWs around the 20th August... OH well, patience and all that.
Oct 25, 2010 4:24 PM

Oct 2008
Ohhhh yeah! Subs are out!!!
http://www.animetake.com/mahou%E2%80%8B-sensei%E2%80%8B-negima%E2%80%8B-mou%E2%80%8B-hitotsu%E2%80%8B-no%E2%80%8B-sekai%E2%80%8B-4%E2%80%8B/

Also check my website for weekly anime rankings of the newly released episodes: http://roanapurblog.com
Oct 25, 2010 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
Ahaha~
The Sayo part was too adorable. <3
Glad to see Mamiko Noto doing fine, collecting jewelry. I always knew she was fashionable. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2010 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
Been waiting a while for this.

Anyways, just watched it and enjoyed it. Can't wait for Negi to show off more of his awesomeness during the tournament.
Oct 26, 2010 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
Epic fighting between Eva and Negi, but seriously, couldn't Ensis Excequens look less like a lightsaber? Even the sound effects were like they were ripped of from Star Wars. If I hadn't read the manga, I'd be expecting Eva to reveal that she's Negi's mother in Darth Vader fashion. But even so, if the Rakan vs Negi fight is as epic, It'll seriously be the best fight in anime ever.

The Sayo scene with Ku-Fei was incredibly funny. "-Kuffy-san!","-Oh! Bland Ghost!" cue hilarious deadpan by Sayo and the words BLAND GHOST on the screen. Incredible moment there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Setsuna's reaction after the hug by Konoka. Another brilliant reaction there. Negima is just full of win.
XylokoposOct 26, 2010 12:39 PM
Oct 26, 2010 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
Zalxoras said:
Epic fighting between Eva and Negi, but seriously, couldn't Ensis Excequens look less like a lightsaber? Even the sound effects were like they were ripped of from Star Wars. If I hadn't read the manga, I'd be expecting Eva to reveal that she's Negi's mother in Darth Vader fashion. But even so, if the Rakan vs Negi fight is as epic, It'll seriously be the best fight in anime ever.

The Sayo scene with Ku-Fei was incredibly funny. "-Kuffy-san!","-Oh! Bland Ghost!" cue hilarious deadpan by Sayo and the words BLAND GHOST on the screen. Incredible moment there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Setsuna's reaction after the hug by Konoka. Another brilliant reaction there. Negima is just full of win.

It will probably be in the movie, and everyone knows that movie usually have highest production value than ova/oad. Also giving how well these sold the movie will have a lot of money supporting it and yeah it will be epic win.
Oct 27, 2010 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
Dandere-chan said:

It will probably be in the movie, and everyone knows that movie usually have highest production value than ova/oad. Also giving how well these sold the movie will have a lot of money supporting it and yeah it will be epic win.

I doubt it will be in a movie. The fight is probably going to be another OVA/OAD, since the opening sequence in every episode shows that Negi gets his own pactio card. And this happens 1 chapter before Nagi goes to fight Rakan. I guess that there are still 4 episodes to come until the Rakan Fight, each episode covering a volume starting from the end of 23 (Yue wasn't shown) and 24. What I'd expect to be in the movie would be either the ball after the fight, or if the OVAs reach up to that, well, the final fight meaning the latest manga chapters.

EDIT: Just realized that there's going to be just one more episode. I guess the Rakan fight won't make it in the OVA/OAD's after all.
XylokoposOct 27, 2010 7:08 AM
Oct 27, 2010 7:46 AM

Jul 2008
Zalxoras said:
Dandere-chan said:

I doubt it will be in a movie. The fight is probably going to be another OVA/OAD, since the opening sequence in every episode shows that Negi gets his own pactio card. And this happens 1 chapter before Nagi goes to fight Rakan. I guess that there are still 4 episodes to come until the Rakan Fight, each episode covering a volume starting from the end of 23 (Yue wasn't shown) and 24. What I'd expect to be in the movie would be either the ball after the fight, or if the OVAs reach up to that, well, the final fight meaning the latest manga chapters.

EDIT: Just realized that there's going to be just one more episode. I guess the Rakan fight won't make it in the OVA/OAD's after all.

Lol yeah and the next episode is the part with Yue after she lost her memories X).
Ken said that there would be one movie after the OAD to finish the arc.

I think that the magical world arc can be separated in two subarc
-First is from where he enter the magical world until he defeat Rakan
-Second would be a ''save the magical world arc'' and start after his fight with Rakan until the end of the actual big arc.

If he plan to animate the reste of part 1 and the whole part 2 into the movie it'll be hella rushed imo and that I don't want :(.
Oct 28, 2010 7:31 AM

Sep 2007
I want to be sure : We have not already pass the Chachamaru pactio hum ? *_*
Oct 28, 2010 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
I want to be sure : We have not already pass the Chachamaru pactio hum ? *_*

No
If I recall correctly

Oct 29, 2010 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
Konoka was very cute this episode. I really loved seeing Setsuna and Asuna meeting up with Kaede and Konoka. Asuna really looked great as well

Nodoka and the group of treasure hunters were awesome. I really like the treasure hunters, and Nodoka got her magical item.

Ku Fei was funny, and I liked when Sayo found her, it was a good scene, funny, and the characters looked great.

Evangeline looked a bit weird / freaky when I first saw her in this episode, but in the second half she looked a lot better.

The fighting was amazing, EXCEPT I didn't like how they showed the fist fighting. It looked weird, but I do understand it is a good way to show how intense and face paced the fights are. Other than that, the spells looked nice, the fighting was great, and when Negi used Magia Erebea, he looked cool, and wasn't as completely black as he was in the manga at times.

When Jack Rakan blushed the first time in the episode when Negi "confessed" his love for Evangeline, that part was hilarious :P Jack Rakan is one of my favourite characters in the series.

When Chisame was chasing around Negi, I found that part funny as well. Also, when Chisame said "What's with that reaction... old man" her face was priceless :P Then she started chasing him around with a pillow.

Dandere-chan said:

If he plan to animate the reste of part 1 and the whole part 2 into the movie it'll be hella rushed imo and that I don't want :(.

I agree. I think he definitely shouldn't rush it. The fight between Jack Rakan and Negi was amazing, epic, whatever you want to call it. It was very intense, and one of my favourite fights in the series.

Overall, a great episode. I really love majority of the art of the OVA series, with a few exceptions (some people look weird at times). The style of comedy is good as well, having SHAFT involved definitely makes things more unique :P
Oct 30, 2010 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
Eva is so cool.
Oct 31, 2010 5:57 PM

Dec 2007
Too much SHAFT style in the fight scenes in my opinion like with the previous episode. Although I still do like how they voiced the spell casts even though sometimes it doesn't make sense logically in some cases like in this episode, how Eva chants her long ass spell while Negi stands there and waits lol.

The comedy scenes were an improvement to the manga. Especially the last bits with the pillows =).
Oct 31, 2010 6:12 PM

May 2007
I love the fight scenes being shaft style, their shonen fight style is much better in my opinion to say a Toei or Pierrot

The episode was great, we had Nodoka start to show her new cool, Negima had to face his inner demons and club Negima has 4 members.
My anime list
Nov 5, 2010 12:46 AM
Jan 2009
Episode 4 was pretty good. didnt even notice the subs were out until now when i found it here
Oct 18, 2012 6:15 AM

Jul 2009
That fight was pretty amazing. I seriously need to read the manga...I've been meaning to for like 3 years now O_o
Mar 2, 2014 2:07 PM
May 2013
Great OVAs ... I wish it was more.
I thought Negima was about a kid making a harem , but this showed me that is more and it can be really awesome so I'm going to read the manga .
Apr 30, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
Man watching these 4 OVA's makes want a proper Negima anime so much more. Jack Rackan was hilarious, loved the scenes with Chisame/Chachamaru and Asuna. The animations was very good, better than the previous 3 OVAs. Which is very refreshing after I watched the abomination that is the first t.v. series.

I picked this series up after I began reading UQ Holder and was impressed with the art and the fact that it was a sequel to a well respected series. Since then I've marathoned the manga and have been completely hooked. It starts off slow but once it gets going it never looks back. I feel bad for Ken Akamatsu having such bad luck with his adaptations. If this where to be made into a proper adaptation it would easily top the charts. It's got everything, comedy, romance, action, great characters, amazing locations, real sense of adventure. Sigh....oh well at least I can always re-read the manga. What a pity.
Jul 31, 2014 5:30 PM
Sep 2013
I dont remember where but i remember seeing negi vs black hounds episode somewhere. if someone has a link to it that would be fantastic.
Feb 28, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting episode, I really do wonder how they'll finish this even though they're only halfway through the story!

Let's see what's next.
Jun 17, 2016 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
Man that battle against the darkness was epic!! Wished she would've fought like that in the Anime as well. Kid chooses the path of darkness I see.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 3, 2017 12:52 AM

Dec 2013
Chisame is becoming more and more likeable.

The fight scene between Negi and the fake Eva was badass.
Mar 27, 2018 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
The fight between Negi and Eva was really nice to look at, sasuga Shaft. Not much else to say about this episode except for the nice interaction of Asuna's and Konoka's pairs. One episode left before I can hit the movie :3
Apr 5, 2022 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
Such a shame this wasn't a 24 ep. season. The fights were cool and there were nice fanservice too. 8/10
Jun 28, 2022 12:04 AM

Jan 2020
So Negi is going to stop being a naïve, floofy-floof boi and learn dark magic? I'll believe that when I see it.

Ugh. I really hate when characters forsake money. I know Nodoka doesn't live in this world and has no need for a fortune, but at least take a little bit of money to be able to fund traveling. If she's separated from everyone anyway, I don't see what the harm is in having enough loot to buy some transportation or enough to cover food and lodging. As an avid RPG fan this is just a huge pet peeve of mine.

Negi sure does get stabbed a lot.

I like the dark markings on his arms, hopefully his new magic is going to be equally neat. I was already kind of a fan of his light arrows, but I guess that'll end up changing? I probably won't see it until the movie eh? One more OVA to go first.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

Lindle - Jan 29, 2011

5 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 11:25 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Skyway - Nov 16, 2009

61 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 10:33 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mouhitotsu no Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Skyway - Sep 15, 2009

77 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 8:03 AM

» Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

bakakubi - May 21, 2010

40 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Dec 5, 2019 3:16 AM

» Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Ariadne Arc

Nuzuky - Nov 1, 2010

0 by Nuzuky »»
Nov 1, 2010 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.