Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2010 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor guy, and poor Koan. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 20, 2011 11:50 AM

Dec 2009
Anitnelav said:
Poor guy, and poor Koan. :&lt;

Why poor Koan? You mean Petz? ;)
Nov 13, 2011 10:21 AM

Sep 2008
Demando is a fucking idiot for not protecting Saphir.
I don't know why I felt so sad for Saphir; he was like totally useless in the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

I don't know why I felt so sad for Saphir; he was like totally useless in the show.

I was wondering the same thing, actually. It was an okay episode, but it would have been much, much better if everything wasn't packed into one episode. There was not much impact on Petz's side of things because we just now learned in this episode that she was in love with Saphir and then they try to tragically kill him off for emotional impact? Sorry, doesn't work for me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 19, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2012
i didn't care for saphir & his annoying voice so i'm not devastated at his death in the slightest. i did feel sympathy for petz, however. the ayakashi sisters are such interesting characters that i actually wish they got more screen time after their purification so i'm just happy they made a reappearance.
Sep 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
I couldn't care for Saphir at all since he was rarely in this. I felt more bad for Petz. Maybe if we knew who she hated I would have more emotion over Saphir good or bad.
Feb 10, 2014 5:49 AM
Mar 2013
Aww, I feel so bad for Petz. I liked how Sapphire's eyes closed as soon as the bandages on his head fell down. He may not have done much in the series but I still wanted him to live ;_;

That look on Prince Diamond's face as he picked up his brother was intense. This was one of the best episodes so far this season.
Mar 8, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
Demando no baka!
If he had listen to him... this wouldn't have happened. I feel really sorry for Petz. :<
Jul 6, 2014 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
Death Phantom's monologue was so cool. That was a hell of a good episode! Saphir's death gave a dramatic, though beautiful tone to it.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 23, 2015 10:43 PM

Aug 2007
I agree Petz and Saphir's past should have been brought up much sooner. With all the episode for this arc, you would think taking out some of the other minor stuff would have been a better choice.

It still was pretty sad, though. I can't understand how Wiseman can constantly deceive the villains in this arc so easily, though.

Jul 21, 2016 5:07 PM
Jul 2015
Ultimately the death was not impactful because of Petz's feelings, but Demande's. While Petz has been sympathetic in the past this was too sudden for that.

Here, all the pain lies upon Demande's shoulders.

On another note, following last episode's homoerotic scene, have some Mars and Moon staring into each other's eyes:

Oct 14, 2016 10:32 AM
Jan 2012
Sad for serena/Usagi and Saphir
I don't like large dark/wiseman as villain.
surprise for sisters of black moon helped Saphir.
I hope next's episode great climax and and also like the diamond principe take forward and stop being manipulated.
RafaKojiroOct 14, 2016 10:47 AM
Dec 12, 2016 10:50 AM

Aug 2016
aaah..handsome Saphir...I don't want to part with you T-T I remember this scene out of my childhood, I was heartbroken with my 10 years about Saphir's death, i don't even know why, he hasn't even had that many scenes XD Still he was somehow very likeable (probably because one of the few non-idiots out there in the Sailor Moon universe)
Jun 27, 2017 4:41 AM
Jul 2013
i felt more sorry for demando than petz regarding saphir. the relationship between petz and saphir should have been brought up earlier for petz's feelings to have a much larger impact. i did have sympathy for her, however.

wish the ayakashi sisters had more screen time after their purifications. their story has been the most interesting since the doom tree arc.
Jul 13, 2017 9:56 PM
Nov 2015
The phantom sisters make cameo!!
Jul 13, 2017 10:16 PM
Nov 2015
Sean_Nessman said:
The phantom sisters make cameo!!

Kyaaaaaa they return!!!!
Kyaaaaaa half the episode is about them!!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY??? Why wasn't Saphir made more important in previous episodes?? Why wasn't Petz's love hinted at more???

Anyway, I love anime death. I can think of hundreds of ways to make his death more impactful. I guess it's due to the way the author just thought up plot along the way, and didn't plan from the start.
That's why his death does not quite impress as Nephrite's lat season.

BUT BUT BUT BUT this is still one of the best episodes in the whole series.
Jul 13, 2017 10:16 PM
Nov 2015
Poor Petz, Saphir only cares about his brother.
Jul 13, 2017 10:23 PM
Nov 2015
Saphir is one of 2 decent guys in this arc (the other is Artemis)

Oh my God this ep is so kind to him. So so many close-ups on his face.
I guess injury is bad but head bandage on a guy is so fukkkking beautiful.

The scene where he smelled the grass then dreamed about his brother and their childhood is nice.
And when he gave Petz his jacket is nice too.
And Koan instead of waiting and doing nothing called Usagi, is nice too.
And when the Sailors appeared, their shadows were long long long, is nice too.

And when nii-san carried Saphir on his hands, is niceeeeeee.
Jul 13, 2017 10:32 PM
Nov 2015
A, the part when they girls remember Chibiusa when Usagi's mother brought out her cup is a nice touch.

Also, Chibiusa should transform into Black Lady long long ago!!
Luna-P's weapons are soooooo cool, I could not believe it, they're not even LOL like the cake, cosmetic, ... monsters. They're actually very pretty and useful and suit a girl well.
Sep 17, 2018 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
Wow! This has got to be one of my favorite episodes of the season. Poor Saphir, and poor Petz
Dec 22, 2018 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
i feel worse for petz then i do saphir honestly, i really love those four sisters honestly.
Jan 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
A lot of stuff was shoehorned.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2022 1:55 PM

Dec 2016
My favorite episode from this season, and the one I always remembered the most. Poor good boi Saphir, the only one with an actual brain in that whole family.

I can get why many may think this was too rushed to leave an impact, but I disagree. The fact that we get to learn Petz's feelings for Saphir in exactly the same episode when we see him getting killed makes the feeling-sorrow intention actually more effective. Besides had we learned her feelings earlier would have meant we would have had a romantic subplot related to supporting characters that wasn't really necessary.
Apr 24, 2022 2:54 PM

Mar 2020
Poor Saphir, poor Petz. Poor guy had to die for being the only villain to actually realize that Wiseman isn't the most trustworthy. Now Demande's wised up to how suspicious Wiseman is at least, but from what I remember of the manga

May 22, 2023 1:27 AM

Feb 2020
Marnie said:
Ultimately the death was not impactful because of Petz's feelings, but Demande's. While Petz has been sympathetic in the past this was too sudden for that.

Here, all the pain lies upon Demande's shoulders.

On another note, following last episode's homoerotic scene, have some Mars and Moon staring into each other's eyes:

that mars and moon moment was very cute
loved et

May 15, 6:17 AM

Jul 2017
a very sad episode, saphir could've been a cool character, too bad he died so quickly.
i feel very bad for petz.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 22 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

27 by ad0rablegoat »»
Today, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 14 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 20 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

16 by n9nzz »»
Yesterday, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 42 Discussion

Shin_Star - May 7, 2010

30 by Neemesis_2 »»
May 16, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 1 Discussion

ukonkivi - May 11, 2009

29 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 15, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.