Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2010 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol @ Sailor Venus.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 19, 2011 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
This is easily one of the funniest episodes of Sailor Moon xD
Minako with the stereo lol.
Nov 1, 2011 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
Tuxedo Mask is probably the cure to any illness.
Minako sure is horrible though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2011 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
Minaka is turning more and more into a second Usagi, she never used to be like that.
This episode was boring by all standards - it looks like a bunch of girls playing house!
Dec 29, 2011 11:32 AM

Jun 2009
meneope said:
Minaka is turning more and more into a second Usagi, she never used to be like that.
This episode was boring by all standards - it looks like a bunch of girls playing house!

I'm telling you, as I said before she was a airhead from the very beginning. I thought that was apparent in the episode where she showed she couldn't dance and other occasions. Though, yeah, it was definitely exaggerated this episode. I thought this was a pretty amusing episode, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 2, 2012 7:11 AM

Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
meneope said:

I'm telling you, as I said before she was a airhead from the very beginning. I thought that was apparent in the episode where she showed she couldn't dance and other occasions. Though, yeah, it was definitely exaggerated this episode. I thought this was a pretty amusing episode, though.

Hmm I don't know you know, when she first showed up in the original Sailor Moon arc with the white cat, she looked sophisticated and level-headed and impressive to the other Sailors because she was fighting alone for a long time. Now she's a diehard scatterbrain, she almost chop her finger recklessly on the chop board in 1 of the previous ep. Her character seems a bit marginalised to me. The white cat doesn't even live with her anymore.
I think they have included a bit too many protagonists, now they are at a lost about managing so many independent personality traits and eventually some get marginalised. Rei is always fiery, Ami a diehard intellectual, Makoto (?) (stuck with her 'lost-Senpai line'!) and Minako's personality is completely merged with Usagi now.
Also I think part of the problem was that Minako was the arch-type original character for Sailor Moon, since the manga Sailor Venus was already in full swing when they started Sailor Moon, that probably could explain why she came at the very end of the first original arc - so that the two personalities wouldn't conflict too much I suppose, since especially they weren't planning further arcs for the series.
Jul 24, 2012 2:11 AM
Mar 2008
meneope said:
insan3soldiern said:
meneope said:

Hmm I don't know you know, when she first showed up in the original Sailor Moon arc with the white cat, she looked sophisticated and level-headed and impressive to the other Sailors because she was fighting alone for a long time. Now she's a diehard scatterbrain, she almost chop her finger recklessly on the chop board in 1 of the previous ep. Her character seems a bit marginalised to me. The white cat doesn't even live with her anymore.
I think they have included a bit too many protagonists, now they are at a lost about managing so many independent personality traits and eventually some get marginalised. Rei is always fiery, Ami a diehard intellectual, Makoto (?) (stuck with her 'lost-Senpai line'!) and Minako's personality is completely merged with Usagi now.
Also I think part of the problem was that Minako was the arch-type original character for Sailor Moon, since the manga Sailor Venus was already in full swing when they started Sailor Moon, that probably could explain why she came at the very end of the first original arc - so that the two personalities wouldn't conflict too much I suppose, since especially they weren't planning further arcs for the series.

I don't really think that's true. She's always been an airhead, she's just much better at hiding it than Sailor Moon is. Usagi and Minako are very different, they just share one trait.
Nov 25, 2012 11:16 PM

Jun 2012
Hakuneii said:
I don't really think that's true. She's always been an airhead, she's just much better at hiding it than Sailor Moon is. Usagi and Minako are very different, they just share one trait.

I agree with this. Although Minako and Usagi definitely have their similarities, I think one big difference between the two of them is that Minako is quite mature for the most part, whereas Usagi is not. That being said though, it would definitely be nice to see her character develop a little bit more.

It was refreshing to see a Minako-centred episode though. She really doesn't get enough screen time, and I find her to be quite a loveable character.
Jun 16, 2013 2:12 PM

Nov 2012
this was the episode that made me love minako & turned sailor venus into my favourite when i first watched it, so haters can kindly take several seats (☆^ー^☆)

& yeah minako has always been an airhead, it's just that she doesn't get much screen-time so it doesn't come out that often. all the sailor-venus focused episodes (of which, sadly, there have only been about 3 - if that) have been quite serious (e.g. the episode about her past in london) so maybe that's why people forget how clumsy she really is & how much she really does resemble usagi.
Jul 28, 2013 10:07 AM
Mar 2011
I can definitely see where it looks like Minako has been flanderized -- however, this episode was completely in line with her character from the Codename: Sailor V manga. Seriously, read that, and then you'll understand just how totally in character she was in this episode. ^.^

Anyway, this was a great episode, definitely one of my favorites!
Aug 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
Wasn't Sailor V originally supposed to be the protagonist in the manga and series? That could be the reason for the similarities.
Oct 19, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2011
SHIT MINAKO GET IT TOGETHER
Feb 10, 2014 3:42 AM
Mar 2013
Oh yes, I remember this episode! Minako was hilarious in this one. She makes one hell of a mean spicy porridge. On top of that, she's also very technology challenged, she can't even operate a stereo ^^
Mar 2, 2014 8:40 AM

Apr 2010
Funny episode. I'd like to have a portion of porridge now. ^^
May 21, 2014 9:21 PM

Aug 2007
pink-lemonade said:
Hakuneii said:

I agree with this. Although Minako and Usagi definitely have their similarities, I think one big difference between the two of them is that Minako is quite mature for the most part, whereas Usagi is not. That being said though, it would definitely be nice to see her character develop a little bit more.

It was refreshing to see a Minako-centred episode though. She really doesn't get enough screen time, and I find her to be quite a loveable character.

I'm going to agree with this too.
I personally like some things about Usagi, but I can not stand how whiny she is and generally very immature. Minako on the other hand does not exhibit these traits, and I honestly think she's MORE clumsy and hazardous. The funny thing is, Minako always does this out of genuine kindness. Usagi usually has ulterior motives, haha.

Aug 4, 2014 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
I love Minako episodes she's such a cutie 💗
Aug 19, 2014 1:41 AM

Aug 2012
Awww that was a very cute moment with Minako and Usagi :)
Jul 13, 2016 10:35 PM
Jul 2015
GAAAY

Seriously that scene with the two of them talking while Chibi-usa slept was cute.

Finally an episode with some personality.
Oct 13, 2016 11:26 AM
Jan 2012
filler episode.
Minako also clumsy and equal to Usagi. In the end it turned out well. I liked the final fight of the episode.
Jun 6, 2017 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
Aww, I love 'all about Sailor V' eps. >.<

She could be the main one, not Usako if you ask me. ^^

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jun 26, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 2013
minako/sailor venus isn't my favourite, but i do love episodes that focus on her.

too bad her attempts to take care of everyone weren't that successful, but her heart is in the right place in the end!
Jul 11, 2017 9:23 AM
Nov 2015
Minako is definitely made less interesting.

She first appeared quite mysteriously. I first thought of her as mature, talking little, woman-ish, sexy (like an older version of Usagi with better body and looks and aura).
Mainly because of the episode when her old love n friend in London came back to haunt her.

And I always rank her episode in the Hell Tree arc as one of my fave moments, when she was talking about superheroes and whether they're real, and what's actually important is you have something to believe in....
Sep 22, 2018 5:36 AM

Mar 2017
I thought this episode was a bit too over the top and ceased to be funny... and regardless of how Minako is "supposed" to be according to the manga or whatever, I just think it's not interesting for her to be a second Usagi. I mean, we already have TWO Usagi's for crying out loud!

I definitely need another long break after this season. I could of course just leave out the filler episodes, there are good watch orders online... but I hate doing that.

Dec 20, 2018 6:45 PM

Jun 2015
I actually quite like Minako, despite her being kind of like Usagi
Feb 10, 2019 7:12 AM
Mar 2018
This was a decent one. The plot was decently interesting and much of Minako's attempts to help them get better and take care of them were funny.
Nov 21, 2019 7:42 AM

Jun 2015
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
meneope said:

This is a filler episode anyway. That's why the characters seem a bit off.
Apr 29, 2020 12:56 PM

Apr 2008
A timely episode for 2020.
Jan 19, 2021 7:08 AM

Nov 2016
Watching this in 2020/21 hits close to home

So apparently Minako isn't an idiot, but she was still a disaster in this episode xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2021 10:49 AM
Aug 2017
Minako literally papering over the crack in the window. xD

Apr 21, 2022 11:18 AM

Mar 2020
I like how Minako is somehow so much of a klutz she makes Usagi seem sensible, lol

Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Jan 2021
I heckin love this side of minako

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 25 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 24 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

21 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 23 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

30 by Neemesis_2 »»
May 1, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 22 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
May 1, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 19 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

15 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 28, 3:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.