Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2010 12:01 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they broke up.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 29, 2010 9:35 AM

Jun 2009
At some point I was suspecting Chibi-Usagi hypnotized him, but I'm not so sure about it - there seems to be something else going on here
Mar 31, 2011 6:11 AM
Nov 2010
Well it obviously has something to do with the vision he had when he touched Chibi-Usagi
Oct 12, 2011 12:51 PM

Dec 2009
I just love the villain sisters. Koan and Berthier gets my love xD
Oct 12, 2011 3:12 PM

Sep 2008
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I want to kill Mamoru now, no matter what his intentions are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 4:34 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, how they handled the drama scenes was very well done. I'm guessing this was when Ikuhara took over as director because it certainly felt like he had his hand in this episode. The villain was hilarious btw, "put on extra make-up. DO IT!".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 21, 2012 3:46 AM
Mar 2008
If there's one thing I have to give to give Sailor Moon credit for, it'd be the drama scenes. They're all handled very, very well. Mamoru needs to stop whatever he thinks he's doing, I doubt this is the best plan when you could just .. you know .. tell Usagi what's going on?
May 13, 2013 6:14 PM
May 2013
Ugh...I vaguely remembered this subplot from when I first watched the dub over a decade ago. I just forgot how hard it was to handle (maybe it was toned down in the dub? I don't recall). I almost cried during the episode even though I knew what was coming, and even though I know what's actually going on. Sigh.

Chibiusa is starting to get annoying. I can still handle it, but I can feel the obnoxiousness bubbling under the surface and just waiting to burst. I am so not excited for when that happens.

I did enjoy the villain! A nice touch of comedy in an otherwise really emotionally tense episode. I think powder-puffed pancake-Luna was my favorite bit...
May 18, 2013 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
Oh I love how the always make the drama scenes so full and powerful of emotions, almost makes me cry everytime.. darn it!

I still wonder what Mamoru saw in that vision, I can only start guessing. . . I hope future eps will show that (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I like to put my fingers on my midi-keyboard sometimes

https://soundcloud.com/agithascastlemusic
Aug 19, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2008
I do like the villains, however...

first we have Chibiusa being an absolute ass, we are beyond little brat at this point and now Mamoru has turned into a complete douchebag. Whatever you are thinking Mamoru, its not gonna work.

Can I punch both of them, please?
Feb 9, 2014 12:43 PM
Mar 2013
WolfWood37 said:
I do like the villains, however...

first we have Chibiusa being an absolute ass, we are beyond little brat at this point and now Mamoru has turned into a complete douchebag. Whatever you are thinking Mamoru, its not gonna work.

Can I punch both of them, please?
I also like the villains so far. They have a lot of personality.

I remember this episode from when I watched it over 10 years ago. It was so sad ;_; I agree that Darien's acting like a total "granola bar" (gotta love the english dub).

You can smack him twice, once for you and once for me ^_^

On a more positive note, in the beginning of the series Serena scored a 30 on her tests. Now she got a 32. Looks like Serena is improving...veeeery slowly.
May 4, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2007
Hm, I don't know why, but I wasn't really impressed by this.
I know Tuxedo Mask has a reason why he's doing this but eh...
I didn't like the villain this episode, with the jaded "beauty is from the inside" message.
We'll see how next episode does it.

Aug 27, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
More drama than I expected in this episode but it was really well done. The villains have a little more depth to them this arc as well--not the monster of the week but Berthier and her sisters.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 17, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Tuxedo Mask has his reasons, still that was sad. The drama scenes were well-done.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 6, 2016 9:45 AM
Jan 2012
First time and second i have small desillusion,but after finish I understand probably the relevance for the story. The story this season have much mysteries.
Sailor moon so really stronger this season.
Apr 1, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Oh it was so heartbreaking. Poor Usako.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jul 5, 2017 9:46 AM
Nov 2015
Oh Oh Mamoru is shit.
And Usagi even has to go to his apartment to ... apologize!!!!
Fuk him.
Jul 5, 2017 9:51 AM
Nov 2015
Ok I guess he's got of vision of the future, when Usagi'll become Queen and they get married. That leads to the building of the Crystal city, which then leads to its being destroyed by the villains and Usagi's dead??

That's no reason why you should stop seeing her. First, you've been through worse. Remember the Dark Kingdom? Second, altering the present to not get married in the future does not necessarily prevent the tragedy. The villains will still be there and earth will still be destroyed.

It's fukking obvious that he should sit down with the Sailors and tell them everything ab his visions, instead of acting alone and acting like a dick.
Jul 5, 2017 9:56 AM
Nov 2015
I've seen enough of this "my love for you causes you harm so we should just break up" kind of shit and everytime it annoys the hell out of me. It comes solely from the side of the boy, the girl knows nothing about it and is left with doubt and the making-up talk.

Fuk him. You'd better off with Rei Usagi. Once this Mamoru lost his mystery, he's got nothing left.
Jul 5, 2017 9:59 AM
Nov 2015
Lately I've seen a lot of crying in a phone booth.
Jul 5, 2017 10:09 AM
Nov 2015
I like the perfume-bottle yokai. And then she scribbles eyes and nose on her face. That is sooo over the top.
Jul 5, 2017 10:10 AM
Nov 2015
"I DON'T LIKE WEAK GIRLS"

What the fukkking hell???

You are basically, the WEAKEST LAMEST THING in this whole universe, you fukkker!
Aug 26, 2017 9:09 PM

Mar 2016
Well, this was a heavy episode... The tone when Mamoru ans Usagi chat was pretty heavy plus the animation and writting that were awesome!

I personally prefered the 1st season because it was more complex, one sided and solid but this one is starting to catching up to its predecessor.
Aug 8, 2018 1:26 AM
Jun 2016
To be fair, Tuxedo Mask did save Sailor Moon numerous times in the previous episodes but come on. Like, sure, Usagi's kind of cries a lot but she saved numerous people in the past. Including him. I'm sure she did her part already, in my opinion at least.
Dec 8, 2018 11:40 PM

Jun 2015
i had to take a break for a bit after chibiusa said "no, mamo's my boyfriend"... girl if only you knew thats literally your dad.

i understood mamoru had intentions for his reasons, but like most situations when people do that i dont see how they dont intend to go through it together. it only makes it worse to go through it separately.
Jan 6, 2019 7:24 AM
Mar 2018
Another good episode. Some of the romance bits were boring but most of the plot was really neat, and the emotion hit in all the right places when needed. Chibi-Usa being Mamoru's girlfriend is kinda disturbing though, given the age difference...
Jun 19, 2020 2:44 AM

Jul 2016
BRUHHHHHHHHHHHH

USAGI GET A BETTER MAN YOU DONT NEED HIM

Anyway rewatching this series after 10 years later, I really have to both like and hate Mamoru.
Sep 14, 2021 6:04 AM

Sep 2014
I like how the show clearly doesnt take itself serious at times, "must put on make-up" mid fight! lmao
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 19, 2022 4:03 AM

Mar 2020
I really hate ChibiUsa, jesus christ, why can't she just tell the main cast her motivation already?
Also, Mamoru's also an asshole in this episode, why won't people just tell Usagi what's going on? I know that would get rid of a lot of the drama, but it wouldn't be as infuriating as this bullshit

Jan 23, 2023 11:12 PM

Feb 2020

damn this brats actually pretty cute huh lol

Might become my fav sailor moon waifu?

Apr 7, 12:16 AM

Jan 2021
This is soooo saddddd I don't like seeing usagi sad it makes me cry ToT
Apr 27, 2:12 AM

Jul 2017
this episode was very sad, mamoru i don't think this is the right way to protect usagi from the vision you had.
poor usagi.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 25 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

25 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 24 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

21 by Neemesis_2 »»
Today, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 23 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

30 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 22 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 19 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

15 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 28, 3:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.